Start by marking “Bad Boy Blues” as Want to Read:

Bad Boy Blues

Cleopatra Paige hates one thing in this world – just one – and his name is Zachariah Prince.
In grade school, he pulled at her pigtails. In middle school, he spread false rumors about her. And in high school, he ruined her prom.
Published April 11th 2019

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Apr 11, 2019
    Enter to win USA Today Bestselling Author Saffron A. Kent's latest angsty forbidden enemies-to-lovers romance - Bad Boy Blues

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 2 copies available, 1202 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Apr 10 - Apr 22, 2019

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Bad Boy Blues, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Boy Blues

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
    LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |

GIMME GIMME GIMME!

Stand-alone.
    LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |
    Blurb:
    Cleopatra Paige hates one thing in this world -- just one -- and his name is Zachariah Prince.
    She hates that his smirks are unfairly sexy. And she definitely loathes that his dark eyes seem to follow her everywhere. Sometimes, even in her dreams.
    It doesn’t matter that he’s ri
    Christy
    Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: 2019-four-stars
    4 stars

photo C687F0ED-CAA3-4E65-BB0E-724D2D53778B_zpsbr6wyysd.png

Saffron A. Kent writes the kind of books that slowly pull you in. I’m always so impressed with her writing. I forget how good it is until I’m into one of her stories and can’t stop reading. Her writing is lyrical and will completely draw you in. Bad Boy Blues is an enemies to lovers story that focuses on bullying and is also a forbidden romance.

Cleo and Zach are enemies. Cleo is bullied by Zach and his friends all through school, but she never took it lying down. Cleo always stood up f
    Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
    description
    description Lord did I LOVE this book. I also love this author (just saying). Her books are fantastic, and this book was indeed a fantastic read. Well written. Well paced. Told in a dual POV format. The plot was engaging. Full of witty banter. Sweet moments. Sad moments. Romantic moments. Moments that will make you want to punch people. Moments that will make you cry. A great cast of secondary characters (especially little Art). Two fantastic main characters. A virgin heroine (meh). A smidge of OW drama. C
    KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW AND OTHERS: can also be found on my blog:
    ➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

Even though this one had a lot of mixed reviews I was excited once it landed on my kindle release day, life went on hold. This was well worth the money, a full length romance novel that threw out all the feels, this book was more than I expected, the characters had so many layers to them.

Lately I’ve been binge reading bad boy bullies and this was right up my alley. It all started back when they were so young.
    Dilek VT
    Apr 01, 2019 marked it as undecided  ·  review of another edition
    Is it me or does it remind you of Vicious by L.J. Shen, as well?
    Olga therebelreader
    This book had so much potential as I felt like there were so many elements and genres combined into the one story. However, I felt that the outcome was more of a typical new adult angsty bully romance. I love the bullying trope, but this one really kind of pushed me the wrong way. Honestly, it felt a bit all over the place to me.
    I wanted to give this four stars because I was thoroughly entertained. But I realized the plot didn't deserve me to rate it that high, so three it is. There was so much
    ✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Cleo is 19 years old. She's living and working at this huge estate in her hometown. She badly needs the money to buy her childhood home back from the bank. They grabbed it after her parents left her with too much debt when they died last year.

The only 'thing' she hates more than working as a maid for the Princes ... is the son of the family. Who is suddenly back in town after three years. She thought she was finally free of his bullying ways after he made her highschool years feel like hell.

But
    ~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
    Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: arc
    *3.5 stars*

One of my favorite romance tropes is enemies to lovers, so when I read the blurb for this book I knew I had to read it.

Zach and Cleo have known and hated each other since he was 12 and she was 10. He's bullied her since the beginning but we later find out why he acted the way he did. This book had a "Vicious" feeling to it and I loved that. Zach is a pretty complex character that's been through some major things resulting in his resistance to love. Cleo on the other hand is a romanti
    Isabella.R
    5 Royal Blue Stars ⭐

It’s simple.  I loved Bad Boy Blues.  The emotions I felt reading this book broke me in so many pieces that I had to pause at times just to regroup; and then it gently put me back together.

Cleopatra Paige with her Combat Boots, Blue Hair and matching Navy Lipstick, is no damsel in distress. Even years of bullying from her high school nemesis Zach Prince & his minions have not broken her spirit. The death of her parents a year earlier; just might.

Abandoning her dream
    The Book Bee
    REVIEW: DNF at 47%
    "The only thing you need to save me from is you."
    "Believe me, I'm trying."

