Start by marking “Cowboy” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176

Frank Roderus

Cowboy

Cowboy had been drifting ever since he left his home in Yellow House Creek, Texas, moving from ranch to ranch, following the work for nigh on 15 years. But he had been saving the pay he sweated so hard for, & he reckoned there was enough to set himself up with a spread of his own. He thought he might look into the Triple X Ranch, the one they called the Whiskey Brand.

Paperback, Large Print, 320 pages
Published December 31st 1982 by John Curley & Associates (first published 1981)

Start your review of Cowboy
Frank Kelso
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Cowboy Way!

An entertaining read. Cowboy could have ridden in from the first cattle drive and not been out of place in any ranch in the west. Roderus painted a great picture of the quintiessental American Cowboy!
Frank Watson
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: westerns
COWBOY is a good example of why Frank Roderus has become one of my favorite of the current crop of westerns writers.

“Cowboy” is the name of the main character. This could have been played for cuteness, laughs, or irony. It was merely his nickname. It was straightforward and proud. Just like the man.

The setting is just a little different from what we usually see: Texas, but after World War I after the vets have come home and automobiles were more common than horses. Cowboy, though still a young
joel franks
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cowboy delivers hard learned lessons of logic and modern type thinking to resolve our heroine's terroristic level problems.

Grabbed my attention from the first page. Little "of the expected Western drama nice firm character development with character development and surprises hidin behind hotel door. Good read. Better than expected. !!!!!
Casey
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Way better than I expected

I like best the tales of the earlier old west but Mr. Rosetta did a fabulous job of introducing me to that interim period between old west and the modern west.
His hero is a man I would like to have as a friend.
Elna Lackey
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cowboy was slow to get started but as you read the better it got !

I chose this rating because of the good story and the details. I would recommend this book highly to any of m friends!
Robert C. smith
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sandra Whittiker
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cowboy

Cowboy was a good read. It was a story about a man who left a good job to take a bet on his own dream. Sometimes what sounds good in a newspaper is not always the truth. What he finds is sure not what he expected.BRAVO
David
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
cowboy

This was a really good western story, Not one where the fastest gun fighters hang out, just a smart genuine cowboy who goes on a grand adventure I hope you enjoy as much as I did@!
james p glodjo
Frank does a good work .

F
Rank

I like the way he presents the storu,

I like the way he presents the story

does a good job writing.in the way he presents the story. As of he. Was a.good friend

Bill Megenity
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A. Very good read

The hero is just that. He's a cowboy with the ethics of a knight. Very refreshing. I will go on the hunt for more. Thanks.
John Shearer
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cowboy

This was an easy read, the characters are realistic and you fit in as if you were there. Mostly action and adventure that keeps on going.
Burke F. Ray
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding

The book is outstanding,and it will take you through the great years with your thoughts about how much you have enjoyed it.
Crockett White
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read

From the first sentence I found I could not put this book down!!!
Keep them coming!!!

Excellent writing,

Crockett White
luayne
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Boring

Not my kind of western. Very slow and then slower. Did not enjoy this book at all. Read first seven, then read last chapter. Not recommended.
Bryan Boswell
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good book. I liked how in the end he helped the lady and got a place of his own. I received an advance copy for an honest review.
Connie S. Koog
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cowboy;

This was a good read I was very impressed with your writing and I will be reading more of your work.
Larry Powers
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cattle

Cowboy comes to Colorado looking to start his own ranch. He ends up helping a lady in need, save her own ranch.
Vera G
Feb 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Law

I did not like the idea of saving the ranch by breaking the law of two countries. I just kept reading. It was a story that held interest. I just did not like the story.
D. E.
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An FR. Western/A Man Decided To Enter Bidding On A Ranch

FR. has. penned a western story about a man called Cowboy. Cowboy has traveled near and far working on different ranches. He had saved his money and finds a ranch to enter the bidding on. He works as foreman, but it is not his place. He had his to lie and a woman had won the bid. This is an excellent read for the genre.....DEHS
Dixie
Feb 21, 2019
John
Jan 29, 2019

• Ketcham's Land
  • Hell's Fire (The Lockes Book 3)
  • Thatch
  • Lahontan Valley War: A Terrence Corcoran Western
  • Inevitable
  • Callum's Mission: A Logan Family Western - Book 3
  • A Johnny Black Classic Western Adventure: Fate Rides A Tall Horse (Johnny Black Western Adventure Series Book 1)
  • Justice Comes Home (The Texas Riders Western) (A Western Frontier Fiction)
  • Marshal’s War on Blood Mines (A Classic Western Novel) (U.S. Marshal series Book 2)
  • Scandal in Topeka
  • Blue Valley (Ben Blue Book 14)
  • Once a Lawman (A Sheriff Ben Stillman Western)
  • Once a Marshal (A Sheriff Ben Stillman Western 1)
  • Return to Hardeman County
  • Blood on the Bighorns
  • A Cowboy’s Honor (The Texas Riders Western) (A Western Frontier Fiction)
  • Once Hell Freezes Over
  • Once More With a .44 (A Sheriff Ben Stillman Western)
Frank Roderus wrote his first story—it was a western—when he was five. It was really awful, as might be expected, but his mother kept that typed and spell-checked short story tucked away until the day she died.
Later, Frank became a newspaper reporter, thinking that books are written by authors which he most assuredly was not. He kept trying to write though, and eventually did it wrong enough to