Start by marking “Sabrina the Teenage Witch” as Want to Read:
Sabrina the Teenage Witch

Sabrina the Teenage Witch

(Sabrina the Teenage Witch #1-5)

Kelly Thompson (Uncanny X-Men) and artist Veronica Fish (Spider-Woman, Archie) team-up to tell the story of Sabrina Spellman.

Sabrina is a teen witch who's struggling with balancing the double life of high school and her burgeoning powers. Newly relocated to Greendale with her aunts Hilda and Zelda (also witches), Sabrina is trying to make the best of being the new girl in
Published November 20th 2019 by Archie Comic Publications, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Sabrina the Teenage Witch, please sign up.
L. McCoy Good question. Only LGBT anything I remember being in this is one supporting character mentioning being interested in someone of the same gender brief…moreGood question. Only LGBT anything I remember being in this is one supporting character mentioning being interested in someone of the same gender briefly towards the end. Far from being an LGBT book I’d say.(less)

Start your review of Sabrina the Teenage Witch
Anne
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
I think a lot of people who grew up reading the original comics or watched the '90s tv show as kids were turned off by the very dark adult version of the character, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, when it popped up. I liked it a lot, but not everyone was jumping up and down for more.

This one, however?
I think Thompson hit on a nice happy medium. A rebooted modern version that doesn't include cannibalism or incest. <--it can only go up from there, right?

description

This was a genuinely sweet story, but it di
Chad
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
This was a lot of fun. Like Mark Waid's Archie, it updates the character to modern times while still maintaining the core of the character. It had a bit of a Buffy feel to it, from her high school days. The dialogue was crisp and the mystery interesting. Veronica Fish's art was perfect. Hopefully we'll be seeing more of Sabrina in the future. ...more
nitya
Sep 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kerri
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: most-loved
4.5
This reminded me of the Melissa Joan Hart version of Sabrina in many ways, (a good thing!) but it was also different enough that it felt fresh and original.
A month or two ago I read Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, then watched the show -- I loved both, and really enjoy the darker take on Sabrina, but I have to say I really appreciated the lightness of this, the bright artwork with lots of colour, especially pinks and purples. This Sabrina is funny and a little awkward -- I liked her a lot.
Dan Schwent
Mar 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-comics, 2020
New to Greendale, Sabrina Spellman runs afoul of twin enemies: a supernatural menace and teenage drama.

I read a ton of Archie comics as a kid but only a handful of Sabrina stories. My main exposure to Sabrina was that television show starring Melissa Joan Hart about a thousand years ago. I saw some comics pro, I forget which one, say this was one of the best comics of 2019 so I picked it up when the Archie website was having a sale.

I don't know about best comic of 2019 but this is damn good. Kel
James DeSantis
Feb 07, 2020 rated it liked it
This was cute, fun, and probably not really for me LOL.

I think Kelly Thompson is a very talented writer. She has a lot of good voices for multiple characters. I also think Sabrina is a character that can work in any decade, she's charming, sweet, and badass. So Kelly decides to update her, make it more modern, more school problems as always, while also dealing with the wicked magical side of the world. This creates a fun, sometimes dangerous, but also witchy experience.

If you're a fan of Sabri
Melissa
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing

This was fun! It had a bit of a slow start but then picked up later on.
Salem is a national treasure and I love Sabrina here, also...the art style is gorgeous? The facial expressions are HILARIOUS and as an artist myself this is peak comic art and I love this way more than those same face (and Artstyle) Marvel/DC comics.

Only thing I didn’t like was the love triangle and girl on girl hate in the beginning (which gets softened pretty quick tho, so I hope there will be some development in
M.  [storme reads a lot]
Jun 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sabrina is one of my favorite things in the world. I have so much childhood nostalgia. I loved these comics growing up too. It brings me so much joy to see a revamp of Sabrina. Even though it’s different, I still get the 90s vibes and am loving it so much. This is a super fun and fast read I can’t recc enough to anyone who loves Sabrina.
Julio Bonilla
Dec 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Things always begin small, Sabrina.

I vaguely remember watching Sabrina, The Teenage Witch back in the 1990s on Channel 7, T.G.I.F. Must be because it was after Family Matters, which was my favorite show for awhile. There's her teacher, Professor Sampson, Radha and Ren Kinkle; best friend, Jessa Chiang...