Those words right there, that quote up above - this book was going to make me fall to my knees. I just knew it. It was the beginning of a story, a forbidden love, that was going to make me ache and feel the tortured side of said love. Unfortunately, I think all it really did was torture me. I went from pure adoration and giggles and loving it to questioning how I was going to finish it, all within the s
    ⭐ Emerson ⭐
    Feb 26, 2019 marked it as to-read
    Shelves: own-not-read
    Hmmm... Sounds Vicious. Lol
    Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
    This was my very first Saffron A. Kent novel and OMG, WTF, HOLY SHIT, I am literally DEAD. I LOOOOOOOOVE a bully romance, the complex premise of a dynamic of cruelty and pain morphing into one of forgiveness, healing and love. That's precisely what Kent crafted here with Bad Boy Blues, an enemies to lovers romance about childhood adversaries, Cleopatra Paige and Zachariah Prince, whose adolescent rivalry evolves into adulthood torment when the privileged prince of his household returns home to f ...more
    ImJaclyn
    *ARC provided in exchange for an honest review

Bad Boy Blues was sexy, sweet, and filled with angst! Kent writes torturously slow-burning love stories so wonderfully. The ending left me feeling sappy and happy. Cleo and Zach gave me a whirlwind of emotions and I ate up every word!

One thing I wasn’t a fan of was that all of Kant’s heroines are starting to feel the same. At least the ones I’ve read about. Layla from The Unrequited, Evie from Gods & Monsters, and Cleo from this story are all pre
    Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
    And so begins my hit or miss relationship with Ms. Kent...
    Carlene Inspired
    Find this review and others at Carlene Inspired.

Cleopatra Paige hates Zachariah Prince almost as much as she loves the color blue. Thinking she'd never see him again she accepts a role in the housekeeping staff for his family, but it seems even three long years can't make her forget the burning hatred she has when he comes strolling back in. His sharp jaw, his dark gaze, the muscles he flexes as he steps back into power, the hate overwhelms her thoughts every moment. He hates this town, this man
    Nikki ღ Navareus

This story wasn't awful, but it wasn't that great either. I couldn't relate to Cleo's immaturity. Although I enjoyed Zach's character way more than Cleo's, he wasn't nearly the bully I had anticipated him to be. The whole story had a bit too much of a cheesy YA vibe for my tastes. I have loved this author's other works, and The Unrequited was one of my all time faves. Maybe I built this story up way too much before diving in?
    Ari
    4 stage 5 clinger stars

Now this is the exact kind of book that keeps bringing me back to Saffron. I seriously enjoyed this.
    Full review to come.
    Robyn
    Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    4.25 Shooting Stars

This story had kind of a “Vicious,” by L.J. Shen, vibe to me—which is one of my best-loved books, and the love/ hate trope is most definitely a favorite!

Cleo, AKA Blue, had a tough young life of being bullied, having a unique style, and not coming from the same kind of financial means as the rest of the kids at her school. However she didn’t take her torment lying down, and often gave it right back, because that just who she was. I really liked her character!

“That’s the thi
    Jemima
    Apr 01, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
    Let's do this!
    Rukaiya M.
    Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Mark your calendars for APRIL 11, People!

Dear Readers,
    Written in Dual Perspective, Bad Boy Blues is a New-Adult Romantic story that leaves you breathless for a moment. It is my first time read by the author Saffron A. Kent and I can safely say that she's hell lot of addicting than I expected. Initially seeing the blurb, I was quite skeptical assuming the non-existent dealings with an asshole hero but nah, I was 50-50 here. The childhood enemies, Cleopetra Paige (Blue, a nickname by Zach) and Za

MJ
    Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    What Saffron Kent has created with Bad Boy Blues is as close to perfection as I've ever read. She has, without a doubt, upped her game with this angst-filled tale of Cleo and Zach. A love story that should have never been but is clearly written in the stars. Two people who are filled with hurt and loneliness and an uncertain future. Who manage to throw their hurtful past to the side as they maneuver the present even when it's filled with pain that is beyond daunting.

Blue and her Dark Prince. The
    Na
    Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    “In love, you bleed forever.”

I can’t say that Bad Boy Blues is a typical “bully story” as for the most part, the bullying – at least the one to the heroine – was mostly kept in the past. However this story walked a fine line showing that bullying is more than what you expect and where you expect it to happen. It tries to sensitize the reader to watch/read between the lines and to think out of the box.

”It’s funny how people forget that it’s called falling in love. There’s a reason for t
    Chloe reads
    Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    5 Blue stars

Oh my god. OH MY fucking GOD!

What is happening to me? I actually feel like crying writing this. This book has left me utterly and completely speechless. My emotions are all over the place. I am totally in love, love, love with Cleo and Zach 's story.

I honestly can't recommend this book enough.

Get your copy right this fucking minute!

