Start by marking “The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3)

The Toll

(Arc of a Scythe #3)

It’s been three years since Rowan and Citra disappeared; since Scythe Goddard came into power; since the Thunderhead closed itself off to everyone but Grayson Tolliver.

In this conclusion to Neal Shusterman’s Arc of a Scythe trilogy, constitutions are tested and old friends are brought back from the dead.
Published November 7th 2019 by Walker Books (first published November 5th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Toll, please sign up.
Jasmine
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3)
Emma Giordano
um hello where is this book??????????

(y'all i posted this in january, i know when the book is coming out now lol)
joey (thoughts and afterthoughts)
Edited 10/10/19:

SAVE MY CINNAMON ROLLS.
Miranda Reads
HAPPY PUBLICATION DAY
description
ok. Looks like they are REALLY serious about no spoilers... so I'll just say - this was everything.

Literally blown away, socks knocked off.

Everything.

Review to come

YouTube | Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Snapchat @miranda.reads
Sh3lly
Mar 12, 2018 marked it as wish-list  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: added-2018-tbr
It says November 5, 2019! (Is that new/ish?!)

Scythe: ★★★★★
Thunderhead: ★★★★★

Update
Neal Shusterman announced on March 18 on Twitter: "I am thrilled to announce that I just completed THE TOLL!!"

I didn't notice there was a title now! Woah.... *fangirls*

In the meantime, here'/>Update
Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
Published 2019.

It better be after that cliffhanger!! I NEED TO KNOW!
Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen)
Jan 05, 2018 marked it as anticipated-releases  ·  review of another edition
I THOUGHT THIS WAS A DUOLOGY WHAT IS HAPPENING
jessica
the best thing about this book is the storytelling/writing. without a doubt.

shusterman is a genius with how he weaves each of the characters, old and new, having their paths flirt with each other until they finally intertwine. there are so many moving parts to the conclusion of this series that it feels like the reader is watching a puzzle being completed, with each piece slowing finding its home until the final result is realised. its just so masterfully done that i cant help but praise the wr
Tucker
Dec 31, 2018 marked it as not-released-tbr  ·  review of another edition
Happy Pub Date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*************

my request has been declined

THE ARCS ARE BEING MAILED OUT

GIMMEGIMMEGIMME

*************
It's nearly 600 Pages long!!

*************
I am so surprised (and disappointed?) that this cover isn't blue. This book did not follow the YA cover rule! (Red, Blue, Green)
*************
We have a cover and it's f**king gorgeous but that's not the matter at hand.

APPARENTLY... THERE WERE MANUSCRIPTS AT BOOKCON

DID YOU HEAR ME?

MAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNUUUUUUUUSCCCCCCCCCCRRRRRRRRRIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSS

i will trade any book or limb i own
William
Jan 10, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hype
A WAIT OF ONE. WHOLE. YEAR. AT THE MINIMUM?!!

BRB

Warda
Feb 04, 2019 marked it as to-read
Fear not, glean not. We have a cover and a blurb, all hail!

—————————————————

But why do we not have a release date for this? A cover? Any kind of info whatsoever?
Are they purposely leaving us in the dark to mess with our heads?

Well, it's working, now give me some damn details that I can hold on to. I beggo!

description
Josiah Anderson
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I might have to glean myself if I have to wait this long!
Rekha
Feb 02, 2018 marked it as unreleased-sequels  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: most-anticipated
UPDATE: cover!!!! It’s uh... interesting I guess

UPDATE: OH NO it’s been pushed back to November 😭😭

UPDATE: Feb 4 2019: NEVER MIND. It’s happening. September 3rd 2019. 448 pages (NOT. ENOUGH!)

UPDATE: Jan 31 2019. The “expected publication:2019” sign has disappeared. I AM HYPERVENTILATING. NEAL SHUSTERMAN YOU CANNOT TELL ME THAT YOU ARE GONNA PUBLISH THIS IN 2020.

UPDATE: It's 18th December 2018. This should have a cover by now, and a release date. BUT IT DOESN'T. Whyyyyyyy
Nick
Sep 13, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
my skin is clear, my crops are thriving, I have 20/20 vision, my grades are up, the sun is shining, I feel so alive, world order has been restored
Tatiana
I really ought to give this book 1 star for Jeri alone. If you don’t know what "tokenism" is, you will understand this term after reading The Toll.

But let me get to the novel in general first, before I start ranting about Jeri specifically.

When I finished rereading Thunderhead a couple of days ago, I did so with trepidation and excitement. What will come out of the thrilling cliff-hangers, I thought? Where will Goddard lead his New Order? What is the future of the Scythedom? How will humanity handl
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
So that’s me done then.

I must confess I wanted more of Citra & Rowan, but that ending was great. Still, who am I kidding, I want a whole book of just Rowan & Citra, but I digress.

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
Nina
Aug 19, 2018 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
WTF WAS THAT ENDING OF THUNDERHEAD AND WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH MYSELF UNTIL THIS BOOK IS PUBLISHED?

