Start by marking “Geese Are Not Pets” as Want to Read:
Geese Are Not Pets

Geese Are Not Pets

Geese are not pets, or are they?

Laugh aloud with your child instantly while you find out.

It's not only incubators that can hatch geese. A story of responsibility and adventure.

Alternating pages of simpler text for children learning to read because learning to read can be joyful!

Get it now.
Published April 3rd 2019 by Amabel Books

To ask other readers questions about Geese Are Not Pets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Geese Are Not Pets

Start your review of Geese Are Not Pets
Emma Hendrix
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Adorable

It's silly and cute. Absolutely enjoyed it. The pictures are cute too. This quickly turned into a favorite book for bedtime
Heather Sullivan
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun to read to grandchild

the story is well thought out and we love the pictures. l love geese in diapers and the end is funny
Barbara Ann
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is told in the first person by a little boy who wants to raise goslings as pets. All the members of his family warned him that geese are not meant to be kept as pets. The boy requests an incubator so he could hatch goose eggs. No one listens. He visits a farmer and asks for some goose eggs. His plan is to hatch them by sitting on them. Everyone laughs but the boy is determined.

After thirty days, the eggs hatch, but his problems are just beginning. The goslings mess up the house and he
Liz Etnyre
Jul 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
I really liked that there was more advanced text on one side of the page spread and new reader text on the other. The story was cute, until the eggs hatched. I wish there had been a bit more realistic, yet still audience appropriate, representation of the trials and joys of owning poultry. (I have suburban ducks, so I know a bit about the subject.) - and diapers? Really? (Yes, I know some devout house-chicken owners do, but a flock of geese is not one or two chickens.) The ending was disappointi ...more
Pam
Jul 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Side by side pages so adults can read one page and young readers can read the simple text on the one beside it. Fonts are adjusted for beginning readers.
The young boy wants an incubator to hatch and raise geese. Everyone in his life uses the title line to tell him no. He figures out how to hatch them himself by serving as their nest and discovers how much work they are. In the end, he gets an incubator as a present and decides everyone else was right all along.
Tony Parsons
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can geese be pets?
I wanted an incubator so I could hatch the eggs & raise them.
Dad, mom & sister were not fond of the idea.
Grandma listens to me & likes the idea.
I visited the farmer & he said geese are not pets either.

It was summertime guess what happened next?

I did not receive any type of compensation for reading & reviewing this book. While I receive free books from publishers & authors, I am under no obligation to write a positive review, only an honest one.

A very awesome book cover, gr
Elizabeth Westra
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute book with wry humor

This is a book kids will love and so will their parents. It has a great story line with lots of humor. The main character wants goslings as pets, but the adults in her life tell her, "Geese aren't pets" . So she gets eggs from a farmer, and from there on she learns what life is like with geese.
Patrick
Jul 13, 2019 rated it liked it
There is not much to say in my mind about children's books it's defiantly not a complex read, but then again it wasn't for my benefit that I read this book. It did go over well but the complain was that it was too short and had to finish off the night with another story.

It's worth adding to you arsenal of short story for your little ones when you need to read bedtime stories.
Norma Enochs
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Why wouldn’t everyone want a pet goose?

I could see this being a great read aloud. From the repetitive answers to the one essential question of why geese are not a good pet, the author offers up great solutions to all the problems. Kids will also have suggestions themselves as they read along and discover a great ending to this story.
Toi Thomas
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute story about a kid working hard to get the pet he wants and then actually taking care of it. It’s really clever. I like how the narrator is the kid who wants the pet and we never see his face. This really makes the mission to get the pet and raise the pet the focus of the book.

I’d recommend this as a great fun story, a bedtime story, or even as a way to help teach about responsibility.
Sentinelle23
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
💛💛 HOW FUNNY !

A young boy would like to have pets.
All his friends have pets.

He wants an incubator to keep eggs warm and raising chicks...

A great adventure has just begun...

-----------------

A FUNNY adventure about a young boy who manages to take new responsability : taking care of quite odd pets...

A beautiful reading !

