Start by marking “War of Mist (The Oremere Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
War of Mist (The Oremere Chronicles, #3)

War of Mist

(The Oremere Chronicles #3)

War is here.
Toxic mist drives all life to the brink of destruction and the conqueror queen, Ines, has her talons in the kings of the realm.

Bleak, having discovered her true heritage, must now scour the lands for the one thing that might save them all.

But the search is a treacherous one – and it will push her to the very limits of endurance.

Amidst secrets, lies
Published July 25th 2019 by Talem Press (first published July 22nd 2019)

To ask other readers questions about War of Mist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about War of Mist

Start your review of War of Mist (The Oremere Chronicles, #3)
Beth
You guys... Just putting it out there, this is one of my new all time favourite series, and for a few days it's on Amazon for 99p or 99C (I believe!) it's definitely worth checking it out! :)

5 Stars!

”It’s always the people we know best who can hurt us the most.”

Thank you Helen for sending me an ARC!

Going into this I have to say I was slightly scared… I mean the Title alone, War of Mist, you’ve got to know there’s going to be a war, and what about all of the characters that I love so much?! Not o
Stacy
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
No spoilers in this rapid review of War of Mist. I really liked it and give it 4.5 stars. This is how you wrap up an epic fantasy series! I’ve been a little let down by several series finales this past year—even from authors like Sarah J. Maas—but Scheuerer didn’t disappoint.

I find it’s hard to summarize a finale in a fantasy series. My synopsis always seems to go something like this: Do you know what we’ve been building toward in the previous books? Well, now it’s happening! All the characters
Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.)

I want to thank the author, who has been so kind as to send me a copy of her book in exchange for an honest review

OMG, THE FEELS, you guys. I didn't want it to end... I think there's something in my eye 😭
I LOVED this book, all this trilogy is beautiful and it really needs and deserves more recognition, the author has done an extraordinary job with the creation of characters, world, and magic system. If you like high-fantasy, this trilogy needs to be on your list, IT'S FANTASTIC!!

description

4.5/5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️💫
Surbhi Das
I am so happy that I discovered this series! These books have everything that I love in Fantasy, Magnificent world-building, easy to follow but intriguing magic system, fast paced and action packed plot, an endearing ensemble of cast and the ultimate good vs evil fight to death. I haven't written reviews for the first two books in the series, so I'll just quickly recap my thoughts on both the books before writing down my thoughts on this final book of the series, War of Mist.

The first book in t
Kate (beautifulbookland)
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If I had to name my top five under appreciated series, these books would definitely be included. It has everything you could ever want in a fantasy book; enchanting magic, badass warrior ladies, complex characters, gorgeous writing and stunning world building.

Still not sold? Well, one of the main characters is a recovering alcoholic who rides a panther.

(Got you.)

Helen is one of those magical authors whose writing style and world building are so distinct and comforting that it’s just like snugg
Dianne
This is it. Everything is coming to a head and Bleak is at the heart of things, her heritage revealed, her destiny engraved somewhere beneath the lies, the treachery and her quest to find the one thing that can save the world. Can she do it? Will she be in time? Can she stay out of the clutches of the wicked Queen Ines?

Helen Scheuerer’s final installment of the Oremere Chronicles trilogy, WAR OF MIST hits the ground running, tensions high and a clock that is ticking…the last stand is coming.

Get
Amber
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bleak and friends gather for the final battle against the evil witch Ines who has caused chaos throughout the land. As they prepare for war, will they finally be able to defeat her or die trying? Read on and find out for yourself.

This was an amazing conclusion to the oremire chronicles trilogy. If you enjoy action-packed fantasy series with great story and characters, definitely check this trilogy out on Amazon and wherever ebooks are sold online.
Justine
May 01, 2019 marked it as to-read
SOMEBODY PINCH MY EYES. I THINK IT SAYS 500 PAGES.
Karlita | Tale Out Loud

If you read the entire books in this series like me, you should know by now that Helen Scheuerer forged a fantasy world that was entirely reflected to our real setting where everyone is fighting their own battle and people are either guided by their moral compass or blinded by their greed, personal interest and hunger for power. Her books are not a Disney princess movie where everyone gets a happy ending and live happily ever after.

By going into detail, I will conclude this series by highlightin
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced e-ARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts are my own.

