Start by marking “The Peabrain's Idea (The Peabrain Adventures #1)” as Want to Read:
The Peabrain's Idea (The Peabrain Adventures #1)

The Peabrain's Idea

(The Adventures of Maggie Parker #1)

Find the compass, save the world or save herself?

For Austin robbery detective Maggie Parker, dating is harder than running down a felon, even if the guy is worth it – just ask Jake. Now add in magic.

When she finds someone breaking into her garage, stealing a favorite wooden puzzle box everything changes. Did she just see a compass fly?

Can she learn how to use the mag
Published April 11th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Peabrain's Idea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Peabrain's Idea

Start your review of The Peabrain's Idea (The Peabrain Adventures #1)
Montzalee Wittmann
Loved this so much!!!

The Peabrain's Idea by Martha Carr is such a fun fantasy ride! I read her prequel to it because I am on her email newsletter list and received it before. I loved the prequel and couldn't wait for this book!
There are gnomes, other creatures, lots of magic, and THE Elemental that is the one and only one that can use the compass the ship needs. Everyone wants the compass and THE Elemental who happens to be our gal of the story! It is filled with action, humor, and witty dialogu
Montzalee Wittmann
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
The Peabrain's Idea: A Short Story of Urban Magic by Martha R. Carr is a freebie from book funnel or such. I have been reading freebies all day. I didn't know how I felt about this at first, sure a man is blowing bubbles from his sleeve but it is Chicago! But things start getting weird enough to get interesting and then it is over! Now I want more! Need a series of this tease! ...more
Sara (A Gingerly Review)
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: physical-2019, 2019
What a great story!

Full review to come as part of the blog tour.
Jessica Robbins
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-kindle, blog-tour
Interesting Twist

So our main character is a robbery detective with some skills. Her day off starts with a break in of her garage which changes her day and life as she knows. She finds out all kinds of secret stuff which I must say is where the interesting take on what Earth is comes into play. No spoilers so that is all you get. Great world building, magic, and a story line that keeps you hooked. Great for fans of fantasy. I really liked it so I give it 4/5 stars.
Dallass
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sorry, this just wasn’t for me.

I found this pretty blah. The characters were just annoying, and fairly generic. The villain of the piece is revealed right away, and the new boyfriend is on the periphery so he could either end up an ally, ora villainous mastermind... but I don’t care enough to continue on.
Bonnie Dale Keck
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: carr
Very different than the stories listed below; only issue with it, is wish it was longer, book longer. {Had notice that it may be becoming series.}

Kindle Unlimited, think actually got one of her books from one of my freebie sites and have now hit the finish line with 6, at least for this series, and not being a huge fan of 'thrillers' that is saying that she has held my attention. Would do rundown of story, but just read the blurb and any reviews that come in, or better yet read the books listed
Bonnie Dale Keck
May 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Kindle unlimited ?, read this back in 2017 so not sure if it followed the previous/now book one 'story', this one was short short story, the 1 and then 2 coming up are just ways to get ku or other book sales, as they are long drawn out mishmashes of all her other stories/characters, even down to a cop as a main character. Since don't remember the bad/good after all this time, just giving it a 3 which will be a 2 on amazon and calling it a day. Book one is getting a 2 goodreads 1 amazon, and not ...more
Peter Trist
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant!

The one word title of this review covers my thoughts on this new character quite sufficiently I think. Started reading this as a kindle unlimited book - went and purchased it to add to my library as a permanent book even before I finished it.
I am so looking forward to book 2 of the series due later this month I believe.
Lois Alston
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love the start of Peabrain adventure

This is a great start for a new series. It gets right into the meat of the adventure but gives you enough back ground to not be lost. Cannot wait to see where this goes next.
Trae
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!

Worth the wait. Can see the similarities in places to other Martha characters I know and love, but with a story and flare all their own. A fitting tribute to her sister's adventurous spirit, and a joy to read. Cannot wait for the next one.
Curt
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! And the adventure begins

A new and creative spin on our reality. A spunky heroine with great supportng characters. The start of a shouldn't be missed new series
Ann Zdunczyk
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love the new characters

What a great start to a new series! The Bernie!! Can’t wait for the next one to come out. Read and enjoy I know you will!!
David VanEck
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great!

Really great read, that keeps you reading, with a new, and wonderful cast of characters. The premise is quite unique, also.
Crystal Wren
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well worth the wait.

I love this new universe. It was way more than I expected and once I started I couldn't stop. Yay
GARY FOREMAN
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very human and Funny

Good story, good quest. True to the characters. The closeness of mom, sisters and neighborhood speaks to a deep personal need of belonging.
Janina M. Perez
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
New great 👍series!

Love Martha Carr. Inspirational. Great storytelling. New ideas , 100% real characters, funny dialogue. Engrossing plot. I can't wait for the next book.👍👏👌🎉
Mapscat
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful as always!

