Start by marking “Love Lettering” as Want to Read:

Love Lettering

In this warm and witty romance from acclaimed author Kate Clayborn, one little word puts one woman’s business—and her heart—in jeopardy . . .

Meg Mackworth’s hand-lettering skill has made her famous as the Planner of Park Slope, designing beautiful custom journals for New York City’s elite. She has another skill too: reading signs that other people miss. Like the time she s
Expected publication: January 28th 2020 by Kensington Publishing Corp. (first published December 31st 2019)

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Dec 31, 2019
    ENTER FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN A COPY OF LOVE LETTERING BY KATE CLAYBORN!

In this warm and witty romance from acclaimed author Kate Clayborn, one little

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 100 copies available, 2765 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Sep 09 - Sep 29, 2019

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Love Lettering, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Lettering

Aisling Zena
    Apr 20, 2019 marked it as to-read
    I'm all for this concept and blurb!! But damn that 2020 publishing date is killing me!

description
    Hollis
    Not sure what is more upsetting. Realizing this wasn't the full ARC or that the excerpt ended with such a hook and now I have to wait until J a n u a r y.

Pls, NetGalley, can I has some more?
    Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

I need this book in my eyeballs like yesterday!! In Kate Clayborn's newsletter, she described this book as "NYC-set romance featuring an Instagram-famous hand-letterer with a secret habit for hiding codes in her work and the handsome mathematician who finds her out."

Ummmm, yeah....

Image result for gimme gif
    *The Angry Reader*
    Jul 25, 2019 marked it as to-read
    Full of regret for requesting and reading the blurb. It was fantastic and left me badly wanting to read the entire book.
    Nen & Jen
    I'm in love <3 Officially. After having read the first chapter of this book, thanks to receiving an excerpt from the publisher via Netgalley, this will be my most anticipated read for Jan 2020. My only complaint? JANUARY 2020! That's too far away....

The first chapter follows instagram star and calligraphy artist, Meg and her intriguing ability to predict the failure of her customers', Reid and Cecelia's, marriage. Reid (the dashing but broody groom) has since turned up at Meg's New York shop
    ʚϊɞ Shelley ʚϊɞ
    This is a review of the first chapter only.
    Netgalley and Kensington books offered only the first chapter of this story and I was intrigued right away. The thought of a secret message in a wedding program and a chance of a romance between the writer and the groom!? Yes please! I enjoyed this chapter very much and cannot wait to read the rest of the story. I asked for this excerpt because I love the idea of the plot and the cover is so beautiful. Bring on the rest!

Luanna
    Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Teaser review...

Its safe to say my interests are peaked. What I read of the book was wonderful. I loved the detail that went into the character introductions and it's so unfair that the entire teaser ended on a cliffhanger. Cannot wait for the release, hoping for an advanced copy.

This teaser was provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review, all opinions are my own.

Luanna
    Kay (aka) Miss Bates
    Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Bummer that this is only an opening chapter, but a Clayborn novel is always much anticipated. And, from the opening, Love Lettering will be no less ... at least by this reviewer! "Some more, please?"
    Em Wittmann
    Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    This tease has me so excited!
    Kelsey Robinson
    Aug 12, 2019 marked it as to-read
    Shelves: tbr
    Absolutely LOVED the sneak peak of this book and I can't wait until it comes out in January... what do I have to do to get my hands on it early?!? What a cliffhanger in the first chapter!!

I guess I should have read the description on NetGalley more closely... because all I want now is to read the entire book!! UGH.
    Sarah Rosario
    Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: netgalley
    Talk about an intriguing first chapter! It starts off with the main character fully in her element, immersed in her work and thoughts. The descriptive language of the materials she's working with, analyzing different hand lettering styles, and mentally recalling encounters with clients give us just a sneak peak of who she is as well as what she does. When an actual client that she had previously worked with enters the shop, her emotions seem a bit all over the place leaving the reader to questio ...more
    Bookgyrl
    Jul 22, 2019 marked it as to-read-2019
    I was fortunate to read the first chapter of this book and now I cannot wait for the real thing to arrive! I really enjoyed the other books of Kate Clayborn and I only got a glimpse of this one, but I was ready to read on!