Here's a new adventure with Sabrina Spellman struggling to balance her academic with her personal life. This ends in a cliffhanger!

L. McCoy
SUPER FAST REVIEW:
Yay, an Archie comic published comic I didn’t dislike! Okay now don’t get too excited, this doesn’t mean I was a fan either!
So I will say I absolutely LOVE the artwork! Seriously, this style is so fun and cartoony, it is absolutely wonderful!
description
Salem (referring to the cat) is great in this comic and I was pleasantly surprised by the story’s unpredictability.
Okay, it’s not all good. I honestly didn’t care about the non-cat characters. The dialogue, while fortunately not falling int
Artemis
I think I might be falling under the spell of Sabrina Spellman. Enough to maybe read some of her original Archie comics from the sixties, despite review warnings of how sexist and dated they are.

'Sabrina the Teenage Witch' in 2019, as penned by Kelly Thompson, she of the usually mixed quality bag, isn't about Satanism, or anything particularly dark or "adult", or particularly light and fluffy for that matter. I'll just say that if you like witches, and you feel nostalgic for Sabrina in any one o
SuperSillySerra
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Feels like classic Sabrina!

Tired of the dark and demonic Netflix Sabrina the teenage witch series? Well here’s a fun take on Sabrina that feels like the old 90s tv show with a mix of “real” magiks. Sabrina is living with her two aunts and talking cat Salem. As if starting a new school wasn’t hard enough, evil creatures start to emerge from the nearby woods. I really liked this series, for it being young adult it doesn’t feel kiddie. The art and colors are amazing and I really liked the character
Jenna Vahue
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, comics
I've been waiting for this comic for months! I prefer to read comics one volume at a time rather than reading 4 separate issues and wasting my Hoopla rentals. This new iteration of Sabrina was much brighter and less scary than the Chilling Adventures series by Robert Aguirre-Sacasa(?). The color palette was vibrant and the humor was much more prevalent. Plus, Salem actually talked back in this series and had a lot of funny things to say. I do prefer this series to Chilling because it doesn't sca ...more
Anna
Jun 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Read it in about 40 minutes, I absolutely love the artwork in this! It kind of reminds of the Jem & the Holograms comic series from a few years ago in the best way. It updated Sabrina and her world in a realistic way, without purposefully making things dark just to be edgy. And Salem can talk in this one, which is important to me personally. I really enjoyed this and I hope they continue the series.
Lauren
Jan 10, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 ⭐ I liked this graphic novel, made me laugh a few times and reminded me of the tv show from my childhood, Salem is as adorable and sassy as always! Beautiful art work. Overall it was enjoyable.
Susan
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the Sabrina I know and love! The story was really good and the art and colouring were perfect. The lettering was sometimes a little hard to read but I think that's because I read a digital copy on a tablet. Super fun! ...more
Rod Brown
This is not the Sabrina I grew up with, but its an acceptable version compared to that godawful Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Vol. 1: The Crucible book I had the misfortune to read a while back. A tidy little magical adventure with a main character who seems real enough despite all the witch stuff.

Tucked in the back is the first issue of Archie by Nick Spencer Vol. 2: Archie & Sabrina, and that was just a dreary soap opera affair. Definitely skipping that book.
Sesana
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, comics
I really liked this! It sits somewhere in a happy middle ground between soapy teen fantasy, like the original TV show, and more serious action like Chilling Adventures, leaning more towards the former. Tonally, it's very similar to early Buffy, which I think is a good fit for a modern take on Sabrina. Introducing a second boy interested in Sabrina besides Harvey raises the soap factor just a bit. Normally, I am not thrilled with love triangles, but I like the way Sabrina is handling it (she like ...more
Chrissie Webb
Jun 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: archie-comics
Cute and a lot of fun, this updated version of Sabrina is perfect for anyone who grew up with the 90s sitcom or for those who just generally love the character.

Salem is a perfect sassy ball of cuteness and I hope he appears more in 'Something Wicked!' (Honestly my only complaint is that there wasnt enough Salem in the first couple of issues).

