Start by marking “Life as a Mini Hero” as Want to Read:
Life as a Mini Hero

Life as a Mini Hero

Being a hero is hard! Check-out these mini heroes as they ride the emotional rollercoaster of life. You’ll see.

Clad in bright suits that bespeak their daring deeds, these mini heroes live their daily lives assailed by all sorts of difficulty and disaster. Whether jumping rope on the playground, eating towers of ice-cream, or hanging upside-down from the ceiling, they are
Published September 10th 2019 by Enchanted Lion Books (first published 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Life as a Mini Hero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life as a Mini Hero

Start your review of Life as a Mini Hero
Jon Nakapalau
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The days when a towel was a cape and you were a superhero...brought back lots of nice memories.
Cassie
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Even superheroes get bored, have to deal with the weather and feel misunderstood. Cute book.
Jean
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Laugh out loud!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Meghan
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an ARC from Enchanted Lion Books in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

This book was beyond adorable and I loved every single page and word. A lot of little children will go crazy for this book due to the popularity of superheroes and the action stories that go with them. I also love the cross reference with reality such as loving and not loving the weather and hating impostors and how adorable that was stru
Kristina Jean Lareau
For all the mini heroes I meet everyday, this is the book for you.
Andréa
Note: I accessed a digital review copy of this book through Edelweiss.
vostendrasamigosyotengolibros
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-books
It's a cool and fun book I think that many children can relate with it.

Thank you Edelweiss+ for the DRC.
Carol Tilley
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, kids
Charming.
Anna
Feb 22, 2020 rated it did not like it
About a bunch of poorly behaved rotten children being presented in well illustrated, ironic way. I imagine the parent is supposed to laugh, but I was too busy trying to explain why the kids were so sad/frustrated/“misunderstood” in the drawings instead of matching the words being read about them being “heroic”.
Becky B
A tongue in cheek description of what it is like to be a mini hero and the challenges they face.

Some of these pages I found humorous, other pages just made me scratch my head (I blame translation issues). Overall, it was probably a 2.5 for me so I'll round it up to a 3.
Jess
Nov 14, 2019 rated it liked it
November 2019 - I checked this one out to see if I want to purchase it for the library, and I always love Tallec's illustrations but wanted more story (and I think most superhero fans want more action than introspection, and this is more thoughtful than action-packed). ...more
Kristen Thorp
Dec 06, 2019 rated it liked it
284/365
Pinky
Jun 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
نسيبة العزيبي
I like Olivier Tallec’s books. I read them with great enthusiasm, but this one failed short I’m afraid. The text was brilliant, the illustrations were cute but the two did not quite fit.
Apr 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Life according to children who think they are their favorite superheroes. You can really imagine them thinking some of these things.
Vica
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
For every little superhero
Miss Sarah
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Two superhero's describe their duties in life but are they really superhero's or just kids? Preschool and up ...more
Erin Darmody
Jul 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: daphne2020
Felt very unfinished and missing elements. A cute concept but I think the author missed the target.
Chris

• Please Don't Eat Me
  • The Three Billy Goats Buenos
  • Pokko and the Drum
  • Cat Dog Dog: The Story of a Blended Family
  • The Three Little Yogis and the Wolf Who Lost His Breath: A Fairy Tale to Help You Feel Better
  • Once Upon a Goat
  • Hum and Swish
  • The Man Who Walked Between the Towers
  • How to Read a Book
  • No More Naps!: A Story for When You're Wide-Awake and Definitely NOT Tired
  • Violet Shrink
  • Who Wet My Pants?
  • Run, Sea Turtle, Run: A Hatchling's Journey
Olivier Tallec was born in Brittany, France, in 1970.

Tallec graduated from the École Supérieure des Arts Appliqués Duperré in Paris and worked in advertising as a graphic designer before devoting himself to illustration. His work has appeared in many newspapers and magazines, and he has illustrated more than sixty books for children. Olivier Tallec lives in Paris.

News & Interviews