Start by marking “De laatste zes (De laatste zes, #1)” as Want to Read:
De laatste zes (De laatste zes, #1)

De laatste zes

(The Final Six #1)

Terwijl de aarde wordt geteisterd door aardbevingen, orkanen en overstromingen worden vierentwintig van de slimste tieners ter wereld geselecteerd om één van de plekken te bemachtigen op het ruimteschip naar Europa - de maan van Jupiter. Daar zullen ze een nieuwe kolonie stichten.

Voor de Italiaanse wedstrijdzwemmer Leo is deze missie precies wat hij nodig heeft na het verl
Published March 15th 2019 by IMAGINE (first published March 6th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about De laatste zes, please sign up.
Devon Munn I'm watching an interview right now, I'm pretty sure she said that there is going to be a sequel, it would be interested to binge read this alongside…moreI'm watching an interview right now, I'm pretty sure she said that there is going to be a sequel, it would be interested to binge read this alongside Dare Mighty Things by Heather Kaczynski, cause they have a similar plot(less)
Liv From what i have heard the next book should be coming out sometime next year. The author said she will be updating people soon on Instagram on the…moreFrom what i have heard the next book should be coming out sometime next year. The author said she will be updating people soon on Instagram on the title and cover. she is working on it now. (less)

Camila Roy ••RoyIsReading••
RATING: 4/5

*I recieved an e-ARC from Edelweiss and HarperCollins in exchange for an honest review*

This is a fast-paced dystopian/sci-fi novel with an interesting concept and a lot of romance.
Our main characters, Leo and Naomi, are competing to become one of The Final Six (teenagers who will be sent to Jupiter's Moon ''Europa'', in hopes of making it a safe place for mankind). In order to be chosen, they'll have to overcome obstacles and pass certain tests.

I really enjoyed this book. I think the
Ishmeen
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was everything I wanted out of this story y’all it was so interesting and my scifi heart is super content 👏🏼 I have to say though the ending did seem a bit rushed and there were some areas I wish had been explored more in depth but I am still looking forward to the next book which I’m sure will be even more exciting to read about :)
Alexandra Monir
Jan 19, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I mean, this book is my baby- of course it gets 5 stars! ;) In all seriousness, I hope you enjoy reading FINAL SIX as much as I loved the experience of writing it. Thank you, all of you, who are giving it a read!
Kassidy
3.5*

It was a very interesting and emotional story!
chloe ꒰♡ˊ͈ ु꒳ ूˋ͈꒱.⑅*♡
*WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD!*

So, I'm not a huge fan of sci-fi.

Sure, I enjoyed reading Your One and Only by Adrianne FInlay and Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff, but sci-fi in general is not my type of book? (Ugh what am I talking about please ignore my rambling.)

The cover is so beautiful! I love galaxy backgrounds <3 (My old Wattpad account username was galaxywifi. Apparently galaxy backgrounds and Wi-Fi were two of my favorite things back when I was in the fifth grade.)

To be honest, I
Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller
A fun YA read in the same vein as Nyxia by Reintgen. RTC :)
Dani - Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

Earth is now ravaged with megastorms that beat against the cities on the coasts all around the world. As those cities are flooded one by one, humanity finds they are no longer safe on the earth. Scientists and astronauts work together to prepare a final six for a mission to Jupiter's Moon to terraform a new beginning. When Leo, an Italian championship swimmer, and Naomi, an Iranian science genius from California, are 2 of 24 teenagers drafted fo
Serap S.D.
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Çok güzeldi,çok sevdim 2.kitabı keşke hemen çıksaydı (2020 de yurtdışında çıkacak ,muhtemelen yazar daha yazmadı bile...burda ne zaman çıkar belli degil) YA kitabı,karakterler 17 yaşında o yüzden inandırıcılığını zaman zaman sorgulasam da tam benlik bir kitaptı...veeee aşk üçgenini YOKKK... daha ne olsun😍4,5 tan 5...şu yaşları 20 küsür yapsalar ne iyi olacak...Leo, tatlisim bir tanesin😍
Not:Bu kitapta olaylar dünyada yaşanıyor, uzaya firlatilmalariyla kitap bitiyor...2.kitap uzay yolculuğunda yaş
Alison
Aug 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 STARS
This was a really fun read. It was a little scary to see how this could be our world someday (nature is uncontrollable and unpredictable and natural disasters are killing people all over the world). I liked the concept of sending people to a space camp to train to get ready to go live on one of Jupitar's moons.
I wish we had gotten to see more of their training, especially with something so important, I feel like it would have taken more time and skills. It seems like they are basically
Crazy4Books
This book is about 24 teens who get drafted into a space training program where the final six will be sent to Jupiters moon in the hopes of making it habitable for a human civilization. With Earth being ravaged by mega storms and a rising tide they're humanities last hope. Our female main character is a science prodigy who's more aware than most the risks involved with this mission and her gut is telling her the mission leaders are hiding something from them. With nothing to go back to and nothi ...more
Karen’s Library
When I read the synopsis of The Final Six, I was immediately drawn to the premise. The keywords for me were Space Training Camp, establish colony on Jupiter’s moon Europa, cutthroat atmosphere, Earth is dying... Yea! All of my favorite things to read about!

