Start by marking “Time and Tomorrow” as Want to Read:
Time and Tomorrow

Time and Tomorrow

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  46 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
This is a 3-in-1, including Wine of the Dreamers (1951); The Girl, The Gold Watch & Everything (1962); & Ballroom of the Skies (1952).
Published 1979 by Nelson Doubleday, Inc. (Garden City, NY)

To ask other readers questions about Time and Tomorrow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time and Tomorrow

Jay Michaels
Jun 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Time and Tomorrow (1979) by John D. MacDonald.

"Old school, but a nice change."

This 1979 anthology gathers three of suspense writer MacDonald's (creator of Travis McGee) science fiction novels: "Wine of the Dreamers" (1951), noted for its idea of "long-distance telepathy" (from lightyears away, to boot); "Ballroom of the Skies" (1952); and "The Girl, The Gold Watch, & Everything" (1962). Wordy, old-school male adventure fiction of the 1950's doesn't really hold up well now, but the style was
Erik Graff
Jun 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Erik by: no one
Shelves: sf
I got this book with some trepidation as John D. MacDonald is known more as a mystery than as a science fiction writer. I was pleasantly surprised. The story "The Girl, the Gold Watch and Everything", a time-travel bit, was very moving--and I usually don't like time travel stories. MacDonald just happens to be a good writer.
David Dickason
May 27, 2014 marked it as to-read
Of the three novels said to inhabit this volume, I have read two, _Ballroom of the Skies_ and _Wine of the Dreamers_ - but that was a long time ago and if I recall, the stories bear rereading - the third novel, The Girl, The Gold Watch and Everything_ is one I had not heard of until recently - it will be the new novel for me in this set.
Mark Sherrod
Jan 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great departure from the Travis McGee series...I always try to find a MacDonald book I haven't read when I'm stuck for something to read. These three stories didn't disappoint.
Stephen Burdette
rated it it was ok
Aug 20, 2012
Farnham
Apr 16, 2012
John D. MacDonald was born in Sharon, Pa, and educated at the Universities of Pennsylvania, Syracuse and Harvard, where he took an MBA in 1939. During WW2, he rose to the rank of Colonel, and while serving in the Army and in the Far East, sent a short story to his wife for sale, successfully. After the war, he decided to try writing for a year, to see if he could make a living. Over 500 short stor ...more
More about John D. MacDonald