Start by marking “When Love Finds You (Amish New World #2)” as Want to Read:
When Love Finds You (Amish New World #2)

When Love Finds You

(Amish New World #2)

In the latest novel in Virginia Wise’s stirring historical saga about America's first Amish settlement, a once-privileged woman in a very different new world soon finds that hope—and love—are worth the challenge . . .

Scandal drove Catrina Wittmer from her life as a wealthy Englischer's pampered daughter—to reluctant membership in Pennsylvania’s thriving new Amish
Published December 31st 2019 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about When Love Finds You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Love Finds You

Start your review of When Love Finds You (Amish New World #2)
Maureen Timerman
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
This is the second book in this series that I have read, and yes, they can be read alone.
The story takes place back when the Amish first came to America and their first settlement in Pennsylvania, and we see exactly how hard life was, what we take for granted.
With this book, a young weaver has come to the community and the people are thrilled, now some new clothes can be made. There are sheep her for wool, and flax planted for linen.
A young Amish woman with a checkered past, and the weaver, with
Sylvia
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!! Great story!! Loved this series!! Read all her books!! Hope she writes more books!! Received this book from Kensington books from netgally!!
Heather 123
Jan 06, 2020 rated it did not like it
It's about time for me to give up on this author. This is the third book I've read and this one has the lowest rating because I couldn't bring myself to finish it.

Again we're met with over the top drama and immaturity of the characters. Just not my style at all.

** ARC received from Netgalley **
Kristina
When Love Finds You by Virginia Wise takes us back to 1738 in New Canaan, Pennsylvania. Catrina Witmer left Philadelphia with her grandparents amid a swirl of rumors. She wanted a fresh start away from the swirling gossip and finds that she likes living in the new Amish settlement. Eli Weber arrives with his sister, Gertrud Schulp. They are weavers who will provide much needed cloth to the community. Catrina and Eli are taken with each right way, but Gertrud along with their secrets stand in the ...more
Vikki Vaught
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thanks Goes to the publisher, via Net-Galley, to read and review When Love Finds You by Virginia Wise in advance of publication. My opinions are my own and are not influenced in any way.

When Love Finds You is a beautiful romance with heartfelt characters and a plot that touched me greatly. The writing flows beautifully and Ms. Wise gives the reader the right amount of information concerning the environment and characterization of the Amish to add authenticity to this book.

Catrina Witmer’s
Jeanie
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
The problem with secrets - The longer they stood between two people the more powerful they become. Truth is never easy.

Catrina Wittmer is running from a secret that nearly destroyed her life. Wanting a fresh start, she moved from her home in Philadelphia to the wild frontier of the woods with her Amish grandparents. Being Amish has simplified her life but working in the fields is not something she is cut out to do. Working with the spinning wheel is where she finds her passion and strength.
Lori
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"It's funny where life can take you. And if we let go of the past, we can enjoy where go. I can be angry that they hurt you or I can be thankful that it brought you to me." " I think it's the latter."
I think Eli's advice is a good one except he couldn't let go of the past himself and neither could his sister.
Fear is what kept them from enjoying life. Catrina too. If we lived in fear of what others do yo us or what they think of us then there's no reason to move forward.
I too find myself
Faith
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story has the three main characters hiding secrets from everyone, including themselves. They hope by this that they need never acknowledge that anything happened or face what has occurred and find resolution for it.

When entering into a relationship with secrets, one is not able to truly commit to the relationship or trust their partner. It is amazing what we hide from others and ourselves that we cannot hide from God who sees, knows and senses everything about us. We do try, however for He
Chrissy
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
This book is a charming escape from everyday life. Set in an Amish community in the 1700s, it tells of two people deeply in love and the secrets that they tried to leave behind.

It's a very sweet romance with love at first sight. Eli and Catrina are absolutely adorable together. Eli's sister, Gertude gets rather annoying at times (to the point where I'm ready to throw the book at her) but that's just her character. In her own way, she has good reasons for all of the attitude. The romance that
Sunnie
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book that I have read from this author. She is very good. This was a historical Amish book of a new settlement and about a young Amish woman, who left her previous home to escape her past. Yet her past seems to follow her in her travels. She meets an Amish man that she loves and who loves her, but his sister seems to despise her and tries to matchmake Eli with other women, anything to keep Catrina away from her brother.

This is a wonderful book of redemption, forgivesness, and
Sunnie
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This is a wonderful book of redemption, forgivesness, and
Paula
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Love Finds You is a good story about a girl, Catrina, that has secrets in her past. She meets Eli and they become close friends quickly, even though Eli's sister objects, strongly. They get married, and her secrets trouble her. She doesn't understand that Eli has secrets of his own. There are misunderstandings, but they do work through them. Good, clean story that I enjoyed.
M Jean
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great book! Just as great as Virginia Wise's first in series, "Where the Hear Takes You."
Loved the characters, except his sister, but then, I'm an older sister, so somewhat understood her concern.
Must read, must read, must read! Stayed up late every night reading.
M Jean Smallwood
Amy
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Virginia Wise's second installment to her Amish New World series, When Love Finds You, is a pretty good read. I enjoyed it and would love to read more by this author.
Four and a half stars.
Vikki Vaught
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story! Review to follow
Sylvia
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book!! Great story!! Read all her books!! Hope she writes more books!! Received this book from Kensington books from netgally!!
melissa
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and received a copy from netgalley! I loved the characters and feel you should read the first book before you read this one!
Nancy Aalfs
Laura Potter-Bucek
Dec 14, 2019
DianeLikesToRead
Dec 28, 2019

• Abraham (The Petersheim Brothers #2)
  • Rosanna's Gift
  • The Innkeeper's Bride (Amish Brides of Birch Creek #3)
  • An Amish Wedding Feast on Ice Mountain (Ice Mountain #6)
  • An Unlikely Amish Match (Indiana Amish Brides #5)
  • The Bake Shop (Amish Marketplace #1)
  • Two Steps Forward (The Deacon's Family, #3)
  • The Blizzard Bride (Daughters of the Mayflower, #11)
  • The Amish Wedding Promise (Hidden Springs #1)
  • Hannah's Courage (Amish Charm Bakery #3)
  • His Unexpected Amish Twins (Unexpected Amish Blessings #1)
  • An Amish Second Christmas
  • The Protective One (Walnut Creek #3)
  • A Long Bridge Home (Amish of Big Sky Country #2)
  • Andrew (The Petersheim Brothers #1)
  • Amish Front Porch Stories: 18 Short Tales of Simple Faith and Wisdom
  • Yours Truly, Thomas
  • Westering Women

Amish New World (2 books)
  • Where the Heart Takes You (Amish New World #1)