Start by marking “America's Geekheart (Bro Code, #2)” as Want to Read:
America's Geekheart (Bro Code, #2)

America's Geekheart

(Bro Code #2)

Remember that time you accidentally sexted your in-laws?

Yeah. I just did that. Except worse. Now my million social media followers are reading and sharing the rude, smartass message I meant to send privately to my little sister...and I’m officially public enemy number one.

I’m Beck Ryder. Former boy bander. Underwear model. Fashion mogul. And I just buried my entire leg in
Published March 31st 2019

To ask other readers questions about America's Geekheart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about America's Geekheart

Start your review of America's Geekheart (Bro Code, #2)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
America’s Geekheart is book two in the Bro Code series by Pippa Grant. In book one, Flirting With the Frenemy, we met Ellie Ryder. In this book, we meet her older brother, Beckett (Beck) Ryder. And the adorable science geek, Sarah Dempsey.

Beck is an ex boy band, current underwear model, fashion mogul. He is currently home on a break to Copper Valley for his sister’s engagement party. There is nothing he enjoys more than being home to spend time with his family and friends. He meant to send the s
Pippa Grant
Feb 17, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Author's note, 1 week before release:
Squee!!! It's almost here!!! I love Beck Ryder. Have I mentioned that I love Beck Ryder? He's just so... so.... so BECK. Swoony. Sweet. Strong. Funny. And THOSE EYES. OMG, those eyes. Yeah... I love Beck Ryder.

Author's note, 2.5 weeks before release:
Oooooh, the meet cute scene. HAHAHAHAHA. And the baby. (But not a secret baby - I promise that's not happening. It's someone else's baby.) And the parents... I'm so excited for this book!!

Author's note, 5 weeks b
Cami
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giggle-fest
4.5 "Specialer" Stars!!

America’s Geekheart is the second book in the Bro Code series. Beck (Beckett Ryder) is Ellie's (from book one) older brother. The first book was so funny I knew (or at least I hoped) this one would be funny also.

Beck was in a boy band and is now an underwear model and fashion mogul. He meant to send a private message on Twitter to his sister and accidently Tweeted out the facetious message to his sister’s neighbor. This is what starts the whole crazy tale which develops
Sondrea
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm not going to do a synopsis, because there's an excellent blurb at the top of the book's page and other reviews already have it covered. I'm not even going to talk about the heroine, the secondary characters, or the animals (pet and otherwise), except to say they were great, you'll love them.

Instead, I'm just going to talk about Beck. And I've got lots to say, so here goes. I can't remember ever being so charmed by a book hero. Beck's got me so fangirly that all thoughts of good grammar, punc
Starr (AKA Starrfish) Rivers
May 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
Man I'm just hitting O for O! Nada! DNF at 11%. Just too unbelievable and wacky... uggghhhhhh! ...more
Jacob Proffitt
Apr 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, steamy
This is second in a series, but they aren't terribly interconnected, despite Beck being Ellie's brother. There are a lot of overlapping friends, but they're mostly background and I didn't feel like I was missing anything despite having bailed on the first before many of them came on stage there.

I knew coming into this that it had a heaping lot of wish-fulfillment fantasy about it. Which turns out to be an understatement because it's pretty much made of wish-fulfillment fantasy. It's a good thing
Stacey is Sassy
Irresistibly Geeky...

What made this story so good was the fact that I knew almost instantly that the hero was not for me. At first, I was surprised that I was enjoying it considering the hero wasn't perfect (for me) but then I realised that he was perfect for her. While I really liked the heroine, I knew that I wasn't slipping into the story to play her part because we are completely different. My parents aren't movie stars, I'm not an environmental crusader, and I'm not a big fan of computer ga
Sofia Lazaridou
Apr 05, 2019 rated it liked it
I found myself having the same problem as I had with the first book. I couldn't read much of it before I got the need to read something else. I don't know why that is happening. I adored Beck. If I could drag him from the book, brought to real life and keep him for myself I would. He is the perfect boyfriend even when he made mistakes. That made him only human. Sarah was a cool, geeky lady who wanted to save the world one step at a time, but Beck stole the show and I couldn't focus so much on he ...more
Ambriehl Khalil
Jan 31, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars, celebrity
⭐️ [3.75/5 Stars] ⭐️
Ivy Deluca
Quick take on the plot: Beck, underwear model/former boy bander, sticks his foot up his own tuchus when he accidentally tweets a private snarky DM meant for his sister, to geeky Sarah instead. (ETA because I meant to mention this: this tweet plot point doesn't make sense since he didn't know Sarah or her handle allegedly, so....yeah, I spent some time trying to figure out how it could possibly happened, then I said fuck it, but it may bother some who prefer logical setups, be forewarned).

