Start by marking “The Slave's Necklace (Touching Time, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Slave's Necklace (Touching Time, #3)

The Slave's Necklace

(Touching Time #3)

Kill the Empress, save the world.

That is what people from all sides are telling Jiayi. She not only has the power to kill the empress, but to set up a new future for China. Jiayi has spent her life as a palace slave. Freedom for China could mean a lifetime of servitude for her.

And Jiayi is tired of living for everyone else.

As Jiayi’s powers grow, she finds herself living
Published June 25th 2019 by Red Empress Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Slave's Necklace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Slave's Necklace

Start your review of The Slave's Necklace (Touching Time, #3)
Katheyer
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
„The Slave’s Necklace“ is the final book in the “Touching Time Trilogy” by Amanda Roberts, a fantasy/historical fiction blend set in the final years of the rule of the Empress Cixi on the decline of the Qing Dynasty.

After a lifetime expend as a slave at the Forbidden City, Jiayi has witnessed the worst of Empress Cixi rule first row. The whole court is aware of her own powers and she is being approached to help the rebellion by killing the Empress. She would have the power to do it, but does she
Carol
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Although he never really got over the pain of his friend Eli's death nor the heartbreak of having to leave his lover, Rebecca, Zhihao was beginning to move on and as he worked with Jiayi, he began to appreciate her intelligence and personality, so much so that he was beginning to fall deeply in love with her. So when Rebecca turned up at the university with her husband Henry, it was a real shock to him. It was also time for him to decide if he had ever gotten over Rebecca or if Jiayi was just a ...more
Ingrid Vermeulen-Quakernaat
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story is more described from Zhihao where the earlier 2 parts are described from Jiayi and her experiences. Zhihao may come across somewhat arrogantly in earlier parts, but in this part you also read his insecurities. Nicely described how he sees his childhood love again and what this does to him. That he mainly continues to see the good in her and has difficulty believing that she is capable of bad things.
A beautifully written story with a well-described, open, end.
Nice twist to take that
Suzanne Bryant
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read

I enjoyed reading this series of books.

My only complaint, if you are going to write a story that takes place in a certain time frame you should stick to the way people spoke back then.
I don't like to be reading a sentence from the 1800 for example and read " Hey, dude what's doin tomorrow wanta ride out after them thar bank robbers?
If your in the 1800 the form of speech should be from that era.
Since the author has involved you with the sites sounds smells dress ect. Why jar your ima
Iris Tseng
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'd give six stars if I could! A very creative story!

First, at some point in the book I was like "Zhihao, you idiot! You are the dumbest guy I know!" But I kept reading. I'm happy I read until the very end because this story is so creative that it explores all the possible scenarios. And we do get our HEA (actually, two HEAs).

This story is so good that I was dumbfounded (I pulled an all-nighter to finish this book). Congrats to the author! I wouldn't change anything!

I received a free copy of thi
Heather W
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you could choose to go back and live in the past or return to the future, what would you do? This is only one of the decisions Jiayi has to make in this fascinating conclusion to the Touching Time series.

There are many twists and turns in this riveting series. I would suggest that you just go ahead and get all of the books so that you don't have to stop reading.

Kudos to Amanda Roberts for this imaginative and well-researched look at the China of the past.

I received a free copy of this book v
5 Kindles
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This stunning final book in the trilogy of Zhiahao and Jiyayi was all you could hope for and I enjoyed the series in it entirety. The characters were very real, the plot was fresh and held my interest until the end. Her stories are well written and have just the right amount of colorful details to make the stories come alive.

Mererid Evanna
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a very satisfying conclusion to an excellent and enlightening trilogy. There are a number of surprises, both good and bad, and a stunning twist. The romance is handled well, with a restraint appropriate for the characters. The time travel aspect plays its part and has all along been unusual and interesting. I highly recommend this series.
Carol Khouri
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's a nail-biting, very creative adventure set in not-so-ancient China.
This story has lots of twists and turns, especially in the last half of the book!

And I loved that the author explored a different, happier ending towards the end! Jiayi deserved her HEA!

Sue
Aug 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Again, we get a good look into Chinese culture as we follow Jiayi and Zhihao on their next adventure. For those who enjoy reading historical fiction with lots of adventure and mystery, this series would be a good option for you. We end Jiayi and ZhiHao's story with this book. I have to say that this one was the most exciting out of the 4 books. There's just a lot going on (murder, jealousy, romance). We do get to see more romance in this book and more players form.
Rosario Barrera
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great installment in Jiayi’s story. Full of action, palace intrigue and romance, a very exciting story. Prince Kang and Princess Der Ling also make an appearance. All in all a great story.

Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book but I don't like cliffhangers. If I had to buy it I wouldn't just because of the cliffhanger unless I was able to buy the whole series at once.

Sandra Singleton
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ths author writes this plot and characters very well. A must read. I volunteered to read an advance copy for an honest review.
Jackie
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Delightful story taking place in China. Fantasy at its best, that has you lost in the story. Once you finish, you wish it hadn’t ended. Ready for the next.
paula miller
Alessandra Watts
Sep 14, 2020
margaret m hartman
Oct 04, 2020

• Mantis (Warrior Woman of the Samurai, #2)
  • Scorpion (Warrior Woman of the Samurai, #6)
  • The Cold Palace (The Forbidden City #4)
  • Chameleon (Warrior Woman of the Samurai, #3)
  • Firefly (Warrior Woman of the Samurai, #1)
  • The Topaz Brooch (The Celtic Brooch Book 10)
  • Disloyal: The True Story of the Former Personal Attorney to President Donald J. Trump
  • BLITZ: Trump Will Smash the Left and Win
  • Convicted (Consequences, #3)
  • Nourishing Broth: An Old-Fashioned Remedy for the Modern World
  • Medical Medium Thyroid Healing: The Truth behind Hashimoto's, Graves', Insomnia, Hypothyroidism, Thyroid Nodules  Epstein-Barr
  • The Gaston de Russe Collection: A Medieval Romance Bundle
  • Spider (Warrior Woman of the Samurai, #4)
  • The Best Is Yet To Be (de Wolfe Pack Book 15)
  • The (Alien) Nanny for Christmas (Stolen by an Alien)
  • StormWolfe: Sons of de Wolfe (de Wolfe Pack Book 13)
  • Devil's Dominion

Touching Time (3 books)
  • The Emperor's Seal (Touching Time #1)
  • The Empress's Dagger (Touching Time, #2)