Start by marking “Losing The Bid: Distinguished Gentlemen” as Want to Read:
Losing The Bid: Distinguished Gentlemen

Losing The Bid: Distinguished Gentlemen

Parading in front of a room full of women is not Adrian Collins’ idea of a good time. The last thing he wants to do is fly to Chicago for a bachelor auction. But, how can he refuse to help the woman who nurtured him after his mother abandoned him when he was a toddler? Going back to the site of his deepest wounds is where he’ll meet his destiny, Daphne Turner. Adrian is di ...more
Published April 3rd 2019 by Heart 2 Heart Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Losing The Bid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Losing The Bid

Felice Foster
Apr 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Winning his heart

I’ve been looking forward to the novellas in this series for a few months now. Although the books are connected via the bachelor auction, each novella is independent of each other.

This is an emotional story. You feel Daphne’s pain with the death of her Uncle Hal. She’s trying to put her life back together, but she is overcome with grief. Adrian still has feelings of rejection after learning, in his youth, that his biological mom left him on Mama Peaches doorstep. He feels if his
MidnightAce Book Bar
MY THOUGHTS: 🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷
Losing The Bid is Suzette Riddick contribution to the Distinguished Gentlemen Series. You’ll love these characters as they tell this heartfelt story of pain and loss of love ones, and how it affects us.

Adrian and Daphne both had their crosses to bare, trying to function in a broken state. I enjoyed their journey to love and healing. They took us through the steps of peeling away their layers of pain, lost, abandonment and acceptance of love.

Uncle Hal’s love, protection and nurt
Vondetta Carter
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Adrian is a police officer and an upcoming professor who finds himself back in the town he grew up in Chicago. His foster mom is hold and auction and he is on of the sexy batchelors . He would rather write a nice check, but no luck. Just as he walks out, he see the greatest pair of legs he has ever seen. The face of the owner is right up his alley as well.
A bidding war ensues for him but Miss Legs loses to his ex. Is his opportunity to meet her gone?
Daphne is gentle soul who is visiting the Chi
MidnightAce
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Uncle Hal’s love, protection and nurturing continued ev
Geri Evans
Dreams Do Come True!!

Uncle Hal’s dream was the catalyst to Daphne and Adrian’s losing bid end up actually being the winning one! With Daphne no longer at his side and he recognizing his true feelings, Adrian was able to confront the truth of his childhood and experience letting go of the bad and letting love overcome. I enjoyed this book immensely! Definitely recommended! Excellent Story, Suzette! 💜
Theresa
Awemazing

I loved this book it was great and I’m so happy that Adrian was able to face his fears and deal with his past in a way that led him to finally be free to love... Him and Daphne were perfect together and I loved Daphne and Nancy friendship it was so ride or die and I loved it... Definitely an five star read
Lisa
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To be healed and whole!

I really enjoyed Daphne and Adrian's love story! It was born out of past hurts, love and a dream! I really loved how he won her back when he was too afraid to take a chance on love. Great first read in this Distinguished Gentleman's Anthology! I look forward to reading the others!
Abby G. Amos
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Read

I really enjoyed reading this book! I'm glad that Adrian was able to overcome his issues and not walk away from Love. I think this is a book that EVERYONE will enjoy reading! I definitely will recommend it to others!
Lorice DeBlanc-Brim
Good read!

I wanted to slap Adrian for his mishap on the phone with Lex. It was uncalled for. I'm too of that it was the perfect time to explain his reasoning. I'm glad he finally reached out for help with his situation. Love the ending!
Rhonda Davis
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A bachelors auction and a dream

Loved it! Adrian and Daphne are two aching souls brought together by his foster mother, Mama Peaches, and her best friend, Nancy.
Nancy! Nancy! Nancy! LMBO
Ms .  T. Gilliam
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
very nice story

This is the story of Andrian and Daphne and a missed opportunity and a dream that made all their dreams come true this was a nice story. Andrian is one of Mama Peaches gentlemen's this is a great concept these books.
LaShon Hawkes
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book

You never know what someone is going through, this is a great example. I love Daphne and Adrain’s story, I want a part 2! Great job as always Suzette, I look forward to your next book!
Kenya Creighton
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Queenkey

Love the book I'm glad that Adrian let go of his demon and talk to his birth mom and love with Daphne out of it. Now hope that crazy Nancy find love... Mama Peaches is the bomb!!!
tera mcleod
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable

A good addition to the series...i have never read this author before and was pleasantly surprised by the depth of the story. I was spellbound from start to finish..good read
Lee Holden, E.
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Great read, I enjoyed the characters and storyline. Adrian and Daphne are a good match. They both overcame emotional baggage to get their happily ever after.
Myrlita Clark
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this being from philly I could relate to the places in philly
Malaika
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Aw!

This story in the series got me in my feelings! Adrian and Daphne were made for each other. So glad he faced his s demons and let love win.
Matysha
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first time reading this author but it won’t be my last. This was cute lil story that enjoyed from beginning to end.
Denise Hearon
Apr 13, 2019
Dee
May 13, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
When at the age of fifteen an upperclassman slipped me my first romance novel, I became immediately engrossed in the romance genre. Years later when I discovered that there were romance novels written by African-American women with characters that looked like me, I nearly lost my mind! Searching my local bookstores for my favorite authors became an enjoyable pastime. Today I have an extensive libr ...more