Claire Mc Partlin
    Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    SAMPLE CHAPTER

I've only just recently read my first book by Kate Clayborn, but enjoyed it so much I couldn't wait to read this excerpt from her forthcoming book, especially as it sounded really unusual.

Meg makes her living by designing hand lettered custom journals etc. and after a piece in The Times has become quite famous and known as The Planner of Park Slope. But supposedly she can also read signs in relationships that other people miss and last year wove a secret sign into some wedding invi
    Joanna E.Lopez
    Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Have I said to much? A short review of Love lettering.

Meg owns a Calligraphy shop. She is working one Sunday when she is visited by a clients husband. Meg knows why the husband is visiting her at the shop. He is there to complain on behalf of his new wife about a "Mistake" Meg made on the Wedding Invitations. Instead of writing the month "May" in capital letters. Meg writes "Maybe" on the wedding invitations. Meg is nervous, not sure how to answer for the intended/unintended mistake. It is writ
    Sandra
    Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Love Lettering by Kate Clayborn is an unusual and charming love story set in the present time in New York city.

I got to read only the first chapter which has really piqued my interest.
    I find the style of writing unusual and different.

Meg has a great talent for hand lettering and has become quite successful and sought after, with the rich and demanding clientele. She reaches her success by doing hand made wedding invitation,
    One particular couple particularly interested her and she had done someth
    Kristine
    Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Oh this is gonna be so good!

Meg is a hand-lettering master who has been sought out so much for doing wedding sets that she'd have been booked for the next forever if she hadn't left the wedding paper business after designing Reid and Avery's invites. When she first met Reid, all she could see was sadness...she thinks. So she snuck something into the lettering on their invites. One year later, where this novel starts, Reid comes in to the shop wedding-ring-less and pulls out a crumpled invite and
    Julia
    Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the excerpt!

Disclaimer: This is a review of the 14-page excerpt, not the full book.

I loved the excerpt! It was the first chapter and provided a great look into Meg’s creative mind and personality as well as her job, which is one that I’m seriously loving. It was amusing comparing Meg’s interactions with her clients to what she internally thought and observed about them. I can only imagine the kind of expensive materials that goes into the custom jou
    Bobbie Kirkland
    Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I received a free copy of the first chapter of LOVE LETTERING by Kate Clayborn through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Meg Mackworth is an artist with letter; she’s famous for her hand-drawn custom journals. A year ago, Meg fell in love with Reid Sutherland; at the time, Reid was a client paying her to create his wedding programs. Meg has spent the year trying to forget him. When he shows up on his one-year anniversary, Meg believes he’s there to purchase his wife a gift for their pa ...more
    Janet
    Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I got a wee 14-page sampler of this book ... I WANT TO READ IT ALL!!!

From what I read:
    - I love the main character
    - I love the premise of working for these rich nutbars
    - It grabbed me from the get-go ... that secret word...
    - did you know that Meghan Markle used to do calligraphy for people to make extra money -- she did the invitations for Robin Thicke and Paula Patton! (Hmmmmm ... same initials as the main character in the book!)
    -I now have New Year's Eve plans as it comes out December 31st
    - Dec
    HappyBookWorm2020
    Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    What a unique idea for a book! I received Chapter 1 for review, and I am so hooked on this story. The heroine, Meg, is a calligrapher of extraordinary ability with a little extra talent on the side - she can 'tell' things about her c
    clients. Usually nothing happens when she adds a little extra into her work ... except that this time, one of her clients was able to detect the message in his wedding announcement and shows up demanding an explanation.

