House of Earth and Blood
Bryce Quinlan had the perfect life—working hard all day and partying all night—until a demon murdered her ...more
Win a Copy of This Book
Format: Print book
Giveaway ends in:
Availability: 15 copies available, 41 people requesting
Giveaway dates: Feb 24 - Mar 02, 2020
Countries available: U.S.
Since this is New Adult, I'm begging SJM to stop using weirdly elaborate euphemisms to describe a man's genitalia and just say "cock". Please. I can't take another "velvet wrapped steel". I'm not strong enough. Also, please don't refer to people as male and female. What is this? Animal Planet?
LOOOOOOOK AT THIS COVER!!!!
Best SJM cover. The detail!
Well, this news just made my day! NEW MATERIAL FROM SARAH J MAAS!
I can’t wait to see how she ventures into Adult Fantasy!
You can read more about it here:
I hope Maas does a Sanderson and releases books every year from here on out. ...more
Fuck my life, This is the most beautiful cover I’ve ever seen ...more
• badass heroine. she's so special, so beautiful
• everyone is in love with her
• love interest #1 introduced, actually a nice relationship
• but wait
• FAE (oh sorry, it's sidhe now i guess)
• love interest #2 introduced; alpha male (totally
• something about a mate bond
• shows abusive tendencies towards MC but that's okay because he has a ~troubled~ past and all transgressions are forgiven
• as a matter of fact, those abusive actions are portrayed as swoony-worthy and ...more
I'm in love with this gorgeous cover! <333
Gosh! Whoever drew this is an amazing artist!
Now I can't wait to hold this in my hands! =)))
Just when I started to wonder what I'm going to do with the rest of my life after I'm done with Sarah's "Throne of Glass" series I saw this on my feed!
Call it fate or divine intervention, either way I'm more than just ready for this! XD
Bring it on, Sarah! Let us suffer, love, hope and dream once ...more
(My problem is not with the fact that some find SJM books problematic but with the fact that they judge other readers and attack us for enjoying them!!)
Wow, that was a RIDE! First things first:
1) You can see my reading vlog on my YouTube channel HERE: https://youtu.be/TkCRid7deIs
2) No, there actually isn't all that much smut in this book. A few steamier scenes very late in the book that are quite tame and serve for needed character/relationship development. There are a lot of references to sex throughout and the MC Bryce (half-human, half-Fae, supposed party girl but with unexpected depths and a complicated background) ...more
“His voice was silky, deep and completely certain. Bryce was sure he could make someone come with a whisper in their ear.”
ah shit here we go again
all her other covers have been cancelled
also, this is labeled under new adult and i just...don't want to read more...disturbing fae sex like pls i'm just so,,,tired
things i hope this book Does Not Have (at all but probs will)
- disturbing sex scenes
- too many sex scenes
- fae sex
- sex in general
- a so beautiful and badass but in reality is such a cry baby and is so weak protagonist
- a love interest that begins wanting to insert himself into the female lead within ...more
what's going to make this "adult fantasy" (as compared to her previous work)? her YA series already have sex, mature themes, and characters older than a lot of YA protagonists (as in, 500+ years old).... i'm just wondering i guess \_(ツ)_/
(it's probably gonna have more smut isn't it)
(and smut) ...more
update: May 29, 2019:
AND WE HAVE A COVER
AND I'M OBSESSED
I love this cover so much this is so perfectly fitting with my aesthetic I can't handle it ...more
Anyone else think it's going to get tons of praise regardless of ...more
this cover: *exists*
me: holy mother of all that is delicious and sweet and also bloody WHAT WHAT *dies*
also me: *comes back to life* no, seriously, there was so much that made me doubtful about this book BUT I WILL EAT IT IF ONLY FOR THAT COVER, now excuse me until January *goes back to dying*
• • • • •
[3 Apr 2019]
The release has been pushed back to January 28, 2020??? More than four months??? What the heck.
I think our dear ol' Sarah is finally feeling the pull of so many works in ...more
I wasn't entirely sure what to expect going into this, but by the end, I was hooked!
Sarah J. Maas has painted a rather pretty world in Crescent City, a town filled with various supernatural creatures, where a shocking and brutal murder shocks everyone. It really is Jessica Jones meets True Blood. You'd think it would fall into the usual crime/mystery supernatural buddy-cop kind of book, but it manages, ...more
Sarah lives in Bucks County, PA, and over the years, she has developed an unhealthy appreciation for Disney movies and bad pop music. She adores fairy tales and ballet, drinks too ...more