Start by marking “Ridorkulous (Dorky Duet #1)” as Want to Read:
Ridorkulous (Dorky Duet #1)

Ridorkulous

(Dorky Duet #1)

Awkwardland. It’s where I live. And I’m the president, mayor, and sole citizen.

Reese is living her safest life. This polymath is tired of trying to fit in with a small town that never knows what to do with her. Her absentee family may have forced her into dorm life for her own good, but she goes from her classes to her room and back—no parties, no dates, and no drawing
Published May 10th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Ridorkulous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ridorkulous

Start your review of Ridorkulous (Dorky Duet #1)
Tracy  C
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fitz and Reese had a bit of a slow burn. Fitz being able to see Reese come out of her shell and participate in life was everything. The situation they managed to get themselves into was very Ridorkulous. As was the cast of secondary characters! Just missed 5 stars because I thought the ending was a bit abrupt.
Clau
Nov 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Ridorkulous is a cute and funny romance, where we have a shy and awkward main character. Reese has a really hard time communicating with others and making friends. It doesn't help that her roommate is mean and only talks to her to insult her.
Because of said roommate, she ends up being homeless in the middle of the semester. And she only finds one room available in the whole campus, but she must compete with Fitz to get it. Fitz as in the jerk who used to date her former roommate.
The story is
Luli
3,5 stars.
Cute and enjoyable. You will need a bit of suspension of disbelief nonetheless.
Jane
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a hoot! It’s intelligent, quirky, fun and romantic! If you like smart heroines, hunky hero’s, an ex-drama queen, and a dash of silliness to solve a housing crisis - then this book is for you. It’s a stand-alone story with interesting characters that are hard not to love.
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

When Reese is kicked out of her dorm for reasons that have nothing to do with anything she did wrong, she finds the last housing available. Unfortunately, she has to compete with Fitz for that room. What's a dorky girl to do when faced with the popular athlete?

Ridorkulous was refreshing fun, cute and charming. I loved Reese and Fitz together! Not only were they adorable together, but I loved how different their story was from the stuff I normally read. If you like your romances with dorky but
Casey Moon
Jun 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Good but too insta-lovey

This was a fun story with likeable main characters but the romance felt incredibly rushed. They only knew eachother for 2 weeks and then dated for what? 2 days? Not to mention the male MC had just gotten out of a relationship with his childhood love and was expected to just move on and figure out his feelings immediately. Idk, not my cup of tea. Fun plot but way too insta-lovey.
Rebecca Lockx (Robbers)
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mary I love you !!
Usually I never take this long to read one of your books but my days are too busy it makes me cry sometimes !!
But never the less !! 5 amazing stars how I love how you write about smart girls !!
I loved the story line like how did you think of this haha especially the Jude character and Beast I am so curious as if he will speak in the next book.
I loved the connection between Reese and Fitz ! And the bedlam Games !!
I just loved it all !!! Thanks for being a Amazing !!
Shorouk Abd Elhamed
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars,

This is a ridiculous story. I had to stop my mind at the beginning but after that everything was okay.

Likes:
I loved the representation of a Polymath person.
I liked all the characters. The young and old characters.
The story starts with unique start for a couple to be and I liked the change.