I'm looking forward so much to reading this sto
    Sa
    Aug 07, 2019 marked it as to-read
    The first chapter of Love Lettering has done exactly what every book should do: leave the reader wanting more. I am completely hooked. The writing is crisp and the premise is fresh. The first chapter flowed beautifully and I loved being inside Meg's mind. I cannot wait to see how the dynamic plays out between Meg and Reid. I love a romance where two people, who seem to have nothing in common, slowly figure each other out and fall in love (especially when the odds are stacked against them). The o ...more
    Cindee
    Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
    It's really hard to make a review on this, as they only give you one chapter to read. I don't think it's fair to give a five star review based on one chapter. I was a bit confused as I kept thinking I was reading the middle of the book. No characters were really built yet, and yet it was like I should know these people all ready. Yes, most definitely I want to read more, find out if the whole book is well written, but I can't give an honest review until I've read the whole book. I will change my ...more
    Edi McNinch
    Aug 25, 2019 rated it liked it
    Difficult to rate a book with only a chapter to peruse. As is, it's the thoughts the calligraphy has regarding this particular client and his new wife. She has left a hidden message in their wedding program and he has discovered and deciphered it! But what does this mean? Until there is more to read,not a clue!!!
    Awaiting the remainder of the book before I can make an informed decision.
    I received this excerpt as a complimentary copy for an unbiased review. The opinion opinion expressed is my iwn.
    Angie
    Aug 25, 2019 marked it as to-read
    More please! I received an ARC of the first chapter of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
    I didn’t give a 5 star review because I only read the first chapter, but I am definitely intrigued. I want to know how and why Reid’s relationship went off the rails? Will Meg find her missing inspiration? So many questions! I definitely am adding Love Lettering to my TBR!
    Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: netgalley, arc
    4⭐⭐⭐⭐
    About the book • 320 pages • Contemporary Romance • Release Date 1/28/20 • Only read first chapter • Clever • Interesting • Good writing • I want more.
    I’m glad I only got one chapter of this from Netgalley which saves everyone a lot of time if the book is not for me. All opinions are my own and I gave a honest review.
    Christine
    Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: arc
    I only have the blurb to review but it has everything I didn't know I wanted: Instagram=imprisoned hand letterer heroine and mathematician hero. I'm a secret hoarder of pens and notebooks - I saw mentions of my beloved Micron and Staedtler pens and I was gone. January 2020 can't come fast enough.

Thank you NetGalley for teasing me with this fantastic excerpt.
    Claire
    Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
    I was kindly sent the first chapter of this book from NetGalley. The writing is very descriptive of writing styles, which I found interesting as I like calligraphy! The main character has clearly been through a difficult time and the the chapter finishes on a cliff hanger so I will have to wait with anticipation to read on!
    thebookwormbookshelf
    Incomplete review,

This is a romantic story of a young artist who becomes insta-famous for her beautiful hand-letters. However, she has a secret she likes to hide codes in her work. One day a handsome man appeared into her workshop searching for answers. Does this man remembers what she has done to him in the past? How does he resolve the code? What does he wants?

The sad part is that I’m not describing the plot... I genuinely do not know!! And I’m dying to!! I was only given the first chapter of
    lola.and.puki
    Jul 24, 2019 marked it as to-read
    Great teaser for this upcoming release! Loved the witty and descriptive writing in bringing to life the lettering, stationery and characters. I can't wait to find out what happens between Meg and Reid, this book's release can't come quickly enough!
    Dorre
    Jul 18, 2019 added it
    Just received a taste of this book and I absolutely can not wait for more . The characters are alive and I can see the scene play out so well. This chapter was graciously provided by the publisher via netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
    Kate Clayborn lives in Virginia, where she's lucky enough to spend her days reading and talking about all kinds of great books. At home she's either writing, thinking about writing, or—during long walks around her fabulous neighborhood—making her handsome husband and sweet-faced dog listen to her talk about writing.