Start by marking “Who's a Good Boy” as Want to Read:
Who's a Good Boy

Who's a Good Boy

(Dog in This Fight #1)

Hazel Rivera was an untouchable small-town princess… but that summer five years ago, she was mine.

All it took was a few hours of hell to destroy the heaven we built.  I left Shippensburg with nothing but the shirt on my back and my dog at my side.  Leave or die, and ruin the lives of everybody I cared about at the same time.  There was no choice.

Now I’m back.  I need to fi
Published April 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Who's a Good Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who's a Good Boy

Start your review of Who's a Good Boy
Judith
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Over 18s.
Shelves: finished-reading
Superb novel, couldn't put it down. This is a really good book. I enjoyed the humour of it, the easy flowing conversation and the author's style of writing is a complete page-turner. Whereas I also like escapist billionaire stories with an irresistible alpha male, I welcomed a change from the usual, for the main characters, particularly Jeff come from a different background. It is not just an erotic but an emotional novel as well and I was amazed how well the writer described human feelings and ...more
Lauren
Who’s a good boy is the first book of Ada Scott’s that I have read. I found the writing style easy to follow, the characters likeable and the storyline entertaining. This book is short, mixed paced and intriguing. I read this book in one sitting and was satisfied throughout. This book jumps from past to present quite a bit but the past is important in getting and understanding of the characters. I just wish that there were a little more of the present than there was of the past. I really liked H ...more
Lynne Cuda
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jeff had a crush on Hazel from a distance for a long time. He knew he had a bad reputation in town, partially deserved, mostly misunderstood. In fact Hazel, hated him because she heard a rumor that he was into fighting dogs. How could he!?!?? Then Jeff's rottie Chopper jumped the fence as she walked by and Jeff went running, but Hazel realized that the big dog just wanted her to pet him! And she met Jeff. And she realized how he also had been misunderstood, even by her. The next day she brought ...more
M Hurford
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Difficult Reading at Times but Worth It.
Who’s a Good Boy - Dog in This Fight #1, by author, Ada Scott. Warning for all dog lovers...there is a pet’s death.
This is not a light and breezy love story. There is violence toward protagonists, Hazel and her four year old daughter, Sienna and animals. The storyline flips back from fours past to present. There is a bad family, the Poppletons, who has pretty much been able to run the town they way they want to even if that means poisoning the neighboring
Kristen Lewendon
May 20, 2019 rated it liked it
A small-town second-chance romance. I can’t call it sweet, because there’s not a lot of sweetness about it. The main villain of the piece is especially loathsome and scenes with him are very difficult to read. I loved the pets and Sienna is just about the cutest thing imaginable – she is everything sweet in this story. Jeff is way more complex than the simple “bad boy” label suggests, and I think he got the shortest end of the stick in this deal. Hazel confuses me. I don’t remember finding any e ...more
Laure
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Who's a good boy?", in this case it's Ada Scott, to understand that question you will have to read this wonderful book, I loved it.
Hazel and Jeff were young and in love and had made plans for their lives together. Unfortunately, Jeff is run out of town by Hazel's would be suitor and his corrupt uncle, the sheriff. Jeff told them he would never be back, but after his father's death he needs to take the time to clean out his father's house. Hazel and Jeff realize that they still love one another
💋Meme Chanell Book Corner💋
This story was something like Romeo and Juliet but without death and a secret child. Jeff the bad boy of town was forced to leave or suffer the consequences. He left with only the shirt on his back and his loyal Rottweiler Chopper.

Hazel defied her parents and dated the bad boy until he left. She was expected to marry and date the richest wine maker of their town James, but she disliked him and at first she also disliked Jeff until she got to really know him and the rumors spread about home were
Emily Pennington
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I read tons of books and count this one as one of the really good ones I've read this year. The characters, Jeff and Hazel – and even James -- are well developed and believable. The intriguing plot covers a gamut of emotions – pain, betrayal, confusion, anger, hatred, and love. The actions of despicable James will have the reader shaking a fist and cursing at him, hoping that he does not get what he wants with Jeff out of the picture.

