Start by marking “The Difference” as Want to Read:

The Difference

I’ve kissed a lot of frogs, just to be covered in warts. I’ve been lied to, cheated on, and used more times than I can count. I don’t have it in me to keep going. I need a break from it all. I need time for the wounds to heal, and the scars to fade.

Wouldn’t you know it’s my luck, to meet a gorgeous man, after declaring my self-imposed break? He’s charming, sexy, and deter
Published May 20th 2019

Kaitlyn
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m not sure there’s adequate words for this book to write a review. Because I say this in all honesty and just because. I have read most of Ms. Ryan’s books and I love them all. But without a doubt this book is by far my favorite. I can’t tell you why exactly but I fell and I fell hard for this book. Addy and Lucas, Harper and Justin. Man, these four grabbed my heart and held on tight. They’re still holding on. The main story is Lucas and Addy but you get Justin and Harper’s love story through ...more
Dilek VT
The heroine, Addyson, is jaded, broken and burned too many times by the men she dated before. One was a cheater, the other turned out to be gay, using her as his cover. Another one turned out to be married etc. So now she is taking a break and refuses to date anyone as she is afraid of being broken once again.

Then, she meets our hero, Lucas. He is one of the good ones. It is so very clear. He is perfection. He sees how broken she is and he acts so very patiently with her.

***********************
Sissy's Romance Book Review
The Difference by Kaylee Ryan is the story of Lucas and Addyson 'Addy '.
Lucas is out with his best friend Justin when he overhears a conversation between Addy and Harper. Lucas knows pretty quickly that there is something different about Addy but what he hears is that she has sworn off men for awhile. Addy has been hurt, embarrassed and burned by past relationships. While out on a girls night with her friend Harper, Addy tells her that she is taking a break from men and dating, then enter Lucas
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description
Kaylee Ryan delivers a fantastic story. What a light and fun read. She’s been burned before, he is set on proving that he’s different. Addyson and Lucas had combustible chemistry, but that won’t be enough to make her open herself up to more heartache. Lucas knows he has to show her what kind of man he really is, and oh what a man that is!

I was completely wrapped in this story. Addy was tough and at times I just wanted to shake her, but really, I got her. I understood her reluctance and wanted go
Carmen Rae
The Difference was a big huge bag of warm fuzzies and it actually was the perfect solution to my book slump. And the ideal lazy mothers day read. Even if I did still manage to find a few things to whinge about I knew it was mostly me just being a miserable bitch.

Kaylee is one of those authors that I kind of forget I love until I see her name pop up then I have a oh yeah moment and get super excited. So basically she turns me into a Labrador.

First off this book was two romances in one. We got t
Andrea Fleury
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lucas meets abby

I loved this story about two best friends who are out one night at a club talking about addys life and all the jerky guys she has dated. All of a sudden two guys walk up to there table sit down and sparks fly. Lucas looks at sexy and says hi hi out with me. She says no . He tries over and over. She decides to give him a chance. This is their story.
booksiflove
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Phew, what a book. I’m falling more and more in love with Kaylee Ryan’s writing, the more she writes.
I think this one is the difference, pun intended!

Addy and her best friend Harper are out on a girls night in a bar, where Addy complains of her really bad luck with guys she used to date. Throw in two male best friends, Lucas and Justin, eavesdropping on the girls. So they meet.

Addy is adamant on being on a date break, but Lucas is oh so slowly weaseling his way into her heart. Melting the walls
Jami
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One Chance can be the Difference

Addyson has had a rough go at relationships and she’s done. Taking the bench. Not willing to risk her heart again.
Lucas overhears Addyson at the bar talking about all her failed relationships. Wanting to get to know her better, he knows that it’s going to be a challenge, but there is something about Addy that draws him in. But Addy has her walls so high it’s going to take something different to tear them down.
I absolutely loved Lucas. He was determined, sweet, a
Kaylee Ryan
Apr 30, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Now available in Kindle Unlimited.
Millennial Life Crisis Bookshelf - Samantha
Yet again another quality book from Kaylee Ryan! This book really sheds light on the reality of dating currently, coming from someone with experience! Addyson has had a rough time in the dating world, and after her last disaster of a relationship, she’s decided to take a break. While out with her best friend, she is overheard by Lucas and his best friend, who insert themselves into the girls conversation and try to give them a run for their money in the dating world. Lucas recognizes that Addyso ...more
Sheri
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There is one reason I gave this book 5 stars, and that is the hero, Lucas! He was such an amazing guy with the patience of a saint!