Unlike Archie where drama concerning romantic interests/rivals make up a good chunk of the plot, in StTW the burgeoning relationship(s) is clearly not Sabr
CJ
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS!!! Everything I want from Sabrina, with witchy goodness, snarky Salem, love triangles, and big bads. It felt like a combination of Chilling Adventures and the 90s tv version of Sabrina the Teenage Witch, and I couldn't ask for more. Will absolutely be looking for my own copy and any subsequent volumes! ...more
Amanda
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, gettin-graphic
I kinda, sorta, totally love everything that Kelly Thompson does! This was, you guessed it, fun. I mean, what else can you say about Veronica Fish art and Kelly Thompson writing? True to the spirit of the character but also a new, fresh take that was enjoyable to read. Highly recommend.
Mana
Mar 09, 2020 rated it liked it
cute fun love the art
Ellen
May 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels

This was a fun return to Sabrina the Teenage Witch. I wasn't really into the Chilling Adventures because it was too dark for me, but this had a nice balance of fun and darkness. Some of the dialogue was on point! "If you can't enjoy riding a giant sassy winged cat on a perfect fall night, well then what's the point of saving anything anyway, right?"

Content: some mild language
Terry Mcginnis
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Let's get this out of the way first: I am among the crowd of individuals who were extremely upset when Chilling Adventures of Sabrina never returned, never completed its story arc, and will probably never be resumed. Fans were left with a dangling cliffhanger and a subpar Netflix adaptation that seemed like something straight from the CW. Flash forward to this reboot. I went in with negative feelings and very low expectations. Well, after breezing through the first volume, I am happy to report t ...more
Stacey B.
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this!
Chloe
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, 2020
Kelly Thompson can do no wrong, and Veronica Fish has quickly landed on my list of favorite artists. This was the perfect mix of fun and kooky. I'll definitely be checking out more of their work!! ...more
♥ v
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite-comics
Loved the story and I’m obsessed with the art
Douglas Gibson
Jul 28, 2020 rated it liked it
This volume collects the first 5 issues that tell a complete story of Sabrina and her aunts confronting the strange happening in their new hometown of Greenvale. Along with trying to solve this mystery, Sabrina also tries to balance the affections of two hot boys at schools who both like her, while she likes both of them too!
Chris Lemmerman
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Can Kelly Thompson write a bad comic book? Her track record says that that's a big fat no, because Sabrina's latest series is another home run for her.

Distancing herself from the Riverdale crew, this is pure Sabrina - not as dark as Chilling Adventures, not as twee as her early adventures, but a lovely middle ground that combines the magic and mystery of the former with the romance and teen drama of the latter. Thompson's characters are fully formed from the get-go, and her Sabrina is independen
Alex Sarll
Sabrina used to be a bright and kooky sort of character, first in comics and then on TV – hence the intriguing incongruity of the darker-hued Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina, which in turn morphed from (excellent, MIA) comic to TV series with which I didn't quite click. So now we're at the point where a light, fun Sabrina series has itself become the revisionist take*. Not that this is quite as breezy as that gorgeous Kiki-esque cover suggests, but its take on the struggles of balancing high scho ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Betty & Veronica: Senior Year
  • Archie by Nick Spencer Vol. 2: Archie & Sabrina
  • Archie by Nick Spencer Vol. 1
  • Blossoms: 666
  • Jughead: The Hunger vs. Vampironica
  • Vampironica, Vol. 1
  • Jughead: The Hunger Vol. 3 (Judhead The Hunger)
  • Vampironica: New Blood
  • Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: Occult Edition
  • Shadow of the Batgirl
  • The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky (Montague Siblings, #1.5)
  • Sunny Rolls the Dice (Sunny, #3)
  • Zatanna & the House of Secrets
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Vol. 1: High School Is Hell
  • Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy: A Modern Graphic Retelling of Little Women
  • RWBY (2019-) #1
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Vol. 2: Once Bitten
  • Gotham High
KELLY THOMPSON has a degree in Sequential Art from The Savannah College of Art & Design. Her love of comics and superheroes have compelled her since she first discovered them as a teenager. Currently living in Portland, Oregon with her boyfriend and the two brilliant cats that run their lives, you can find Kelly all over the Internet where she is generally well liked, except where she's detested.

K

Sabrina the Teenage Witch (9 books)
  • Sabrina the Teenage Witch (2019-) #1