Start by marking “Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 6 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #6)” as Want to Read:
Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 6 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #6)

Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 6

(Fullmetal Alchemist #6)

The origin of the Elric Brothers! Once, Edward and Alphonse Elric were willing to do anything to become alchemists. But when they tried to use their newfound skills to resurrect their dead mother, they broke a taboo and encountered something more terrifying than death itself. Now, hardened by years of military training, Edward and Alphonse have returned to the woman who fi ...more
Published March 21st 2006 by VIZ Media LLC (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 6

Start your review of Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 6 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #6)
Caroline
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
THIS volume is largely dedicated to the backstory of Edward and Alphonse and omg I'm not crying you are!! I love seeing the brothers when they were younger! They have such a genuine, loving bond and it makes me so sad to see them before everything went wrong (but also happy to see that they were happy and smol). Their backstory is so devastating but I loved reading it and FINALLY getting all the information I wanted. It's honestly such a great backstory!! Seeing their relationship with their teacher ...more
Jedi JC Daquis
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Volume six gives that much-needed exposition and flashback story to beef-up the character development on the Elric brothers. Much of the scenes here show the pre-state alchemist events that happened, including the failed human transmutation!

Plus, there's a new band of enemies in this arc! Cool.
Renata
Oct 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Aww I really liked their origin story. Poor little bros.

Also: no cats died.

But: some rabbits died. But I felt okay about it because it was for food on a desert island. Also they went to rabbit heaven in the bonus pages.

I am aware: that my GoodReads is basically DoesTheDogDie.com for books, and I think that is a useful service to provide.
gabi
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
That was interesting and sad... And what is this all leading up to?!
Celine
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wizardy-magic, manga
The sixth volume of this manga is dedicated mostly to more back story. I love seeing Al in his real body, and the love between these brothers is a constant highlight in this series. It has many touching moments, but didn't engage me as much as the previous two volumes did. We find out more about alchemy and the world these books are set in, which was intriguing. On to the next one!
Kellie
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
More back story! I loved it.
anotherfungurl
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I felt really sad for Al. How he changed.
Rana Adham
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-manhwa
Full back story is known now. Roy Mustang...ever so mysterious 🧐
daisy
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Have I mentioned how much I love this series and these characters? Because I really love this series and these characters!

(view spoiler)

Also: (view spoiler) ...more
Sylwia (Wish Fulfillment)
- I continue to love the portrayals of women in this series.
- It's hard to get myself to want to pick this up, though. I'm already looking forward to when it ends.
- I need this to pick up the pace.
The Dyslexic Bookworm
Review found in Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 2
Par-
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
«From a universal perspective, whether we live or die doesn't matter, the world will keep going as if nothing happened.»
Amanda Setasha Hall
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, zzz-2017
This volume is fairly good. A decent amount of backstory before returning to the present. Tying up some ends in another section as well. And as usual, ending with comedy.
Jolien
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this was heartbreaking.
Alex
Aug 30, 2018 rated it liked it
So. That was a lot of backstory. Which was fine. But I already knew it all, because I sort of watched the first episode of the TV series (the good one, not that weird one that's on Netflix), so it all felt super repetitive to me. But, it was still great.
That weird lizard man though. That was... interesting?
Rachel (TheShadesofOrange)
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
4.0 Stars
There are some powerful flashbacks in this volume.
Ashley Oxford
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed getting all the backstory in Volume 6. Can't wait to see what's next!
Spencer
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Great entry to learn about the early days of Ed and Al! I really enjoyed this one!
Thikrayat Al-aradi
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
in this volume we get to know more about the Elric brothers past
Nadhirah Nazarudin
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ed and Al's training with Izumi, and Roy scouted them into military.

Riza Hawkeye, 'Someone I have to protect,' definitely referring to Roy Mustang.

