Start by marking “Love from the Crayons” as Want to Read:

(Crayons)

Ring in Valentine's Day--and love--with the New York Times Best-Selling Crayons! This charming new title featuring everyone's favorite coloring crew is the perfect gift for that special someone on Valentine's Day--or any day of the year.

Love is yellow and orange. Because love is sunny and warm.
Love is purple. Because it's okay to love outside the lines.

This special gift
Published December 24th 2019 by Penguin Workshop (first published December 16th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Love from the Crayons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love from the Crayons

Start your review of Love from the Crayons
Jen
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short, sweet, and to the point. This will make kiddos giggle and one that parents will read multiple times in one sitting. The repetitiveness will be useful for early readers. A fun return of the crayons that children will love!
Madison
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
From the creators of The Day The Crayons Quit and The Day The Crayons Came Home, comes a new title that features the same band of loveable crayons with a simple story about love.

Love From The Crayons is not as detailed or complex a story as the first two books. Rather, it is a simple book, with one line of text per page that follows the same pattern “Love is brown...because sometimes love stinks”, starring the ironic crayons and matching crayon drawings.

It’s a great book for young fans of the
David
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't think that today my mind would be blown by a picture book about crayons. Yet here I am, emotionally moved by these simple messages about the many forms of crayon affection. Starting with a traditional red heart "Love comes in all shapes and sizes" to a charming "sunny and warm" there is quite the gamut depicted.

Recommended for children, adults, and more.
Panda Incognito
Some of the lines are cute; some of them don't make sense. Either way, it's an innocuous tribute to love that cashes in on the success of the Crayons series.
Anthony
Love is explained by the crayons from the crayon box. Love is all the colors one can think of.
Bookish Devil
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Upon finishing the book, I checked out the author's Goodreads profile and apparently, 'Love from the Crayons' is pretty much a bonus installment to an ongoing series that is centered around the crayons. This title is a perfect gift material that could be conferred to your dear one on the V-day or any day of the year. It explores the different hues of love and it left a warm, fuzzy feeling in my heart as I flipped the final page.
Shari
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrensbooks
Cashing in on the success of THE DAY THE CRAYONS QUIT. This one is a mediocre read aloud for Valentine’s Day.
Angie
Dec 26, 2019 rated it liked it
A Crayon book is always at least a little fun. This takes pics we know (not 100% sure on that but they seem repetitive from the old books if they’re not!) and repackages them into a “Love is ...” installment. Not sure I would have purchased it having seen it first but that’s the danger of preordering. For anyone not already familiar with the Crayons it could be a fun introduction. Just don’t stop here. No little “bits” to get lost like the Christmas book.
Debbie Tanner
This awesome new book by Drew Daywalt and Oliver Jeffers is a terrific new addition to the two books they've already created about crayons. This one is especially about love and what each color means about love. It's going to be a sensational mentor text because the text is simple but the ideas are really big, perfect for beginning writers. I can't wait to get this one in my library.
Michele
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I would like to thank Penguin Workshop for my e-copy.

I adore the "Crayon" books and this one is no exception. This will make a great Valentine's Day gift for anyone. The Crayons go through their box of colors and describe love. Cannot wait to purchase this one!
Lisa Burris
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Crayon series (The Day the Crayons Quit, etc.) has now become a franchise. The good thing, though, is that each of the new volumes stands up to the original books. In this one, presumably a Valentine's Day-related title, the various aspects of love are mentioned, as connected to colors. For example, "Love is black...because love isn't always bright and colorful." Kids will get a kick out of the book, but there is plenty to provoke thoughts in adults, as well.
Ellon
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, edelweiss
Note: I accessed a digital review copy of this book through Edelweiss

Very cute! Anyone who likes the original book (The Day the Crayons Quit) will find this book equally charming (and a bit funny as well).
Cheyenne
Jan 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Had some interesting ideas about love, not all of which made sense.
Andréa
Note: I accessed a digital review copy of this book through Edelweiss.
Anna
Dec 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Good for a baby read.
Anne
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-book
Read it. Nothing too deep but cute crayon illustrations of love in lots of colors.
Christina
Jan 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Very cute and sweet, but a tiny book that will be hard to use as a read aloud in school and that is not quite as clever as the other crayon books or The Legend Of Rock, Paper, Scissors.
Driana Pearlman
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
by Drew Daywalt & Oliver Jeffers

Not as hilarious as "The Day the Crayons Quit." but sweet and even poignant. Great gift book for anyone you want to share some love with!
M
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sweet addition to the "crayons" series. Love is many colors.
Karol
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love crayons!
Simple message covers a vast subject.
Stacy
Jan 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Clearly cashing in on the success of The Day the Crayons Quit . . . but I still liked it. I liked the pile of poop with fly buzzing above it on the brown page. All in all, a cute little book.
Laura Aldridge
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
This book is so sweet! I really love the simplicity of it. The straightforwardness and the adorable illustrations. Each colour loves in their own way and is a great concept for little ones to learn!
Cara
Jan 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
It was ok.
Teonna Taylor
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love From the Crayons shows how love can come from any color and how love can have different meanings.
Sam
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was ok
This one was...weird and not to the standard of the other crayon books :(
Megan McCloud
Jan 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
Brown made me giggle.
Rachel
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This, this was the cutest and is absolutely my favorite. I now have a need to buy a physical copy so I can read it to my Nieces/Nephew.

• The Cool Bean (The Bad Seed, #3)
  • The Serious Goose
  • The Perfect Seat
  • Home in the Woods
  • The Girl and the Dinosaur
  • A Book of Love
  • Are Your Stars Like My Stars?
  • Just Ask!: Be Different, Be Brave, Be You
  • Parker Looks Up: An Extraordinary Moment
  • A Stone Sat Still
  • The Brain is Kind of a Big Deal
  • With a Little Help from My Friends
  • Greta and the Giants: inspired by Greta Thunberg's stand to save the world
  • Unicorn Day
Ever since his childhood in one of Ohio’s most haunted houses, writer director Drew Daywalt has been writing escapist fantasy and building worlds of his own. With a degree in Creative Writing, and a concentration in Children’s Literature from Emerson College in Boston, Daywalt set off to Hollywood where he spent years writing for Disney and Universal on such beloved shows as Timon & Pumba, ...more

Crayons (9 books)