Addyson meets Lucas in a bar one night, and has decided she’s given up men. Lucas doesn’t seem to care. He knows Addy is “his difference”. He just has to prove it to her. Addy has her work cut out for her though, because her best friend has instant chemistry with Lucas’s best friend, Justin.

I don’t know if I’ve read a guy as patient as Lucas. There were times through
Frances
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s
This story was super sweet. A little bit on the YA side for me in ways.
The chemistry is there, but it's definitely an insta-love story. I do not mind that one bit.
Not insta-love that it's insta-relationship, but you just know it'll happen you're not sure when or how.

I love Kaylee Ryan's writing in that she knows how to write a good man. They are never jerks or push overs or any sort of bad. Her females are usually a little needy, but that's why we have alphas.

I liked this story, I do wish there
Sandy Nikolas
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was such a swoony read. Lucas is awesome and so patient with Addy. You can’t help but fall in love with them.
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
↪ R E V I E W ↩

This is not my first read by this author & I LOVE LOVE LOVE her writing style. So, I am very thankful to be able to receive an ARC! I can say right now before all my review, THIS IS MY FAVORITE KAYLEE RYAN BOOK TO THIS DATE! FAVORITE!!!

I won't lie when I say that even in the beginning it's very light but Lucas is SO FREAKING HOT! Just the way he talks and carries himself and interacts with Addyson. He is so different then the men she meets, but she has her right to reserve aft
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
This is my favorite Kaylee Ryan book ever! The Difference is the sweetest, swooniest, most happy sigh inducing book I’ve read in a long time. Right from the start I fell hard and fast for Lucas. The man comes out full swoon sweeping you off your feet the second you meet him. No joke, he is THAT amazing. One night with Addy and their friends and he knows she’s the one for him.
Addy on the other hand has been burned a few too many times. While her previous disastrous relationships may seem a bit f
Rejane
Jul 25, 2019 marked it as not-interested
Shelves: boring
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Kaylee Ryan has an all-new sweet, sexy, swoony new adult romance out and OMG! y'all... you just wait until you meet her next dreamy hero. The Difference was such a good, good book... predictable and comfortable, easy and safe, irresistible and undeniable. This romance had everything I love in this kind of read and Kaylee never ever disappoints with her books.

Just as she was about to give up on love, he stepped up.. spoke to her and it was in that moment that everything changed and not on
Becca
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again... I just couldn't put this book down once I started. Addy and Lucas were magic together.

Addyson is broken. She's been lied to, cheated on and ran over one too many times. So when Lucas shows up in her life, even though he has done nothing to mislead her, Addy's trust in Lucas being the real deal is disillusioned by the men of her past.

Lucas knew from the moment he met her, that she was different. He also knew that he had to handle her with kid gloves.

Every page turn, I fell more in l
Nancy Metsch
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again Kaylee has blown me away...This book has pushed her Rock Star status even higher in my opinion
They say never say never, well for Addy that phrase is very true, The poor woman has been hurt more times then possible. She wants the one. Well is all honesty who doesn't. Here's the thing you never know when the one is just going to walk into your life. For Addy and her best friend Harper it happened on a girls night at a bar.
Lucas Presscott in my opinion is the perfect male character. He
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
5 stars

Wow, Kaylee Ryan knows how to turn on the charm. I've loved every one of the books I've read by this author but this might be my favorite. In The Difference we actually get two beautiful love stories in one; Justin and Harper and then the main event, Lucas and Addy.

