Start by marking “Sabrina the Teenage Witch” as Want to Read:
Sabrina the Teenage Witch

Sabrina the Teenage Witch

(Sabrina the Teenage Witch)

Kelly Thompson (Uncanny X-Men) and artist Veronica Fish (Spider-Woman, Archie) team-up to tell the story of Sabrina Spellman.

Sabrina is a teen witch who's struggling with balancing the double life of high school and her burgeoning powers. Newly relocated to Greendale with her aunts Hilda and Zelda (also witches), Sabrina is trying to make the best of being the new girl in
Published November 20th 2019 by ARCHIE COMICS CHILDREN'S

To ask other readers questions about Sabrina the Teenage Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sabrina the Teenage Witch

Cursed by Thomas WheelerThese Witches Don't Burn by Isabel SterlingBlackbird, Vol. 1 by Sam HumphriesThe Babysitters Coven by Kate    WilliamsHowl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
Witchy YA
104 books — 18 voters
A Discovery of Witches by Deborah HarknessGood Omens by Terry PratchettThe Night Circus by Erin MorgensternCirce by Madeline MillerThe Crucible by Arthur  Miller
ATY 2020 - Witches!
195 books — 65 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Sabrina the Teenage Witch
Kerri
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5
This reminded me of the Melissa Joan Hart version of Sabrina in many ways, (a good thing!) but it was also different enough that it felt fresh and original.
A month or two ago I read Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, then watched the show -- I loved both, and really enjoy the darker take on Sabrina, but I have to say I really appreciated the lightness of this, the bright artwork with lots of colour, especially pinks and purples. This Sabrina is funny and a little awkward -- I liked her a lot.
Artemis
I think I might be falling under the spell of Sabrina Spellman. Enough to maybe read some of her original Archie comics from the sixties, despite review warnings of how sexist and dated they are.

'Sabrina the Teenage Witch' in 2019, as penned by Kelly Thompson, she of the usually mixed quality bag, isn't about Satanism, or anything particularly dark or "adult", or particularly light and fluffy for that matter. I'll just say that if you like witches, and you feel nostalgic for Sabrina in any one
Lauren
Jan 10, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 I liked this graphic novel, made me laugh a few times and reminded me of the tv show from my childhood, Salem is as adorable and sassy as always! Beautiful art work. Overall it was enjoyable. ...more
Susan
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the Sabrina I know and love! The story was really good and the art and colouring were perfect. The lettering was sometimes a little hard to read but I think that's because I read a digital copy on a tablet. Super fun!
Amanda
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, gettin-graphic
I kinda, sorta, totally love everything that Kelly Thompson does! This was, you guessed it, fun. I mean, what else can you say about Veronica Fish art and Kelly Thompson writing? True to the spirit of the character but also a new, fresh take that was enjoyable to read. Highly recommend.
Terry Mcginnis
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Let's get this out of the way first: I am among the crowd of individuals who were extremely upset when Chilling Adventures of Sabrina never returned, never completed its story arc, and will probably never be resumed. Fans were left with a dangling cliffhanger and a subpar Netflix adaptation that seemed like something straight from the CW. Flash forward to this reboot. I went in with negative feelings and very low expectations. Well, after breezing through the first volume, I am happy to report ...more
Stacey B.
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this!
Sesana
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, comics
I really liked this! It sits somewhere in a happy middle ground between soapy teen fantasy, like the original TV show, and more serious action like Chilling Adventures, leaning more towards the former. Tonally, it's very similar to early Buffy, which I think is a good fit for a modern take on Sabrina. Introducing a second boy interested in Sabrina besides Harvey raises the soap factor just a bit. Normally, I am not thrilled with love triangles, but I like the way Sabrina is handling it (she ...more
♥ victoria [deathlypeonies]
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Loved the story and I’m obsessed with the art
Diamond
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
i haven’t read a graphic novel that good in a long long time!!

when’s the next one coming out?!

here’s a list of takeaways

love the artwork

how they modernized sabrina

the balance of dark and levity

(which is difficult to balance)

seeing the new sabrina tv show shows us when you go really dark with her, it works, yet it’s hard to bring that levity back).. so i think this book is probably one of the best instances where Sabrina is portrayed with a good balance of levity and darkness. even tho some
Simon
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A colorful, fun(ny), and adventure-filled take on Sabrina, like an amalgam of all the best iterations of the character. It manages to deliver a very YA spin while feeling nostalgic for the older sitcom as well as turning the formula into something compelling by introducing actual elements of danger and magic use that isn't restricted to hair-colouring spells. I'd call this superior to the okay but way too tryhard Chilling Adventures book.
Cecilia
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 I really loved this volume!
Amanda
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
I hope we see more of the aunts in future issues. And Salem is the BEST.
Eli
Jan 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020, graphic-novels
The parts with Sabrina were pretty good, but I still hate everything about Archie, which tied into the bonus side issue.
Stephanie
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun & Charming and a perfect October read!
read as single issues.

