Start by marking “The Secret She Keeps (Whitaker Island, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Secret She Keeps (Whitaker Island, #2)

The Secret She Keeps

(Whitaker Island #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  56 ratings  ·  21 reviews
No matter where you run to…

Published December 30th 2019 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about The Secret She Keeps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret She Keeps

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The Secret She Keeps (Whitaker Island, #2)
Caz
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Secret She Keeps is the second book in HelenKay Dimon’s new series of romantic suspense novels set on the small, privately owned Whitaker Island, located somewhere off the Washington coast. It’s an entertaining, and intriguing read featuring a couple of appealing protagonists and a well-drawn secondary cast, and although I hadn’t read the previous book, I didn’t feel as though I’d missed anything, so this one works perfectly well as a standalone.

When Connor Rye’s family fell apart after his
Marlene
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Originally published at Reading Reality

Whitaker Island is a very strange place. Not creepy, exactly, but definitely strange. And the population seems to self-select for weird. It’s so odd that it makes me wonder if it’s off the coast near Fogg Lake – but Whitaker isn’t quite THAT strange. Still strange, as are the people it attracts.

The Secret She Keeps continues the story of the isolated and very quirky Whitaker Island that began in Her Other Secret, as well as keeping up with the Rye family
Stacee
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I had really enjoyed the previous book in this series, so I was absolutely getting to this one.

I loved Maddie and Connor. They’re both dealing with some things and I love how strong they stayed. She’s tenacious and he’s charming and together they have banter and loads of chemistry. I loved seeing Ben and Sylvia again and the other people who love on the island.

Plot wise, it was good. I loved that the action started right away and the tension didn’t let up. I did figure out the twist about half
Sandy S
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date December 30, 2019

No matter where you run to…

Connor Rye seeks solace on remote Whitaker Island. When his first quiet evening ends with a blow to the head, it’s clear that nothing—and no one—is as it seems. Still haunted by his sister’s murder, he’s buried himself in work while trying to hold his family together. Now, when he has a minute to breathe, he knows better than to get involved with a stranger, but it might be too late to keep his distance.

Desire will
Harlequin Books
Categories
Contemporary Romance, Romantic Suspense, Multicultural & Interracial Romance
Danielle Urban
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Secret She Keeps by Helenkay Dimon is fast-paced romantic suspense. I found myself lured deeper into the plot. Page by page, I was intrigued. The suspense built into an intense atmosphere. I was not sure what the outcome would be. The outcome I knew would be deadly. But for who? And why?

This novel was packed full of action, mystery, and romance. The danger was kept unknown. The reasons for the said danger was not fully given but just enough to keep you wondering why and who was behind this
Jessica (the naptime writer)
I received a complimentary ARC of this book from Edelweiss+ but all opinions provided are my own.

Helenkay Dimon’s The Secret She Keeps offers a passionate romance between a protective beta hero with a compelling back-story and a frightened woman who, mistaking him for someone else, attacks him, but it ultimately falls flat for me.

Connor Rye’s sister was recently murdered and he escapes to Whitaker Island hoping that some solitude will give him the peace he needs. But very soon after arriving,
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Connor Rye came to Whitaker Island for a little peace and tranquility, but his first night on the island is anything but peaceful... as he was unexpectedly attacked. Coming to the island was supposed to be blissful break, one that would give his overworked and stressed body a break. But the beautiful woman who has just attacked him has him wondering what he just walked in to...

Maddie Rhine came to the island to hide out from her dangerous past, and even went as far as to assume a different
Becky
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, contemporary
Another good--if slightly murderous--time is had by most on Whitaker Island! (Obviously the dead body and concussed/shot people might feel slightly differently about that.)

Connor Rye's (yes, Hansen's brother from the first book) intro to the island is...well, less-than ideal. You might think that from the start, someone is out to get him--oh, and the whole island keeps comparing him to his brother (the eternal problem of younger siblings everywhere) and expects him to fix random stuff for them.
JG
The Secret She Keeps is the second standalone book in HelenKay Dimon's Whitaker Island series. However, its best appreciated if the first book is read prior to this one, only because it gives context to what Whitaker Island is all about and also how it appears as an affable small town but in reality it has more secrets in its virtual closet as its population.
So the main protagonists for this book was very briefly mentioned in the first book. This time we get up and close with both Connor and
Perrin Larton
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Workaholic Connor Rye is on Whitaker Island for a little rest and relaxation. His first day on the island is tipped on its side when he’s rudely awakened by a blow to the head. Who knew romance could begin this way!