This is now my most anticipated release of 2019 and I really hope we won’t have to wait until fall or winter for it come out!

instagram || my blog || twitter
Nilufer Ozmekik
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can hear Door’s lyrics playing in my head. “ This is the end my beautiful friend, this is the end, my only friend”

All the good things need to end at someday. Even SPN after 15 freaking crazy ride seasons later has to end. This is the second emotional thing I had to endure. First one is saying goodbye to Winchester brothers and the second one is finishing this book, waving at those beautiful characters.

So I’m giving my full five gazillion shiny stars for the love of Scythedom, Rowan, Citra, G
Jillian Reynolds (Jillian Loves Books)

BIG FREAKING UPDATE: We have a cover (literal obnoxious OMGs, girl I see that purple robe), we have a SYNOPSIS THAT SOUNDS SO GOOD, and this is my most anticipated book of 2019, and it's coming out only one day after my birthday!!!

Part of me is like:

Another part of me is like:

But ultimately I know I'm just:

Original Review:
One whole entire year at minimum?

Well.

Let's just say I'm not okay.

Update: I'm honestly going to check back in on this every week for 1. cover art, and 2. a conc--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original
Yusra  ✨
Sep 23, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
okay. we have a cover. i don’t like it but WE HAVE A COVER. and a release date!!! november needs to get here faster.

cAN THIS BOOK HURRY UP
Ishmeen
Jan 20, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I haven’t even read the second book and I’m hyped for this already?? I thought this was a duology but I’m so happy this is a trilogy yaaaaas bring it on👏🏻❤ ...more
♡ ᴅ ʀ ᴇ ᴀ ᴍ ♡
Dear Grayson,
I don't want to put all the pressure on you but since you are now my only hope, please find a way to help others real real soon. ;-;
Matthew
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All Scythe and Thunderhead fans out there!
The saga is over!

This whole series is very good – 5 stars all the way and highly recommended to fans of YA Dystopian fiction. Book 2 (Thunderhead) is one of my favorite books of the last few years. So, I was very excited to get this ARC from Simon and Schuster to get a chance to finish this tell a bit ahead of time. I am pleased to get this review out on the eve of the book’s release and I hope it gets fans of the series excited to finish the journey.

I do have to say that
Iryna *Book and Sword*
*They kept the cover green and I am here for it!!!

November of 2019 is going to be EPIC!

My WEBSITE
My INSTAGRAM
My WORDPRESS BLOG
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
o3 Jan 2018. So. Well. I'm sure this series is gonna be another in a long tradition of series going *splash* even after a decent start. Though, this one's start was only half-way decent: #1 was just the sort of thing one can bitch at and not much more. Though, the 2nd book was the more intriguing one. So far.

26 Jan 2018. In this one, we are likely to get more intimately acquainted with:
- Tonists - Of course, the Tone, Vibration and Toll are the thingys from their domain.
- A TOLLS -
lucie
May 17, 2019 marked it as series-to-finish  ·  review of another edition
the cover is hideous #sorrynotsorry
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy shit, this book was EVERYTHING.

It’s so rare to get an ending to a series that just feels RIGHT, but this was absolutely perfect.
Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten*
Just finished Thunderhead. I AM SO HYPED FOR THIS.
Lauren
Am I the only one weirdly unsettled by the "the" in the title? Scythe, Thunderhead, and Toll would all be one word & I need this kind of consistency in my life.
Wing (bibliomeds)
I love waiting for a whole year for the next book to come out

goodbye world

Chi
Aug 10, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wish-list
Can’t wait!!!!
Award-winning author Neal Shusterman grew up in Brooklyn, New York, where he began writing at an early age. After spending his junior and senior years of high school at the American School of Mexico City, Neal went on to UC Irvine, where he made his mark on the UCI swim team, and wrote a successful humor column. Within a year of graduating, he had his first book deal, and was hired to write a movi ...more

• Supernova (Renegades, #3)
  • Ninth House (Alex Stern, #1)
  • The Lost Tide Warriors (Storm Keeper, #2)
  • All the Bad Apples
  • Malamander (Malamander, #1)
  • Rebel (Legend, #4)
  • Fireborne (The Aurelian Cycle, #1)
  • The Okay Witch
  • Tunnel of Bones (Cassidy Blake, #2)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • 10 Blind Dates
  • Beasts of the Frozen Sun (Frozen Sun Saga, #1)
  • D.O.G.S (S.T.A.G.S, #2)
  • Frostheart
  • Weapon (Whisper, #2)
  • Crown of Oblivion
  • All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
  • Where Dreams Descend (Kingdom of Cards, #1)
“You can't expose a lie without first shattering the will to believe it. That is why leading people to truth is so much more effective than merely telling them.” 1 likes
“One could say, Ayn, that he has cast himself as Atlas. Which means the slightest shrug can shake the world.” 1 likes