Start by marking “Lying Hearts (The Dark Duet Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Lying Hearts (The Dark Duet Book 2)

Lying Hearts (The Dark Duet Book 2)

I took over the role of President with pride in my heart.
I ran the club the way I thought our old president, Savage would have wanted.
I wanted this club to thrive, which it has.
Something was off though. My heart was missing something I didn't even know it needed.
Ariel showed up lost and broken in her own ways.
Victim of abuse for most of her life, she still held a spar
Published April 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Lying Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lying Hearts

Teresa Lara
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Quinn and Ariel.Dark broken amazing addicting amazing beautiful love story❤love The Savage mc who's next
LaGina
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eric keeps coming up with broken characters you just want to just give a big ole hug to. I like how I can read one of Erin's stories and can jump right into another one and not feel lost. I like that it flows like one continuous movie.
Michaela York
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is Q and Ariel's story and man it was the perfect thing to come after Dark Savage. Erin broke my heart in some places with Dark Savage but Lying Hearts slowing put it back together with how love really conquers over all. Dark, gritty, pulls on the heart strings alil this is defiantly a book to re read in the future.
Kathy Rouchelle
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brutal, exceptionally raw, painful, healing and a story that will stay with you for quite some time. This story revolves around Q (Quinn), who is now the new President of the Dark Savage MC after having to kill his best friend and former president, as per the rules of the club. It is a pain that has weighed on him since he pulled the trigger and one that he believes will stay with him forever. It also revolves around two young women who literally walk right into his arms during a face off with a ...more
Judy
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a follow up to Dark Savage. My feelings were all over the board on that book and then the author comes up with this one that is another heartbreaker and plenty heartwarming. Ariel and Ava’s story just scares everything out of me. How could a person handle being on either side of this? The girls have such a horrible life. Then their mother and dad. How could you deal with not knowing what happened to your children. That in itself was a story but then you add in Q. Quinn sure has not had a ch ...more
Barbara
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy Rollercoaster!!! This book will pull your emotions every which way and then some! Kudos Ms. Trejo for a well written book/duet that will stick with me for a very long time. You have written a storyline that not only grasps an MC readers interest but it makes the reader feel everything the characters deal with as if they were right there with them.

Quinn, known to the club as Q, is the prez of the Dark Savage MC. He took over after having to kill the former Prez, his best friend, Savage. Even
E Loprete
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntairly reviewed an advanced copy of this book. Amazing!!! This story will pull at your heart, Erin Trejo at her best! Lying Hearts book 2 begins where Dark Savage left off. Quinn is President of the Dark Savage MC, but his heart is heavy regarding his part in the death of Savage as he feels he may not be up to the job. Now he has a club to run as well as recovering all that was taken from them. Ariel and her sister are on the run from a cult and happened to be taken by Quinn. Ariel tells ...more
Teri
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
He wasn't a good guy. Hell if he thought there was something worth redeeming in him it died when he had to take out his best friend. It was the rules. No matter if what he did was what was best for the club or not, it was the rules. She hated them all. This couldn't be right. She had to protect her sister and that was getting harder each day. Now that's all changed. But are this violent men any better than what they left? This author is a beast. She makes the abnormal seem alright and the unacce ...more
Doris
Shelves: biker, arc
Dark And Oh, So Good!!

This is another winner by Erin Trejo. This is book two In the Dark Duet series and it just keeps getting better. Quinn has taken over as Prez after having to do the unthinkable and is trying to deal with the aftermath that shook him to his core.

Ariel and her twin sister, Ava, have lived the life in a cult that kidnapped them only to inflict pain and torture on them since they were three years old. They finally make a break for it and run right into the biker world which is
Courtnay Gray
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap!! My jaw is on the floor!! I am in complete awe right now!!

Ariel and her twin sister Ava have lived on a compound all their lives or so they thought. They know something isn’t right since they don’t look like anyone else. They have been put through hell and then some so when they finally have a chance to be out their whole life changes.

