Start by marking “Chris (The Guzzi Legacy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Chris (The Guzzi Legacy, #3)

Chris

(The Guzzi Legacy #3)

A made man versus the cartel …

The job was simple—a contract from a powerful crime family to retrieve Valeria Lòpez. A woman believed to have been forcibly taken by one of the major cartels in Mexico. Easy enough, right?

Christopher Guzzi thought so, but the details made it difficult. He didn’t expect to trick his way into the path of the cartel leader only to develop feelin
Published (first published September 2nd 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Chris, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chris

Start your review of Chris (The Guzzi Legacy, #3)
Bev
After not particularly loving the Corrado/Alessio duet I was a bit hesitant to read this one, and although I liked it, it didn't dazzle me like I'd hoped it would.

Chris is definitely a BK hero - I love, love, love the way this author writes her characters but this wasn't enough to make me love this book like I wanted to. I just needed more I guess.

Bethany-Kris
Aug 12, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Now Live!

Amazon | https://geni.us/ChrisGuzzi3
Barnes & Noble | https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/chri...
iTunes | https://books.apple.com/us/book/id147...
Goodreads TBR | https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

Cover Revealed!

description

Blurb Revealed!

A made man versus the cartel …

Christopher Guzzi thought so, but the d
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
4 “Trust Me” Stars

There is something about the Guzzi brothers. Chris Guzzi and his loyalty to his twin, his brothers, his parents, la famiglia and the League are impressive. He’s a made man with a heart of gold but with a resolve of steel. When something is asked of him, he does so with conviction. So when there is a retrieval job asked of him, he does so gladly. What he never saw coming was that this job would forever change him.

Valeria López is a victim of her circumstance. She will do anythin
Ari Reavis
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, mafia-mob
I felt so many emotions while reading this book, cried 5x, and was sitting on the edge of my seat practically the whole book. I could not read fast enough. I could not stop the hope that built in me that everything would work out, even as my dread that everything was going to go up in flames was constant.
The romance, the relationship Chris and Valeria were able to build was amazing. Every moment they stole, everytime their eyes met each other's across a room, I both loved and feared it. Their pa
Manoela
4.25 Stars

What a great story, the ones I wanted to read on the next page to know what would happen next. A story that captivated me from beginning to end.

I loved the way the author dealt with the relationship between the protagonists, because although it was an instant love affair in a way, I think the author knew how to create the connection between the two and made their relationship believable for me. I loved seeing Val's relationship with little Maria and how her priority has always been th
Lisa
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Lackluster and just meh. Can’t get into this series as it’s way less mafia and intriguing than I hoped. Needs so much more of a story and character development.
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description
All the good things!

I’ve fallen in love with the Guzzi family and couldn’t wait to start brother Chris’ story! The love between the Guzzi sons and their parents, despite them being a fearless mob family, is apparent in every shared conversation and scene. The family growing and that means only more love and drama-fueled tension to be read…

Valeria was stuck once again in a he** not of her making. This time, however, she had someone else to protect. As Chris came into her world for cartel business
Jeune
I keep saying each time she publishes a new book Bethany has outdone herself again and this may be her best work to date and I know she will top this one soon. Chris is just wow he has all that Guzzi charm and also all the heat when he has a laser focus on the one his heart has found. Chris and Valeria gave me so much angst I was physically nervous for this couple, suspense, romance, lots of heat and with all Bethany's characters the promise and finale of love. A great story.
Tori - Novel Life
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chris and Val definitely took me by surprise. I love all the Guzzi boys but for some reason Chris was just under my radar until I actually read the book.

I absolutely LOVE HIM. I love his personality and what he stands for. I love Val and little Maria. This is packed with surprises and holy shit if you put this book down while reading something is wrong with you.

TOTAL PAGE TURNER. literally could not put this book down until it was done.
Tanaka K (The Romantic Angel Blog)
"She tasted of cherries, and vanilla. Sweetness, and sin."

My love for mafia romances is always endless. They truly became my first love. Maybe they remind me of when I used to watch The Godfather movies or my fascination over organized crime. Add in some romance, you get a mind blowing story. There is only one author I always trust with the genre, Bethany-Kris. Her portrayal of a hard hitting maffia is so sublime and addictive. She opens a word of crime and chaos that make you fall in love. I fe
confessions of a book addict
I am absolutley in love with Chris Guzzi. We were introduced to Chris in his twin brother Corrado's book and I have been waiting patiently for his story since that first chapter. I always love a Bethany-Kris Mafia Romance, but felt like she really hit it out of the park this time and did so while changing the setting from the cities and families that I am used to reading about to the cartels in Mexico. This book was fast paced and page turning. It was also HOT! Above all, it was a beautiful love ...more
Athena D.
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5 STARS

Bethany-Kris has got me hooked on all the Guzzi Men! Chris is no exception...I loved him! He may be a twin, but his personality is very different from Corrado.

