Start by marking “Making the Team” as Want to Read:
Making the Team

Making the Team

She's the hottest professional softball player in the country.

All my teammates want to be her or be with her. They think the fact that she retired and took a job coaching our college team is the greatest thing that ever happened to the Marchant State Hawks.

They don't know the real Penelope Flynn.

I've spent the last eight years of my life trying to erase the

Published April 29th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Making the Team, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Making the Team

Start your review of Making the Team
Bárbara Sousa
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sapphic-books
DNF@40%... It was too childish and the characters just weren’t mature enough, especially the coach. There’s a lot lacking and I was just not feeling this story.
Kelly
May 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Kira
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is more of a 3.5 rounded up book for me. It was mostly well-written but had some typos and punctuation errors sprinkled throughout. I think the thing that bothered me the most was the sudden jump from "I hate you for breaking my heart" to "I want to be with you forever." The book started off at a great pace, giving the reader some back story from both main character perspectives, and then casually strolling into the reason why they meet again years later. But the transition was awkward and ...more
Doug Elliott
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was ok
This is primarily a low-budget sex romp. The almost instant transition from one-sided hate to full on partners is awkward at best. Marley's preschool temper tantrums are at complete odds with her position as the supposedly charismatic team captain. Finally, the depiction of an intercollegiate sports team is not at all believable. ...more
Delia Binder
It was okay with a HEA ending, though as I mentioned in my lone progress note (why doesn't iOS's Kindle app have a way to just click through to GoodReads in mid-story?) there's a lot of emo and nasty rivalry to the two succumbing first to their mutual attraction, and finally to trusting each other enough to love. I wanted to yell "High School's over, time to woman up!" in both their ears through the first half of the book.

Golden Girl HS Senior softball player Penelope broke HS Freshman's Marley'
Cindy Stein
May 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, lesfic-romance
Marley is in her senior year of college and is a star catcher on the school's softball team. When her team's coach has a baby, the school hires a temporary replacement to get them through the season. That replacement is Penny (Penelope), Marley's former high school crush who broke her heart and almost turned her off softball.

Since I like second chance romances and college settings, I chose to read this book. It is a decent story with interesting characters, though there are some inconsistencies
Pam
Sep 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Competition can fuel your spirit but love heals your heart.

Penelope and Marley love softball more than anything. Penny broke Marley's heart her freshman year with words spoken for all the wrong reasons. They both needed to grow up. The characters meet in college during Marleys senior year. They are locked in a love - hate kind of relationship till they clear the air. Together the help each other face hard facts and try to move forward. The author gives well written syptoms of Rheumatoid Arthriti
Amanda
Jan 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Girl jocks - gotta love it!

Nothing like a broken heart courtesy of your first love and idol! Only to use that heartache to spur your desire to succeed at all costs! Love the feeling of family you get when playing on a competitive sports team. This book has a happily ever after and a few hot f/f sex scenes - a quick and enjoyable read!
Nicole
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I read it in a couple of hours. The characters are amazing. I look forward to reading another book by this author.
Maz Tucker
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Not a bad story

This was a good story, lots of steamy sex scenes, would if preferred more sports. But on the whole not a bad book.
Veronica Shay
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Endearing....

I thoroughly enjoyed the story and the characters. It was sexy, interesting and provocative. I couldn't put it down until I was finished.
jessica
Mar 10, 2020 marked it as dnf
dnf @ 28%

she's just not well written... she is the only ff sports romance i know of tho so... maybe i'll finish her eventually
Alison Ritchie
Mar 09, 2020
Mariana
Nov 24, 2019
Travis Dant
rated it did not like it
Feb 01, 2020

• The Adventurers
  • Her Royal Bodyguard
  • Reservations of the Heart
  • Before You Say I Do
  • Mouth to Mouth (Lakeside Hospital, #5)
  • Now and Again
  • When You Least Expect It
  • Good Spin
  • Wrong Number, Right Woman
  • Pretend You're Mine
Lark Maren was 'fired' as the sports editor of her high school newspaper back in 2001 because she was more interested in the juicy gossip behind the players than the actual games themselves.
After a (long enough) stint as a political analyst, she decided to get back to her roots and follow her love of writing about sports, this time on her own terms.
If you like steamy stories about athletic women c

News & Interviews