Dislikes:
There were some things that Fitz said that I didn't like but not too much things.
Ornella (Nyx)
Jul 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
Truly ridorkulous. Cute and fun read!
Judy Christiana
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy being exposed to “new-to-me” authors. According to my Goodreads listing I found Mary Frame in September 2015. I am pretty sure that her book “Imperfect Chemistry was free for a short time and I picked it up. That is a great way to discover new authors (to you). I loved her writing style, her humor and her characters. I was hooked after the first book and then read every other books she released.
It took me a while to get to a point to read Ridorkulous. I had a large TBR (to be read) stack
Faith89
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a different sort of romance than my usual pick. It was refreshingly entertaining. I will not give details but I absolutely loved the characters and the plot. Especially Reese and her adventures. She is a dork with a capital D. She likes to be invisible. Stays in the shadows and has a brain like a computer. Awkward and sweet. You can’t help but fall in love with her. You never know what will happen. Fitz is the hero. Handsome, a bit of a nerd but has a big heart. The kindness gets him ...more
Kimberlyn Day
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Everything about this book was adorable--except the steamy parts. Those were, well, steamy ;):) I love how Ms. Frame makes romance and sex and friendship all feel...happy. Even though some of the stuff in the book is heavy, like the angsty ex and her (probable) mental health issues, the couple focuses on the future and their better selves. On learning and growing and finding passion. Good people finding good people.
Sabrina
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this one in a couple of hours without stopping, it was so good ! The story is unusual and funny, and the characters are the best. All of them were interesting, you cannot help but like them and how they all become friends. Also this is a bit of a slow burn, the hero and heroine are really different and fighting against each other but they slowly become friends and open to each other as well as resolving their own personal difficulties. The writing style is impeccable, I liked how well ...more
JadeShea
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ridorkulous begins when the hero and heroine meet in a very strange way, and now both of them are homeless. Now, they must compete for a room to stay in, and things are getting even more complicated.

This book was different and funny. I enjoyed the hero and heroine together, the only downside was the stupid drama with the ex-girlfriend. That was annoying. Other than that, I really enjoyed this one a lot.
Deb Le
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just have to say that I adored this one. The story is original, quirky and extremely funny. Beautifully written with fantastic characters - granny has to be my favourite…… A real light hearted page turner.
Eleonora
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anytime you open up a Mary Frame book you know you are going to get a unique, witty, and charming tale. Ridorkulous is all of this and more. I love the fact that there are always twists to these romantic comedies; they are never cookie cutter but instead are always so original. Reese is a painfully shy genius who just wants to go about her college experience with the least amount of human interaction as possible. Through the actions of her bullying roommate she finds herself in the hilarious ...more
Alicia
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
Cute, but just not what I spend my little free time wanting to devour reading at night.

For someone younger and newer to the romance genre, I’d recommend—but seasoned romance/erotica connoisseurs like myself, nope.
Mack
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Partly cute but the romance didn't have enough depth that in my opinion
Nanda
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A book that makes Jane Austen's references is always a good book
Loved Fitz and Reese!
Bookishly
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Ridorkulous is about the typical nerdy girl and the athlete that somehow helps her. But this takes a very interesting turn.

In Ridorkulous, Reese has a bit of social anxiety and everyone that cares about her wants to help with that. With varying results. Fitz, the aforementioned athlete, had a girlfriend. The dormmate of Reese. There were incidents. The dormmate was a piece
Ale96_CalS Paola
A PEACEFUL, LITTLE YA ROM COM THAT I SO DESPERATLY NEEDED TO GET BACK ON THE LITERARY HORSE.

Let's begin with admitting the couple of Reese and Fitz would never be my first choice, because of their lack of perfection, but somehow it made it less dramatic and more easy. IDK how was that even possible, but they did it and are now enjoying a lovely cute relationship. I felt the book and both their perspectives were so honest in the most cliché world but with less than cliché personalities, I mean I
Emily Pennington
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Just as the title may imply, this was a really fun read! Reese Jackson is an extremely shy genius, not caring for the party life but just completing her college work without fanfare or drama. Because of her roommate’s drama, they get kicked out of the dorm and Reese has to find other accommodations. Roommate Abby's ex, Fitz Moreland, who was part of the drama when he caught her in an “awkward situation” and got in a fight with the guy, still tried to help Abby and ended up giving up his room so ...more
SS
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: those who enjoy light romance and comedy
This is the start of another sweet and entertaining romance series from author Mary Frame. Did I say funny? It's full of laugh provoking situations. And unusual ones.

