Start by marking “Hammered (Happy Cat, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hammered (Happy Cat, #2)

Hammered

(Happy Cat #2)

I didn’t mean to kidnap the groom.

It was an accident.

Mostly...

At least I didn't take much time to plan it. It was more of a spur of the moment kidnapping. Does that count?

One minute, the town’s bad boy is standing at the altar about to marry the world’s most evil kindergarten teacher. The next, he’s passed out in my Vespa sidecar with his bride hot on our tail.

But I didn't
Published May 28th 2019 (first published May 14th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Hammered, please sign up.
Lisa Perhaps reading book one would be the best place to start. It sets the scene for Jace and his on-again/off-again girlfriend Ginger way better. Knowing…morePerhaps reading book one would be the best place to start. It sets the scene for Jace and his on-again/off-again girlfriend Ginger way better. Knowing them from book one, makes it clear to the reader the overall direction this ROMANTIC COMEDY will take.(less)
Kim
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Hammered (Happy Cat, #2)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hammered is book two in the Happy Cat series by Pippa Grant and Lili Valente. This is a sweet, silly and a bit steamy romantic comedy. It can be read as a stand alone but the characters from the first book are also present in this one.

Jace O’Dell is the younger brother of Ryan whom we met in the first book. Jace owns the bar, The Wild Hog, in Happy Cat. Jace views himself as kind of the town screw up. He was a bit wild when he was younger and has gotten himself into his share of trouble. Now, as
Nova
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been dying to read this book since I read Hosed and the second book in the Happy Cat series was worth the wait. It follows Jace and Olivia’s story, if you are looking for a laugh out loud, light and thoroughly entertaining read then I cannot recommend this book enough.

Jace O’Dell was and is still known as Happy Cat’s resident bad boy, making silly choices as a teen has followed him through the past few years even though he is now a successful business owner with his own bar. He has been
Bookgasms Book Blog
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: missy
A racoon, a hedgehog and a squirrel dressed as Sherlock Holmes walk into a bar . . . no, seriously . . . it’s the town of Happy Cat after all.

In book 2 of this fun, flirty, hilarious Happy Cat series, Hammered celebrates the wild and crazy anything goes joie de vivre that the town of Happy Cat is known for. It’s also the story of the relationship that no one could have predicted—Jace and Olivia.

Jace is known as the town screw-up. He’s made plenty of mistakes in his life but falling for Olivia M
Carmen Rae
Squeeeeeeeee!!! Oh my god that was awesome and just as adorbs as Hosed. I picked it up this afternoon and fell so deep into Happy Cat I literally couldn't put it down. I had forgotten that this was the second book in the series and just started reading it and it all came flooding back with George Cooney. Damn I love that little rodent.

Olivia was so airy fairy and I remember her from the first book and although that's not my thing I loved everything about her. And I actually felt her sunshine pr
Melody Cox
This book was okay but I am not fond of evil OW who become the evil ex who cause trouble throughout the entire book. That part of the story was troubling for me because I have triggers and this hit a major one. This ex wasn't just evil but was involved in a kidnapping and tried to do harm to her ex's new GF.

I am also not fond of heroes when they are written as though they aren't too bright. When a woman makes a claim that will affect you and the real love of your life for the rest of your natura
Ambriehl Khalil
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
⭐️ [4/5 Stars] ⭐️

I can’t stop giggling at the second epilogue. I fucking love these books they’re so entertaining and I love that the epilogues are the let’s POV. Ugh. This one was freaking adorable, just like every other book by these authors. I found Jace’s feelings for Olivia to be so believable, and the way he yearned for her was so dang sweet. This literally had everything in it that I’d normally hate, trope wise, yet I still enjoyed myself while reading. Now THAT’S what I call a success.
Tami Talbert
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hammered brings us back to Happy Cat and the second collaboration between authors Pippa Grant and Lili Valente. It is the story of Jace and Olivia, two souls that were bound together from the moment their eyes met. But when Jace’s on and off again ex interferes, things get a little bit crazy. With the return of the cast we met in the first book of this series, as well as George the raccoon and a hedgehog named Princess, the outrageous fun and, to be honest, a bit more quirkiness, more escapades ...more
Jaime Fiction Fangirls
3.5 Stars

I hate that I didn't completely and totally love this book. Unfortunately, I think that the release came at a time where I'm struggling with almost everything that I read. I am a total mood reader and sometimes when my mood isn't great, my opinions aren't either. Timing is everything!! Not that 3.5 stars is a bad rating but it's doesn't aline with my usual ratings/feelings about Pippa Grant and Lili Valente's writing so it feels worse than it is.

