Start by marking “Oberon Academy Book One: The Orphan” as Want to Read:
Oberon Academy Book One: The Orphan

Oberon Academy Book One: The Orphan

Sometimes the ones who save us are the ones we need to fear the most.

In a world where dark faeries have stepped in to save the planet from humanity’s mistakes, seventeen-year-old December Thorne is nothing but a shadow. Shunned by her peers, bullied at school, and paid a little too much attention by her sleazy foster father, she lives in constant fear and perpetual solitu
Published May 21st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Oberon Academy Book One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oberon Academy Book One

G.K. DeRosa
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you guys love Harry Potter and faeries, you're totally going to fall for Oberon Academy! When a lovable orphan with a really terrible life gets sucked into a world of faeries and magic, a wonderful story ensues. The author does a great job of bringing you right into the story, experiencing all the crazy emotions that December feels when she gets an invitation to the mysterious Oberon Academy. Nothing is as it seems and more importantly neither is she. Within the walls of the school, she finds ...more
Christa
Oberon Academy is a decent, if not formulaic YA fantasy novel.

December is a foster child, living in obscurity. After a troubling incident in school, she gets offered a scholarship to Oberon Academy. She catches the attention of the popular boy Easton and discovers more about herself.

I’m older than the target audience, but I think this is pretty good younger YA fiction. So while I didn’t love it, I think teens will because they might not be as familiar with the genre as I am. This seems like a
Angela Armstrong
Slow start

I wasn't too sure about this book at the beginning. There was a lot of world building going on. But once the status quo was set, the real story began to shine through.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I'm looking forward to the next one.
Debbie Eyre
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG this is fantabulous! An academy that is a front for a training ground for a secret race of magical beings no one knows exists. WOW 😲 a well written storyline that just grabbed me from the start, I love the world building, love the characters, love everything about it and I can’t wait for the second book!
Kat Stiles
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this book, for so many reasons. The characters are wonderful - December being my favorite. I enjoyed watching her start out as essentially a victim, but then maturing, coming into her own power by the end. Easton is so dreamy and I'm looking forward to seeing that relationship blossom. The story line is captivating - it was easy to get lost in that paranormal world, and I had trouble putting the book down. The several nods to Shakespeare were also appreciated. :) Can't wait to read the next ...more
Adena
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dystopia meets faerie magic, and for good measure let's throw in a nod to Shakespeare! As may be obvious from the title, there's a hint of A Midsummer Night's Dream alluded to, with character names reminiscent of characters in that famous tale. There's even a hint of the mischevous ill-fated love in the backstory of one of the characters' ancestors, but I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's start at the beginning...

In a world where humans have destroyed the environment and are on the verge of extin
Eve Jones
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy of this book for an honest review.
This is my first book by Wendi Wilson, but most definitely will not be the last.
At first I wasn't too sure about this book and if I liked it. But before I realised it I was halfway through it and totally engrossed, to the point of not eating and forgetting my cups of coffee until they went cold 😁
This book is really well written and really intriguing, the story of December, the main character, is definitely full of twists and turns, and lo
Meredith Ansel
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m a big fan of Wendi Wilson. Her books are well written, incredibly creative and she keeps you reading straight through! I’ve never been disappointed buying a book of hers. I highly recommended her books to women of all ages! My 18 yr old daughter loves her books as well. It’s nice that we can be a mom/daughter book club.
The worst thing about this book is I have to wait for more in the series!!!
Seriously though, it is about magic & the supernatural realms, but Wendi doesn’t copy off anyon
Samantha Britt
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is very possibly my favorite book by Wendi L. Wilson. I love reading about Fae, and Ms. Wilson has spun a completely original and compelling plot line, and I cannot wait to see where she takes it! December Thorne is a completely relatable, yet unique character. Her background is heartwrenching, and her path to overcoming her demons is amazing to read. So well written! I love the love interest and friendships she makes when she arrives at Oberon Academy. I'm excited for book 2! I highly reco ...more
Alex
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What can I say to give this book justice? Was waiting for the book to come out and the wait just made it that much better.
At first I was thinking the story was going to be slower, but the storyline picked up pace when December came face to face with the truth and everything is always made easier with a mysterious boy viaing for her attention and a best friend that's one of a kind. The book was a roller coaster ride for December and me, that I had to know what happened. I read it in 1 day.
Can't w
Nikki Horne
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm usually a RH gal but omg.
December is an orphan who has been passed around all her life.
Her seedy foster parents are god awful.
Seeing no other option, she accepts an offer to go to Oberon Acedemy for an escape.

She finds out she's different, WOW.
Then gets a romantic interest which is cliche from this genre and you don't know much about this love interest.