Anyhood
Bookgasms Book Blog
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy
Look no further for a fun, smart, snarky, sexy AF enemies-to-lovers book!! America’s Geekheart is all that and so much more.

I loved the relationship between Beck and Sarah. Drawn to each other due to an unforeseen social media mishap, Beck and Sarah instantly connect—maybe not in the best of ways at first, but their whole slow-burning relationship was fun and smart. I loved their banter, that Sarah gave it right back to Beck. And I loved Beck for his obliviousness when it came to really being in
Alex in Spades
4 Giraffe Love Stars

This was one funny, and quirky read. Frenemies to lovers with a dash of fake dating, and it all started with a very bad tweet.

I admit it was a bit over the top a few times, and both Sarah and Beck's backgrounds story and families were crazy , but still I really enjoyed it. I think I hit a phase in my slump where I can listen to comedies, because angst and drama are just too much at the moment.

I have to say that I would give it a 3/3,5 in ebook form, but Erin Mallon and Jason
Katie Keller
Apr 22, 2019 rated it liked it
DNF at like 50% - there was just a bit too much happening for me... I didn’t really feel their connection and I don’t like having to “work” to like the books I’m reading.
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
-Kacie, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

This book is my absolute favorite by Pippa Grant! I’ve read my fair share of her books but this one was without a doubt the best. It has the same feel as her other books but it has more of a sweet side as well.

Beck was the opposite of everything you’d expect from an underwear model. While he’s definitely attractive, he is a goof ball! He’s charming and funny but he’s also self assured. You also never know what is going to come out of his mouth or show up on Twitter! Sarah is a
Jess
Apr 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this because of how ALIVE the hero was. He was like a puppy, eager to please and love as many people as possible, and valuing the simple act of being alive. At a moment where human connection is less possible, it was nice to be able to go there in a book.
Clau
Apr 17, 2020 rated it liked it
This book is full with craziness. It was really fun to read! Specially when you are have to stay at home.
Kate

What happens when the hero you thought was going to be a goofball party boy underwear model turns out to be someone with so much depth and such a beautiful soul? You get a Beck Ryder, that's what you get!

Pippa Grant has done it again people! She's given us a glorious gift in the relationship between Sarah and Beck and I just was totally unprepared for how much I loved it! I'm sorry Ares, I still love you. Wyatt, I love you too - but Beck Ryder is my favourite.

I licked him. He's mine now. You
Carmen Rae
I read Flirting with the Frenemy rather randomly on Kindle Unlimited after I kept seeing it everywhere and then I got caught out dying to know what Beck posted on Twitter. So I immediately stalked to find the sign up for the blog tour. And like the last one it wasn't at all what I was expecting.

I loved Beck. Aside from the fact he is a sexy as hell underwear model he was also amazingly sweet and sincere. And I want one. He was so much more than I expected him to be. And his love for his friends
BookAddict
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this episode of Pippa's zany romantic comedy (no worries, anti-cliffers, it’s still a stand alone) we have geeky science girl, Sarah, who's still searching to find her place in the world she’s so passionate about saving, and underwear model and fashion mogul, Beck, who has amazing family and friends, as well as a pretty charmed life, but is still searching for that special someone.

How does Grant keep coming up with this stuff? From tasers and tweets gone awry to classic video arcade games, b
Pam Nelson
Feb 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After the first book and though I enjoyed it I didn’t love it but I was curious about Beck so I thought why not give this one a go. I am so glad I did because I loved this one.

Some of the parent antics were out there but overall the story was fun and funny. The character connection was steamy and I just really enjoyed the whole thing.

The narration was FANTASTIC, Erin and Jason killed it and brought these two to life.

I even enjoyed the secondary characters so much I went searching to see if Pi
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
This is the second book in a series. I found a new book boyfriend! Beck is a hilarious, generous, open hearted guy whose mouth sometimes gets him in a lot of trouble. Sarah is a sweet, passionate, heroine with a secret. When they meet, it's electric. Although they are off to a rocky start, the evolution of their relationship is incredibly fun to witness. This book was so much fun to read, I didn't want it to end. This is yet another winner from Pippa Grant.

Reviewed by: Clare M.
Elley Murray
This book is my favorite read of 2019 so far. I've been building a list of Pippa Grant's book to read once I get Kindle Unlimited again, but I just couldn't wait for this one so I plunged in and bought it. And OH, MY GOSH, guys - I am dying. DYING. I made the strangest squee noises while reading this book, and it melted my heart into a pool of goop.

