Start by marking “Agent Zero (Agent Zero Spy Thriller #1)” as Want to Read:
Agent Zero (Agent Zero Spy Thriller #1)

Agent Zero

(Agent Zero Spy Thriller #1)

In this much-anticipated debut of an epic spy thriller series by #1 bestseller Jack Mars, readers are taken on an action thriller across Europe as presumed-CIA operative Kent Steele, hunted by terrorists, by the CIA, and by his own identity, must solve the mystery of who is after him, of the terrorists’ pending target—and of the beautiful woman he keeps seeing in his mind. ...more
Published June 28th 2019

Start your review of Agent Zero (Agent Zero Spy Thriller #1)
Kathi Defranc
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing Story Of An Agent Like No Other!

What a stunning story as a professor,Reid Lawson, is attacked and kidnapped from his New York home while his two girls slept upstairs!! The terrorists who took him believe him to be Kent Steele, a lethal agent for the CIA, but Reid is so confused, You have the Wrong man!!!
An astonishing plot that keeps you guessing from one second to the next, with characters so well-developed you feel you are watching a movie play out before you!
If you enjoy thrillers,
Jim C
Jul 09, 2019 rated it liked it
I received this book thru a Goodreads giveaway in exchange for an honest review. I would like to thank the author and the publishing company for their generosity.

Actual rating is 3.5 stars

This is the beginning of a series. In this one, Reid Lawson is kidnapped from his home by terrorists as they believe that he is someone else. Reid starts remembering lost memories as he use to be a CIA agent. With the kidnapping, he is back in the middle of a terrorist plot which he is attempting to thwart.

This
Lewis Honor
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Holly Lane
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Initially thought it was going to be a Jason Bourne type of book. It was so much better! The storyline has a great progression making it very difficult to put down. Doesn’t get bogged down with irrelevant details making it easy to stay engaged. Very likable characters, easy to become invested in whatever their future storylines will bring. Definitely looking forward to the next one. As for this book, it’s a summer-time must read!!
Jane
Nov 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Reid Lawson is a professor of European history at Columbia university. His is widower with two teens.
One night he is abducted from his home by a group of Arab men. They move him to an undisclosed location in Paris, France.
His captors believe he’s a spy named Zero, so they torture to get him to disclose his real identity.

But Reid insists he’s just a professor. Or is he?
Susan
Oct 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Agent Zero is the first book in the Agent Zero Spy Thriller series. This can be read as a standalone. There is violence and torture. While parts of the book were good, I had to really suspend belief in the major premise. Don't think I'll read more of the series.
Andrea
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series is going to be FUN! I am already hooked. This book had me hooked within the first few pages. Imagine your life as it is today, only to find you actually have lived a life so completely different. Things you never recalled ever having done you do so effortlessly as muscle memory kicks in. Details of another time start filtering in; you feel like you are two people. I read the book within a day. Who needs sleep when you can watch a college professor struggle with the knowledge he was ...more
Kurt Corbit
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good thriller

Overall a good quick read, some minor issues on technical firearms details that only an enthusiast would notice. It was fast paced and keeps the readers interest. I will likely read more of the series.
Kathleen
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Excellent Intro to New Espionage Triller Series

New espionage thriller series by this author does not disappoint! This first book was excellently written with believable characters, twists and turns that don’t end, and no immoral sex or language. Thoroughly enjoyed this intro to the new series and look forward to the new book!!
Sandra
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Zero is a Nothing, Nada, Nil

Author Jack Mars was new to me so I had no expectations about “Agent Zero” other than, hopefully, a good espionage thriller. Did Mars deliver? Yes and no. The protagonist is a CIA agent who’s been living the quiet life as a widowed college history professor with two teenage daughters. Or he was until some middle eastern types yanked him from his home in the middle of the night & spirited him across the pond to a basement in Paris where they proceeded to
Greg
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whew!

When reading this book you should be advised to remember to breathe!

I cannot recall the last time I read a book when SOMETHING was happening on almost every darn page!

The principle character thinks he is a college teacher -- which he is! -- but he is also in the employ of the CIA and, as the book begins, he is someone whose memory of that aspect of his past has been suppressed.

The only caveat -- and it is really an ethical one for me -- is that this book is FULL of killings -- by gunshot,
Jeff Cochrane
Oct 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Zero zeroed out

To me, it was just an average story. Didn’t really care about the main characters. Zero’s habit of zoning out when he should be paying attention irritated me. The problems I had were that he released the safety on his Glock. They don’t have safeties. I know that is minor. Major problem was sending his daughters off by themselves to hide from everyone. They are 16 and 14. Their aunt was there and available to continue to help but he tells the kids to ignore her. That made no sense
Linda
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller, 2019
Where to begin.........................where to begin................?