Ultimately my issue with this story lies
Leila
Aug 19, 2019 marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ 27%

I tried, I really did but the heroine was driving me a bit batty. I'm all for talking about auras, crystals, star charts, but Olivia was too neurotic about it. I feel like the authors were trying too hard in this one to be funny and it just didn't work out.
Thuy Taylor
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was sooo excited to go back to Happy Cat and see to Jace and Olivia's happily ever after. Jace and Olivia have this connection, but he hasn't had the best luck in the past. He's deemed trouble in town, but lately has gotten himself on the right path. He doesn't feel like he deserves anyone as good as Olivia. But, she knows better.

Olivia is so different, so much fun. She's quite quirky, and loves to see the best in people. This story has characters from the previous books which I love. George i
Amazeballs Book Addicts
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hammered is book two in the Happy Cat series. It can be read as a standalone. When I picked this one up, I didn't realized it was part of a series but now I'm going to go back and read Ryan's story. Hammered is Jace and Olivia's story. It's lighthearted and funny read with a little bit of crazy thrown in. Jace has the reputation of being the town screw up but he's really a great guy. Olivia see him for who he is. Olivia is a little out there with her beliefs but she's super sweet and nice. Jace ...more
Books on Stereo
Jan 06, 2020 rated it did not like it
Far too silly.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Hammered by Pippa Grant & Lili Valente is book Two in the Happy Cat Series. This is the story of Jace O’Dell and Olivia Moonbeam. I have red the previous book, but feel you can make this a standalone book if you wish to do so.
Jace when he was younger made some dump choices but now he is the owner of The Wild Hog and works to make better decision in his life, no longer wanting to be the joke of the town. One thing is a on / off relationship with Ginger but its been off for about two months now.
Franci Neill
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pippa-grant
4 Raccoons, Hedgehogs and Alpacas Oh My Stars!!!

While this is the second book in this series, this is my first book by Ms. Grant and Ms. Valente as a writing duo. And I thoroughly enjoyed myself while reading this quirky, sassy and sweet romance. Don't get me wrong, there's some definite heat in this book but the story itself centers around Jace O'Dell and Olivia Moonbeam and how they fall in love in between the machinations of his crazy on and off girlfriend, a deputy sheriff and the menage
Kathy Rouchelle
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An absolute joy to read, this story will have you giggling all the way through, with a few awwwee's, a few moments of wanting to hit someone and best of all, a smile so large it will make your jaw ache. There are a number of wonderfully written supporting characters that surround the lead couple, but the most entertaining are the four legged variety. Those critters will really make you laugh. But it's our lead characters that the story surrounds, the ones who are destined to be together, but hav ...more
belle ☆ミ (thisbellereadstoo)
i've been wanting to read jace and olivia's story ever since their potential romance was alluded in hosed. before reading the book, i thought that the kidnapping would happen at the beginning but was pleasantly surprised that the authors decided to spend time establishing their dynamic and the situation first. they didn't make jace seem like an untrustworthy person who doesn't want to take responsibility (view spoiler). furthermore, they showed how dysfunctional and ...more
Erin Lewis
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I haven’t read the first book in the series but that did not detract from my enjoyment of Hammered.

I have to say that when I read the blurb for this book I quickly put my hand up to read and review. It sounded so intriguing. Especially since the hero is Jace O’Dell a local bad boy who owns a bar and Olivia Moonbeam (just love the name) who despite being classified as a “good” girl works at a sex toy factory.

This is the first collaboration from these two authors that I have read and if this book
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romcom
Quirkiness Galore! Hammered is full of adorable animals, quirky characters and lots of laughs!

In the small town of Happy Cat, Jace O'Dell is known as the "Bad Boy O'Dell". With a history of bad decisions and poor choices I suppose Jace is the black sheep of the O'Dell family, even though he now runs a successful business and really hasn't done anything wrong in years, aside from being in a toxic relationship. It is during one of his off-again breakups that he finally has some clarity about just
Sofia Lazaridou
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
As I have mentioned a thousand times before, one of the things I hate the most are the misleading blurbs. While this one doesn't mention something that didn't actually happen, it sort of spoils 70% of the actual story. While reading the blurb you think that the book will begin with the kidnapping and when you read the book you see that the story begins with the main characters sleeping together, while Jace has no idea that he is about to be a father since he and his girlfriend had broken things ...more
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
This is the second book in a trilogy. This book starts off with a bang. Olivia and Jace are perfect together. It's a long, funny way to their happy ending is worth it. The pets, as usual are hilarious, and the villains are mustache curl worthy. This was a really fun book to read.

Reviewed by: Clare M.
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
This audio was hilarious. I loved the characters and the narrators did an awesome job bringing that across

Jace annoyed me a little when he couldn't stand up to Ginger. But Olivia was bad ass when she went after what she wanted.
And the whole hedgehog thing, freaking hilarious.

