Start by marking “Duchess of My Heart (The Vault Collection, #1)” as Want to Read:
Duchess of My Heart (The Vault Collection, #1)

Duchess of My Heart

(The Vault Collection #1)

Jillian's marriage was a nightmare, the news of her husband's death an answered prayer. She refuses to bow to the ton and pretend to mourn. And her best friend, Case, will be by her side as she defies society's rules and has her first taste of freedom.

Justin, eighth Duke of Whittington, is determined to save his family name from the scandal his brother, Case, is creating,
Published May 20th 2019 by Maya Banks

To ask other readers questions about Duchess of My Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Duchess of My Heart

Debbie DiFiore
Perfect

I loved this book. I loved Justin the hero I loved Case his brother and Hawk the cousin. But the truly wonderful part of the book was the heroine Jillian. And she was a honest to God, absolutely awesome heroine and she saved herself. She was strong, and after all she had been through still triumphed. I don't want to give the plot away but someone is trying to kill her and she has three men doing all they can to save her. Justin was the perfect hero and I loved how much he loved her. She d
Somia
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Delighted Stars

I adored this read, and found myself trying to sneak in a read of it throughout what turned into a very busy day. Definitely going in my re-read pile!

Lady Jillian has found herself blessedly free from her vicious and repugnant husband, his death giving her a freedom she never hoped to have, and so she refuses to play to society’s dictate and pretend to mourn the monster she was wed to. Helping her in her quest to ensure her husband is squirming in his grave (metaphorically spe
Sandy Nikolas
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hmmmmm

I know this was brought out to help satisfy those of who have been anxiously awaiting something new from Maya. This story was ok. It did have the usual romance and suspense you come to expect from her. I hope we don’t have to wait too much longer for other stories from her.
Connie
Beautiful romance! I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't as graphic as some of her other books. I once read the BREATHLESS series by her and had to go back to church and renew my wedding vows, those books were so down and dirty!! lol!!! Nevertheless, I loved the chemistry between Justin and Jillian. When she needed him to understand what her sleazy husband made her suffer through, he didn't reject her but pulled her into his heart, right where she needed to be. Loved this!!!
Rose
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet

I love the author’s style of writing and the way she brings the story to life. Sweet book, and I enjoyed it.
Izzie d
May 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Good story.
Enemies to lovers theme.
Abusive background for heroine.
No intimate scenes with anyone other than the Hero and heroine.
Ex drama in sense heroine was married before, husband died, revealed in first chapter. There are references to his treatment of her.
Secondary characters drop breadcrumbs for possible future books in series.
HEA.
L Cherry
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet romance

This was a really enjoyable story. I have always loved anything Maya Banks and this is no exception. I do have to say this is not the typical hot, steamy romance Maya usually writes. It’s a really sweet historical romance with wonderful characters to fall in love with.
Tin
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. It had the right amount of harlequin + sweet romance + historical mix in it. I wish to find a love like Jilly's and Justin's. To be willing to give up everything for love was soooo romantic and yet I couldn't blame them because that assh*le husband, Penroth, should've really sunk with that ship! To think women in those days had no choice but to suffer in silence... What Jillian had to go through shouldn't ever be experienced by anyone and yet there are still those who s ...more
Gail A Ostrove
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story about love courage and sacrifice

Jillian and Justin fell in love with each other and we're going to be engaged when her husband who was to have perished came back to destroy her happiness. Love wonn out and Justin and Jillian married and are having their love child.
Risfor Rogue
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has touched my heart mostly because of Justin. What he was willing to sacrifice for Jillian was the grandest of all grand gestures. I am also very glad that Jillian was a strong and wise woman who knew and recognized that a love like what Justin offered is rare. I loved the pacing of the story and of course, Ms. Banks made me fall for Case and Hawk as well. I look forward to their own stories.
Julie Ashenden
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rivetting

Loced this story. It held me to the end. I would have liked to know the sex of the baby, and its name, Edward is a boy, or Bea if a girl. Hopefully all will be revealed in the nexy book
patricia messer
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She writes heartfelt stories no matter the genre

Her characters are very engaging and story lines are unique. I read every book she published and have enjoyed all.
Haze Prado
Apr 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fvcku, wth-wtf
🤥🙄😴😒😓😔😕😤😵🤦
Zuray
May 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
I didnt hate it but boy there were so many annoying things about the book. The language/tone of the characters was modern in places, the characterizations and motivations and execution itself were bland and felt shallow. This came across as being written by someone very new to writing and having a very immature writing style except the author is The Maya Banks..yikes!
Marla Dudak
May 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Sweet period romance. Jillian is trying to escape an evil husband and Justin is there to pick up the pieces. Drama and romance ensue.
Tara Esford
May 28, 2019 rated it liked it
3.25⭐ ...more
Arlette Watson
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW just WOW

This is truly a masterpiece by Maya Banks. An wonderful emotional roller coaster. Where’s the next one? I can’t wait!
Lyndac
Sweet, predictable. Tim Campbell made it even better with his narration.
ShoSho
May 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Dottie Withers
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heartfelt!

This was a great summer hit by Maya. Justin and Jilly don't start out on too friendly terms but circumstances soon change that for them.
May 23, 2019
May 24, 2019
Teresa L. Waller
May 29, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.

The Vault Collection (4 books)
  • Her Majesty, My Love (The Vault Collection, #2)
  • Beyond the Night (The Vault Collection, #3)
  • Until Midnight (The Vault Collection, #4)