Amazon US ➜ https://amzn.to/2Z3kHPs
    Amazon UK ➜ https://amzn.to/2U3swRz
    Amazon CA ➜ https://amzn.to/2FUcFzr
    Amazon AU ➜ https://amzn.to/2IhboFw

*ARC g
    Elanur
    Apr 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    This is sadly the first time me not liking a book by Saffron A. Kent.
    The writing was brilliant, as always ,but the story just didn’t convince me. I couldn’t connect to neither characters, especially Zach; there were times where he confused me immensely. He was so inconsistent.

The romance between the h and H was sweet but very cringe-worthy at some parts.
    Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
    Saffron had just painted the Booklandia sky purple with her soulful, heart wrenching, UNREQUITED and I was instantly in love with her writing. She majors in angst and twisted hearts, broken alpha stories .
    Over the years we've had some good books by her and this story continues in the same vein
    There's a Tabboo, forbidden kind of love butchered apart by class divide.
    An age old tussle between haves and have nots. Cleopatra Paige and Zechariah Prince couldn't have been any farther, if they were on d
    Karen
    Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Bullies are vile and nasty. They choose the victim because they are easy pickings. But underneath the nasty veneer is usually someone who is striking out because they are suffering and wounded too.

And so Zach Prince is a bully. He reminded me of LJ Shen’s Vicious. Rich boy picking on the help. He’s bullied Cleopatra Paige since she was a little girl at school. Now she’s grown up and beguiling with her blue hair and blue eyes.

The sparks between Zach and Cleo sizzled. I loved how his shield was br
    Vanessa (nessreads)
    *I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book*

5 “Everything is BLUE” Stars!!!

Every time I finish reading a book by Saffron, I am overwhelmed with endless feeling. No matter what, I know I’m going to be emotionally punched and I know for a fact I’ll have to hold on for the up and down ride I know I’ll be taken on. And Bad Boy Blues is no different.

Cleopatra (Cleo) “Blue” Paige is tough as nails. She is everything fierce and sassy. Since a young age she’s had to develop a thick skin to dea
    Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
    Wow words can’t even begin to describe how much I adored this book but heck, I’m gonna give it a try.

ARC received in exchange for an honest review
    As soon as I read the info about this book it captured my attention, give me a enemies to lovers book and I’m putty in your hands, seriously that’s my main weakness in books, my absolute favourite.

and this book, this book was outstanding. Zach and Cleo’s story was a thing of beauty.

Zach is an asshole, a major asshole who happens to be a prince, one w
    Flo Grugel
    I feel like a lot of emphasis was put on Zach being the 'bully' of this story but I didnt really sense the level of 'bullying' went with the amount of hate that Cleo had for him.
    I waited for it all to 'click' for me but it was missing something with the chemistry and I couldn't connect.
    If you like this author then I would absolutely recommend one clicking this book as I feel a sense of 'it's not you,its me' and there is a lot of steam to keep you going too!
    Sissy's Romance Book Review
    Bad Boy Blues by Saffron A. Kent is the story of Cleopatra 'Cleo' Paige and Zachariah 'Zach' Prince.
    Cleo was teased and picked on by Zach and his friends when she was growing up. Which made her never like him but there was always something there that drew her to him and her thoughts. But he left and she now having to work as a maid at his family mansion to earn money to save her home. Now in the present day he is back and his eyes are on Cleo. But they are on different class levels and can eithe
    • Clash (Left Turn, #1)
    • Mistake's Melody (Unquiet Mind #4)
    • The Legend (Rivers Wilde, #2)
    • Greed
    • Falls Boys (Hellbent, #1)
    • SINNER SINNER
    • The Lying Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #5)
    • Love and Chaos (Chaos, #3)
    • Off the Air (Running on Air, #1)
    • Hollywood Prince
    • Borrowed
    • Kiss and Break Up
    • Trouble at Brayshaw High (Brayshaw, #2)
    • Enchanted (Bewitched, #3)
    • The Body Painter
    • Golden Girl
    • Cruel Legacy (Cruel, #3)
    • Surrender
    Writer of bad romances. Aspiring Lana Del Rey of the Book World.

Saffron A. Kent is a Top 100 Amazon Bestselling author of Contemporary and New Adult romance. More often than not, her love stories are edgy, forbidden and passionate. Her work has been featured in Buzzfeed, Huffington Post, New York Daily News and USA Today’s Happy Ever After.

She has an MFA in creative writing and she lives in New Y
    “You know this is breaking and entering, don’t you? I remember locking my door. So either let me dress your wounds or I’m calling the cops on you.”
    “Did you hear yourself?” I ask, exasperatedly. “Are you saying if I don’t let you take care of me, you’ll have me arrested?”
    0 likes