Start by marking “The Empress's Dagger (Touching Time, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Empress's Dagger (Touching Time, #2)

The Empress's Dagger

(Touching Time #2)

As the Qing Empire continues to crumble, the Empress is more desperate than ever to find a way to secure her stranglehold on the country. Every day, she forces Jiayi to use her powers to see into the past to the time of Empress Wu to discover the secret to securing power.

But Jiayi already knows the answer.

Empress Wu’s dagger is more than it appears. Blessed with an ancie
Published May 28th 2019 by Red Empress Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Empress's Dagger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Empress's Dagger

Carol
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Empress continues to try to ensure that her line continues and is constantly at Jiayi to travel back in time to discover how history could influence the decisions that she makes. But there is a limit that Jiayi can endure before it saps her of her energy. And when she sees things that are not what the empress wants to hear, what does she do then? Reporting bad news can mean losing one's life, and in the Forbidden Palace, smiley faces cannot always be trusted.

Part 2 is amazing as was part 1.
Iris Tseng
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm so happy I found this book. It's well-crafted, well-planned and made my weekend much better.

It was hilarious to see Zhihao totally clumsy and jealous around the girl he likes. And it was great to see some kind of closure about Zhihao's past and all his guilt about Rebecca's brother.

My family is Chinese, and the author was accurate in the small details. I'm impressed. She carefully did her research.

One little thing I would change: the way the visions of Jiayi are told. I was very confused in
Mererid Evanna
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An excellent middle-of-series novel, a lively and engaging narrative with complex characters. Again the story is told from the perspectives of the psychic Jiayi and the scholar Zhihao, leaving the motivations of others an intriguing mystery. Now that the Mandate of Heaven has been restored, the Empress Cixi wants to consolidate her power, seeking inspiration in the life of Empress Wu. New characters include a possible imperial heir, whose affability may disguise a treacherous heart, and an exact ...more
Stella
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When one finds a true weaver of words, 'tis wondrous!
Amanda Roberts books are well written and very well thought out. She has researched the subject matter thoroughly.
The excellent plot and storyline with its unpredictable twists, the scenes and settings so clearly described, the characters so vivid and believable, keeps the reader immersed in the pages until there are no more.
The authentic historical details in this well crafted intriguing work of historical fiction shows the reader a delectabl
Kaye
ONE NAILBITING ADVENTURE!!!
OH MY! Talk about hard decisions. A multitude of stunning mishaps and unforseen events that propel all of your swirling emotions bursting to life flawlessly. Twists and turns abound with unexpected circumstances that thursts this bad boy to life beautifully. The characters are authentic, believable and so realistic with traits and on point personalities that bend and flow. The scenes are so vividly descriptive it paints an amazing backdrop that really brings forth the
Janet Graham
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Chinese Historical Cliffhanger
This is the second in the Touching Time Series. It ends in a cliffhanger much like the old serials. The story is well told and just a touch confusing – and I have read all of the books. The idea of time travel as a result of touching an object is very cool. However, this book has more graphic violence that the prequel or book 1. That is the only reason that I will not be reading any more of this series. It is not good enough to put up with the nightmares it causes.
Ingrid Vermeulen-Quakernaat
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
the 2nd part of a great series that takes you to China in the late 19th century. Where Yiaji can still travel in time but also discovers that she can change the past ....... Where revolutionaries try to take over the throne of the empress and where Yiaji is asked to make a choice. In this story also a lot of excitement and unexpected twists. You keep this book on the edge of your seat and give enough space to really want to read the last part. Well done!

I received a free copy of this book via Bo
Heather Wamboldt
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This second book in the Touching Time series is just as gripping as the first. The descriptions bring you back in time to see nineteenth-century China and the characters are amazingly developed. Zhihao is so sweet when he is jealous. Jiayi's visions are fascinating and more secrets are revealed as she travels through time.

Rosario Barrera
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The second installment of Jiayi ‘s Adventures continues. This is much more of a thriller, so I absolutely loved it! Secrets are also now becoming known both to Jiayi and to Zhiadon(I think I spelled it right). An enjoyable read.

May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book kept me interested and wanting more. I couldn't put it down. Can't wait to read the next one in the series. I didn't like that it was left with a cliffhanger tho

Sandra Singleton
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this plot and characters. A must read from this author. I volunteered to read an advance copy for an honest review.
Jackie
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous as always. This wonderful series continues. Once I start , I can’t stop reading, no matter what time it is.
Susanne Szczepkowski
Jul 04, 2019
Candid_Flaws
Jul 04, 2019

Touching Time (4 books)
  • The Child's Curse (Touching Time, #0)
  • The Emperor's Seal (Touching Time #1)
  • The Slave's Necklace (Touching Time, #3)