The two main characters cope with an emotional situation of de
Maloma
May 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Interesting way of telling a story of Hazel and Jeff about their earlier life and the beginning of their romance. There were dual POV’s but the alternating of the timeline between past and present was confusing and disruptive of the stories flow. A straightforward recanting would have been less disruptive. The title can be referring to not just the dog, Chopper, but it’s owner Jeff, who really was not your typical bad boy even with tattoos and supposed bad rep. Hazel was said to be the town’s go ...more
Sammyll
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovable main characters Hazel & Jeff meet and change their perception of one another and fall in love! Their love was torn in many ways coming from different backgrounds. Jeff is a perfect Alpha male protective, and caring, their story takes many turns keeping the reader engaged with the fast paced storyline. As always Ada keeps you engaged and wanting more with her hot guys and determined ladies! A feel good story that touches on abuse and manipulation, but has a HEA.
Well worth reading, don’t h
Zelda
May 23, 2019 rated it liked it
This is the second chance romance of Hazel & Jeff. I loved the storyline, and all the obstacles this couple had to overcome to be together. There was teenage romance, an awesome dog, action, danger, and true love that could not be denied. I loved the characters and found them to be relatable and well-developed. What interrupted my reading flow was the alternating POV, while also alternating between past & present. I don't normally mind this method, but in this instance it felt disruptive. It was ...more
Keiichi
May 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Tracey
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one angsty & intense romance.💓💑💓

Hazel and Jeff were two kids who lived next to each other but were worlds apart. Until the day Chopper, Jeff's dog, jumped the fence to meet Hazel as she walked home. Sometimes it just takes a friendly dog to drop all the walls and take a chance at something new. But this book has some twists and dark turns for them to get through before they can have their happily ever after.💗🔥💔💕

I really enjoyed this book because it had an intense storyline that kept me g
Pelusa Rivera
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
We have lies and betrayal in this second chance love story. . Years ago Jeff and Hazel were an item and after so many lies thrown at them Jeff leaves town along with Hazel without any answers and word that he was leaving. He returns after four years wanting to know what had happened and ends up getting a surprised and what he thought was the truth was not. The book goes from the past to the present and while we or me felt like we needed more present we did need to know what had happened. And boy ...more
DeAnna
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
My favorite bad boy gets a mention here, plus I was able to connect Jeff to him.
This book is told in past and present by both POVs. So much happens to these two it's very heartbreaking. There were things I loved about this book plus things I didn't like (which I will not spoil). It's pretty fast paced once it gets going. You have good guys, bad guys, and just pure evil which is so an Ada Scott book. Lots of action in the end and our couple gets a HEA but at what cost. Well written and worth a re
Mary
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is intense from beginning to end. First time reading anything by this author and was pleasantly surprised. It was intricately and tightly woven around a rich girl and a poor boy. But besides the usual prejudice you’d expect in a story, this one engulfed you in the lives of the characters to the point you feel whatever they’re feeling. More than the steaminess between Hazel and Jeff is the suspenseful and violent events that will keep you on the edge of your seat.

I received a free copy
Margaret McGovern
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Excellent small town romance with intrigue and suspense. The blurb gives a tidbit of what readers can expect. The story goes back and forth from the past to the present. That was the only issue that I had because each chapter was where the main character is reliving the past then going forward. It’s a contemporary mainly young adult cast of characters. The characters and story line were good. I received a complementary copy of this book via Booksprout and chose to write a review. I look forward ...more
Melissa
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: booksprout
Dual point of view that transitions from past to present. Hazel is from the second richest family in her town and Jett was the misunderstood bad boy whose father lost it all to the bottle. Their relationship was everything to them but it's not what her parents wanted nor what the guy they keep throwing her way will allow. Five years and a secret baby, can they beat those against them and leave it all behind?
Fast-paced with a roller coaster of emotions, some drama, passion and love.

I received a f
Debra Richardson
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is absolutely fantastic! It is beautifully written with a well-developed, consistent, and engaging plot that will grip you from beginning to end. There is drama, suspense, violence, twists and turns, nefarious acts, ups and downs, witty banter, and humour; an on the edge of your seat read, heart-wrenchingly beautiful and emotionally deep. The chemistry between Hazel and Jeff is potent and off the charts. Do not miss out on this great book, it is a must read!

I received a free copy of th
Tabitha Motilal
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Forever Young
by Tabitha Motilal

Hazel and Jeff are you and in love. A typical Romeo and Juliet story, one from a good family the other from the wrong side of the tracks. Ppl do grow apart for various reasons. Fast forward they meet again and the same ppl try again to sabotage the couple. I did have a sense that the story dragged for awhile, but I loved the back story. The dogs Molly and Chopper were cute.

