Start by marking “Riley Mack and the Other Known Troublemakers” as Want to Read:
Riley Mack and the Other Known Troublemakers

Riley Mack and the Other Known Troublemakers

When former improvisational comedian and screenwriter turned award-winning mystery author Chris Grabenstein writes a kid's book, he delivers page-turning plot twists, pitch-perfect dialogue, and one-liners that pepper the text like exploding firecrackers. Riley Mack and the Other Known Troublemakers, the first book in a hilarious new action-adventure series, is a classic c ...more
Audible Audio, 4 pages
Published April 4th 2019 by Audible Studios (first published April 10th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Riley Mack and the Other Known Troublemakers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Riley Mack and the Other Known Troublemakers

Start your review of Riley Mack and the Other Known Troublemakers
Montzalee Wittmann
Riley Mack and the Other Known Troublemakers by Chris Grabenstein and narrated by a whole cast of performers is very entertaining and enjoyable for a kids book. Riley is hated by the sheriff and his mom's boss, each one a crook. There are lots of crooks in this town and Riley and his gang always find a way to serve up justice with clever and ingenious plans, and usually with the help of one adult too. They don't do anything to illegal ( sort of) and it is only fiction.
Great narration too!

Wulfwyn
The version I am actually reviewing is the Audible Originals one. It is not listed in the editions available. I chose the version I hope matches.

I chose this title as part of the Audible Original program. I debated getting it as I’m not a child. Okay, some who know me might argue that so, I’m way above the age of being considered a child. I was kept entertained the entire time. I can’t wait to share this with my grandchildren. I know they are going to love it! The actors did a great job bringin
Sheila Beaumont
These troublemakers make trouble for bullies, thieves, and other bad guys. Best of all, they shut down a puppy mill.

This is a case where the audiobook is even better than the original book. The book is funny; the audiobook, with its excellent full cast and vivid sound effects, is hilarious. Riley and his troublemakers are likable characters, and the bad guys are over-the-top villainous and not too bright. And there are dogs, lots of dogs.

Recommended for all ages, and for anyone who enjoys laughi
Tiffany PSquared
My daughter and I enjoyed this fun audiobook while we were traveling to the beach. It was adventurous and busy enough to hold her attention and smart enough to engage mine.
For me, the mark of a great middle-grade book is this: "Mommy, when can we listen to the rest of Riley Mack?!" Bingo. You win.
Iqra Khan
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I listened to the audiobook as an Audible Original. I really enjoyed it for what it is. It was well acted and presented. I liked seeing the story building up and different parts of the story come together at the end. The cast of characters is very standard for a children's book, the main character, the silly sidekick, the girl, the nerd and so on. I would get this book for my little cousins any day.
Stephanie Amengual
Uhmmm I loved this? The audiobook in particular was just super cute, had a full cast, and was just plain fun. I'll be recommending this to all my friends with kids, especially if they are going on long drives and need some entertainment for it.
Edy Gies
This was a fun book. The kids are smart and love their parents. They fight a dirty cop, but with the support of a father who is in the military. I can't think of many books where the dad is active duty and the mom and son are happy together at home. My favorite character was Jamal with his extensive vocabulary.
Dave Packard
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible
Love the author, but this is a very YA novel - think Encyclopedia Brown plus the Hardy Boys, maybe, but with Chris’ humor. Glad I read it, but I probably won’t go on with the series.
Sue
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun romp with a group of super kids who get things done.
Angela Verry
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing. So many story lines I was so engaged.
Becky
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Delightful fun. Loved the audio production!
Stephanie Cover2CoverBlog
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio, middle-grade
Riley Mack is the first book by Chris Grabenstein that I have pick up outside of the Mr. Lemoncello's Library Series. This audible original is read by a full cast and has background noise as well. Each character is read by a different voice actor/ess.

The book is the first in a series, and it follows a boy named Riley Mack. He and his gang of friends help their friends and family solve mysteries and crimes in their small town. The story was fun and all of the different plot elements kept me guess
Aanchal (Book Flame)
I haven't read a middle grade book in years and I probably wouldn't have until I was asked to review Riley Mack and the Other Known Troublemakers . The title alone got my attention and I'm sure will be even more appealing to the age group it's meant for. I also like the cover, actually that goes for most middle grade books they have no problems keeping book covers original.

Now on to the actual book, I found myself laughing within the first few pages. Tons of smart come backs, funny phrases and i
E.F.B.
Okay, that was really funny and fun. I hadn't the least clue what to expect when I got this from Audible's monthly freebie options, but it was very enjoyable. Basically, this book is a series of mini stories where Riley Mack and his friends (a.k.a. The Other Known Troublemakers) solve mysteries that each build on the one before it. We start with a case involving basic bullying and end with bank embezzlement.