Q has been the Prez of Dark Savage MC for a few years now. When he has a run in with a local dealer and two girls he makes a quick decision that could
Melissa KC
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is fast paced. You are in the middle of the action from the very first paragraph. While I usually love Trejo's book as they are verbose and complete, this novel is lacking back stories and support character interaction. If you are like me and you love checking in with previous series characters, you well be disappointed. However this is the second book of the series and we know how the first one ended. Insert mad face here, Trejo! :)

While the subject matter of Ariel's story is touchy,
Cris
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First off, Erin Trejo is one of my favorite authors. She honestly never fails to give her readers anything less than an amazing read. That doesn't mean that in that amazing read she won't rip your heart out...kind of like in Dark Savage, the first book in The Dark Duet Series. I went into this book knowing that Erin Trejo would give her readers a roller coaster ride of emotions and hoping that ride ended with a happy ending...I wasn't disappointed. Q and Ariel are perfect together. On the outsid ...more
Jen
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you have read Dark Savage you need this one as it is book two in this duet. If you have not, what are you waiting for? If you have not read this author's work, you need to start but fair warning, you will be hooked. So now that Quinn has taken on the President role and some thoughts and reflection has occurred things are settling in? I use that term loosely as things are never settled with these boys. This book will give you some answers to book one (Dark Savage) but also takes you through th ...more
Crystal
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved Savage but Q holds a special place

Even though I didn't have an ugly girl cry at the ending I did feel slightly disappointed. I mean I wanted the HEA but I secretly kept expecting an unexpected ending.

In book 2 of Trejo's Dark Duet, Quinn was Savage's best friend and is now the Prez of the MC. He meets Ariel and her sister Ava who were brought up in a religious compound where the girls were abused.

Trejo loves a good dark tale. Especially one where our main characters are broken and raw, o
Ann L
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
The first book had me reaching for the tissues, this one did too but for a totally different reason. Quinn (Q) is still hurting from what he had to do but he gets on with life, after all he's the Prez of Dark Savage MC.

Ariel and Ava were taken when they were 3 years old by a cult, they sneak away to a party when they are caught up in an altercation that see them taken again, straight into the arms of Quinn and Stoney. The girls tell their story and it's clear that Ariel was treated worse than Av
Spunky N Sassy
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Tracy's ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, what a perfect book to follow Dark Savage. I loved and hated "Q" Quinn and Ariel's story. The pain and trauma that she went through was just beyond words but Erin Trejo treated her story with kindness and love. Quinn's story was just as hard but in a different way. He had to allow his heart to open to Ariel and that was something he protected as much as he protected his brotherhood. In this book I was shown that being broken
Mandy Saial
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quinn has now taken over as president of the Dark Savage MC . He now fights demons and doubt daily after having to off his best friend .
Ariel and her sister have lived a life of mind -games and torture . Abuse that Ariel knows has left her beyond hope .
Can these two be each others saving grace ?
The story is intense , action packed, at times will break your heart and creep you out , but I wanted more .
I loved the angst between Quinn and Ariel. They are both broken souls, not ready for commitmen
Phyllis Wolford
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a fitting end for the duet series. Ms. Trejo has continued to keep peoples attention thur all her books, and this set is no exception. It is darker then her usual reads but much more into issues that need to be addressed in today’s society.
When a friend has to live with knowledge that he had to kill him, to protect the brother hood it takes pieces of your soul.
Being s survivor of mental and physical abuse, also takes pieces of your soul that you do not think you will ever get back.
Togeth
Danielle Marlowe
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Erin Trejo did a great job on Lying Hearts, the story was well written and had a strong plot that was filled with emotions. It was dark and emotional. Quinn and Ariel were strong characters, both have been through a lot in their lives. From the moment they met, they were drawn to one another. I thought they were good for each other, they completed and healed each other in a way that was needed. Q was very protective.
The connection and attraction was strong between these two, they were great tog
JKAF
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This has a different unique twist in it that I thoroughly enjoyed! Gotta love these MC guys!!

