Start by marking “Ache” as Want to Read:
Ache

Ache

An all new emotionally charged second chance romance.

What happens when you fall for the boy next door?

Bea Norwood had the market on normal.
Drama free life? Check.
A single-mother who doubled as her confidant and partner in crime? Check.
A neighbor and best friend she trusted more than anyone? Check.
But that was until the day her mother remarried. The day that changed
Published April 9th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Ache, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ache

Start your review of Ache
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

'ACHE' Is a full length second chance romance novel by S.M. Sotto

MY REVIEW AND OTHERS: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS
Image and video hosting by TinyPic A word of warning: This book won't be for everyone. It contains themes of abuse. And may cause triggers.

Just like the title of this book, your heart will ache in the same way as these characters did. My heart broke in two, such a heartbreaking roller coaster of a read that gutted me to the core.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There were things I adored about
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
ezgif-com-video-to-gif-1

I have to start with a warning: this book is not easy to read, it has a million triggers - and just like its name, your heart is going to ACHE. I'm not kidding, my heart literally broke over and over again until it finally healed! 😭
But... It's about a super important topic... Well done S.M. Soto for the courage to write about it. 👏

📚 "𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧’𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠?" 📚

After Liam, Bea's first love, broke her heart and left when she was 16, she suffered a cruel and o
Giorgia ~ Reads
2 Stars

I finally finished this and it took me awhile because it was not easy to stomach.

This book used violence and extreme abuse as the basis for a wannabe “meaningful” but “heartbreaking” story. Myeah.. I don’t think so.

Using graphic violence of the most disturbing kind, every chapter (slightly exaggerated, but almost true) does not make for a great story. Sure, you get the intended effect. You horrify, you make people sick to their stomachs, you make them wanna cry, scream and curse at t
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
2.5 STARS
How do you save someone if you don’t know they need saving?

This book has been on my radar for so long that the second it released, I jumped on the chance to read it. Second chance romance is my catnip. The blurb made me damn near salivate because it sounded emotional and angsty.

Truth be told, I struggled with my rating. Because while there were a lot of things that didn't work for me, it's clear as day that this author has some real writing chops. I'm definitely a new fan a
Michelle Claypot_Reads
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Straight into my Forever Favourite Folder

I have now read this story 3 times. I was lucky enough to beta read this one last year and have read it twice since. I have cried every single time. Bea is a warrior. A broken but fierce warrior.

It's not a sweet story, but it is a love story. The kind of story that punches you in the heart. That makes you think. The kind of story that stays with you for days after finishing. You know when an author writes a book so real - so raw - that you f
☽Ari
1 really hard to read star

I can tell you right now, this is book is not for everybody. Hell, I'm not even sure if it was for me or not.

I'll be very short with this, it wasn't an easy read guys, and in this case I'm not sure if it is a good thing either. There are a lot of aspects about this book that I did not like- obviously the very graphic rape was one, and for another, how no one in her life interfered.

For. Six. Fucking. Years!

The mom especially, was irredeemable. All throughout the
C.L. Matthews
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is beyond my vocabulary of words for how beautiful and emotional it was.
I've never quite read a book like this, one that consumed my every thought and moment.
I sat and read this until my back ached from the position I was in.
I fell love with Liam, I waited for him to prove me right, to show me the man he is.
And he did.
I loved every single thing in this book. Even the stuff I hated.
Even when I cried.
Even as I screamed.
Even as I threatened S.M. Soto with a divorce.
This book was a masterp
Chelé-----4 The Love of Books
Ache (noun) a continuous or prolonged dull pain in a part of one's body.

Your heart will experience this while reading this story. You will feel pain, you'll cry, you'll be completely gutted, devastated, shattered and destroyed. I'm not going to lie, this book is hard to read at times. I really give props to Ms. Soto for having the ovaries to write this, it's such a complex, hurtful, stunning and heartbreakingy beautiful story that needs a very talented author to walk this fine line.

I wanted to
veronica(ver) terisa
Feb 13, 2021 rated it did not like it
He thought his sweet Bea was sad all the time and suicidal because her rapist had a girlfriend; I mean could he understand his sweet Bea whom he "loved, cared and left her even when Bea came out in the open and said how Connor creeped her out even as children" better than that.
"Is this why she seems so broken? Because she has to fucking share Connor with his girlfriend?"

Bea didn’t want Liam to beat up Connor for her but they could have told someone! Her parents or the police; anyone! but they b
Syndi
Jun 29, 2019 rated it liked it
I have high expectation for this book. I thought this book will be that maximum angst and heart breaking drama. The beginning of the book opens with that such gut wrenching scene. Warning: this book is full of triggers. Do not read it if u have faint heart.

