Start by marking “That Familiar Touch (Matrix of Destiny, #4)” as Want to Read:
That Familiar Touch (Matrix of Destiny, #4)

That Familiar Touch

(Matrix of Destiny #4)

The beloved Matrix of Destiny series continues with the exciting tale of the beautiful feline shapeshifter Soosha. The Familiar woman yearns for exotic adventure, and must defy her king's orders to stay planetside. She sets off on a secret escapade to discover new worlds. Soon, her journey leads her to a mysterious land -- and a very compelling stranger named Daxan.

Soosha
Published July 1st 2004 by House of Sages (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about That Familiar Touch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about That Familiar Touch

Holly
Jun 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Young Soosha is straining at the bit to start off on her first adventure. She can't wait to experience the freedom and excitement of exploring new worlds and just when she's reached her majority, the King of the Familiars closes the Tunnel that leads offworld and issues a decree that all Familiars are to remain on their home-world of M'yan until the psychotic leader Karpon has been brought to justice for his crimes against the Familiar people. This rather impetuous beauty is not going to let a k ...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
The fourth book in Dara Joy's Matrix of Destiny series. Soosha is angry that the tunnel is closed and she is forbidden to leave M'yan. So she sneaks off the planet and ends up in Spoltam. Daxan Sahain finds her and brings her to his home to protect her. Meanwhile, her brother Brygar and Traed are sent to find her and bring her home.

It wasn't bad but I really didn't care for Soosha's careless behavior. I am saddened that the series wasn't finished because I really want to read Traed's story and s
Goge (BARRONS) le Moning Maniac,
*bites lip*.. What's with the cover? Don't.. like it.
Linda
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
So what happens to Traed, Brygar, Dariq, and Karpon? The summaries for Matrix #5 and #6 don't mention any of them. Are we to be left hanging?

The editing in this book left something to be desired. Misspelled or misused words: 1. Soosha / Soosha's; 2. wile / while; 3. Daxan / Daxan's; 4. woman / women; 5. accompanies / accompany; 6. Zysyz / Zysyz's; 7. Tread / Traed (and he's one of the main characters!); 8. non-Familiars / non-Familiar; 9. donned / dawned; 10. no where / nowhere; 11. bating / bai
Oleander
Jun 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Not as good as the first three books. Based on the author's notes for the book, there were serious health issues for a loved one going on at the time of this book's release and perhaps that effected the writing. This story lacked some of the creativity I've come to associate with Ms. Joy. There was a nice twist at the end of the story and the side characters were a hoot. Will continue to read the series and am up for a reread of the first three.
The book also contains a second story about a woodc
Breane Ross
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love this book! The heroine is a great character. Highly recommend this book and the entire series!
Stacy Gallina
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as good as the book before

I thought this book would be Traden's story, but it wasn't. The couple in the book were briefly dating then mated. It took no time at all, the other part of the story just ended without any more information. The book just ended. Therefore, I was disappointed with this novel. However, I am glad I read it because it provided more insight to the upcoming battle.
dovie m clark
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love your books, but when will Tread's story come out?.

I would recommend your books to everyone. My rating of your books is as high as I can go, if I could go higher I would. Each one of your books let's me go too orther world's. When I was going for my cancer trements , I would bring your book with me to read, thank you so much for they kept my mind off of all that I was going though. Thank you very much.
Karen
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was ok
I didn't like this as well as the previous books. The writing wasn't like the older Joy books and the first story was choppy. The heroine was a little TSTL, but then she wouldn't have met her mate is she hadn't been. Her brother was annoying as well. The second story was OK, but the ending was open to interpretation, but I prefer the HEA.
Jetzabel Huerta
Mar 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Feline

my thoughts on this book is simply select. I have read more about these Familiars and wondered how a female would be. She was captivating and interesting however I have to say I would like a more adventurous female characters.
Tanya
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Did not care for this story

I will finish reading the 2 novellas for this series but I would not recommend it. Everything is always left unfinished in these books have not cares for them.
Neko13
Mar 05, 2016 added it
Shelves: love
Тя е фамелиерка и бяга от вкъщи, за да се наслади на своето приключение. Среща своя мъж, мисли си, че го оженва за себе си без той да знае, докато не открива, че той също е фамелиер и я е изиграл.
Angie
Mar 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
For anyone who enjoyed Knight of a Trillion Stars!
Vanashri
Jun 12, 2017
Pam G
Oct 31, 2010
Susan
rated it did not like it
Jul 28, 2013
Helen
Jul 25, 2018
Krasimira
Jan 22, 2015

• Lovescape
  • In Her Blood (Lunewulf, #2)
  • The Night Before Christmas
  • The Skypirate (Coalition Rebellion, #2)
  • Heart Search (Celta's Heartmates, #10)
  • Exiled
  • Unmasked (UN-Forgettable, #4)
  • Wintertide
  • Enemy Games (Enemy, #2)
  • No Escape (Trek Mi Q'an, #4)
  • Beyond The Shadows (Realms Beyond, #2)
Blazing new trails in experimental fiction is a top priority for Dara Joy. Her novels break all the rules and have captured a huge audience. Her unique works have gone on to receive numerous awards.

Matrix of Destiny (5 books)
  • Knight of a Trillion Stars (Matrix of Destiny #1)
  • Rejar (Matrix of Destiny, #2)
  • Mine to Take (Matrix of Destiny, #3)
  • Death by Ploot Ploot (Matrix of Destiny, #5)