And I was NOT disappointed! In fact, if it wasn’t for the fact that I had to put the book down to sleep (finally at 2ish am), I would have read it in one sitting.

24 teens are chosen from around the world to begin training for a colonization
Mila
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, but I'm just really confused. How's there no sequel announced after this book ends on such a good cliffhanger? I don't understand.

I really enjoyed this book, it was addicting. I loved both the narrators, especially Leo, he's such a sweet guy. And it's also sciency but it's not that complicated so even I could get most of it.

I'm really hoping for the sequel because this can't be a standalone. Please, don't be a standalone.
ellie ♡
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: really-liked-it
4.3 | alright, i was genuinely surprised by this book? i went into it not know anything, and just the fact that it’s about nasa and space exploration made me love it so so much!

everything about this book was executed perfectly. i loved the characters (naomi and leo own my heart omg), i loved the writing style, i loved the plot, i loved everything!

my one wish is that it would’ve been told in third person pov rather than first, but overall i’m very satisfied with this book as whole. i’m so glad
Sara Saif

I flew, I mean legit FLEW, through this. One day, 24 hours, that’s how long it took and not because it was a small book. I still cannot believe how fast I read it. It was BRILLIANT!

I dig space shit. Besides fantasy stuff like kingdoms and witches and dragons, sci-fi is my go-to genre. Especially the ones that are set in other planets or about trying to go to other planets. The Final Six is about 24 teens are chosen in a draft to train for a space mission to colonize one of Jupiter’s moons Europa
Myrna
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Fun read with a Hunger Games/Divergent vibe and some twists thrown in. Can’t wait to read the next book! Ugh, that ending!
Marcia
Enerzijds was ‘De laatste zes’ precies waar ik zin in had: een eenvoudig vlot lezend boek voor tussendoor. De setting van onze planeet verwoest door water - als gevolg van klimaatverandering is heel interessant en actueel. Anderzijds zit het boek bomvol clichés. Vanaf de eerste keer dat twee personages elkaar in de ogen kijken zijn ze verliefd op elkaar (blegh), een groep jongeren komt terecht in een trainingsprogramma waar ondertussen mensen afvallen, iemand ontdekt dat ze niet de hele waarheid ...more
Karen
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, sci-fi
See my full review and much more on my blog KissinBlueKaren

The characters in the book are pretty awesome. Naomi is brilliant. She really loves, and lives for, her little brother who has a heart condition. Her whole life has been trying to figure out a cure for his heart and stay with her brother. Being drafted isn’t anything she is interested in. Her goal in the competition is to be sent home to her family.

Leo, like many kids in the competition has nothing to go home to. His whole family was k
Tanja Berg
Twenty-four teenagers from an earth badly suffering from climate change are chosen as potential crew on a mission to Europa. Jupiter's moon has been chosen as potential future habitat for humanity, given that Earth has been used up.

Given that we are depleting resources and polluting the very Earth we depend on to feed us, the underlying theme of the book - an uninhabitable planet - feels urgent and relevant. The beginning of the book is thus quite promising. It does not hold up.

I had of course
Cori Reed
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars!
Anne (The Reading Life)
The Final Six is another science fiction young adult book that shows us another devastating future possibility we are heading towards. In this book, due to human's abuse of Earth's environment, global warming finally reached a point of no return, with earth's habitat becoming a ticking time bomb. All resources are not used to other than finding a survival for the human race, which in this case is Europa, humanity's last hope.

Twenty-four teenagers chose from all over the world, the best of the b
Madison
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Final Six combines thrilling tension, intense romance, heartbreaking grief, and sci-fi speculation in a world that is facing the disastrous consequences of climate change.

