Start by marking “A Box of Memories” as Want to Read:
A Box of Memories

A Box of Memories

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  2 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Many of the short stories herein are inspired by memories I have of events in my life or related events I’ve witnessed or read about. Family is important to me so many stories are about relationships, love, sharing and giving, overcoming difficulties. Read about an older man and an abandoned baby. His last days. Three men acting like boys. Ten year old boys and the trouble ...more
Kindle Edition
Published April 2nd 2019 by South Branch Scribbler

To ask other readers questions about A Box of Memories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Box of Memories

really liked it 4.00  ·

James Fisher
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Allan's Box of Memories holds all kinds of stories, many are too short; the reader wants more (at least this reader did), and some point toward further stories, such as The Honey Trap (a future Drake Alexander mystery adventure?) and The Shattered Figurine, about a serial killer called the Unicorn. I purchased the Kindle edition, which was only $4 at the time. Great value for the money, and it should entice you to read his full-length Drake Alexander novels Wall of War and Dark Side of a Promise ...more
Hugh Roberts
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full of short stories inspired by memories or the related events of the author's life, A Box Full of Memories is an entertaining read that is a pleasure to read. Some of the characters are found in more than one story, each of whom the author bought to life from the way he described them.
Although some of the descriptions were a little overdone, I still found myself immersed in the stories. There was only one story I couldn't get into, but it did not stop me reading the rest.
Of all the stories,
Patrick Murtha
marked it as to-read
May 27, 2019
I live on the east coast of Canada where the moody waters and fabulous sunrises inspire me. I'm married to a wonderful lady, Gloria.

I love reading and writing.

My short story The Ship Breakers received Honorable Mention in the Writers Federation of NB short story competition and has been selected by McGraw-Hill Ryerson to be part of their iLit collection.

My short stories have been published on comm