I am super stoked that there will be more of Sabrina the Teenage Witch from this creative team because they KILLED IT in this arc! (All of the characters were great, but I especially loved Salem!) Also, the life advice of "you know someone is mean if they have RAD in their name" (paraphrased ;) is going to stick with me forever.
Christy
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ahhhh fav writer + artist! Pick this one up if you love seeing Sabrina being her best without too much boy drama, a Scooby Doo story, and color that deserves to be hung on your wall.
Miri
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Liked it a lot! Has a very 2000s tv Sabrina vibe
Chris Joynson
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Picked this up on a whim and so glad I did. It's a lot of fun, nice artwork, good characters and a fun mix of witty banter, magic and monster. Definitely looking forward to more!
Nea
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A quick entertaining read! I loved this comics! The art, the history, Salem! looking forward to read more ...more
Logan Brown
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a really great mix of the 90s sitcom with a dash of darker tones. I’m excited for more!
David Boughton
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Between the comics, cartoon, netfilx show, and the classic sitcom, chances are you've been exposed to Sabrina at least once in your life. Now we get the latest reboot, courtesy of Kelly Thompson, and it is well worth a read for both old fans and new.

Sabrina Spellman is new to the town of Greendale. on her first day at her new school she makes a new friend, a new enemy, crushes on two hot guys, and gets attacked by monsters in the woods.

Wait, what?

Something supernatural is going on at this
Emily
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
1) Ren’s cute... choose Harvey.
2) What a cliffhanger!
3) Frames her like a superhero, fighting bad guys. I guess she always has been, but there was physical kicking bad guy ass reminiscent of avengers going down here. Bad ass!
4) Love how feminist Sabrina is, and her confidence. She had both Harvey and Ren fighting over her, all she had to do was choose one, and instead she’s just like, “teenage drama? I’ve got bigger problems.” And left them standing there. The empowerment of her decision, like
Marta
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
(The following might be considered spoilers. It's vague but sorry anyway!)
A cat. A cat that speaks. Salem, Salem speaks. Salem is sarcastic and hilarious! I don't think I'm expressing how much I love him.
Besides that, there are beautiful illustrations with impressive colours, romance, different sexual orientations which are not the main characteristic of the person (important!), attractive siblings, mean girls and a good those of rivalries. Is there anything I don't like about this?!
I want,
Nathan Hipple
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thompson and co absolutely crush this reboot. I've been a fan of Veronica Fish's artwork since she worked on the Archie reboot with Mark Waid, but this is on another level. The coloring alone is breathtaking. Sabrina's a fun character who opens up a weird section of the Archie-verse and Thompson leans into that, perfectly capturing the core of the character while also updating it to modern sensibilities. It's not Chilling Adventures, but it's also not the 1960s. Kudos to the team. The only ...more
Kait
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Andrea
Perhaps an odd choice to read this and Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Vol. 1: The Crucible back to back, but it made for interesting comparison. Overall, I really liked the comparatively lighter tone of this one and got a good feel for Sabrina as a person. Sort of getting a strong Buffy vibe from the whole thing – in the best way.
Shannon
Individual issue reviews: #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5

Total review score: 3.2
Quinn
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a nice contrast to the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (both the show and the comic series), and I really enjoyed reading it! I've always been a fan of Archie Comics and this had the feeling of that time, as well as the live action TV show of my childhood. The art is lovely, the characters lovable, and I hope this continues!
Emma
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was so worried about how they would portray Sabrina before going into this but I must say that Thompson and Fish absolutely nailed it! A modernized version of the Sabrina that we all know and love, with a gritter edge and an intriguing love triangle. Absolutely stunning art and colouring by Fish, who remains one of my favourite comic book artists to date.
Stephanie Cooke
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love what the entire creative team did with this amazing Sabrina refresh. Thompson is so very clearly a longtime fan of Sabrina and pulls inspiration from so many of her past incarnations.

Truly a magical way to kick off my 2020 reading challenge.

• Vampironica, Vol. 1
  • Black Canary: Ignite
  • Cosmoknights (Cosmoknights, #1)
  • Magnificent Ms. Marvel, Vol. 1: Destined
  • Jughead: The Hunger, Vol. 1
  • Blossoms: 666
  • Jughead: The Hunger Vol. 3 (Judhead The Hunger)
  • Stranger Things: Six (Graphic Novel)
  • Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass
  • The Avant-Guards, Vol. 1
  • Man-Eaters, Vol. 3
  • Batman: Nightwalker
  • Blackbird, Vol. 1
KELLY THOMPSON has a degree in Sequential Art from The Savannah College of Art & Design. Her love of comics and superheroes have compelled her since she first discovered them as a teenager. Currently living in Portland, Oregon with her boyfriend and the two brilliant cats that run their lives, you can find Kelly all over the Internet where she is generally well liked, except where she's ...more

Sabrina the Teenage Witch (6 books)
  • Sabrina the Teenage Witch (2019-) #1