Start by marking “City of God (Knights Templar #3)” as Want to Read:
City of God (Knights Templar #3)

City of God

(Knights Templar #3)

Journey to the heart of an empire: a jaw-dropping historical adventure from master storyteller S.J.A. Turney

Arnau de Vallbona and his fellow Templar Brother Ramon are bound for the Holy Land to take part in the great Crusade when fate intervenes.

Published May 9th 2019 by Canelo Adventure

To ask other readers questions about City of God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about City of God

Start your review of City of God (Knights Templar #3)
Paul Bennett
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
BLURB

Arnau de Vallbona and his fellow Templar Brother Ramon are bound for the Holy Land to take part in the great Crusade when fate intervenes.

Delayed in Cyprus, they learn of a growing rift in Christendom: the crusading army has diverted from its course and threatens Rome’s allies in the Byzantine Empire. Arnau and Ramon, alongside the irascible Preceptor Bochard, race to Constantinople,
Sharon
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous!

This is an amazing story of the fourth carriage r and the siege and saving of Constantinople, told through the eyes of two Template knights. The third instalment of this stunning series, it is crammed full of action and drama, with incredible, sweeping battle scenes and intriguing insights into the murky world of medieval relic hunting. Highly recommended!
Douglas Lambell
Jul 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Solid third installment

I am enjoying Turney's telling of the important events from this period of history and the involvement (or potential involvement) of the Templars in each. I am also enjoying our view into the maturation of Arnau and his tutelage from multiple mentors. I will pursue the next chapter when it is available.
George Tallent
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great read in what is becoming my new favorite series by S.J.A Turney

The City of God captures history, drama, and excitement. Having discovered the Knights Templar series in May 2019, it's taken me no time to read through them all. I am looking forward to reading the next installment!
Tom Ferguson
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was ok
Informative

An interesting and informative read on a subject that I little understood. Now when I see a reference to The Disastrous Fourth Crusade I will understand why it was a disaster. Good.to be entertained while being informed.
M L Evans
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great new adventure

Great to see brother Arnu back on another adventure with another of his fellow chapter knights. Interesting play on the start of the demise of Byzantium and good authors notes at the end to explain the background. Looking forward to the next in the series.
george r olfson
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
History made real

Thank you for your stories of events I may have heard of, but not connected to. Wonderful education with entertainment. Appreciate your research and scholarship. Please keep writing.

David Bonnen
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed the 3rd book in the series, the journey and subsequent battles with those naughty Venetians is brilliant. Atmospheric and well told and just adds to my atheism as religion never seems to be a platform for peace, well, not in all the historical novels I read!!
Jaybour
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another Good Read

Turney does not disappoint. Impossible to put down, as it's so cleverly paced. Can't wait to read the next instalment! One caveat: The endless Biblical quotes are wearisome, as they were in the previous two books.
09/01
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another good read

Well researched novel of The fall of Byzantine capital. Arnau and Ramon try to understand their mission. Who is the enemy. Read it and find out😊
Jenny Coulton
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed this book

This is the third book in the series that I have read and they have kept me enthralled throughout. The reader is the husband of the account person.
Guy Lawfull
Jun 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
A descriptively wonderful story of sieging, battle and subterfuge in a marvellous historical setting
Mrs Angela Furnival
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
City of God

From the first page to the last a minefield of intrigue and suspense, betrayal and revenge! A true page turner!
ross mcmurchy
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved book 1. I really liked book 2. I loved book three. I am reading book 4. There you go.
Terry
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great story

In this book we again meet Arnau De Valbonne a template knight. He is sent to Acre but ends up in Constantinople the capital of the Byzantine empire with a senior Templer whose purpose seems to be to ransacke and purchase as many holy relics as he can. All this in the middle of the fourth crusade. Aruba and Ramon his companion knight from Spain are torn between their oath of loyalty to the Templars and their wish to help the righteous Byzantines even though they (the Byzantine
Chris Bernd-Striebeck
Aug 28, 2019
Lynda Counts
Jun 10, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Emperor's Sword (Imperial Assassin #1)
  • Crécy: The Age of the Archer (Sir John Hawkwood #1)
  • King in Waiting (Lord Edward's Archer, #2)
  • An Archer's Crusade (Lord Edward's Archer #3)
  • Emperor's Knife (Imperial Assassin #2)
  • Lord Edward's Archer
  • Templar Treasures (Knights Templar, #4)
  • Son of Ishtar (Empires of Bronze #1)
  • Castilian Knight (Reconquista Chronicles #1)
  • Templar Steel (The Brotherhood #1)
  • The Legions of the Mist: A gripping novel of Roman adventure
  • The Nine (The Wolf of Corwick Castle Book 1)
  • Sentinel of the North (Border Knight Book 9)
  • Kemp: The Castle in the Marsh (Arrows of Albion Book 3)
  • The Wolf At Large (The Wolf of Corwick Castle Book 2)
  • Emperor's Axe (Imperial Assassin #3)
  • Cross of Fire (Master of War, #6)
  • Templar Stone (The Brotherhood #2)
Simon lives with his wife and children and a menagerie of animals in rural North Yorkshire, where he sits in an office, wired on coffee and digestive biscuits, and attempts to spin engrossing tales out of strands of imagination while his children drive toys across his desk and two dogs howl as they try to share a brain cell.

A born and bred Yorkshireman with a love of country, history and architect

Knights Templar (5 books)
  • Daughter of War (Knights Templar #1)
  • The Last Emir (Knights Templar #2)
  • The Winter Knight (Knights Templar #4)
  • The Crescent and the Cross (Knights Templar #5)