Start by marking “House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1)” as Want to Read:
House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1)

House of Earth and Blood

(Crescent City #1)

#1 New York Times bestselling author Sarah J. Maas launches her brand-new CRESCENT CITY series with House of Earth and Blood: the story of half-Fae and half-human Bryce Quinlan as she seeks revenge in a contemporary fantasy world of magic, danger, and searing romance.

Bryce Quinlan had the perfect life—working hard all day and partying all night—until a demon murdered her
Expected publication: March 3rd 2020 by Bloomsbury Publishing

To ask other readers questions about House of Earth and Blood, please sign up.
Hillary mullins Based on the brief book synopsis and the fact that it said the main character is half human half Sidhe I did do a bit of research to figure out what…moreBased on the brief book synopsis and the fact that it said the main character is half human half Sidhe I did do a bit of research to figure out what it might be about. Sidhe is an Irish word which refers to a particular race of fairies that had powers including the ability to shapeshift and were thought by some to be the decedents of minor deities or gods. Either way, I'm definitely interested to find ourr more about it. It is going to be released late 2019 (less)

Start your review of House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1)
Ishmeen
Mar 01, 2017 marked it as to-read
me on an everyday basis: I’m so over angels and demons tbh
me after the official synopsis release of Crescent City: I WILL READ ANYTHING THIS WOMAN WRITES SIGN ME UP FOR ANGELS AND SHAPESHIFTERS YAS
Nick
Oct 14, 2018 marked it as to-read
I am sure this will be 800+ pages long and way more complicated than my biology textbooks.
Kai
Jan 14, 2019 marked it as maybe
SJM: faerie-folk! winged warriors! a vibrant city! a world on the brink of war! heart-pounding romance!
everybody: ACOTAR!
SJM: wut?
everybody: wut?
Chaima ✨ شيماء
watching everyone get excited about a new SJM book is like being the only person sober while everyone else is on LSD

but the temptation is too great
Warda
May 16, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Pre-reading raves!

LOOOOOOOK AT THIS COVER!!!!
I cry.

Best SJM cover. The detail!

---------------------------

Well, this news just made my day! NEW MATERIAL FROM SARAH J MAAS!
I can’t wait to see how she ventures into Adult Fantasy!

You can read more about it here:

I hope Maas does a Sanderson and releases books every year from here on out.
jessica
May 29, 2019 marked it as to-read
as someone who has historically disliked SJM covers, i am stunned.
this cover just added 10 years to my lifespan, cleared my skin, and watered my crops.
i am t h r i v i n g.
The Burning Rose (Jess)
Sep 06, 2019 marked it as to-read
Fuck my life, This is the most beautiful cover I’ve ever seen ...more
Miranda Reads
Nov 26, 2019 marked it as to-read
That cover! That description! My ever-dwindling bank account!

Should I...?

*preorders it*

Bills-schmills. I need Maas more than I need stability.

YouTube | Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Snapchat @miranda.reads
;3
Jan 18, 2019 added it
can't wait for the 7000 paged textbook about badly written sex and orgasms that make distant planets explode
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
BE STILL, MY BEATING HEART!!!
I'm in love with this gorgeous cover! <333
Gosh! Whoever drew this is an amazing artist!
Now I can't wait to hold this in my hands! =)))

_________________________________

Just when I started to wonder what I'm going to do with the rest of my life after I'm done with Sarah's "Throne of Glass" series I saw this on my feed!

Call it fate or divine intervention, either way I'm more than just ready for this! XD

Bring it on, Sarah! Let us suffer, love, hope and dream once
Breanna
May 17, 2018 marked it as hard-no
Series Predictions:

• badass heroine. she's so special, so beautiful
• everyone is in love with her
• love interest #1 introduced, actually a nice relationship
• but wait
• FAE (oh sorry, it's sidhe now i guess)
• love interest #2 introduced; alpha male (totally fae sidhe)
• something about a mate bond
• shows abusive tendencies towards MC but that's okay because he has a ~troubled~ past and all transgressions are forgiven
• as a matter of fact, those abusive actions are portrayed as swoony-worthy and
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
THIS FREAKING ARSE COVER!!

I’M SO EXCITED FOR THIS BOOK, I COULD FALL OVER!

The End!!

Mel
Melanie
May 16, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: fantasy, read-in-2020
[January 3rd, 2020] Bethany's Vlog has me so damn excited for this one!

[May 16th, 2018] I'm equal parts scared and excited.

Pinterest Board

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch
Chelsea Humphrey
Pre-order incentives include a limited, exclusive art print. Submit receipt HERE!

Just a reminder that it's still not March and I'm not happy about that.

*********************

THIS. This is what I've been waiting for SJM to write.

description
Hamad
May 28, 2019 marked it as to-read
Stop judging readers for reading SJM books (Because she is problematic) while you nearly worship J.K. Rowling and make her fortune grow to billions!

(My problem is not with the fact that some find SJM books problematic but with the fact that they judge other readers and attack us for enjoying them!!)
alana ♡
May 16, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: fantasy
AN ADULT FANTASY SERIES

WITH AN MC WHO WOULD BE FRIENDS WITH FEYRE & AELIN?!??