Jo-Ann Forrest
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is story is pain, betrayal, hate and love. Jeff has been in love with Hazel since they have been young and four years ago, he had to leave town. Hazel is left alone and pregnant but the neighbor's son James, has also been in love with her and wants her at any price. He abuses her and mistreat her, but get away with it until Jeff returns. Jeff is angry with Hazel and hurt, but what started out as vengeance soon turns into something else. The story is intense and entertaining.

I received a fre
Carole Mckee
May 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Gripping Story

I loved this book. Hazel and Jeff are young and in love. They plan on spending their life together, but too many people don't want it to be that way. Mark's father tries to push her into dating James, the son of the wealthiest vineyard owner in the area. Jeff disappears, but now he is back, and he wants answers. As the story unfolds, the horrible people behind his disappearance are back on the scene. This time they are playing for keeps. Wow! I couldn't put this book down!
Anne Dwyer
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hazel loved Jeff - but he disappeared before she could tell him that she was expecting their baby. James is insisting on marrying her - he is abusive, and Hazel doesnt know how to fight him - until Jeff comes back to town. Secrets will be revealed, and she will learn why he had left. Will they be able to make a life together with their daughter? Or will James win?

Becky
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily read and reviewed this as an ARC
Wow! Get ready to experience an emotional rollercoaster. Hazel and Jeff were once destined but thanks to greed and possessiveness of others in their lives they are manipulated and lose 5 years. Ada Scott set me down right into the middle of this story and had me sighing one moment and wanting to do physical violence in the next. Chopper stole my heart!
Treasa
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So DARN EMOTIONAL!
A non-stop bundle of of all the right emotions You want in a read. Entertainment laughs and heartfelt tears throughout this amazing read that at times was hard to put down! Passionate swoon worthy chemistry that you could feel the love joy and sadness radiating through the words. Dramatic twists with nail-biting suspense. I'm so glad I read this and have no qualms about recommending as a perfect must read.
Penny Ellgass
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hazel daughter of one of 2 rich families in town. All she wants is to be normal and get away from it all.
Jeff son of the man who drank his product and lost the vineyard. Jeff thinks she is perfect but unattainable, so he watch her from afar.
This is their journey, join them as they grow and learn about life, love, and the evil people are capable of.

Bev
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jeff and Hazel both came from different worlds. Her father owned a vineyard and his father worked at another one owned by James's parents. James wanted Hazel but she hated him and thought something was off about him. Her father wanted her to date and marry him. Hazel and Jeff had gotten together last summer but something bad had happened and Jeff was forced to leave town to protect his father. That is when Hazel found out she was pregnant. Fabulous story and highly recommended,.

Chelsea Ortiz-Gonzalez
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book gave me ALL the feels.
I dont think thete was a moment until the perfect ending I wasnt thinking..."and then?"
The steam, the sweetness, the romance, the anger, the tears and the heartbreak all rolled together to make Jeff and Hazels story one of my favorites. And believe me, that is saying something.
I would highly recommend this book.
Happy reading!
Rating 5 stars

Lara
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jeff and Hazel are from totally different worlds but when they talk they just click. Unfortunately, there is someone who doesn't want to see them happy.
Will they be able to resist their attraction or will their budding relationship be what drives them a part?
Exciting, scary, sad, and so much more you won't want to miss.

Adricrisuruta
Jun 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The author created a story that caught me from the first moment.
It was intense, tender, intriguing, and quite realistic. The bad guys paid and the good guys won without having to play super heroes, just human beings.
The only thing I do not forgive the author is the death of Chopper. Was not necessary to.
I would have liked to see a little more of her life during those two years until the epilogue.

• Just Another Chance (Brother's Best Friend, #2)
  • Double Full (Nice Guys, #1)
  • Unexpected Adventures (New Adventures Book 1)
  • Doll
  • The Color of Summer
  • Protected by You (SAPD SWAT #4)
  • Stalk Her
  • Halfway Girl (Girl, #2.5)
  • The Vow: A Student-Teacher Romance
  • Rafferty's Rules (Aussies, #3)
  • Unbroken (Loveless, Texas #0.5)
  • Broken Wings (Royal Bastards MC: Louisville, KY, #1)
  • Hot Mess
  • The Guy in the Window
  • Lock 'N' Load (Federal K-9, #1)
  • A King So Cold