Start by marking “Clonedroid: The New Wave” as Want to Read:
Clonedroid: The New Wave

Clonedroid: The New Wave

He is humanity's crowning achievement. He is an intelligent, sentient being. And, he is about to be killed.

Created in the late 21st Century, Abe is the first cloned human android and a remarkable achievement in artificial intelligence and genetic engineering. He's also an innovative medical product that has embroiled the Multipurpose Android and Cloning Corporation in con
Published March 30th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Clonedroid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clonedroid

Start your review of Clonedroid: The New Wave
L.K. Simonds
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This novel, Bronson's first, whet my appetite for more sci fi. A lot more sci fi, which was my favorite genre as a kid, and which I'm rediscovering the joy of at the ripe age of...er...never mind. In his Masterclass on writing fiction, Dan Brown says to have a ticking clock. This novel has a clock that feels as if it's ticking off the hours of a death watch, right in the clonedroiod's head. Poor creature.

You can read the synopsis for Clonedroid elsewhere, but I do believe Bronson is onto a winni
dave cornell
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Superb!

One of the best sci-fi books I read in recent memory. The author has a great writing style, captures corporate and social dynamics, the characters are quite believable with strong real emotions, the main AI character is compelling, the science is solid and believable. Some very good discussions on the ethics of cloning and organ harvesting of potentially sentient beings. add a final dash of some philosophy and you have a fantastic read! I sure hope there's a sequel this would be a great s
Chad Parsons
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Super fun hard sci-fi novella in the vein of Asimov and Heinlein. Page turner all the way through, and I love that I couldn’t predict the ending.
Martin Von Cannon
I found Clonedroid to be a suspenseful and exciting read. The topic is relevant to modern times. It adds one more layer to the question, how long should a human live. With cloning, it could be forever. As long as you can afford it.
This also probes into the alternative idea of, if we clone, it is human. Or, on a metaphysical level, does it have a soul.
Abe is created as an experiment, but the timing couldn't be more off. The company that "owns" him falls under scrutiny for various legal matters an
InTheAmaZone
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic new "classic" hard science fiction

Opinion only - no story spoilers

This book was a treat to read. It reminded me of the classic hard sci find that used to be more prevalent. Like Asimov's later writing in style, but with Crichton's technical detail. It even has the social commentary typical of classic sci fi, along with real science. At the mid point of the book, I couldn't put it down and finished in one shot. Hopefully we see more of this.
Arnie Postier
Lani
marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2019

• Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance
  • The Wolf Gift (The Wolf Gift Chronicles, #1)
  • The Wolves of Midwinter (The Wolf Gift Chronicles, #2)
  • The Witching Hour (Lives of the Mayfair Witches, #1)
  • Lasher (Lives of the Mayfair Witches, #2)
  • Leaders Eat Last
  • Varina
  • The Mirror & the Light
  • The Ramayana: A Modern Retelling of the Great Indian Epic
  • Time's Convert
  • The Truth Will Out: Unmasking the Real Shakespeare
  • Ghosts of Men (Galactic Assault Book 1)
  • Me Talk Pretty One Day
  • Dropship (Forsaken Mercenary #1)
  • Lincoln in the Bardo
  • Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly
  • 3zekiel
  • Book Signings: How to Set Up Your In-Store Author Event and What to Do While You're There!
1 follower
Cate Bronson is a Canadian-American author and Writer’s Digest mainstream literary short story winner. She is also a political science graduate, and investment accountant turned writer of science fiction and narrative nonfiction. Cate has authored stories and articles for a variety of publications. In 2018, she became a contributing author to Chicken Soup for the Soul.

Her love for science and fic

News & Interviews