"Chris was the one who, in the middle of chaos, would be as calm as the eye of a storm."

Chris and Valeria have this amazing chemistry that you can feel and jumps right off the pages; with their many discreet looks and all their stolen moments. You could tell how amazing he would be for Valeria, which is great especial
it.sgottabethebooks
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chris, Chris, Chris! Bethany-Kris has made me fall in love with another one of her book boys. Chris has a heart of gold and really reminds me of his dad Gian.

Valeria and Chris has great chemistry. I loved their characters and Maria was just the cherry on the sundae. She was so fricken cute. Chris has stolen a piece of my heart. Everything in this book unfolds perfectly. It wasn’t rushed and everything falls in to place and leaves BK’s readers feeling content and good.

I love Bethany-Kris’ writi
Rithy
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love great love stories with a great family man! Chris of course is not your typical family man but he turns into one of the best father figures ever! I'm loving his interactions with Maria ! So sweet and heartwarming. And his leading lady being a character we've met before?? Yes! So cool!
Shirley
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it
3.25 Stars

I have to say I much preferred this twin. Chris was much more like what I expect from a BK hero. Although I did enjoy this I felt it lacked a little jeopardy for me but maybe I am just being a picky bitch. I liked Valeria for Chris she was strong and didn’t give up and also little Maria was such a cutie. What I did like was the cameo from Corrado and Alessio I actually liked them both in this book. I also like Abril too you go girl!
Mia Bui
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s been a while since I’ve picked up a book and couldn’t set it back down. BK certainly whisks you away in this one, 5 RAVING STARS.

Val & Chris love story is everything you hope for when reading a romance novel... forbidden, risky rule breakers for love, chemistry like no other, and sexy to the brim.
The story line was enthralling and their love was so endearing with sweet little Maria in the mix.
A Klue
After sitting out the first two books of this spin-off series, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on book 3, Chris. If you need a quick, obvious reason why, just take a gander at that gorgeous, intriguing cover. My fellow mafia romance book loving friends, he was well worth the wait. This alpha but sweet side to him leading man was the perfect match up to beautiful, resilient Valeria, the damsel in distress heroine. Still tied unwillingly to a Cartel mob abusive husband, she’s lived day to day doin ...more
HeartBreaker
Shelves: favorites, 5-star
This book took me by surprise.Chris and Val are something else entirely.

If you read Vow then you got a hint as to what might happened to Haven's friend Valeria and to her daughter Maria.Wanting to know what happened exactly Marcellos hired The Leagaue to send someone to Mexico and see whether or not Val is there cause she want's to.
That is where Chris comes into picture. You've met him in Corrado's book and you already know that he is his twin brother,but these two couldn't be more different.Ch
A ✨
Jul 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My favourite so far. I can’t get enough of this series. I wasn’t sure whether anything would top Corrado’s and Alessio’s stories, but Chris did that. It was emotional, gripping and sweet. It was such a page turner, I had trouble putting it down.

When Chris was sent on a job to rescue Valeria from an abusive marriage to a cartel leader, he didn’t expect to fall the way he did. Chris quickly became Valeria’s hope at a better life and everything she wished for, for her and her daughter. Chris and V
Anne Baker
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Dangerous Game of Love

Nothing is how it should be in this amazing 3rd book of the Guzzi Legacy series! Oh how fast paced this storyline is with double crossings, and betrayal throughout! There is only one superb author that can give you this wonderful fast paced, gripping ride and that is Bethany-Kris! You simply have to read this series and hang on tight! One thing is for sure you will not be able to work out up from down with the power of the Lopez Cartel! Valeria is now the trophy wife of
Kari Hansen
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chris is trustworthy, loyal and has a strength that goes far beyond the physical. He will do anything for the family he loves including infiltrating the Mexican cartel to find out if Valeria is being held against her will and rescuing her if she is.

Valeria is being held captive in a marriage to Jorge, the leader of the Mexican cartel. He is a man without mercy, and she knows that escaping will only bring more danger to her daughter Maria, who she would do anything for.