Definitely a good one for me
Blushing Reader
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
3.5 stars. This was cute and fun but got a bit there at the end LOL. Still can’t wait for the next story in this series of zany characters (and animals)
Danny
Wow! I was not expecting all of this!! The suspense part was crazy! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time!!
I loved it. Really funny, cute and interesting story.
Melonie Fatchet
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Genius! Absolute pure gold! This is second (Happy Cat) O’Dell brother’s book and it is every bit as funny, feisty, and satisfying as the first book, Hosed. It brings on the laughter, and reading this story will literally make your face hurt (from smiling).
This book begins with Jace O’Dell, the hot as sin bad-boy bar owner. He is misunderstood and judged unfairly, and understands the eclectic and peace-loving Olivia more than anyone in the town.
Olivia works for the town’s sex toy factory. She i
Lexi Cubbins
Hammered takes us back to Happy Cat, aka Crazy Town, and it's just as fun as the first book. OTT romantic comedy, with some crazy thrown in. Like, a lot of crazy. But possibly with even more adorable characters.

Jace is known as the town screw-up thanks to the trouble he stirred up when he was younger. But in a small town like Happy Cat, you can't shake labels so easily.
Olivia is relatively new to town, she's the best friend of Savannah (owner of the dildo factory) and everyone seem to think of
Red Cheeks Reads
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 SMOOCHES!

I’ve read both Lili Valente and Pippa Grant individually, and I read Hosed, the first book in this series, and I am definitely a fan. These two authors are fantastic together! Their writing styles blended effortlessly, transitioning seamlessly between the two them, and coming together wonderfully in this story. This story flowed so smoothly and consistently, I honestly couldn’t tell who was writing what, which is exactly what I want in a collaborative effort.

Hammered, the second boo
Lydia
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
SPOILERS

I honestly don't even know how to review this book. When I started the book, I thought it would be a nice fun read. The heroine seemed to be a little crazy and the hero was all for it, but then it really just got OTT. Heroine reads people's auras, she moon bathes topless in public, she carries a hedgehog in a baby sling thing, heroine finds a stuffed squirrel (one that had been alive, and someone stuffed it) in a trashcan and keeps it, the hero's brother has a raccoon as a pet and sleeps
Kelsey
I think it would be too easy to say Olivia was TSTL sometimes, because I don't think she was. Naive, a tiny bit, but more willing to see the best in everyone. Even despite lots of prior bad behavior. Which worked out great in Jace's favor, but didn't serve her well with Ginger.

The kidnapping mentioned in the blurb isn't the focal point of the book. Very misleading.

Unfortunately the romance was very secondary here. Our H/h don't even spend that much time together. However the actual storyline is
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
Hammered is the second book in the Happy Cat series by Pippa Grant & Lili Valente. It can be read as standalone but I do recommend reading Hosed since it’s hilarious. The fireman got his happily ever after and now it was time for his brother, the bar owner to get his.

After Olivia almost accidental killed someone she needed a stiff drink. That night was not the only stiff thing she got. She found her kindred penis in the process. Jace O’Dell. Town bad boy with a big heart. And that heart wanted
BookAddict
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Welcome back to Happy Cat, the small town with a big personality. Home to a sexy times toy factory, phallic football (hoping to avoid the Zon algo here) and four-legged characters whose personalities are as big and quirky as their two-legged counterparts. George Cooney, our favorite raccoon, is in good company with Princess von Spooksalot, the timid hedgehog, and Sir Pendleton, World Class Inspector, the taxidermy squirrel in a vest, trench coat and moustache.

Jace is the hot bartender in town, w
Goodreads Librari...: duplicate book listings 2 13 May 22, 2019 12:36PM

• Bang Theory (The Bangover #2)
  • The Bangover (The Bangover #1)
  • Bang on Loosely (The Bangover #3)
  • Blissed (Misfit Brides, #1)
  • Wild Open Hearts (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • The Mogul and the Muscle (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Smittened (Misfit Brides, #3)
  • Merried (Misfit Brides, #5)
  • The Price Of Scandal (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Sugared (Misfit Brides, #4)
  • The Panty Melter (Hunter Brothers #4)
  • Gin Fling (Bootleg Springs, #5)
  • Her Rebel Heart (The Officers' Ex-Wives Club, #1)
  • Spiced (Misfit Brides, #6)
  • Unhitched (Misfit Brides, #7)
  • Highball Rush (Bootleg Springs #6)
  • Love According to Science
  • Royal Package
Pippa Grant is a USA Today Bestselling author who writes romantic comedies that will make tears run down your leg. When she's not reading, writing or sleeping, she's being crowned employee of the month as a stay-at-home mom and housewife trying to prepare her adorable demon spawn to be productive members of society, all the while fantasizing about long walks on the beach with hot chocolate chip co ...more

Happy Cat (4 books)
  • Hosed (Happy Cat, #1)
  • Hitched (Happy Cat, #3)
  • Humbugged (Happy Cat, #4)