I liked Riley as the lead character. His history is that he used to be a trouble making
Homza
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Book title: Riley Mack and the Other Known Troublemakers. Book author: Chris Grabenstein.
The main character is Riley Mack . He is important to the story he is clever, really funny, and very brave.
Mongo and Brianna help Riley Mack with different situations. The main conflict for Riley Mack is his mother has been accused for stealing thousands of dollars, but actually her boss stole the money and blamed it on her. So know Riley Mack has to prove his mother is innocent. The theme of the story is be
Chris
Oct 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
From mystery critic Lesa Holstine

"Chris Grabenstein's Riley Mack and the Other Known Troublemakers is a fun romp. It's funny and filled with great characters. The villains are truly nasty and a little stupid. The group of heroes are appealing characters. Chris Grabenstein has been one of favorite authors since I read his first John Ceepak mystery. He continues to win my loyalty with every book. Now, he's added one of my favorite sub-genres to his repertoire, the comic crime caper. Share this boo
Eileen
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay yes, this is a middle school book and some of the things that happen are somewhat silly and unbelievable. But it was an enjoyable adventure and I very much enjoyed the audio production. The Opera scene was both ridiculous and hilarious and the ending was very satisfying. I think a lot of late elementary/early middle schoolers would enjoy this book. I may have to read some more books from this author.
Todd Dosenberry
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very fun listen! I was engaged throughout the entire book and would listen to a follow up in a heartbeat.
Sean McBride
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this story for free as part of my Audible subscription (I know, I hate amazon, but then again I'm on goodreads as well right?), and I was hesitant about it. I didn't know anything about Chris Grabenstein (and honestly I probably would have thought less of it had I known he'd partnered with James Patterson, but that's a blog for another time) and I thought this was going to be just a cheap, low produced audio book.
I was blown away. First of all, the production value was spectacular. I was u
Scott Wozniak
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You have to read this as a children's book, one where the adults are kind of inept and the clever kids save the day. With that frame, this is a delightful book. It's got bank robbers being stopped, animals being rescued, and bullies getting tricked. It's everything a child would find exciting and fun. And I "read" this as a full audio drama, with sound effects, multiple actors and even music. I'll share this with my kids for sure.
Mary Ann
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
Riley Mack and the Other Known Troublemakers I had obtained this book from Audible Originals and I know and like the author. I have read a few of his books and thought this would be just as fun as other books. Riley Mack and his friends work to help other children being bullied by the sheriff's son. His father is away on military business and he is only able to talk with his father when he is not working. Because of this, he has had some issues when it first happened. His mother works at the loc ...more
Carrie Daws
Fun story written for 8-12-year-olds that will capture their imagination and fill them will giggles. I think boys, in particular, will enjoy the silliness that Riley Mack and his cohorts get into as they seek to defend the underdogs.
Maureen
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a free audible original and is probably geared best toward early middle school kiddos or even younger. But I loved it! It's performed with a whole cast, and the sound effects, etc. had me laughing out loud. If you have kids in that age range, I highly recommend you listen to this on your next road trip!! Super cute and well performed!!💕
Emily Hale
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
Fun! A delightful caper full of great characters
Hadi
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
Very entertaining
Teresa Bertolio
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic mystery book for youth. Lots of wonderful chacters and a great storyline! Happy reading!
Justin Huey
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The kids gave it 4 stars, scooby doo in audio version
April McGlothin-Eller
Listened to the audio version of this book with my 6- and 9-year-olds. We all enjoyed it, and the still quote parts.
Charlotte
The kids loved it!
Mayra
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found the book very engaging! Each character is very unique and vivid. Things aren't too easily resolved (which I love) and I found the plot to be believable.

The audible recording was magnificent and kept me awake and happy while driving during rush hour in Los Angeles (not an easy feat).
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Jukebox Joyride
  • Wishes and Wellingtons
  • The Mystery of Alice
  • Rivals! Frenemies Who Changed the World (Rivals!, #1)
  • Viva Durant and The Secret of the Silver Buttons
  • Dragon Planet (The Zero Chronicles #2)
  • Foreverywhere
  • More Bedtime Stories for Cynics (Bedtime Stories for Cynics, #2)
  • Black Crow, White Snow
  • Sovereign
  • House of Teeth
  • The Mystwick School of Musicraft
  • Wally Roux, Quantum Mechanic
  • The Flying Flamingo Sisters
  • Ghostsitter - A Crazy Inheritance
  • Zero G (The Zero Chronicles, #1)
CHRIS GRABENSTEIN is a #1 New York Times bestselling. His books include the LEMONCELLO LIBRARY series, the WONDERLAND series, and many fun and funny page-turners co-authored with James Patterson. You can visit Chris at ChrisGrabenstein.com.