Start by marking “Good Intentions (Volume One)” as Want to Read:
Good Intentions (Volume One)

Good Intentions (Volume One)

The road to hell is paved by good intentions.

I'm living proof of that.
When I met my wife I had good intentions. When I stayed in a marriage that doesn't work (to put it lightly) I had good intentions.
But then she came to work for me.
She was supposed to just a desire I would never fulfil.
I am a married man.
A father,
and she is too young.
But then, my wife crossed the line,
Published April 16th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Good Intentions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Good Intentions

Start your review of Good Intentions (Volume One)
Tracy Reads
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book

STOP! If you do not like cheating in books keep looking this is NOT the book for you!
I love this book it was HOT fast paced and short in all the right places which I think is really great for this story and even though I am probably biased I mean it is dedicated to me after all :) I still adored it, i'd totally give Nick a quickie in the office :)
His wife sounds like a right B I cannot wait for the next one!
Karin
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first book this author and I didn’t realize until the very last page that this was going to be a series cause this is a very quick novella and I found myself thinking at certain parts of the book I wish I had more of a backstory on Nick, Clare & Heather cause they were some gaps I would have loved to have filled so I’m really hoping to have them filled in the next volume. This story started off slow for me personally but it picked up quickly at about 60% but I still really enjoyed ...more
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
This is the second book published by this author and is the beginning of a new series. This is a novella length read and I presume the following books will be also.

When I read the blurb it definitely piqued my interest. For the most part the story contained what was mentioned but I felt that Nick’s behaviour/reaction wasn’t really warranted. There was no great moment that led him to cross the line, in fact it was a conscious decision really.

Nick’s wife Claire seems to have a very complex
Terri Turner
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this short, emotional and sexy novella. It was a short read but as it's the start of a new series it definitely sets the scene.

The characters were really well written and the author developed their personalities well. I was instantly drawn to Nick because at times my heart ached for the predicament he found himself in. He was a larger than life character with a sexy persona and hopefully, we will get more of him in the next book.

Ana Balen is a new author to me and this is only
Elaine
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

Wow what a way to start a new series and with that ending too.
There are so many questions I want answers too now.
I can't wait to see what Ana does with the second part.
This book was amazing, very sexy and I didn't want to put it down.
For 0.99 give it a try, I'm sure you won't be disappointed I wasn't.
Well done Ana.
Joy Novel Thoughts
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
I knew going in that Good Intentions was going to go be short and dirty, but it wasn't quite what I thought I was going to get when I read it. The story didn't really work for me, I just lacked the connection to the characters.

Tish Cocktails & Fairytales
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 smokin stars!!

I've been wanting to read this book since the first time I heard about it, so glad I finally got the opportunity to do that now. It was exciting and forbidden and so dang hot. You can bet that I won't be wasting anytime and will be starting book 2 immediately.
Susiej
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!!

Hot and intruiging!
A brilliant storyline with so many unanswered questions.
And that ending!?!?! Absolutely loved this book.....can't wait for book 2!
Cynthia Carpenter
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book may not be for everyone its a good emotional story with a few twists but with Nick and Heather and their passion for each other but for them and the fact he is married might be hard to swallow. It's got everything I would look for in the book but I just couldn't get a connection with the characters.
Lofty
Oct 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Nick is married to Claire thinking everything would be perfect a wife & child Ben, however appearances are deceptive.
Heather is his temporary secretary and a temptation to yearn for.
I’m hoping that more questions are answered in the next part to understand the relationship & why Claire is so cold etc?
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Quick read
Julie
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nick did the right thing, married his pregnant girlfriend even though they wanted nothing serious really and she knew that, it’s what she wanted too....Until she set him up. Now she want’s nothing to do with him or their child except to keep Nick in line and his money. Nick is miserable, he wants out but he adores his son and that’s how she’s got him tied.

This is a short, steamy, novella that has a cliffhanger. I was emotionally drawn to Nick’s predicament and even though I condone his actions,
Lesley Williams
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is full
Of cheating while I normally don’t go for that sort of thing, I didn’t mind this one I can’t wait to read the rest in the series.It has me wanting to see what happens next. I’m a new reader to this author and I thought the words flowed perfectly..
Jill Badker
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nick's in hell and doesn't want out because he will looses the most important thing to him. But can he turn of his feelings and ignore his thoughts? Being ignored and treated badly at home can make a man drive his good intentions straight through hell and might not find a way out.
Gladys
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is one of those books that will either work for you or not because it does contain cheating. This is only volume one so be prepared to wait for more. I liked this read and I found the story interesting. Just like real life things are not simple, easy or clear cut and that is definately what is going on in this book. There is still a whole lot left to explore, as I feel that the surface barely got scratched before this book ended. I'm intrigued to see where things go in volume two. This is ...more
Chasity Williams
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good short read

Nick plans for his marriage with Claire isn't how he expected it. It's loveless and she's only onky there for the money. But Nick stays for his son. Heather is his assistant at work. There is a attraction there. What will happen if the cross the line? Will Nick care what his wife thinks? What will happen in the next book?