As girlfriends do, Harper and Addy have shared a lot. Harper has lived through each and every one of Addy's failed love stories with the colossal jerks she's dated. To say these ladies are a little gun shy is a massive underst
Nicole Smith
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
4.5 Stars
This is such a good book. I want a Lucas for myself. He's is the type guy that any woman dreams of. He has so many swoon worthy moments in this book. His biggest swoon worthy moment is how patient he is with Addyson. Addyson has had the worst luck with relationships and one night at a bar venting about it may just be the best decision she ever made. A chance meeting may lead to ever after. Lucas is showing and proving to Addyson that he is not like the other men she has known in the pa
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

A over the top sexy romance with the kind of plot I look for in a romance and characters that are awesome and wonderful!

The Difference gave me all the SWOONS and made my heart beat wildly with both lust and love. Its sweet, fun, oh so steamy romance that begs a reader to sit on back and enjoy. I loved how the story flowed and thought it was adorable and perfect. Can't wait for the next one from Kaylee Ryan!

The Difference gets a FANTASTIC FIVE YUMMY STARS!

A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
This is a super sweet and swoony read. I am still smiling after finishing this book! The way the characters connected throughout this book was brilliant. At times I even laughed out loud which made me fall in love even more with this book. Kaylee is a new-to-me author but her writing style is enthralling. I have already added a bunch of her other books to my TBR list and cannot wait to start them! If you are looking for a swoony and funny, page-turner - this book is for you!

Reviewed by: Brianne
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kendall Ryan has quickly became an automatic one-click author for me. I am in love with her writing and her characters draw you and make you feel the story. Lucas and Addy's story is just the most imperfect fairytale romance. This was a exquisite slow-burn that will have you wishing you had your own real life Lucas. He is a book boyfriend unlike any other. Poor Addy, she has sworn off men after one too many relationship mishaps. Fate has other plans though, dropping Lucas into her life. She will ...more
georgie
May 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: na-contemporary
this was another bad decision
Liz
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You can never go wrong with a book from Kaylee Ryan. I always know when I pick up one of her books, I am in for a great journey and with The Difference she definitely did not disappoint. I loved this book so much and devoured it. It was such a captivating read!

Addyson is done with men. After one bad relationship after another, she needs a break. But while talking to her friends about her “no more men” plans, she meets a man that wants to prove her wrong. I loved Addyson. She was sweet and carin
Meg K
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Difference

This is the sweetest most swoon worthy book Kaylee Ryan has ever written. I absolutely loved it! Addy and Luke are perfection!
Connie
Although I enjoyed the story, it seemed to take an awful long time to get to the point. Yes Addy had huge trust issues due to all of the lying, cheating losers she dated. But why did a great guy like Lucas, have to suffer for those other guy's sins? Lucas was extremely patient waiting for Abby to realize that he was "different" from the rest and had her best interests at heart. Anyone else would have bailed long ago!
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Every single time I read a book by this Kaylee Ryan, I just know I've found a new favourite. The Difference is no exception, and definitely promises to hold a special place for me. In fact, this maybe my favorite Kaylee book ever! The Difference is the sweetest, most swooniest and all the happy feels book that I’ve read in a long time. Lucas is one of the best male characters I have read and he absolutely made me swoon over and over, because of how way he was with Addyson. Addyson and Lucas were ...more
Ashley Gayhart
I am over here still a bumbling mess after reading The Difference, so if what I say comes out a jumpled mess, it's because my heart is feeling all kinds of amazing things right now.

The Difference. This title is absolutely EVERYTHING! If I could use one word to sum up this book, it would be the 'difference'. Holy Moly, not only was it weaved in and out of this brilliant story, but it also perfectly describes these characters. The Difference is a captivating - whimsical and just every other dang
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
NYT & USA Today Bestselling Author

Instagram: kaylee_ryan_author

Stop by to visit Kaylee in her Facebook reader group.

“I want all of you. I want your mind, your spirit, your laughter. I want your body, but most of all, baby, I want your heart.” 1 likes