Start by marking “Trick Or Treat” as Want to Read:

Trick Or Treat

Author Jamie Stewart returns with a brand new nightmare: Trick or Treat.

It’s Halloween. For the residents of Denison Street that means face paint, costumes and swapping horror stories. Or at least it used to be.

Last year Logan Conway went missing while Trick or Treating. The police have no clues, no suspects and no leads.

Some say The Reaper Man did it.

Others say he’s a
Published April 2nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Trick Or Treat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trick Or Treat

Maureen
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
It’s Halloween, and under the cloak of darkness, the children of Denison Street begin their yearly ritual of trick or treating. Last Halloween, little Logan Conway went trick or treating and never came home. There were no leads in this missing case, and the superstitious in the community believe the Reaper Man took him.

Logan’s mother Jane (looked on as a witch by the local kids) is certain that the Reaper Man is responsible, so with the help of spells and potions, she’s invited him back this yea
Sandra
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-story, horror, kb
Horror story about a mother's revenge for her murdered son.

This is the second book I've read by Jamie Stewart and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was short but very engrossing and spooky and it had me captivated, wanting to know what was going to happen. It had great atmosphere, creepy and tense situations, and a very sinister character... The Reaper Man.

Enjoyable, scary story, good to read around Halloween.
Paula
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Paula by: Sandra
Enjoyable little horror story that made for a quick and creepy read about a mother plotting her revenge against the monster who killed her young son a year ago on Halloween. I really liked Jane (the boy's mother) and thought she was pretty awesome. The storyline was interesting and held some good surprises for me since I didn't know what to expect.
Louise Wilson
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a short story that's mixed a mother's revenge for the death of her son and marriage with ghosts, vampires and witches. It's only twenty seven pages long so it's a very quick read. It's also a very creepy read. A story that would be best read at Halloween.

Kindle edition
Paul Falk
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Author Jamie Stewart crafted a story of revenge. And what better day to enact a deadly deed than on the day when innocent children call out - Trick or Treat ! How appropriate. Events from the underworld were soon in the making.

This macabre holiday conjures up nightmarish events in every child's imagination. That's when things go bump in the night, eyes come aglow and eerie sounds fill the air. This particular evening would be one for everyone to remember.

The mysterious woman who resided in 10 D
Peter
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
This is a very interesting Halloween story with new elements to the topic. There are one part of the story playing in the past and one even in the future (October 2019). In a common housing area a small boy named Logan was abducted on Halloween Eve and killed. Halloween day, a year later, Susie and her son Hugh speak about that case. It was the son of their next door neighbours. Now, the alone living mother is regarded as a witch and her house is avoided by trick or treating children. Why is Jan ...more
Sheri
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am such a fan of horror it makes me weak in the knees when I read a great story, and this story made my knees buckle. This is my second read by author Jamie Stewart. His first story, Insular, rocked the Amazon charts at #1.
I judge an author by their ability to scare me and by their ability to surprise me with their use of words. Jamie Stewart does that extremely well.
Trick Or Treat is a quick read but it packs a punch. I wasn't exactly certain which direction Stewart would take with this tale
Sara
May 11, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a spooky Halloween short story and as with all short stories, i do wish it were longer!!

Trick or Treat was really well done and i think the author should be commended for packing a punch in such few pages.
Camden Johnson
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I am friends with the Author but my opinions are 100% honest and if I didn't like it then I would say so in my review.

With this being said, I loved this short story. I had previously read Jamie's work when I read Insular which I also loved. I bought this book as soon as it was released and I was saving it for Halloween time but obviously I couldn't wait and I finished it in July. This short story was purely an impulse buy because I had no idea what it was about when I got it or when
William Bitner Jr.

Subgenre - Short Story/Horror
Pages - 27
Publication Information - Independently Published - April 2, 2019
Format - Digital
Reviewed by William C. Bitner, Jr. (https://booksinmylibraryblog.wordpres...)
Rating - 📙📙📙📙📙

Turn the lights out, light a candle and grab a copy of Trick Or Treat by Jamie Stewart. It’s a ghost story, a witch story, a vampire story, and a story about a mother’s revenge for the death of her son and the loss of her marriage. One of those
Brandon
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Trick or Treat a wicked but sweet read

This read is short but like the candy retrieved from a night of going door to door is deliciously sweet. I don't want to say more about it than the description does, but I highly recommend reading it.

Ami
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Trick or treat is a very good short story filled with nightmare causing events. I enjoyed everything about it except the many grammatical errors. A good proofreader could push it right back not the five star category (for short stories).

Read via Kindle Unlimited
Mark Watson
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic follow up to Insular. I really enjoyed the pace of the story and the strength of the characters. A great read for on the train/bus to work.
Renee (The B-Roll)
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is set in an unnamed town on Denison Street.  There is a house, number 10, that people say The Witch of Denison Street lives in.  It turns out, last year, the little boy who's family lives there went missing and was found in pieces at the playground, victim to The Reaper Man.  What is more intriguing, number 10 Denison Street's neighbor can see into the backyard from her house and one evening she notices the mother, Jane digging a peculiar looking hole.  Just the right size to be a gr ...more
Giliarde
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
The only thing I didn't like so much were the many named characters that were not that relevant for the story, I got a bit confused regarding who's who and I had to re-read the first 6 pages to be sure I had gotten it right.

Besides that, the story is pretty fun.

I would love to read a book based on this short story. If the writer decides to do that, I promise to be a reader.
Heather (glitterandlashes)
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was such a fun story. Halloween is a sure fire way to pull me in and I was not disappointed here.
I really enjoy this author and his writing style. He has a way of spinning out a story quickly but not losing the reader in the process. Sometimes I find that short stories always leave things lacking and I was left with wanting more but I think that’s one of the signs of a good writer when they can accomplish that in an handful of pages.
Luke
May 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
Potential spoilers ahead..

I read 'Insular' and quite enjoying the story, so when I saw Jamie was releasing a new book I decided to give it a read, to see if he could improve on a decent first offering. I'm not going to sugar coat it.. This was, quite frankly, one of the worst books I've ever read. I almost feel bad leaving such a negative review but I try to be brutally honest as often as possible. I really hope Jamie can see this as constructive criticism.

First of all before I get to the stor
Topher
Apr 05, 2019
Ali
Apr 17, 2019
Jamie Stewart
Apr 04, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Melanie
John Decarteret
Courtney Perry
Apr 10, 2019
Shawn the big poppa pump
Mac
Jessica F
Kayla
Gail Gagner
Apr 21, 2019
MY NEWEST STORY, ALFIE & THE DEAD GIRLS, IS AVAILABLE ON AMAZON WORLDWIDE NOW!

UK Link

USA Link

Jamie Stewart is the author of Amazon Best Seller's Insular and Trick or Treat. Jamie Stewart started writing stories at the age of nine inspired by R.L Stein's Goosebumps series and old horror movies that he was far too yo