Possible SPOILERS

Ariel & Ava have had a rough time growing up. They noticed at a young age that they were different from the rest of their family and the family was different from the rest of the town. Ariel & Ava have finally gotten away from their family at the age of 18 knowing that what they've been taught all their life is wrong!
Q President of Savage's MC has picked up a couple of strays an
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has everything I want in a book- action, drama fast-paced and love. Can two broken souls of really heal each other? After the end of the first book my heart really broke for Q, he had to take the life of his best friend. He has always felt unwanted but that changes the meeting Ariel. In turn, Ariel has always felt used. After escaping the cult her and her twin sister find their way to the Savages. Two damaged hearts, can they complete each other? This book is gripping and gritty which ...more
Debbie Caswell
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Second book in this series and like the first it will knock you socks off. We not only have the MC (which Erin excels at) but this time we throw in religious cults and abuse as a added extra leading to a enthralling ride where you don't want to put the book down

Quin has his hands full he has overthrown the president of his MC and he is now the new president well he actually had to kill his president who was also his best friend and maybe he will never get over pulling that trigger Now he has to
Tina
Shelves: erin-trejo
This intense and powerful book is the second installment of The Dark Duet.

Quinn struggles with internal heart break but pushes himself to lead the club the way Savage would have wanted.

Ariel is a survivor!!

“Why am I still letting people control me? Why can I not stand with my head held high and be who I am? I can. I can do that.”

“I will not be used anymore. I have been used my whole life.”

Erin will take you on a journey of heartbreaking but self-perseverance journey. Both Quinn and Ariel fi
Pat
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book captured my heart from the very beginning and refused to give it back until the very end! This author really knows how to weave a story that pulls the reader in and this is exactly what this book did with me! I felt like I was right there on the sidelines as the well written story weaved its web around me as I watched the well developed character's story unfold right before my eyes! I always look forward to reading more from this author!
Ri
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it

I was looking forward to this story after having read part 1. While I did enjoy it, I wasn't as intrigued by it as the first one. I think had the story been longer and fleshed out more I would have liked it. I just felt that there were areas that the author could have elaborated more.

I felt for the characters and appreciated Ava. Again, had this been longer, I think things would have felt more natural.
Rebecca  Kleckner
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
From Dark Savage to Lying Hearts - it's fits so perfect! Q has taken over and while he hears he's doing a good job he doesn't believe it. His heart is empty from what he had to do before. Going throught he motions and moving forward but lacking something. Ariel is lost, in a place she doesn't belong but doesn't really understand why, "running" away to enjoy life and coming up being taken, once again but for the better.
2 lives lost and unsure what to do with themselves, finding each other and fi
Jojo Reeves
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
After breaking my heart at the end of dark savage , this is a wholly lighter book ( as light as Erin gets) . After having to pull the trigger on his best friend and Prez , Q is slowly dying inside till he meets Ariel, when she and her twin run across the path of the MC, literally.
Ariel and Ava are twins brought up in a cult they may or may not of been born in to, their escape doesn’t exactly go to plan
Charlotte Isaac
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-books
Wow. Just wow. I always wondered how Q was coping after everything that happened in Dark Savage and what he had to do.

And I felt for him throughout this book. But he took on presidency very well. And loved how he had a sweet, but dark side.

I loved how it all comes about how he finds Ariel.

This book had everything I wanted. Another amazing book by Erin Trejo.
M L Dyson
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a beautiful love story between two of the most unlikely people. Quinn and Ariel come from two completely different worlds but when Quinn literally stumbles upon Ariel and Ava he isn’t sure what he feels. His life isn’t for the weak. Her life has been one of torture. Stolen as a child and abused by those who are supposed to be family, her scars run deep. But what she feels for Q is something new. Can they both put their pasts behind them and let love win? Great story!!
Sue
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Q (Quinn) took over as club president after having to kill his best friend the previous president. That was sad and a shocker for me in the previous book. Now Q is trying to do right by the club but there's a lot going on, stealing drugs from the DEA and other dark thinkgs goin on in the club. Ariel and her twin manage to escape the compound. They were treated pretty bad there and landed in Q's lap literally. HEA.
« previous 1 3 next »
I am a wife, mother, child chauffeur and author. I love being able to create different characters and spin a web that makes them come together in the end. My books do not stick to just one genre, they span many.

I write about things that are real life situations and fairy tales are not always smooth sailing. My MC books are hard and gritty and they have struggles just like you would in life.

I als