Yeah whatever,
However as much as I want to know about the guy, it's all about her which is great. So much mystery and surprise that you m
Kelly Stepp
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I'm completely blown away and dying for the next book! Wilson has a unique way of infusing emotions and possibility into her words, creating an immersive reading experience and leaving you questioning the plausibility of her stories. This one delivers with themes of perseverance, inner strength, friendship, and love despite the circumstances the characters face. I loved how relatable December was and completely fell head over heels for Easton. Shaela rocks it too! This is a must-read that w ...more
Mrs Rachel
A great read

I loved this book, following December through all her learning experiences and emotional upheaval. Then there’s her new friends and of course the bitchy girls, all beautifully written. December’s teenage angst is just multiplied by her situation but she’s beginning to find her inner strength and it’s wonderful.
This is a new author to me but I look forward to reading more of her books.
Lori Smith
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A must read!!!!

This book is definitely a page turner! Couldn’t put it down, and give it 110%!! If you haven’t read Wendi Wilson’s other series- you must go and read them all because she nails it with all her books! She is def one of my most fav authors! Never disappointed and a true fan! 🖤
Michelle VanDaley
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am writing this review at 3am because this book had me so captivated I had a very hard time putting it down. I quickly became invested in December's journey. This book has it all - action, suspense, love, friendship & magic!! I cant wait to see where the author takes us in Book 2!!
Lea
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have voluntarily read and reviewed a copy of Oberon Academy Book One: The Orphan given to me by the author. The Orphan is the first book in the brand new Oberon Academy series and it was just a great way to start off. I just really enjoyed getting to enter this world and meet all of these wonderful characters. I will most definitely be reading more wonderful stories by this author.
Bunny
Shelves: 2019
Love this book. All the characters are wonderful, December, Easton, Shaela, Rowan. This book is really well written and really intriguing, full of twists and turns. Relationship between December and Easton is dreamy and Shaela rocks it too. Waiting for the book2!!!
Sam Cantwell
An exciting new series

December Thorne is a normal human girl, or is she? Her adventures at Oberon Academy, nrw friend, secrets, magic - this story has it all. A really good read with great characters
Bonnieville Mcblane
Amazing

Absolutely loved this. I was waiting for it to come out and so glad I did. Great book, it was heartwarming and tear jerking. Absolutely loved it! Can’t wait to see what happens next!
Jenna Lindemuth
Great first in series!

Great book with the theme of don’t judge a book by its cover! Coincidence, I think not. We always have a choice in life to be either good or bad. Beautifully written and intriguing start to what I think will be a great series. Kudos to the author!!
Kay Guelfi
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good twist

I enjoyed this book. The author had some moments of emotional connectedness with this reader. The plot moved along pretty well, and there was good development of the main character. Some further development of secondary charachters would improve the overall depth of the story. I look forward to reading the next book.
Jason
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
New take on fae and future earth

This is interesting story about a girl looking to belong and finding out the world is so much bigger. I am very interested in seeing where December takes us.
Melissa Hickman
Great book!!!!!

Absolutely great storyline!!! December is a fantastic heroine and I love how her confidence grows throughout the book. Easton is wonderful and I can’t wait to see how their relationship continues to develop!
Natalie
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book sooooooooooo much

I loved how the author did the book in such a way that you just had to love it. Thank you
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I liked this book, the struggles December went through and learning who she is. I can't wait to see what's next.
Judy Riddle
Wonderful!!

If you like Paranormal Academy type books then this ones for you. Enough twists to keep you wanting to turn the page to see what happens next
Jackie
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing series from this talented writer. Just perfect to get lost in and stay there forever. Can’t wait for the next book.
Adrienne McFarlane
Cool premise

This book is a blend of post apocalyptic and high magic. It is a unique and interesting blend of the two. A very enjoyable read
Kayla Jones
Awesome

I loved this book. The author is great at pulling you in to the story and making you want to keep reading .
Cindy Dillman
Oberon Academy

With the title, you just KNOW there will be Fairies - light and dark. A great story of rags (really) to Top Dog. Humor, strife, romance, danger - all good things.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Wendi Wilson is a mother to two rambunctious boys, a fat black cat, and a pup named Izzy. She spends her time watching her boys play baseball and football, volunteering for PTA, reading and writing.

She enjoys reading YA paranormal romance, NA romance, and dystopian novels. Her first book, Shadowed Strength, is the culmination of 20+ years of work, a dream finally realized.
“That’s where you’re wrong, December Thorne,” she said, gripping my shoulders. “You were practically pulled off the street and offered a full scholarship to Oberon Academy, which, by the way, happens like never. You’ve been here for two minutes and, not only has Professor Dobbs taken you under his wing—which is also out of the ordinary—but you’ve managed to intrigue Easton Oberon.” She tilted her head down, staring deep into my eyes. “I’d say you’re pretty damn special.” 0 likes
“Robin Goodman” 0 likes