Where do I even begin?! To say that this series has become one of my all-time favourites is an understatement. Helen has created a trilogy so unique, so beautiful and so utterly heartbreaking. War of Mist is the epic conclusion to an explosive trilogy, it will leave you hanging off every word and desperately flipping the pages.

There are betrayals, characters being reunited, twists
Stephanie
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
wow. this book destroyed me. review to come

Blog | YouTube | Instagram

This book was utterly fantastic. If I rated the entire series, I would be a 4.5* (only because the beginning of the first book dragged a bit) but since this is a solo review for the finale book, I’m happy to say that this was a solid 5* read.

My favorite aspect would definitely be the characters – they were absolutely exceptional, probably some of the best I have ever read. And you know the characters are amazing and incredibly
Lucia
Aug 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Between 2.5 and 3

I have to admit, I am a bit disappointed by this conclusion to the Oremere series. If I didn't enjoy these characters so much, I think this would be a 2 star from me? It took me ages to get through, dragged a lot despite the action, and the plot felt convenient. The first two books really excelled at proper pacing and not giving too much away too soon, but in this book it really seemed like all the wind went out of the sails and the tension dissolved. The stakes couldn't have be
Shealea
After writing two brilliant, page-turning books, I was a little bit worried about how Helen was going to raise the bar even higher. But all my worries were unnecessary because War of Mist definitely delivered with nail-biting tension, solid writing, and a very satisfying conclusion. Seriously, just pick this series up.

Full review to follow.
USOM
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
(Disclaimer: I received this book from the author. This has not impacted my review which is unbiased and honest.)

The Oremere Chronicles have been one of my absolute favorite underrated fantasy series ever. Talk about morally grey characters who will wring every piece of emotion from your heart. And War of Mist is a stunning series finale! War of Mist is one of those series finales that makes not only your breath quicken, but reminds you of why you loved the series in the first place. You become
Jayse
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow. So many unexpected twists and turns in the final book of the series. There were characters in this that I wholeheartedly adore and by the end some of those were no longer with us...whyyyyy Helen? WHYYYYY?

I EFFING LOVE this series!!!
Joyly Stevens
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"It's always the people we know best who can hurt us the most."

"It seems we have much to learn of each other. That is the gift of life, no? A friendship that endures is never short of surprises."

"I'm going to go to war. I'll carry on. As you have done. We stand to face the storm, no matter what it throws at us."

"For the longest time, I've wanted to say something, to do something about what is happening to women in this world. To try and make sense of it, to try and acknowledge it. But every time
Maria
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: earc
FINALLY!!

I HAVE FINALLY FINISHED THIS SERIES!! 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩

I was so eager to get my hand on WAR OF MIST after finishing REIGN OF MIST, I couldn't wait for long after finishing the latter one.

And WAR OF MIST is soooooo good!!

The prologue! OMG, the prologue is so so good!! I love it so much!! (You'll find an excerpt of the prologue down below 😉😉) Ms. Scheuerer has taken the story to a whole new action-packed, tension-filled level, full of continuously rising stakes and gut-wrenching plot twists. I love t
Tracey
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
UPDATE:

I received an e-ARC of this novel in exchange for an honest review. I would like to thank Helen for offering me the opportunity to read and review her series. It has been a journey.

This review also appears on: http://www.printedwordsand.com/2019/0...

War of Mist is the finale to The Omerere Chronicles, and I can wholeheartedly say I loved every moment of it. I wasn’t sure how the third novel would turn out after reading the last two and felt as though I enjoyed it but didn’t fall in love
Pretty Bibliophile
Format: Kindl ebook
Language: English
No. of pages: 500

My review:
I received a digital copy of this via my participation in a blog tour organized by Shealea from ShutUpShealea. Thank you, Helen Scheuerer and Talem Press!

War of Mist is the third and final installment in the Oremere Chronicles by Helen Scheuerer. I have loved and given 5 stars to the first book – Heart of Mist, as well as the second – Reign of Mist.

Thi
Abby
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a journey. What a series. What an author. 👏

Not since the Lord of the Rings have I been this invested in a group of merry misfits and their journey across the continents! Our drunk pickpocket has certainly come a long way since Heart of Mist, and it is her physical and emotional journey that is one of the many things that has made this series so fantastic.

