Start by marking “Macaroni & Cheese: 52 Recipes from Simple to Sublime” as Want to Read:
Macaroni & Cheese: 52 Recipes from Simple to Sublime

Macaroni & Cheese: 52 Recipes from Simple to Sublime

Simple and perfect, macaroni and cheese is the ultimate comfort food, a classic dish that's reassuring and familiar, yet, with the addition of a bit of truffle oil or salsa, it kicks into high gear with an unexpected burst of flavor. Now, for the first time in one collection, dozens of well-known chefs, including Bobby Flay, Rocco DiSpirito, Charlie Palmer, David Burke, ...more
Published 2001 by Villard

To ask other readers questions about Macaroni & Cheese, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Macaroni & Cheese

Start your review of Macaroni & Cheese: 52 Recipes from Simple to Sublime
Stephen
Jul 25, 2011 rated it liked it
When my children were little, one of their favourite dishes was macaroni and cheese. In an attempt to broaden their culinary experiences, I would experiment with pastas different from the ubiquitous elbow macaroni, with sauces made from various cheeses and with amendments of interesting herbs. My daughter remained steadfast in her preference for "the one that comes in the blue box." This was sometimes enhanced by slicing medallions of hot dog into it. Joan Schwartz has written/edited an ...more
Rachel
Jan 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
I picked this up on the sale shelf at the library and it's the best 50cents I've spent lately. I like to read cookbooks (is that weird?), and this one makes me very hungry. So many ways to mix pasta and cheese!
With 52 recipes you can choose from simple and homey to as intricate as you could imagine. There are a few recipes that I'll actually try like "Tomatoey Mac and Cheese", and then others such as "Chunks of Lobster Swimming in Cheesy Macaroni" with heavy cream and white wine which I will
Allison
Oct 23, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Mac and cheese, it's just a great combination. We tried the swiss mac and cheese with potatoes. Very tasty, the potatoes were fantastic, and the swiss cheese not overwhelming. Also had a mac and cheese with diced tomatoes, very simple recipe, and anytime vegetables can be added to something full of cheese and pasta it makes it healthier, right? Lots of other interesting possibilities...
Donna Hicks
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some different recipes

I was a bit disappointed in the layout of this cookbook. It's very difficult to read and navigate around. Once you decipher the recipes, they sound pretty good.
Michele Fitch
Jul 09, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Disappointed

On a scale of one to five, I would give it a zero. I could read the directions but the ingredients had to have been done with the smallest font you could find. It would be wonderful if I could have my money refunded, but I know that won't be happening.
Meg
Sep 02, 2007 rated it it was amazing
comfort diner recipe; sweet noodle and cheese kugel; macaroni and cheese croquettes. well worn copy.
Carissa
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The recipes were okay. However, the layout was terrible. It was also tough to read because of the fonts and size. I found better mac n cheese books.
Liz
Jul 24, 2007 rated it it was amazing
So many great mac and cheese recipes, from traditional to much more creative kinds.
Denise
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Try this book for some delicious and unique Mac & Cheese dishes like Swiss Mac with Potatoes, Macaroni and Cheese with Oysters and Pork Sausage and Terrine of Macaroni, Goat Cheese and Foie Gras.
Shana