Then the story progress. And everything starts to dwendling down. The plot, the layers, the characters are promising. But the writting, the connection between each unfolding scenes desperately need editing. Badly.

Several issues that i have w
Sentranced Jem
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it

PSX_20190323_185717 Title: Ache
Author: S.M. Soto
Publication Date: April 9, 2019

NOTE: This book is not for everyone. Contains themes of abuse. May cause triggers.

I don't even know what to write to be honest.
If there is a book that is going to make you ugly cry....this book is it.
If there is a book that is going to make you want a glass...heck! A bottle of wine after reading it...this book is it.

I've read my share of romance books that deal with abuse and books that have rather graphic details but
Rebecca
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED!!

Let me start by saying that ACHE is most definitely an emotionally charged, deeply personal, heart wrenching, raw, and gritty journey of two people who are destined to be together…destined to give one another everything that they have to give…destined to love one another for as long as they possibly can, but what ACHE also illustrates is that other people’s hatred…their selfishness…their need to dominant and control makes them think they can do whatever they want…makes th
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡
Mar 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc

Before heading into my review, I want to warn readers: approach this with utmost caution. Written in blunt and honest words, the depictions of harrowing real life circumstances will grip your heart without remorse and brutally tear your emotions into unrecognisable shreds, rendering you speechless and emotionally drained, as the heavy and heart-wrenching scenes aren’t eased in carefully or alluded to in vague detail.

Liam Falcon is the boy who captured my heart, and the man who saved my l
Cat Imb || The Reading Cat ||
I received an ARC of this book from the author and I voluntarily reviewed it. Thank you SM Soto!

I love it when a book enraptures me like this. When the book is so good I just can’t put it down. When a book is so good I hold in my pee because, well, that’s time wasted which I could spend reading the book. Needless to say I read this beauty in one sitting.

This book tackled difficult subject matter, but just because it is difficult and many dont’t WANT to talk about it, it doesn’t mean it doesn’t
Book Maniac Forever

⭐️ 4.5 "Sweet B" Stars ⭐️
Ache is so fittingly titled, because it’s exactly what I felt reading this profoundly emotional story! My heart was in a vise; I was losing my breath from the agonising feelings that had me a blubbering mess through a good portion of the book. My throat was raw from all the crying! Bea’s ache from her abuse were transmitted to me as a reader and Soto’s beautiful writing captured the distress of her situation perfectly!

"He's my planet. All my stars. My whole w
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: April 9, 2019
Genre: Second Chance (Ugly Cry) Romance
Actual Rating: 5+ Stars

This book left me in a puddle of tears. What an emotional story! Gosh, I don't even know how to begin to book review other then letting readers know that this is a powerhouse of a novel- one that you will not easily forget even though you may want to (the subject matter is extremely sad). This book made me ache. It left me feeling raw, vulnerable, and heartbroken. It also made me see that there is ligh
Autumn Grey
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beta read.
S.M. Soto's writing, the characters, this story... it's everything!
Get ready for this gut-wrenching story!!

hugsandcookies
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A 5star 🌟 MUST READ.

Oh my goodness I struggled with this book and especially with the rating. After so much stopping and taking a breather I knew after finishing about Bea and Liam, I knew my rating will be a 5star.

A word of advice go into this blind don’t read any blurbs cause I did and I regret it. This is why S M Soto has become one of my favourite authors and this writing of hers is so different to her other books. Although her first book will forever be my fave but this book is so powerfu
Vanessa (nessreads)
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book*

5 “Survivor” Stars

How? How do I even begin what I want to say? How am I even supposed to form words? I feel like I just ran a marathon and I’m spent. And I’m finally able to release a breath I’ve been holding in since I started reading.

This book is not for everyone. I repeat, this. Book. Is. Not. For. Everyone. This book put me through the wringer. I’m drained, both emotionally and physically. This story took ahold of everything. My mind, my f
Dawn
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I’m going to catch my breath and my review will follow. This book was brutally beautiful in the hardest and most intense ways. I absolutely loved it. I clicked this book when it first came out, in all honesty I saw the cover and thought, "this looks like my kinda book." Fast forward 7 months later and I can't find anything to read, so I casually go ebook shopping on my own kindle. I have a problem, yes. I saw this one and thought let's try it...I DEVOURED THIS BOOK IN ONE SITTING. I could n ...more
Annette Brignac
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
With an exhausted heart and a worn out soul... I have finished reading the hardest book I have ever read...

This is a story that should be allowed to have more than 5 stars... because it deserves that.

While this book is the hardest I've ever read, it was written with so much love, respect, and heart. This is story about two people finding happiness on the hardest road that anyone on this earth can experience.

I was given the honor of Beta Reading, and have since read it a second time. Liam and Be
queen_of_the_books_18
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow this book!