AGAIN : drawings and writing could have been BIGGER !
:-)))
Arzoo Fidai
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great for siblings to read together

The story outlines the authors own experiences. But the best I liked the book is the format in which it is given. So it caters to both young readers and the older ones.
Great concept to engage early readers and their older siblings together.
Kat
Jul 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
My Grandson liked it,

The story was interesting but simple to understand, the illustrations simple but effective. My only issue was with turning pages, but turning my device landscape made it a little better
Wendy
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
Child raises geese

I downloaded this picture book to my Kindle. I guess the illustrations do not come up as nice as I had hoped. I wanted the text and illustrations larger and more distinctive.
The story premise was cute but I guess I wanted more.
Cassandra
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Story strong but little bit fiddly

Enjoyable read but
Difficult landscape layout for smaller phones
Could flow for night time reading a little differently.....
Could have perhaps more detailed illustration
Child looks too old for potty references....?
ElizrdbthSpeaks
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
wow, you know how on the kindle they will flip .. well this one also becomes super small .. like a flip book i am guessing? cute but get our your magnifying glass, if u r an older kid like me ... very cool illustrations but, so small??!
Billie Flaming
Jul 10, 2019 rated it liked it
A simple story of a boy wanting geese for pets, and managing to hatch several goose eggs despite the advice of literally everyone. Simple story and art.
Janne  Jockheck Holt
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute story

This was a cute book. My 5 and 7 year old girls enjoyed the story, especially since we don't have a pet.
Sherri Cliburn
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My grands love it!

I sent this to my 8 &4 year old grandsons. We’ve had a hard time getting my oldest to read during the summer. I’m looking for more books like this.
Kourtney
This book was cute. It was about a little kid that wants to hatch goose eggs and does. I also like the illustrations.
Jesse Deleon
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love reading this book!

I have to ask that I'm going to recommend this book for fun and the artwork is excellent. A new fan!
Mark Restaino
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute and Funny

I love how the book is narrated by a child and looked to be drawn by a child too (in a good way). The story is cute and funny. I especially enjoyed the ending 😂
Mesorain
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Too funny

This book is a riot! My child loves the Vikings especially wearing socks! It is a must read for your child.
Ashley
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun to read with my 6 year old!

We loved reading this together. I read the left side and she read the right side. And we learned more about geese!
Marion
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great illustrations.
Were tiny pictures on my kindle. : (
Corky
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Adorable!

Cute story and I love the opposite pages where an adult reads the left side and beginning reader reads the right side!
SA Krishnan
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very sweet story about a boy who wants to hatch geese so that he can have them as pets. Lovely reading.
Renee Bradshaw
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Super cute, and my daughter loved how there was an easy side for her to read after I read the longer parts
Gwen
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A cute kids story

Someone thinks it would be fun to have pet geese and to hatch their own. Everyone says geese are not pets . Will geese be good pets? Read and see.
Ethan West
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-owned
I have three daughter's that I read to on a very regular basis and this was the first book I have read to them where every page got a laugh. Fantastic book overall and one that I even enjoyed.

• The Lost Narwhal
  • Firenze's Light: A Children's Book about Gratitude, Compassion and Self-Appreciation
  • Grumpy Owl
  • Can You Find My Shoe?: A Zoo Adventure for Ages 3-7
  • Little Narwhal's Day: A Secret Creatures Book
  • Cami Kangaroo Has Too Much Stuff (Cami Kangaroo and Wyatt Too Book 2)
  • ABC: Alphabet Animals at Bedtime: Preschool rhyming bedtime ABC book (Funny bedtime stories for kids ages 3-5, early learning the alphabet of English) (Cute children's ABC books 1)
  • 1, 2, 3, Who's Cleaning the Sea? A Counting Picture Book About Protecting Our Planet
  • Relay
  • Alone: A Story of Friendship in the Darkness of Space (A Children's Picture Book)
  • Berkley, A Nose Tale
  • Second-Chance Sam, King of the Junkyard
  • Harry the Happy Mouse
  • The Angry Dragon
  • Bones: Hilarious Early Reader
  • Not Just a Princess
  • Save the Ocean (Save the Earth, #1)
  • Samson: A children's picture book about sibling love