SIGN ME THE F UP.
Elena
May 22, 2016 marked it as to-read
this is sarah’s best cover to date

all her other covers have been cancelled

also, this is labeled under new adult and i just...don't want to read more...disturbing fae sex like pls i'm just so,,,tired

things i hope this book Does Not Have (at all but probs will)
- disturbing sex scenes
- too many sex scenes
- fae sex
- sex in general
- a so beautiful and badass but in reality is such a cry baby and is so weak protagonist
- a love interest that begins wanting to insert himself into the female lead within
Tara ☽
Apr 03, 2019 marked it as will-not-read
A basic title for an author of basic books.

Who wants to bet the MC will be super duper beautiful and 'sarcastic' and the best at everything she does, and the love interest will purr every other sentence?
Cardan Greenbriar
which Disney movie is this based on?
joanna ☽ the little brown fairy
this is super exciting and all but i have a question:

what's going to make this "adult fantasy" (as compared to her previous work)? her YA series already have sex, mature themes, and characters older than a lot of YA protagonists (as in, 500+ years old).... i'm just wondering i guess \_(ツ)_/

(it's probably gonna have more smut isn't it)

(and death)

(and smut)
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
Ahhhhh, we have a title and a release date!

update: May 29, 2019:
AND WE HAVE A COVER

AND I'M OBSESSED

I love this cover so much this is so perfectly fitting with my aesthetic I can't handle it
Kathryn Speckels (Metaphors and Miscellanea)
So uhhhh...anyone else have a nagging suspicion this is going to be 800+ pages of straight white people, lots of sex, toxic masculinity, unhealthy relationships, more sex, poor decisions, with a Mary Sue lead (who is *~so not like other girls~*) and a generic Hot-And-Angry-And-A-Dick-To-Everyone-Except-For-The-One-Girl-He-Likes love interest who everyone will fangirl over anyway, most likely because of all the aforementioned sex?

Anyone else think it's going to get tons of praise regardless of
Amy
Nov 04, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: no-release-date
OHMYGOD!! I just checked out the pintrest board and I don't want to get ahead of myself but... IS THIS A WEREWOLF BOOK?????????!!!!!!!!!!! There's multiple werewolfish pins on the board and the title has Crescent in it!!!! I may be totally over thinking this BUT HOLY SHIT I HOPE NOT!!

Mary S. R.
Apr 03, 2019 marked it as to-read
[29 May 2019]
this cover: *exists*
me: holy mother of all that is delicious and sweet and also bloody WHAT WHAT *dies*
also me: *comes back to life* no, seriously, there was so much that made me doubtful about this book BUT I WILL EAT IT IF ONLY FOR THAT COVER, now excuse me until January *goes back to dying*

• • • • •

[3 Apr 2019]
The release has been pushed back to January 28, 2020??? More than four months??? What the heck.

I think our dear ol' Sarah is finally feeling the pull of so many works in
Bethany
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

Wow, that was a RIDE! First things first:

1) You can see my reading vlog on my YouTube channel HERE: https://youtu.be/TkCRid7deIs

2) No, there actually isn't all that much smut in this book. A few steamier scenes very late in the book that are quite tame and serve for needed character/relationship development. There are a lot of references to sex throughout and the MC Bryce (half-human, half-Fae, supposed party girl but with unexpected depths and a complicated background)
Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ Campbell
Jun 02, 2019 marked it as will-read-if-cheap-or-freebie
Recommended to Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ by: Amanda ☕
Apparently people want to see me review this.

#ChallengeAccepted
Anika
Apr 04, 2019 marked it as to-read
Looks like they’re making up for the generic title with the most BEAUTIFUL cover!!

Uuuugh, I love Maas, but what is with all these generic YA fantasy titles?! “______ of _____ and ______”. And it almost always has the word “blood” in it.
Jeff
Nov 11, 2017 marked it as to-read
OMYGURD, WTH WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN OMGGGGGGGG

*adds to pile with bajillion other books*
✨ A ✨
Jun 17, 2017 marked it as future-stars
THAT COVER THO
__
JANUARY 2020???? Okay bye guys imma be in hibernation till then.
Goodreads Librari...: New Release Date 2 51 Jul 11, 2019 10:05AM

• Chain of Gold (The Last Hours, #1)
  • The Lost Book of the White (The Eldest Curses, #2)
  • The Black Volume of the Dead (The Eldest Curses, #3)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • Aurora Burning (The Aurora Cycle, #2)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • The Night Country (The Hazel Wood, #2)
  • Steel Tide (Seafire, #2)
  • Rising Silver Mist (The Lost Clan #3)
  • Untitled (Six of Crows, #3)
  • Chosen (Slayer, #2)
  • Chain of Thorns (The Last Hours, #3)
  • Kingdom of the Wicked (Kingdom of the Wicked, #1)
  • Rowan Wood Legends (The Lost Clan #2)
  • Untitled (The Wicked Powers, #1)
  • Fisiologia do Amor
  • Sparks of Light (Into the Dim, #2)
Sarah J. Maas is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Throne of Glass series (Queen of Shadows, Book 4, will be out in September 2015), as well as the A Court of Thorns and Roses series (out 5/5/15).

Sarah lives in Bucks County, PA, and over the years, she has developed an unhealthy appreciation for Disney movies and bad pop music. She adores fairy tales and ballet, drinks too

Crescent City (2 books)
  • Untitled (Crescent City, #2)