Maddie Rhine is a quintessential control freak. She has her reasons. She must know who arrives on Whitaker, why they’re here, and where they’re staying. As the voice behind the answering service on the island, she can keep track of the comings and goings, usually.

Connor and Maddie are
Lynn Brooks
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 STARS!

In THE SECRET SHE KEEPS danger is lurking from the very start yet the dialogue that is woven with humorous banter keeps a lightheartedness alive for the reader. HelenKay Dimon's second book in her Whitaker Island series is sure to please fans of romantic suspense!

As we go into the story, we know that Connor is still suffering an overwhelming grief over his sister's murder and carries a load of emotions with him. He's seeking to get away from the daily grind to comfort his soul, but
Kari
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Secrets She Keeps is the sequel to Her Other Secret. Connor is the brother of Hanson from the first book. He is on the island for a much needed vacation. He is attacked minutes after being in the cabin. Maddie has been quietly living on the island trying to put her life back together. Connor helps her figure out who is sending her warning notes. This was a good follow up to the first book. I liked both characters. While their HEA was a bit quick, they fit well together. The mystery of who is ...more
Donna Was A Scandal
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Romantic suspense with a big mystery influence - I enjoyed this book very much and found the characters resonated with me more than those in book 1. Connor's emotional baggage and inability to grieve runs head-first into Maddie's deep, dark, deadly secrets - I'm not spoiling a damn thing! I found the pacing of the mystery very well done, I enjoyed the chemistry and really hot sex scenes but most of all, the gut-wrenching emotional journey or journeys but especially Connor's as it revolves around ...more
Crystal
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I am LOVING Whitaker Island so much! I was intrigued by book one, and now I'm completely obsessed! And these Rye brothers are just wow! Maddie is an awesome character, and while I wanted to shake her sometimes, I totally loved her! Connor is just the absolute best too! I figured out the mystery early on (lifelong mystery reader here), but that didn't diminish my love of the story or how it played out! I cannot wait for more, because there are people I need more info about, like now!
Glenda Bettin
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awesome series, will we get Ben's story? Hope so
The CurvyJones
Michelle Cable
Oct 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Received digital ARC from Edelweiss.
Ddkmc95
good book although some parts seemed to drag.
Hmr28
Jan 17, 2020 rated it liked it
2.5
Jessica
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the first book in this series so I was really excited to read this book. This is the story of Conner Rye and Maddie Rhine.

He has buried himself in work since his sisters murder and trying to hold his family together. He comes to Whitaker Island to take a break and find peace. His first evening there he is hit in the head.

Maddie has pretended to be someone else for years. Something from her past is coming back to haunt her. Someone is watching her and waiting for a chance to get her.

J
Dave Sloan
Nov 11, 2019
Taylor Sorenson
Jan 05, 2020

• Wrapped Up in You (Heartbreaker Bay, #8)
  • The Intended Victim (The Agency #4)
  • Twist of Fate (Heartbreaker Bay, #8.5)
  • Would Like to Meet
  • Almost Just Friends (Wildstone, #4)
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • The Vanishing (Fogg Lake #1)
  • Christmas in the City
  • The Duchess War (Brothers Sinister, #1)
  • Under His Kilt (Under the Kilt, #1)
  • My Darling Duke (Sinful Wallflowers, #1)
  • When a Duchess Says I Do (Rogues to Riches #2)
  • The Prince of Broadway (Uptown Girls, #2)
  • Covert Vengeance (Vengeance, #2)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • Defending Everly (Mountain Mercenaries, #5)
  • Never Kiss a Duke (Hazards of Dukes, #1)
  • The Deception (Maximum Security #2)
HelenKay Dimon is a divorce lawyer-turned-romance author. After dedicating years to helping people terminate relationships she now writes romance novels full time. Her books have earned praise, appeared on bestseller lists, won numerous awards and twice been named Red-Hot Reads and excerpted in Cosmo. She sometimes writes erotic romance, sometimes writes romantic suspense and sometimes writes ...more

Whitaker Island (2 books)
  • Her Other Secret (Whitaker Island, #1)