Chris was willing to do wha
We Like them Dark Book Blog
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-x1f5a4
Oh my-I’ve never read a book with two people that had so much chemistry and passion for each other before. Chris and Valeria were truly a beautiful couple-my heart hurt right along with them, but it constantly held out hope that they could work through their forbidden romance. This author just possesses so much finesse when she writes-and this book just really hit me in the gut so many times. I felt so many emotions while reading this book, and I really enjoyed everything about it. Chris was so ...more
HeatherP
Sep 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
There are several things I enjoyed about this book. There are a few things loved, but this thing that I did not care for, well that's the insta-love aspect of their story. I just can't get behind that in a story. It robs me of my favorite part of reading romance.

The author is a good writer, and I've enjoyed her books before. The mafia/dark/suspense stories are always some of my favorite books. I think this would of been a win for me if the insta-love wasn't in it. I'd tell you what I loved and
Sara F.
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
One of my favorite mafia families gets thrust into the cartel’s business. I loved Chris - he’s a classic BK hero, cool, calm, collected and muderously devoted to his Valeria. She’s a victim in most of this, but a strong character intent on keeping her child safe - and Chris is there for both. Has it been done before? Yes, but I appreciated this author’s take on it. It’s violent, exciting and romantic. Loved seeing all my favorite Guzzi characters show up in cameo appearances too.
Michelle [Helen Geek]
August 2019 -- 4 Stars

This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest and impartial review.

This book had it all. A wonderful author, and great characters. A detailed, dangerous story. A made man, and a little girl. An awesome read. I. Love. Bethany-Kris! Thank you for sharing this book with me.
Simply Honest
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it

ARC KINDLY PROVIDED FOR AN HONEST REVIEW

Chris is the third installment in the Guzzi Legacy Series by author Bethany Kris.

I'm loving this series so far and I'm excited for the other brothers to get their story.

Chris, was a perfect alpha hero but oh so sweet to his girls. He did everything he could to keep them safe and happy and I just love how he took his time. This didn't feel rush. Yes, they fell hard for each other but the relationship took its time to grow into more.

They were both in a
Caroline
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bethany-kris
« Part of hope is having something to hope for. »

That moment when you’re reading a book and the whole world around you doesn’t exist anymore.
Only the characters and their story.
I felt so many emotions while reading this book.
Without spoiling anything I can tell you that after every stolen moment I couldn’t stop the hope that everything would work out.
But noooooooo.
Hell, I was sitting on the edge of my seat practically the whole damn book !

« You taught us not to be afraid of love, Papa. You and
Janee
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I did love this book. I thought it was quick for Chris and Val together. In the same thought it was intense situation for their them to fall in love.
Julia
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Just wow! It’s an absolute masterpiece from my favorite Mafia Queen!
This book is everything I’ve dreamt about! It made me feel! I loved so much Chris and Valerie’s story. It made my heart beat so loudly that I was wondering if I should visit a doctor.
The story, the suspense and emotions made my reading unforgettable.
I highly recommend this book to everyone who wants a good feel!
Suzanne (Lily)
Shelves: 2019-favourite
Loved it!

Chris’ story was everything I hoped it would be and more! The suspense level remained high with the fear of how they could escape the clutches of the cartel. What I loved though was the promise of a new life, free of fear and full of unconditional love.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Red Herring (The Kingmaker Saga #4)
  • Dark Horse (The Kingmaker Saga #5)
  • Where the Snow Falls (Seasons of Betrayal, #2)
  • Black Swan (The Kingmaker Saga, #3)
  • White Rabbit: The Fall (The Kingmaker Saga, #2)
  • Something Green (Den of Mercenaries, #2.5)
  • Nix. (Den of Mercenaries #3)
  • Shadows & Silence (The Wild Bunch, #2)
  • Celt. (Den of Mercenaries #2)
  • Crooks & Kings (The Wild Bunch, #1)
  • Twisted Bonds (The Camorra Chronicles, #4)
  • White Rabbit: The Rise (The Kingmaker Saga, #1)
  • Calavera. (Den of Mercenaries, #4)
  • Twisted Hearts (The Camorra Chronicles, #5)
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Luca Vitiello (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles #0)
  • Until the End (Volkov Bratva, #2)
  • Down the Line (Volkov Bratva, #4.6)
Bethany-Kris is a Canadian author, lover of much, and mother to four young sons, one cat, and three dogs. A small town in Eastern Canada where she was born and raised is where she has always called home. With her boys under her feet, snuggling cat, barking dogs, and a hubby calling over his shoulder, she is nearly always writing something ... when she can find the time.

To keep up-to-date with new

The Guzzi Legacy (6 books)
  • Corrado (The Guzzi Legacy #1)
  • Alessio (The Guzzi Legacy #2)
  • Beni (The Guzzi Legacy, #4)
  • Bene (The Guzzi Legacy, #5)
  • Marcus (The Guzzi Legacy, #6)