Reid Lawson thinks he is just a professor of European History who is also a widower and father of two teen girls. But, one day, everything changes. He is kidnapped and is brought to the realization that he is really Kent Steele, the deadliest CIA operative the world has ever known.

It takes a while to discover the real truth of his existence, that his memories have been erased and that now he must save his own life, his
Gordon Hunter
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Zero complaints

I liked it - it was fun and very fast paced. Not so fast that we didn’t get to know the characters, letting us be a fly on the wall even as they were getting to know themselves.
I LOVED that it was didn’t turn into a “CIA is always the evil ones” and left political BS out of it all together. VERY refreshing and very real.
The weapons IQ was fair - except that NO military person, government or terrorist, would ever use an AR-15, which is a semi-auto hunting rifle at best .. I
Tanja Williams Hancock
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
CIA Super Secret Spy Thriller

Fantastic writing by Jack Mars in this CIA Spy Novel featuring Agent Zero aka Kent Steele. From the Bronx in New York to destinations across Europe, Agent Zero gets around. Unfortunately, his memory isn’t what it was but with help from Professor Reid Lawson, he can figure out the terrorist’s next step. I’m looking forward to the next book in this series. How will he explain the CIA to Maya? Will Sara be kept in the dark? Is their a romantic connection between him
Kaye Reyes
Oct 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Richard Burke
Sep 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Maybe it's me, but I like the books I read to be at least slightly credible. Sorry, this didn't do it for me.
The story was well written and raced along at a fast pace, but the underlying premise that a secret agent could live as a college professor with no memory of his previous life is totally unbelievable, especially when he has two daughters who apparently have no inkling about his previous vocation.
It held my interest enough to make it to the end, but I almost put it down several times along
Don
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mars grabs you in the first chapter and doesn’t let go. Before you know it you’re on a ride of what the hell is going on? Trying to figure it out and then you learn of Kent Steele, CIA agent, a real killer. How does Steele let the Amun assassin live (Rais) and why? He was pursuing all Amun’s guys and he knows he’s a killer, this is out of character. Plus he has no weapon and he can take out the Amun assassin (Rais) and be armed. A writing mistake of Mars! One must keep the character in ...more
Darlene
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mild mannered Professor Reid Lawson versus Aggressive Agent Kent Steele. This particular battle takes place inside his mind as repressed memories start to assert themselves.

For the Professor it is a nightmare. For the Agent its just another day on the job.

Non-stop action. Page turning intrigue. Peril and mistrust on every page.

It's been a long time since I stayed up all night reading a book. Agent Zero was worth it.

A must read for those who love spycraft, a good puzzle, or just a darn good
Theadora D. Murray
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hard to put down thriller

I thoroughly enjoyed enjoyed meeting Reid/Kent, professor, widower, loving father, and spy. It seemed as though the enemy was always one step ahead of him as he dealt with a faulty memory and not knowing who to trust. The action was fast paced, and the twists and turns of the story made it a hard book to put down. I cannot wait for Agent Zero's next adventure!
Jim B.
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another adventure thriller from Jack Mars. I have enjoyed his Luke Stone series and now I have started another. Agent Zero is a bit more reckless and wild, but perhaps attenuated by his Reid Lawson persona. It must be frightening; not only are people trying to kill him, but he is struggling with who he is - Agent Zero or Reid Lawson. Layered on top of that he is trying to stop a terrorist attack. Who can he trust? I am looking forward to the rest of the series.
Dave
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first in a new series from Jack Mars featuring Agent Zero. It is a well paced, well written thriller in a similar vein to the Bourne Identity. The main Character is multi dimensional and well developed throughout the book.
It is engaging right from the start and keeps you wanting to turn the page, just like all the other books Jack Mars has written. If you like Jack Mars previous works you will love this. If not it a good first book of his to read.
Cjmercik
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Agent Zero has some nice twists and turns. The Reid/Kent character is certainly the main one to follow. His dynamic duo personality comes into play very quickly in the story line. His concern for his family is first and foremost as he involves himself in unraveling his true identity. As his memory returns his actions speak truly louder than words. The tension of the story builds as the characters and body count build.
The first of a series that will (in my case) lead you to read the next in line!
Jacob Peled
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: _2019, 5-stars, terror-cia
After 20 bodies I stopped counting…The story itself can be used as a great script for an action movie. That mean we have a very fast pace story loaded with twists. I personally like the “conspiracy” type of stories. This one is loaded with it, maybe even a little too much of it, to the point that it becomes unbelievable (makes it a 4.75 point book). Bottom line, it was a very entreating story and highly recommended for action lovers
Dugald Caig
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People who like well crafted action thrillers e.g. Jack Reacher, Luke Stone & Jason Bourne fans
A superb, gripping thriller with many twists and turns that make compelling reading. Jack Mars introduces us to Agent Zero in a novel way and the other well developed characters while maintain a fast moving and captivating cohesive plot.
A real page turner that I didn’t want to put down and very much look forward to its sequel. As with his Luke Stone series Agent Zero has all the elements necessary for a Hollywood Blockbuster!
Shari Fitchet
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to win this book through a Goodreads giveaway and it didn't disappoint! Great thriller with twists and turns that make compelling reading. A real page turner that I didn’t want to put down and I'm already reading the sequel. I love the Luke Stone series and am looking forward to the Agent Zero series as well. Would recommend!
R.Ethiraj
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Break neck action and speed