They're my OTP, Mustang and Hawkeye!
BUN
Jul 15, 2018 added it
Flash back to the old time when Ed and Al have to survive in a little island and try to understand what alchemy is. Fortunately, the masked man is the person who they know!
Min Yee
Although this volume reveals a lot of the answers that most readers are looking for all these time, I don't know why I feel bored with this volume. I know it's weird and I don't have answer for that.
Fullmetal Alchemist Vol. 6 by Hiromu Arakawa.
Victor Wong
Dec 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
this book is about 2 kids that are brothers they set out on a journey to become alchemist. their first test was to be set on an island for a month to see if they are worthy enough to become alchemist. then after they do training and then they go home to show hometown their magic. then they try to bring their mother back from the dead but they are not suppose to b/c that is what their teacher told them never to do and they suffered a consequence one brother loses a arm and leg other loses his who ...more
Brandon
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mango-comix, fantasy
King Haddock
YAY flashback! Slightly annoying for the reader who wants to know about the present, too... but I can't complain to all the information Hiromu Arakawa gave us in this volume. Yaaaay.

Oooh - and I have to mention I Am/God/the universe/truth/etc. Did you notice that chest thingie that held the truth inside it contained the Hebrew names to God such as Adonia, Elohim, etc. on the door??? I thought that was absolutely epically awesome.
নাজমুল হাসান
We get the full backstory of the Elric brothers. How they ended up the way they are now, how they got recruited as State Alchemist. Also the secret behind their master is also revealed. It follows with a really powerful and emotional moment in this series. But it seems new adversaries are on their heel in Dublith city. And next volume might be more action packed than this one.
Chelsey
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, read-2016
Still have a crush on Edward Elric after all these years. I am not ashamed.
Eirini Robin
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: μanga
*Aaaarghhhh I am addicted!!* I just can't stop my impulsive reading manga obsession! (Thank god there are 27 volumes anyway!)
Swati
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love
Finally! We get to know the brothers full background story!

I loved this volume, so far this is my favourite!
Lanie
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Manga fans
Not a u of the boys' teacher, or her methods. But I did like seeing their past and how they lost their original bodies and became alchemists. Recommended to anyone who likes manga.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please link these book editions and update desc 1 7 Oct 20, 2019 04:51AM

• Fullmetal Alchemist: Under the Faraway Sky (Fullmetal Alchemist, #4)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist: To Each His Own Bonds (Fullmetal Alchemist, #5)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 2 [Boku No Hero Academia 2] (My Hero Academia, #2)
  • Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Vol. 09
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 20 [Boku No Hero Academia 20] (My Hero Academia, #20)
  • 約束のネバーランド 6 [Yakusoku no Neverland 6]
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 10 [Boku No Hero Academia 10] (My Hero Academia, #10)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 7 [Boku No Hero Academia 7] (My Hero Academia, #7)
  • メタモルフォーゼの縁側(1)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 8 [Boku No Hero Academia 8] (My Hero Academia, #8)
  • One Piece, Volume 6: The Oath
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 4 [Boku No Hero Academia 4] (My Hero Academia, #4)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 6 [Boku No Hero Academia 6] (My Hero Academia, #6)
  • One Piece, Volume 16: Carrying On His Will
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 5 [Boku No Hero Academia 5] (My Hero Academia, #5)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 7 [Tokyo Guru 7] (Tokyo Ghoul, #7)
  • One Piece, Volume 3: Don't Get Fooled Again
  • D.Gray-man, Vol. 8 (D.Gray-man, #8)

Associated names :
荒川弘美 (real name)
ARAKAWA Hiromi

Name (in native language) : 荒川弘

Zodiac : Taurus

Blood type : A

Her self-portrait is usually that of a bespectacled cow, as she was born and raised on a dairy farm in Hokkaido with three older sisters and a younger brother. She worked as a farmer for 8 years before moving to Tokyo.

Arakawa thought about being a manga/>Blood/>Zodiac

Fullmetal Alchemist (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #1)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 2 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #2)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 3 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #3)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 4 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #4)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 5 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #5)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 7 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #7)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 8 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #8)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 9 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #9)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 10
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 11 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #11)