5 emotional stars from me.

S.M Soto killed it with Ache.

My heart was not ok reading this book. As soon as I started reading the first chapter I knew I wasn’t going to be ok and now I’ve finished this book- I’ve realised the title is spot on because my heart just...Aches.

I cried like a baby, and then I stopped and then I started sobbing again all the way through this books. The wide range of emotions I felt whilst reading Ache... I’ll admit I wasn’t prepared for.
I felt sad, like
Zainab M.
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Penny For My Thoughts:

ACHE, a masterpiece is what it is. I was sold right from the cover reveal and then came the gut-wrenching blog. The journey didn't stop there. I was provided an ARC by InkSlinger PR but honestly speaking, I have never been so grateful for such a privilege before. This story is not a romance novel. It deals with the most sensitive issue being WOMEN ABUSE.  It has lot of triggers. I had to shed lots and heaps of tears. Right from Page 1, ACHE had my heart in its palm. And I w

TheBookBoutique Brittany_Elizabeth_Sarah
I’m not quite sure I’ll get this right, or be able to do this book any justice but I’ll try. I’ll start by saying after reading straight for 3 hours, I released a breath I didn’t know I was even holding. It was THAT amazing.

This book is a hard read, and probably harder for some than others. But through this book I feel we are told more than just a terrifying story. We are shown that love can prevail all, that loves gives you hope, love heals, and love saves. Sometimes I think the best stories s
Na
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
"You make it hard to breathe. You make me smile. And on days like these, you make my heart skip a beat."

Ache was my first book by S.M. Soto and wow, what a heavy start. This book is definitely not for faint-hearted readers. This book is heavy stuff wrapped in one beautiful package of a story that will shake you to the core.

"Bea's my sun, my moon, and all my stars - the entire universe combined."

This book is more.... it's energy will give you chills and makes you feel things you can't put into wo
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 5 / 5 stars

I knew this book was going to be emotional but honestly I didn't know the half of it. This book might have been one of the hardest books I ever had to read and you know I love my emotional reads but this one took the cake man... it was just so heartbreaking to read, it physically hurt sometimes.

This book has constant triggers so beware of that, it is not easy to read, at all. But it was so amazing, it was a story that NEEDED to be told and it was told beautifully.

I loved Bea f
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
I got to 81% and I have no inclination to read the rest of this. I am just so freaking pissed, majorly pissed, royally pissed. I'm just fucking pissed. Full-on rant ahead.

(view spoiler)
Karen Moriarty
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW...
I will be honest this was a very intense read l will be honest... Hard hitting at times and had me reeling more than l usually like. BUT the subject is emotional and confronting l will not lie, and described in graphic detail, but it is in keeping with the characters and very much required. It was an emotional roller coaster if l am honest but Oh MY Gosh what a ride..

BEA NORWOOD has a spirit about here that just makes you love her from the first time you meet her and LIAM FALCON is the ki
Erika's Book Blog
"Bea's my sun, my moon, and all my stars--the entire universe combined."

Oh my heart!! This story was beautifully told, heart-wrenching, heart-felt, gritty, raw, and rife with pain, intermingled with a love of a lifetime given a second chance. It called to the realness of the dark topic, how it ripples out to those we love, and the strength of those who experience it, even if we don't understand their motivations. I was lost amongst the pages, where at times, even with tears in my eyes, I appreci
Stephanie S
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As I sit here and try to think of a review on this amazing book it is a hard one to do. This one was a tough one for me to get through but it was so worth it in the end. Even with the tough subject matter, it is a tough this story, that was beautifully written. While the subject matter is something that needs to be talked about, it seems to be swept under the rug.

Bea and Liam's story will live with me for a long time and I can say this is my top read of 2019 and not sure if any will come close.

• When the Stars Fall (Lost Stars #1)
  • Dare You To Hate Me
  • Tell Me When It's Over
  • All I Have Left: A Second Chance Military Romance
  • A Bridge Between Us
  • Poison & Wine
  • The Not-Outcast
  • Liar, Liar
  • My Darling Arrow (St. Mary’s Rebels, #1)
  • Little Lies
  • Stealing Home: St. Michaels Duet - Book 2
  • The Best Years (The Amherst Sinners #1)
  • Debase
  • Pocketful of Shame (Pocket #2)
  • Fighting For Air (The Fighting Series Book 1)
  • Nothing But Trouble (Malibu University Series, #1)
  • The Truth about Us
  • I Hate You
S.M. Soto was born and raised in Northern California where she currently resides with her son. Her love for reading began when she was a young girl, and has only continued to grow into adulthood. S.M. lives for reading books in the romance genre and writing novels with relatable characters. She refers to herself as a bit of a romance junkie. S.M. loves to connect with readers and eat copious of do ...more