War of Mist was a worthy conclusion to what has been an epic series. From the breathtaking world building, the badass women, the characte
Asia
Jul 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
So much happened in this book, the build up to the ending. It was almost perfect, except one thing at the end, I don't agree with how it was handled... (view spoiler)

Bleak and Casimir must find Tailor in order for their plan to succeed so they journey back to Heathton, but the city has much changed.
Swinton and Fiore have a long way to journey with the royals, and they're trouble is far from over.
Henri and Sahara battle as their views for their mother colide, but
Shomeret
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book from the author for review.

I found War of Mist faster paced with more emphasis on action than the earlier books in the trilogy. Sometimes it seemed as if the characters were racing toward their separate destinies. The faster pace is dictated by the story that's being told in this novel. It's a war for the souls of the peoples in Scheuerer's world. It would be difficult for the stakes to be any higher. My choice to read the previous novels in the trilogy allowe
stephanie
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was generously gifted to me as an Arc by the Author for an honest Review.

WAR OF MIST by Helen Scheuerer is the Third installment in her fabulous fantasy series

This Book surpassed my expectations as to what i thought was going to happen.It will certainly keep you on your toes till the very end. You just get this feeling when reading with any book of Helen's, It was addictive, fast paced and so full of action I was completely enthralled.

You pick up right where Reign of Mist leaves of a
Hannah
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An epic conclusion to an epic series. It was a wild ride that’s for sure!

I’m going to miss these characters. But even as we say goodbye to them, something tells me we haven’t quite seen the last of this fantastical world...
Gill
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such an excellent ending to a fantastic trilogy.
Full review to come.
Danielle
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: recent-faves, 2020
Such an underrated series which completely stuck the landing. Although the ending was completely satisfying I wouldn’t object to more from this world and characters
Angie
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
An amazing and satisfying conclusion. Full review to come!
Dharcey
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Great Ending To A Great Series

I stated this series coming to the end of 2019 and as soon as i started it i was desperate to read more. The characters in these books really stay with you. They’re written well and develop all the way through the books, the growth and experiences they undertake are felt by the person reading it. Now that i’ve finished this series i’m devastated but also feel very fulfilled and satisfied by how it ended. I truly would recommend this series to anyone who loves fan
Stephanie
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG THIS WAS SO SO GOOD. Full review to come but be warned, it will be me gushing about the beauty of this book
Trisha
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It did take me ages to finish this series, but that doesn't mean I didn't love it. It's certainly an epic drama, with scenes I could picture in my head as part of a TV show or movie series. It's full of adventure, magic, drama, sadness, and kick-arse characters. I like the fact that there are so many strong female characters in the books - of course there are plenty of strong male characters too, but it's great to have a balance and a focus on women's points of view for much of the story.

Like an
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Relic (The Relic Trilogy #1)
  • The Ninth Sorceress (The Price of Magic, #1)
  • Spy's Mask (The Aermian Feuds #5)
  • Paths of Malice (The Venatrix Chronicles, #3)
  • Daughter of Shades (The Venatrix Chronicles, #1)
  • Visions of Fate (The Venatrix Chronicles, #2)
  • Dance of Souls (The Venatrix Chronicles, #4)
  • Tears of Dust (The Venatrix Chronicles, #5)
  • The Hunt (The Twisted Kingdoms #1)
  • Curse Breaker (Kingdom of Runes, #2)
  • When Wishes Bleed (When Wishes Bleed, #1)
  • Oath Taker (Kingdom of Runes, #1)
  • Queen of Poison (The Venatrix Chronicles, #6)
  • Court's Fool (The Aermian Feuds #6)
  • Mageborn
  • King Maker (Kingdom of Runes, #3)
  • Riven (The Relic Trilogy, #2)
  • Crown of Nightmares (The Venatrix Chronicles, #7)
Helen Scheuerer is the YA fantasy author of the bestselling novels, Heart of Mist, Reign of Mist and War of Mist. These books are part of the trilogy, The Oremere Chronicles. The series has been highly praised for its strong, flawed female characters and its action-packed plots. It has often been likened to Sarah J Maas' Throne of Glass series, and the epic #girlpower film, Wonderwoman.

Helen’s lo

The Oremere Chronicles (3 books)
  • Heart of Mist (The Oremere Chronicles, #1)
  • Reign of Mist (The Oremere Chronicles, #2)