Start by marking “The Peabrain's Idea (The Peabrain Adventures #1)” as Want to Read:
The Peabrain's Idea (The Peabrain Adventures #1)

The Peabrain's Idea

(The Peabrain Adventures #1)

Find the compass, save the world or save herself?

For Austin robbery detective Maggie Parker, dating is harder than running down a felon, even if the guy is worth it – just ask Jake. Now add in magic.

When she finds someone breaking into her garage, stealing a favorite wooden puzzle box everything changes. Did she just see a compass fly?

Can she learn how to use the
Published April 11th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Peabrain's Idea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Peabrain's Idea

Start your review of The Peabrain's Idea (The Peabrain Adventures #1)
Montzalee Wittmann
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this so much!!!

The Peabrain's Idea by Martha Carr is such a fun fantasy ride! I read her prequel to it because I am on her email newsletter list and received it before. I loved the prequel and couldn't wait for this book!
There are gnomes, other creatures, lots of magic, and THE Elemental that is the one and only one that can use the compass the ship needs. Everyone wants the compass and THE Elemental who happens to be our gal of the story! It is filled with action, humor, and witty
Montzalee Wittmann
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
The Peabrain's Idea: A Short Story of Urban Magic by Martha R. Carr is a freebie from book funnel or such. I have been reading freebies all day. I didn't know how I felt about this at first, sure a man is blowing bubbles from his sleeve but it is Chicago! But things start getting weird enough to get interesting and then it is over! Now I want more! Need a series of this tease!
Sara (A Gingerly Review)
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, physical-2019
What a great story!

Full review to come as part of the blog tour.
Jessica Robbins
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-tour, own-kindle
Interesting Twist

So our main character is a robbery detective with some skills. Her day off starts with a break in of her garage which changes her day and life as she knows. She finds out all kinds of secret stuff which I must say is where the interesting take on what Earth is comes into play. No spoilers so that is all you get. Great world building, magic, and a story line that keeps you hooked. Great for fans of fantasy. I really liked it so I give it 4/5 stars.
Trae
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!

Worth the wait. Can see the similarities in places to other Martha characters I know and love, but with a story and flare all their own. A fitting tribute to her sister's adventurous spirit, and a joy to read. Cannot wait for the next one.
Peter Trist
Brilliant!

The one word title of this review covers my thoughts on this new character quite sufficiently I think. Started reading this as a kindle unlimited book - went and purchased it to add to my library as a permanent book even before I finished it.
I am so looking forward to book 2 of the series due later this month I believe.
Crystal Wren
Well worth the wait.

I love this new universe. It was way more than I expected and once I started I couldn't stop. Yay
Lois Alston
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love the start of Peabrain adventure

This is a great start for a new series. It gets right into the meat of the adventure but gives you enough back ground to not be lost. Cannot wait to see where this goes next.
David VanEck
Great!

Really great read, that keeps you reading, with a new, and wonderful cast of characters. The premise is quite unique, also.
Ann Zdunczyk
Love the new characters

What a great start to a new series! The Bernie!! Can’t wait for the next one to come out. Read and enjoy I know you will!!
Curt
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! And the adventure begins

A new and creative spin on our reality. A spunky heroine with great supportng characters. The start of a shouldn't be missed new series
Mapscat
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful as always!

Love this author, love her books! I’m liking the new universe and the characters in it. Plus, bubble magic! So cool!
Janina M. Perez
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
New great series!

Love Martha Carr. Inspirational. Great storytelling. New ideas , 100% real characters, funny dialogue. Engrossing plot. I can't wait for the next book.
GARY FOREMAN
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very human and Funny

Good story, good quest. True to the characters. The closeness of mom, sisters and neighborhood speaks to a deep personal need of belonging.
Lee S.
Peabrain

This series main character is a female detective in Texas, just discovers that she is magical and aquires a small friend who seems to love non health food. Her family is a bit weird and it seems most of her friends hang out in bars. Her partner is an older veteran Male detective who likes sweet junk food. If you are thinking the Liera Chronicle series you are wrong. But it is the same author I guess that why the same basic set. The little guy isn't a troll and her mother isn't in a
Paula Jean
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book!

What an new first(almost) book in this new series by Martha Carr! I really enjoyed the free prequel novelette, thank you. This book is of an entirely new and original concept. No spoilers except to say get strapped in for a wild ride! I can't wait to see what Maggie, Bernie, and now Wilcox get up to next. No fair introducing such an intriguing character right at the very end of the book! Shame! Anyway, even without the prequel novelette, this series is worth a read. I'm sure Martha
Kirsten Ensman
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm hooked

I guess if you have me hooked and wanting to see what happens next. The book had accomplished it's goal. I don't enjoy cliff hangers per se because I want all the questions answered and not have to wait around for the next installment. I don't like Jake and who would believe her mother texted him like how did she get his number. I like how they are all quirky and that has me curious. I enjoyed the adventure so far. Am not sure where it's headed, I guess time will tell.
Aimee
May 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I had a somewhat difficult time getting into this book. I'm not sure why though. The characters were decent. In fact, I quite like some of the side characters. Sometimes I find they are not well thought out but that isn't the case in this book. There was slight world building but because it is based in pur world there didn't need to be a lot. I think what might have held me back from loving this story was the style in which it was written. It isn't bad, just not my preferred read. I hope you ...more
Kathleen Fettig
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

This wonderful book hits the ground running and does not stop! I love the characters, each of whom are unique individuals and look forward to hearing more from them. Maggie is an amazing person who suddenly finds out that she is magical. Stubborn at first, she begins to explore the idea.
You will find this book is chock full of adventure and at times laugh out loud funny. One mantra sums it all up; "Find the compass, save the world." I recommend you jump in feet first to this book; a great
Dawn Siemer
Rambling

This has to be one of the craziest worlds I've read about. Magic is done with bubbles, and few people somehow notice. Humans have an extra organ we've somehow missed in autopsies. The juxtaposition of science and magic made suspension of disbelief difficult for me.