Love this author, love her books! I’m liking the new universe and the characters in it. Plus, bubble magic! So cool!
L
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: no-interest, won
I feel badly about giving this a poor rating & review. However it is my honest opinion.

There was a loss of an outright star, almost two, because it ends on a cliff hanger to put it nicely. Honestly, the book just ends... almost like a chapter ending- although those also felt arbitrary with this particular work.

The book had a definite starting point. That was probably the clearest part about the book. From there...???

The positives:
The writing is good. The writing is also a touch simplistic but
Sandy Chapman
Apr 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great start on new series

It took a few chapters for me to really get into the story. By the time I finished, I had already downloaded the next book. While it took a while to get into this book, by the time I did I was hooked. This book represented the beginning of a new universe that already includes multiple series written by a variety of authors. Fascinating characters, I'm interested in finding where it will go. Light humor, some good action, and plot twisting. All of which picked up the furt
Dorothy Lloyd
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great new story in a new universe

I love the characters in this novel. Maggie shows lots of determination and isn't afraid try new things, like her developing magic. She discovers her world is not what it seems to be, but rolls with it. Bernie is a fun character who is becoming a friend to Maggie in spite of both of them. Her family is non-traditional, but living. Lots of action leaves you wanting to read the next one right away. Luckily, it's available now, with number 3 coming soon! You won't r
Melanie
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Refreshingly Original

I was given an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. The only reason I am giving this book four stars instead of five is because of how abrupt and random the introduction was. However, once I got to know the characters, and the back story to the plot, I was hooked. It seems this book is part of a series and it looks incredibly promising. Can’t wait to read more.
Larry
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have come to expect only the best from any author that co-writes with Michael Anderle and Martha Carr is no exception. This book started out with a bang and the hits just kept on coming! The characters are strong, believable, and very endearing. The plot moves along like a freight train with plenty of twists and turns to keep you focused. I am definitely looking forward to the next book. I highly recommend this book.
Larry
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Poor Professor
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great new series. Incredibly novel concept.

I have enjoyed a great deal of Martha Carr's work, both the individual and various collaborations. This series is based on an incredibly unique and creative concept. I love it! I can't wait to see what happens next. I highly recommend this book if you are a fan of fun science fiction. It is great, really. Give it a try right away!
Philip
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Re-publish of Peabrain

If you have been following the Peabrain series, this is just the re-branded version of it. Probably just wait to the book that you haven't read yet in the Peabrain series.
Patricia Finnegan
New Universe

A great start for a new world. The characters are likeable and the Earth is seen in a while new way. Add in the introduction of the idea of peabrains and Maggie Parker is our newest heroine. Can't wait for more.
Michael
Interesting take on the world being a somewhat broken spaceship. With various fractions trying to control or fix it. And the concept of magic being science is all woven together nicely. Enjoyed the start of this series and looking forward to the next book.
Charles Stenberg
I enjoyed this book. I found there was lots of action, well written and interesting characters. I look forward to reading Book #2.
Mark Whalley
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enticing tale

I loved every minute of reading this very enticing tale about a human detective who learns she is a magic person.
S D Lawrie
Feb 11, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Good start to a new series, with engaging characters.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Magic Quest (The Adventures of Maggie Parker #4)
  • Hunt Of The Dwarf King (The Adventures of Finnegan Dragonbender #2)
  • Return of the Dwarf King (The Adventures of Finnegan Dragonbender #1)
  • Anthem of the Dwarf King (The Adventures of Finnegan Dragonbender #3)
  • Magic Street Boogie (Scions of Magic #1)
  • Triumph Of The Dwarf King (The Adventures of Finnegan Dragonbender #4)
  • Shield Maiden (The Lone Valkyrie #1)
  • Once Upon a Midnight Drow (Goth Drow, #1)
  • Mystical Alley Groove (Scions of Magic #2)
  • Bewitched Avenue Shuffle (Scions of Magic #3)
  • One Witch Too Few (The Witch Next Door, #1)
  • Spellbound Magic (The Witches of Pressler Street #3)
  • Agents Of Mayhem (Federal Agents of Magic, #2)
  • Road Trip: BBQ And A Brawl (The Unbelievable Mr. Brownstone #19)
  • Bermuda Triangle Blues (Scions of Magic #4)
  • Magic Ops (Federal Agents of Magic, #1)
  • Magic Trinity (The Witches of Pressler Street #4)
Okay, I'm a late bloomer who's a big DC comics fan and spent my childhood summers on the Jersey shore but I was born under a wandering star and have lived in different parts of America ever since. That's enough about me. Need to feel inspired today? Looking for something to make you root for an ordinary hero? I'm all about that in everything I write.

I love a good tale that makes me wonder about th

The Adventures of Maggie Parker (4 books)
  • The Peabrain's Magic (The Peabrain Adventures, #2)
  • The Elemental’s Magic (The Adventures of Maggie Parker #3)
  • The Magic Quest (The Adventures of Maggie Parker #4)