Start by marking “Faith Alone (The Sola Series Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Faith Alone (The Sola Series Book 2)

Faith Alone (The Sola Series Book 2)

Grace Neunaber has finally found happiness. After struggling for years as a single mother of four, she’s thrilled about her newfound faith and her marriage to a strong Christian man. But as David is added to their family of five, her enthusiasm is quickly dampened by her older children’s open hostility and resentment toward their new father.

For Grace’s daughter, Faith, ha
Kindle Edition
Published April 22nd 2019 by TruthNotes Press

To ask other readers questions about Faith Alone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Faith Alone

Kellyn Roth
Read my full review & blog post here.

4.5/5 stars

Faith Alone is one of the most heart-stopping, ground-breaking, truth-telling books I’ve read in a long time … but it’s not preachy.

Faith Alone is Christian fiction, but it’s not cheesy, doesn’t tie everything up in a nice frilly bow, and doesn’t skip around tough issues. It delves right into the messy world we live in, but it isn’t dirty or even overly disturbing.

This book takes on issues like purity, abortion, teen motherhood, messy families,
Jes Drew
Faith Alone was an emotional, but honest view into a family torn apart by sin, and held together by faith alone. It was unflinching, yet also non-graphic in its descriptions, and painted a realistic picture of life. The pro-life message was beautiful, because no matter what, killing an innocent life will not hide your shame.

I received a copy of this book for review, and the opinions are my own.
Chloe (aka Crystal)
((4.5 stars))

Previously published on Purely by Faith Reviews.

Wow. I really don't have any words for Faith Alone, but what I can say was that this was probably one of the those books that wrestled with my heart. I feel like that is a horrible way of putting it, but I truthfully don't have the words for what I'm feeling.

As mentioned earlier in the "Recommended Age" spot, this book tackles important issues in society that people don't necessarily make a big deal of. I'm going to be really blunt. On
Kaitlyn S.
Mary Moerbe
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
First, it was Grace Alone and would Grace stay alone? Next, it is Faith Alone and precisely how will Faith, Grace's daughter, no longer be alone? A clever use of traditional phrases with some perhaps-tongue-in-cheek playing with relationships of different kinds.

As a second book in a series, I think the writing showed skill and development. And, although I certainly recognized the continuities from the first book, this worked very well as a stand alone book, too. Although, :) obviously another on
Merie Shen
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
So, let me begin this review by sharing that when I opened this book, I had no idea what I was getting into.
Nevertheless, I really enjoyed it.
Faith Alone is a book about family, change, growth, truth gain, and loss. It’s centered around topics such as abortion, teen motherhood, step-parenting, and unwarranted maturity. Above all, this was a story about redemption and forgiveness and love.
I’m going to stop being poetic now. Ready?
Okay, so wow. Faith Alone follows the crazily fantastic family of
Kristen
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a beautifully written book! Faith Alone is the compelling sequel to Grace Alone - but even if you haven't read the first book, you'll still enjoy this one. It is rare to find a novel that combines a beautiful story with faith so clearly. The book is filled with so many conversations that could take place at your dining room table or mine. It is a real life novel, that is for sure!

Faith Alone is a story you won't want to put down, filled with twists and turns - just like our own lives. Thro
Kaetheward
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was eagerly anticipating the sequel to Grace Alone after becoming so invested in the characters in the debut novel. "Faith Alone" did not disappoint. The story picked up right where it left off and I was quickly drawn into the next chapter of the characters' lives. Ruth Meyer did a wonderful job of not only detailing their family's changing dynamics but also their spiritual growth as well, highlighting the ever-present dynamic of saint/sinner. Readers of all ages will be able to relate to both ...more
Jane
May 02, 2019 added it
I am enjoying the Sola Series by this author. Faith Alone is about a blended family making this new family work. Then there is the teenage angst of the oldest child. This book covers a topic in which I think anyone with a teenage daughter should read as well as the teenager. The parents in this story have to struggle with how to approach their daughter and the author does this in a way I think all parents in this situation should approach their daughters. Read this and find out what I am talking ...more
Jane
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Michelle Sandley
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again Ruth wrote an incredibly realistic novel about life in the real world. She hit topics that we tend to turn our heads from in the church. These issues are there and need to be handled with love, just the way they are in this book. Grace and David are trying to start their new marriage off right and David is trying to be accepted as the kid's dad. It is an emotional page turner.

I received an advance copy to give my honest review.
Jennifer Merila Van Hoy
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ruth Meyer did an excellent job in book 2 of her Sola Series. This is a book that faces realistic situations and how they are handled is impeccable. It also does a good job of showing how these situations are dealt with through the Christian faith. It is definitely a page turner and you will fall in love with the characters anxiously waiting for what comes next with them.
Loretta Marchize
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Five stars

Prose: 5/5
Romance: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Plot: 5/5

Prose:

Really good- not too basic but not too much description. I really liked it. It drew me in and kept me reading.

Romance:

Cute! Not a whole ton, some between a married couple. Not really over-the-top.

Characters:

One of my favorite parts. I found Faith pretty relatable personality-wise (not in some of her situations, however) I also really enjoyed Grace.

Plot:

Pretty much one of my favorite parts. It moved really well and I enjoyed the story
Abigayle Claire
Kaemea
May 04, 2019
Libby May
May 07, 2019
Ruth Meyer graduated from Concordia University in Ann Arbor, Michigan, with a degree in church music and no plans whatsoever to become an author. But a student of the week project for her son inspired "Our Faith From A to Z," a children's picture book. After that, it was only a matter of time before she caught the fiction bug. As both the daughter of and the wife of a pastor, Ruth has moved around ...more