Start by marking “The Prince of Broadway (Uptown Girls, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Prince of Broadway (Uptown Girls, #2)

The Prince of Broadway

(Uptown Girls #2)

In the second novel in Joanna Shupe's the Uptown Girl series, a ruthless casino owner bent on revenge finds his plans upended by a beautiful women who proves to be more determined than he is—and too irresistible to deny.

Powerful casino owner.
Ruthless mastermind.
Destroyer of men.

He lives in the shadows...

As the owner of the city's most exclusive casino, Clayton Madden holds
Expected publication: December 30th 2019 by Avon

Win a Copy of This Book

• The Prince of Broadway by Joanna Shupe
    The Prince of Broadway (Uptown Girls, #2)
    Release date: Dec 30, 2019
    Enter for a chance to win 1 out of 50 early final copies of Joanna Shupe's THE PRINCE OF BROADWAY!

*No PO Boxes please*

In THE PRINCE OF BROADWAY, a

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 50 copies available, 1073 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Nov 25 - Dec 13, 2019

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about The Prince of Broadway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Prince of Broadway

Start your review of The Prince of Broadway (Uptown Girls, #2)
    Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: The Prince of Broadway
    Series: Uptown Girls #2
    Author: Joanna Shupe
    Release date: December 30, 2019
    Cliffhanger: no
    Genre: historical romance

I don't give out a ton of one star ratings, but if I do you know the book really made me angry. Unfortunately this is the case for The Prince of Broadway. I thought for sure this was going to be a huge hit for me considering how much I loved the previous book and enjoyed this author's writing. Not only that, but Clay and Flo were such compelling
    MissCherry
    Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Joanna Shupe se ha superado asimisma con esta novela. El libro que dió comienzo a esta serie me gustó mucho, tenía una trama original y unos personajes con los que conectabas bien, pero "The Prince of Broadway" me ha fulminado como un rayo. De principio a fin el libro se mantiene fresco, muy adictivo y realmente original.

Florence Greene lleva mucho tiempo planeando abrir su propio casino en Nueva York, un casino exclusivamente para mujeres. Lo malo es que necesita aprender todos los entresijos
    b.andherbooks
    Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: avon, historical, romance, arc
    Florence Greene is a beautiful society darling, certainly not someone who should be sneaking her way into a men-only casino run by one Clayton Madden and challenging even his best dealers. While she is an excellent gambler, Florence is intent on forging her own future as a casino owner in 1890s NYC, a move that will lose her place in nice society but will make her secure in her own future with no need for a marriage or a man to control her. And she needs Clay's help.

Clayton is intrigued and
    Jessica Grogan
    I seriously have to wonder what I missed in this book. I disliked Florence from the very beginning so I honestly didn’t care what happened to her. She very much came across (to me, at least) like a sullen teenager behaving badly to try and get attention, not a grown woman.

Insta-lust reared it’s ugly head very early on and that makes a boring read for me, especially when they don’t fight that attraction all that long.

I also found the casino lessons and all the talk of the different games at
    GigiReads
    Oct 04, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
    ☕️Kimberly
    Nov 24, 2019 rated it liked it
    3.5 loved the setting and secondary characters. Full RTC.
    Yomi M.
    Feb 17, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    I don't even know what this book is about but just by the title I know I NEED it!!!
    Niki

Florence Greene has never quite fit in with New York City's high society. Her parents certainly don't understand her and she knows her father will soon start pressuring her to marry. She must take steps now to ensure her future independence and work toward her dream of opening a casino for ladies, which means seeking lessons from one of the most mysterious and dangerous men in New York.

Clayton Madden hustled his way up from ruin to become one of the most powerful and wealthiest men in
    D.M. Quincy
    Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    This is maybe my favorite Joanna Shupe book yet. And that's saying something because I love all of her books. In this story, Clay (the downtown bad boy casino owner) and Florence (the uptown beauty rebel) are perfectly matched. I loved Florence, in part because of how she unapologetically flouts society, but mostly because she's a woman on a mission who wants to open her own casino just for women. (Do these exist in real life because I want to hang out there!) Clay hates her dad but falls in ...more
    Elodie
    Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    The Prince of Broadway
    Uptown Girls series #2
    Joanna Shupe
    Release date 12/30/2019
    Publisher Avon

Blurb :

Powerful casino owner.Ruthless mastermind.Destroyer of men.
    He lives in the shadows . . .
    As the owner of the city’s most exclusive casino, Clayton Madden holds the fortunes of prominent families in the palms of his hands every night. There is one particular family he burns to ruin, however, one that has escaped his grasp . . . until now.
    She is society’s
    viktoria
    Joanna Shupe is so, so good at writing my favorite things (and she's even good at making me like things I don't anticipate I'll like much), and I think this trilogy is going to be my favorite of hers.