Meet Reese Jackson, the daughter of famous artists, sister of an up and coming chef, and an invisible, if intelligent, young woman. Her roommate, Abby, hasn't treated Reese in the best possible manner, but the opening scene demonstrates just how little Abby thinks of Reese. I never lived in a college dorm, but my kid did, and the
Skip
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When Reese the brainiac, whose best self defence mechanism is invisibility, gets unwittingly embroiled in her selfish bully roommate's cheating drama, she is dismayed and astonished to find herself homeless. Since all of the decent college housing has already long been taken, she finds herself competing for the last room available in town with one of the reasons she was put in this predicament: the cuckolded ex of her former roommate. Hot guy Fitz put up with his ex's cheating and manipulation ...more
Magali
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A lot of humor and tenderness
I loved this story, that is, the story, the characters and the often hilarious situations, spiced up with a touch of romance that intensifies over the pages.
How to get a student room in a saturated city for housing: challenge the candidates!
The story is funny offbeat, with quite surprising reactions around the two participants Reese and Fitz, who are two kind catapulted in this madness by accident and victims of the mistakes of others. Because of this, they find
Up All Night Book Addict
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2020, reviews
I picked this one up because I thought it sounded like a cute and funny read. I love nothing better than a funny book.

This one is fifty-fifty. It has some really funny parts. And it has a really great cast of odd characters. I love a good cast of characters, that's for sure.

I enjoyed this book. It had some great moments and some not as great moments. Overall, I enjoyed this book. I'm glad I picked it up.

The biggest downfall for this book is the conflict resolution throughout the book. Everytime
Niken Widyastuti
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am so in love with this writer. None of her books followed the usual rhyme of romance book. Yes, the characters might sound classic. But their actions, their thoughts were so original.

I love Reese and Fitz. Their character might sound pitiful, yet they’re resilient and strong in their own merit. This was not a case of insta-love. They started as a sort-of stranger, slowly opened up to become friends and then more, much more. The way the story told was impeccable, the flow was neat and smooth.
Jenny Houle
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
While the book was more than a little predictable, I still really enjoyed it. I don’t typically like books with cliff hangers...this book doesn’t have one per se, but I was really curious how a certain story line that was introduced was going to play out without taking too much from the original characters’ plot, so I was thrilled when I got to the end and realized it was the next book on the series.
I loved Reese and her Grandma. Fitz is a pretty great leading male character. I really want to
Linda
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute, sweet, romantic: thoroughly scrumptious!

I can't fault anything in the composition of this excellent story. College student leads Reese and Fitz grow emotionally in the midst of their room competition, the villain is foiled and it ended up with a truly lovely, touching finale. From the pandemonium of a dust-up in the dorms in the first chapter to Reese's final challenge at the end, the quirky and comic mixed with Reese's sea change transformation from a shrinking violet to a confident,
Diely
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Young Love

As usual, Mary Frame delivers a refreshing mixture of romance and humor. The quotes at the beginning of each chapter are always a nice bonus.

Fitz and Reese enter a competition against each other and their war turns into attraction. In the process, pathologically shy and nerdy Reese has to learn to stand up for herself and socialize.

This time I didn’t fall in love with the main characters as much as in previous books and found them a little immature. Spoiled as I am with this author’s
« previous 1 3 next »

• Weight Expectations (Cipher Office, #1)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery #1)
  • Applied Electromagnetism (Chemistry Lessons, #4)
  • Stud Muffin (Donner Bakery, #2)
  • My Bare Lady (Scorned Women's Society, #1)
  • No Whisk No Reward (Donner Bakery, #3)
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library, #3)
  • Sticking to the Script (Cipher Office #2)
  • A Billion Times No (Fake It Till You Make It #1)
  • Code of Conduct (Cipher Security, #1)
  • Kissing Galileo (Dear Professor, #2)
  • The Lineup
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • Happy-Go-Lucky
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
Mary Frame is a full time mother and wife with a full time job. She has no idea how she manages to write novels, except that it involves copious amounts of wine. She doesn't enjoy writing about herself in third person, but she does enjoy reading, writing, dancing, and damaging the ear drums of her co-workers when she randomly decides to sing to them.

She lives in Reno, Nevada with her husband, two

Dorky Duet (2 books)
  • Geektastic (Dorky Duet, #2)