The plot is a series of unfortunate events with no climax. The book just... ends. I might forgive that if I liked the characters enough. I liked them enough to finish the book, but not enough to read the next.
Angus Rivers
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A really good start to a series

This book introduces you to a quiet lassie whose world is complicated suddenly by a bequest from her father. As a result, she learns that she has a special part to play in the world, and that there are supernatural beings and magical things in her life.
Fortunately, she is supported by family and friends.
The story is beautifully written, and I want to find out what happens next.
Bjaye Conway
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Fun Little Romp Through Reality

I enjoyed this quirky short story about a young woman who falls through her reality and finds something wholly unexpected and magical. To me it is a very imaginative and quick visit to a virtual reality that only a few people ever find. In this story the mind really is the experience, and we are just the visitors.
Veronica
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An interesting start

We are thrown right into the confusion Maggie experiences as she sees the world in a new light, and it’s riveting. The different take on magic and technology is fascinating and, as always, Martha’s writing is captivating. Another fun new series! I’m looking forward to The Gnome’s Magic.
Suzanne Swift
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Light..Thought provoking...Fun..
Just what I needed..Creatively , imaginatively and clearly written , the story will open you up to an unseen, probable dimension we have yet to explore with our peabrain!!
Time to go beyond Time and Space..is the message I got from this wonderfull novella. I loved it!
Jennifer Ristovski
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Magic comes through the pages.

If you are a fan of mrs Carr books this has rings of leira chronicles it grabbed me wouldn’t let go. I read it in few hours and fell in love with Bernie, and the love of good food mixed with good fun. This keeps you guessing and jumping never to sit to still:) can’t wait for the second one great job : pea brain
Philip
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A real Peabrain(ed) adventure

The Earth is an organic ship, swimming the universe from galaxy to galaxy, and humans the passengers. With kind of premise, anything can happen, and did happens!
Tori Elmquist
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great first installment

Having been introduced to the works of Martha Carr in the Oriceran Universe, I was expecting a treat when I picked up this book. I was not disjointed. This story is obviously a set up fit the dust story arc, and it promises to be an exciting ride.
Howard Stallings
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can't wait until May 9th!!

Martha, thank you so much for this story and for all the oriceran stories dot-dot. This one is really good as always and really fun as always.
I think for the future stories I will read them while drinking Bubble Up.

Howard S
Leelynn (Sometimes Leelynn Reads) ❤
I read this and the second book in the trilogy as part of a blog tour with Rockstar Tours. To see my combined review on both books, visit my blog Sometimes Leelynn Reads.
Sandy Chapman
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great short story

Shows real possibilities for a series. Unique concept of our world being actually on a space ship, taking us as cargo to an unknown destination. Looking forward to reading more peabrain adventures.

• Road Trip: BBQ And A Brawl (The Unbelievable Mr. Brownstone Book 19)
  • Agents Of Mayhem (Federal Agents of Magic, #2)
  • The Drow Hunter (Alison Brownstone, #8)
  • A Brownstone Response (Alison Brownstone, #9)
  • Untouchable Witch (School of Necessary Magic Raine Campbell Book 7)
  • Witch Fugitive (School of Necessary Magic: Raine Campbell, #6)
  • The Queen’s Daughter (Alison Brownstone #7)
  • A Brownstone Solution (Alison Brownstone, #10)
  • The Girl Behind The Wall (The Last Vampire, #1)
  • Magic Ops (Federal Agents of Magic, #1)
  • War Of The Four Worlds: An Urban Fantasy Action Adventure (The Unbelievable Mr. Brownstone Book 18)
  • The Loyal Friend (Unstoppable Liv Beaufont Book 5)
  • Counter Ops (Federal Agents of Magic, #3)
  • The Passionate Delegate (Unstoppable Liv Beaufont Book 9)
  • The Stubborn Advocate (Unstoppable Liv Beaufont Book 6)
  • Rise Up: An Urban Fantasy Action Adventure (Alison Brownstone Book 12)
  • One Witch Too Few (The Witch Next Door, #1)
  • Road Trip: BBQ Delivered with Attitude (The Unbelievable Mr. Brownstone Book 20)
Okay, I'm a late bloomer who's a big DC comics fan and spent my childhood summers on the Jersey shore but I was born under a wandering star and have lived in different parts of America ever since. That's enough about me. Need to feel inspired today? Looking for something to make you root for an ordinary hero? I'm all about that in everything I write.

I love a good tale that makes me wonder about

The Peabrain Adventures (3 books)
  • The Gnome's Magic: An Urban Fantasy Action and Adventure Story (The Adventures of Maggie Parker Book 2) Kindle Edition
  • The Elemental's Magic: An Urban Fantasy Action and Adventure Story (The Adventures of Maggie Parker Book 3) Kindle Edition