Wow! Sure for a movie. Unbelievabley fast with well choriographed actions. One more action hero like scot harveth and jack reacher. Though you may feel of little bid uniformity to ' Bourn identity '
the story never gets slackened till start to finish.
kristal Booth
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!

I was hooked from the first page! This was fast paced and full of action. This is not your typical spy thriller. It is a one of a kind experience you do not want to miss! I enjoyed the book immensely. The characters are well developed and the language is clean. Definitely looking forward to more books from Jack Mars.

Kristal
Chris
Sep 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Despite the implausibility of the basic premise, and a few jarring clunky phrases which made me wonder who 'Jack Mars' really is, I was well on the way to rating this at least 4 stars. But the last quarter or so of the book is weaker, I was unable to totally suspend disbelief, and have to mark down to 3 stars.
Robert B. Carlsen
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Action Packed From Chapter One

Jack Mars has done it again! I'm hooked on in this new series before I have finished the Luke Stone series! Agent Zero has it all, from character development to action and suspense, and will cleverly lure the reader into following up on some unreso!ved issues. Jack Mars has defInitely become one of my favorite authors.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Rose City Free Fall (Dent Miller Thriller #1)
  • Once a Soldier
  • Sniper's Nest (Detective Jesse McCord #1)
  • Shock Collar (Micah Reed #7)
  • Sei Thrillers (Sei Assassin Thriller, #1-3)
  • The Last Teacher (Mackenzie August #0.5)
  • Fire Watch (Jack Widow, #8)
  • The Sasha McCandless Series: Volume 1 (Books 1-3)
  • The Spy Game (Tanner #21)
  • Sins of the Father (Logan Falcone #2)
  • Shadow Agenda
  • Conviction (Written By Blood: Book One)
  • Compromised: Thriller Suspense Series (Stephanie Chalice Thrillers Book 6)
  • Tracking the Treasures (The Capsule Killer #1)
  • One Last Prayer for the Rays (DCI Michael Yorke, #1)
  • The Lost Spear (Lost #0.5)
  • Steel Force (Jack Steel #1)
  • Redemption Lake (A Winston Radhauser Mystery #1)
Jack Mars is author of the bestselling LUKE STONE thriller series, which include the suspense thrillers ANY MEANS NECESSARY (book #1), OATH OF OFFICE (book #2) and SITUATION ROOM (book #3).

Agent Zero Spy Thriller (8 books)
  • Target Zero (Agent Zero Spy Thriller #2)
  • Hunting Zero (Agent Zero Spy Thriller #3)
  • Trapping Zero (Agent Zero Spy Thriller #4)
  • File Zero  (Agent Zero Spy Thriller #5)
  • Recall Zero (Agent Zero Spy Thriller #6)
  • Assassin Zero (Agent Zero Spy Thriller #7)
  • Decoy Zero (Agent Zero Spy Thriller #8)
“or hangovers or some combination thereof. They wore sweatpants and yesterday’s T-shirts and clutched Styrofoam cups of soy mocha lattes or artisanal blonde roasts or whatever it was the kids were drinking these days. Professor Reid Lawson’s job was to teach, but he also recognized the need for a morning boost—a mental stimulant to supplement the caffeine. Lawson gave them a moment to find their seats and get comfortable while he took off his tweed sport coat and draped it over his chair. “Good morning,” he said loudly. The announcement jarred several students, who looked up suddenly as if they hadn’t realized they’d wandered into a classroom. “Today, we’re going to talk about pirates.” That got some attention. Eyes looked forward, blinking through the slush of sleep deprivation and” 0 likes
“polyglot,” 0 likes