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced readers copy of this book
Sarah Light
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a very quick read, but boy oh boy does it grab you by the important bits and pull you right in. When introduced to the characters Ana gives us just enough to wet your whistle, and has you craving your next fix almost as soon as your done with it. With Heather, well she comes off as a very shy, girl next store people pleaser, but then at other times you get a quick peek at something else under all of it, with a moral compass she hangs so tightly to I was surprised with what happens. ...more
Liz
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I first decided to read Good Intentions by Ana Balen I did not realize it was going to be a serial, but either way I am hooked! I cannot wait for the next volume! I will put this out there, as the author did as well, there is cheating in this book, but I am all about the angst!

When Nick married his wife, he was ready to make his marriage work as she was going to be the mother of his child. But Claire, his wife, had other plans that had more to do with his money. But Nick loves his son and
Amo
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a quick read but packs quite a lot to keep you interested.

Nick I felt quite sorry for him, from one day living life with no cares in the world then boom life completely being knocked on its ass. But now how will life plan out after the choices he’s making?

Claire, I can’t figure her out I feel like I want to dislike her but there’s something holding me back, there’s got to be more to her story but what the hell can it be?

Oh heather how you’re tangled up in the web and how the hell
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog

Ana Balen is a new author to me and this is only
Lisa Roberts
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really really loved all the emotion in this book Nick is in an awful situation and there doesn't seem like their is any light in his life and I feel bad for him he is defeated in a horrible way and fights with himself and his thoughts are all over the place to do the right thing when temptation is right in your face and you need that little bit of compassion and to know you are worth something. The characters are so well written you can feel the emotion throughout the whole story what hes ...more
Becky Baldridge
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good Intentions has a good pace and interesting characters, not necessarily all likable characters, but they do make for an interesting read. If cheating and cliffhangers are hard limits, this one has both, so be forewarned. While I can't say I agree with the cheating part, there are some extenuating circumstances, and this is fiction after all. Everything considered, the story is a sexy, quick read that held my attention, and I'll be interested to see what happens next.
LaineyDS- Fictional Bookboyfriends
Nick is stuck in a marriage he never saw coming. His wife Claire changed from the woman he married into a cold selfish person he barely recognises, she doesn’t show him love and doesn’t show love to their son.
At his work Nick finds himself being tested by a younger woman who invaded him thoughts and tests his strengths in ways he never imagined.
They soon find the temptation too great but what will Nicks next move be where his loveless marriage is concerned?
Joy Boutwell
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was recommended to me, so I thought I'd give it a try. I normally don't read books with cheating in them but I'm glad I decided to read this one. It was fantastic. The short book is well written and the story flows. My heart goes out to Nick for all he has to put up with. This is a book you don't want to miss. But it does end with a cliffhanger.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
A short contemporary steamy romance. This was a hard one for me to rate because of my personal beliefs on marriage and such so I’m not quite sure what to say. The story ended in a cliffhanger leaving the reader in suspense of where it goes from here. The characters weren’t bad just wasn’t a fan of how things played out.
Julie Workman
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg how awesome is this book

This is chapter one and I can't wait for more.

Sometimes the thing you want the most is the thing that you can't/shouldn't have.

But what if once in a while you do something for you something selfish, would it turn out any different? I can't wait to find out
Wendy Livingstone
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in a new series, and is a quick read. This story is well written and is an emotional and sexy read. This does end with a cliffy, and hopefully it is not a long wait for the second book. I was intrigued and hooked throughout. I recommend this talented authors’ work.
Kirsty Adams - Kindle Freak Book Blog
What a start to a series! Nick is between a rock and a hard place and I really felt for him. His love for his little boy, Ben really shone through.

There were scorching hot scenes and I found the flow and pace of the story, spot on! I excitedly await the next book!
Carol Pennington
May 11, 2019 rated it liked it
If you are looking for a short, steamy book with a good start at a back story, this book is for you. I personally prefer clean books, so this one didn’t appeal to me. There is a lot of foul language and several sex scenes. If your tolerance for those things will allow, give this novella a chance.
Rowena
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sizzling romance read!

This newest release will have you hooked from the start. Enjoyable storyline with the right amount of heat and forbidden love that will have you wanting more. Can’t wait for the next part of this sizzling romance read.
Diane Norwood For The Love of Pimping
A quick, steamy read. Nick, finds himself in a predicament, which makes you understand a little better, why people that are married, do the things they do. It does end on a cliffhanger, but that just has me intrigued to read the next book, and learn what is going to happen next.

• Christmas Hostage
  • Rock Star
  • Entrapped (Entangled #2)
  • Wrapped in Red (By Chance Duet, #1)
  • Drop Dead Dirty
  • Daddy's Dirty Boss
  • Entitled (Entangled, #1)
  • More than Friends
  • Daddy's Best Friend: An Older Man Younger Woman Contemporary Romance
  • A Hurt So Sweet: Volume Two (Elite of Eden Falls Prep #2)
  • Devils & Dust
  • Long Road Home
  • The Girl in the Basket
  • A Hurt So Sweet: Volume One (Elite of Eden Falls Prep #1)
  • Cruel Boy
  • The Queen: Sanguine Series Book One
  • Mechanic's Heart
  • Dragonel (Cryptomorphs Book 1)
Ana Balen was born in Zagreb, Croatia, where she still lives with her husband, their son (read boss!) and the son’s pet rabbit named Shhh! (or some other gibberish that’s the favorite of their son for the day.)
She spends her days driving her husband up the wall (when he can’t get her ass up from the bed in the mornings), reading and daydreaming, or following orders from a two-year old. In the