I loved The Rogue of Fifth Avenue , but wow, I cherish Florence. I harbor a soft spot for competent hot messes, and Florence's determination to make a future for herself (while also giving ladies a safe space for vices and giving her family/convention the finger) was really endearing.

It had been a
    Christy
    Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Society’s assumptions are Clayton Madden is a black-hearted casino owner and Florence Greene is a sheltered debutante. However, people are always more complex than what they show on their surface.

To say Florence is unconventional is an understatement. She wants to open her own casino for women as a means to gain her independence, to make her own choices, to determine her own future. Clayton agrees to tutor her in casino management all the while pursuing his vendetta against Florence’s father.

LianaReads blog
    Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I loved more than anything The prince of Broadway !
    When you go on blind for a book that you don’t even read the blurb ( but you’re going for it because your love for the author’s stories has no limits) you never know what to expect. I wanted to read Florence’s story from the minute I’ve finished Mamie’s book.
    The haven of vice and sin will always hold a mystery for anyone, but for someone who wants to know everything about it, could be a dangerous place. A place where the players will have to
    Luz Trevino
    The Prince of Broadway is the second book in the Uptown Girls series.
    Florence Greene is the middle daughter and is a society, uptown girl. Her goal in life is to open a casino that caters only to women. She's not interested in marriage and children. That is why she goes to Clay Madden. Madden is owner of one of the most prosperous casinos in the city. Florence wants for him to be her mentor.
    During their first meeting he is upfront about his feelings towards her and how he is working on some
    Laura_sommeils
    I was able to read this book because Edelweiss let me download an e-arc copy in exchange of my honest opinion.
    (view spoiler)
    I love Anna. Please please please somebody tell me she’ll have her own book. “Women must worry about other women,” she snapped. “God knows men won’t do it”. Have I mentioned that I LOVE ANNA?
    I don’t like
    Lynn
    Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Clay owns the best casino in town. Florence wants to open a casino for women and plans to learn from the best. Clay agrees to mentor her and things progress from there...

I'm smiling as I think about this book. I'm a sucker for a casino and a woman with a plan. The tension between the two characters is delicious. There's this one scene, during a police raid, which is allllll the chili peppers hot. And they're honest with each other about what they want! Well, a few things might be omitted here or
    Tarra
    Oct 18, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    This was a sexy and fun read with a powerful feminist message. Florence, though immature and grating at times, was refreshing in her resolve and tenacity to open a casino for ladies only. Clayton seemed to fall hard almost from the beginning (so there was insta-lust, if that bothers you). We're told he was a criminal, but really didn't see to much of his so-called "bad" acts.

I enjoyed reading about the casinos and a historical that takes places outside of England.

The revenge plot was a bit weak.
    Roslyn Stillman
    Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I was warned about this book but I still needed to read it and I wasn’t disappointed with it. I loved the story line which was so different to your usual historical romance and the characters where just perfect. They were so well written to suit the story and era but I still found the use of the F word a little uncomfortable and there was a lot of sex in it, which this reviewer as usual skipped. As I said I was warned because there was no other way Ms Shupe could have written this book. This is ...more
    Melody
    I liked this one better than the Rogue of Fifth Avenue. I especially loved the friendships between all the casino denizens, especially Jack. Some of the emotional conflicts didn’t feel completely right with the communication styles of the hero and heroine, but it wasn’t awful. It was interesting that this was taking place during Rogue, and we obviously saw Florence sneaking around. And it was fun we got to see what she was getting up to. Prince of Broadway does have me even more excited for ...more
    Nina Reads Too
    Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Joanna Shupe is one of my favorite authors. If you like Gilded Age romance novel, you must read this book!

Florence Greene wants to open a women gambling club and she turns to the only man that can teach her the business Clayton Madden. However, Clayton wants to ruin Florence family and he will do everything in his power to do it including teaching Florence the ropes. The more they work together the stronger the attraction. These two lovers get catch between Clay's plans to run Flo's father.

This
    Beth SHULAM
    Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Thank you Harper Collins for the ARC opportunity to read and review this title.

Florence Greene is determined to follow her own path to independence by opening up a female gambling casino.

Clayton Madden is the man she's picked to help her learn how.

They both succumb to their mutual attraction for each other and only Clayton's plans for revenge against her father threaten their delicate relationship.

This story was filled with passion and heat from the very start. An excellent continuation of the
    Navjyot
    Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I LOVED this book. I got the ARC from edelweiss. This series is developing into one of my favorites. The H and h in this were fascinating. Their relationship and her stubbornness made the story so entertaining.
    Ms Shupe does such a good job of bringing to life the NYC of that time that whenever I go there I am comparing how much the city has changed
    Harlequin Books