I'm not overly familiar with that tight heat cramping my lungs, but I think it might be my heart cracking a little at the implication that she on
Regan
Apr 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Topastro
What a fun read! Although it took a hot minute to get in to the writing style Beck, Sarah, & their eccentric posse quickly stole my heart. An enemies/friends to lovers of sorts that was quite the slow burn was low on drama but high on laughs. I did get lost a little in the beginning as to how these two got connect with the twitter fiasco but over all it was a cute read and I see what else I find from Pippa Grant.
Sionna

This is another cute book by Pippa Grant. The relationship was cute and I really liked the characters.
Unfortunately, it is over a month since I read it, so I can't remember all I liked and didn't :/

I did like it enough to keep reading books by this author and I look forward to the next book in this series.
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
America's Geekheart is adorably sweet intermixed with Pippa's sense of humor. Beck Ryder is one of the nicest, happiest, down-to-earth famous book boyfriends I've ever read. You can't help but love him for his self-deprecating humility mixed with sexy goofballness. He just might be one of my favorite Pippa Grant hero's to date.

"One day. I want one day of being as happy about life as Beck Ryder is."-Sarah
This sentence right here is everything!!

Beck Ryder has not only been in a boy band, but he
Angela's Book Addiction
America's Geekheart (Bro Code #2) by Pippa Grant is a sweet, fake relationship, slow burn, romantic comedy told in dual POV. Although it's the second book in the Bro Code series, it can be read as a standalone.

Beck Ryder, underwear model, billionaire fashion mogul, and former boy band member, has really messed up - big time. He thought he was sending his sister a funny, sarcastic private message on Twitter, but instead he accidentally publicly tweeted her neighbor. Now, the public hates him
Reckless Readers
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
This book has collectively the best characters I've read about in a while. It has been a long time since I've read a book where I have loved every. single. character. Okay, not Bruce, but he doesn't count because he's basically like a two-line extra in a movie.

Sarah was an awesome h. She was smart, beautiful, funny, and totally likeable. I loved her whitty banter and the way she stood up for herself. I liked the way she handled everything in stride, including her crazy parents and all of the at
Monique
Oct 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
📖📖 READ THROUGH KU. 📖📖

4.5🌟’s.

I had been waiting to get to Beck’s story for a while. He has this sense of fun but also loyalty and he loves his family unconditionally and that’s someone we should all admire and treasure. He’s a complete goofball but an adorable one. He would give the shirt of his back to help the people that mean the most to him. His weird joke tweet for his sister, that went to the wrong person, started a war of hatred on himself and exposed a shy women into the limelight she w
Stacie
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
America's Geekheart by Pippa Grant is book two in the Bro Code series. You don't need to read book one to understand book two but you should read book one because it was really good. We meet Beck in book one (he's Ellie's brother and Wyatt's best friend) but we really get to know him in book two.

The book starts with a misunderstanding. Beck sends a tweet that unbeknownst to him, is about to change his life. What comes next is a story full of humor, growth and actual like between Beck and Sarah.
Goodreads Librari...: two book listings 2 12 Apr 05, 2019 10:51AM

• Wild Open Hearts (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • The Mogul and the Muscle (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Blissed (Misfit Brides, #1)
  • Marrying Mr. Wrong (Dirty Martini Running Club, #3)
  • The Price Of Scandal (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Falling for My Enemy (Dirty Martini Running Club, #2)
  • The Mistletoe Kisser (Blue Moon #8)
  • Gin Fling (Bootleg Springs, #5)
  • Rushing In (Bailey Brothers, #4)
  • Hot Stuff
  • Forever Never
  • Hidden Miles (Miles Family, #4)
  • Highball Rush (Bootleg Springs, #6)
  • The Last Second Chance (Blue Moon, #3)
  • Fall Into Temptation (Blue Moon #2)
  • Drop Dead Gorgeous
  • Faking Ms. Right (Dirty Martini Running Club, #1)
  • Holding on to Chaos (Blue Moon, #5)
See top shelves…
Pippa Grant is a USA Today Bestselling author who writes romantic comedies that will make tears run down your leg. When she's not reading, writing or sleeping, she's being crowned employee of the month as a stay-at-home mom and housewife trying to prepare her adorable demon spawn to be productive members of society, all the while fantasizing about long walks on the beach with hot chocolate chip co ...more

Bro Code (5 books)
  • Flirting with the Frenemy (Bro Code, #1)
  • Liar, Liar, Hearts on Fire (Bro Code #3)
  • Master Baker
  • Jock Blocked (Copper Valley Fireballs #1)