Start by marking “The Taste of Memory: Food and Gardens Have Taken Marion Halligan to Some Surprising Places . . .” as Want to Read:

3.38  ·  Rating details ·  13 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
In prose as sensuous and seductive as a beautiful flower and a tasty dish, Marion Halligan embarks on a wandering journey into her novels, between past and present, across continents and laboring in gardens and kitchens. This inviting memoir celebrates the great oral tradition of cooks who pass on recipes out of the love of friends, food, and gardens.
Published December 1st 2005 by Allen & Unwin (first published September 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Taste of Memory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Taste of Memory

Kirsten
Oct 26, 2010 rated it it was ok
For me this was beautiful but boring. I'm just not enough of a foodie to enjoy all those food descriptions. Mind you I would recommend this to the foodies out there. It's a very gentle book, a bit like reading poetry.
Anne
Jul 02, 2014 rated it liked it
I liked the concept for this story as tastes and smells definitely resonate with my memory of past times and places. I also loved the cover. Reading it though was like being party to Ms Halligan's stream of consciousness. This was not unpleasant at all as she seems like someone I'd like to know. Like listening to an old friend reminisce about their life and travels. You don't need to keep track of who is who, or how they are related - these details are mostly irrelevant. I won't be making any of ...more
Jenny
Beks
Jun 04, 2016
Dilly Dalley
Jul 26, 2017
Marion Halligan AM is an Australian writer and novelist. Born and educated in Newcastle, New South Wales, she worked as a school teacher and journalist prior to turning to full time writing.

A long time resident of Canberra, she was a member of a group of women writers based in Canberra known as the "Canberra Seven" or "Seven Writers" (1980-1997).

She has won and been shortlisted for numerous signi
More about Marion Halligan