Leo has nothing left to live for. His family were killed in one of the massive natural disasters to hit Rome, and with no one to care for, he has given up all hope. Until, shockingly, Leo is drafted to the new world army. He is now one of twenty-four teenagers battling it out to become one of the Final Six. The chosen six
Lilly (Lair Of Books)
***3.5 STARS***

Which means I enjoyed my time with this book/characters & the premise isn't too far fetched at all given our current climate but it left some things to be desired ...Full RTC on Lair Of Books (Link is in the bio)

*HUGE thanks to HarperTeen, Edelweiss & Alexandra Monir for the ARC copy ofThe Final Six

UPDATE: FINAL REVIEW MAY ALSO BE VIEWED ON MY BLOG LAIR OF BOOKS

MY REVIEW

March was the month of Sci-Fi for this little bookworm & I really had a blast spending time with on
Heidi
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Three and a half stars: A thrilling, dystopian book featuring teenagers competing to colonize Jupiter’s moon.

Another devastating storm has decimated another major city. Earth and all of its inhabitants are in extreme danger due to catastrophic climate changes. The only hope now rests on the shoulders of an elite group of twenty four teenagers, picked from the entire world’s population for their gifts. They will compete for six coveted spots to head into space. The destination is Europa, one of
Jenni Frencham
Climate change has wrecked Earth, so twenty-four teens from around the globe are chosen to compete for a slot in the shuttle that will go to Europa with hopes of establishing a human settlement there. Told from the perspectives of Leo, an Italian swimmer recently orphaned when Italy went underwater, and Naomi, an Iranian-American science nerd from California who is suspicious of this entire mission.

What I Liked: The premise is kind of interesting. I was intrigued to see what would happen - how
3.5/5 stars

The Final Six is a Young Adult Science Fiction novel. There is a sequel planned.

The story is set in the future (the date is not specified). The basic premise is that the earth is in dire shape with floods and earthquakes. Twenty-four teens are being drafted to the International Space Training Camp. These teens will be competing to become one of six teens sent on a mission to Europa (Jupiter’s moon).

The narrators are teenagers Naomi and Leo (1st person POVs). Leo is from Italy and is a
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
It's written by Alexandra Monir so of course I knew there's going to be a lot of romance. I didn't mind that at all because the pair wasn't too dramatic. They were matched pretty well.

I was impressed with the setting and the whole theme of The Final Six and now I'm very excited about the sequel because the cliffhanger was cruel. Just as we were getting some more information about the whole process of colonization, it ended. Can't wait to see what's going to happen next.
Caitlin
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was hooked from the very first line. THE FINAL SIX by Alexandra Monir is a fast-paced and completely engrossing YA Sci-Fi novel. This book is serious page turner! MAJOR cliffhanger warning: the ending is completely unexpected and you will be left wanting more… Highly recommend!!!
Dayle (the literary llama)
Duuuuuude. I need book 2. NOW! ... more intelligent thoughts coming soon (ha!).

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Literally Leander: First Impressions - July 1 5 Apr 02, 2019 01:24PM
HMSA Summer Reading: Book Review: The Final Six 2 4 Aug 03, 2018 05:18PM
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Please Replace Cover 6 233 Oct 29, 2017 04:03AM

• The Pioneer (The Pioneer, #1)
  • Ignite the Stars (Ignite the Stars, #1)
  • Sanctuary (Sanctuary, #1)
  • Mars One
  • Dare Mighty Things
  • Honor Among Thieves (The Honors, #1)
  • Amid Stars and Darkness (The Xenith Trilogy, #1)
  • Contagion (Contagion, #1)
  • Our Dark Stars
  • A Conspiracy of Stars (Faloiv, #1)
  • Meridian (Arclight, #2)
  • The Disasters
  • Heart of Iron (Heart of Iron, #1)
  • Tabula Rasa (Tabula Rasa, #1)
  • Devils Unto Dust
  • Pitch Dark
  • The Beloved Wild
  • Your One & Only
Alexandra Monir, Iranian-American author and recording artist, has published five novels for young adults, including her popular debut, Timeless. A Barnes & Noble best-seller and one of Amazon’s “Best Books of the Month,” Timeless and its sequel, Timekeeper, have been featured in numerous media outlets and been published in different countries around the world. She followed the duology with Su ...more

The Final Six (2 books)
  • The Life Below (The Final Six, #2)
“It's like we're in Hogwarts for space, but instead of teaching us magic, they're preparing us to get kicked off the planet.” 5 likes
“A funny thing happens when you have nothing left to live for. Your existence loses all its sharp edges. There are no more steep drops, no hills to climb. Colors blur and muddle together until your surroundings are a bunch of meaningless shapes and figures painted in the same shade of gray. There's nothing that could possibly surprise you or resurrect those old sensations of joy or fear. No humans could be as unfeeling, as numb, as you are. And then, just when you're getting lulled into the monotonous routine, something snaps. No more.” 4 likes