Start by marking “Mindcull” as Want to Read:
Mindcull

Mindcull

In a time when nothing is as real as virtual reality, sixteen-year-old Eila is short-listed in a competition by a global technology giant. But then law enforcement officers force her to spy for them, underground activists reveal a murderous plot and someone uses virtual reality to fill her head with a stranger’s thoughts.

Amid secrets, lies and distortions, Eila must decide
Published June 1st 2019 by Ford Street Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Mindcull, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mindcull

Start your review of Mindcull
Erica Rist
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fast paced teen sci fy novel. I couldn't put it down. Love Eila the strong independent female character in a world not far from ours. This has left me wanting more.
EthanTheBookCritic
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read Mindcull! This book is amazing. Action packed and fast moving this is a perfect read. I strongly recommended reading this book it’s AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bek Mcclellan
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love YA novels, and this one did not disappoint. The VR genre reminded me of James Dashner (who wrote Maze Runner) “Mortality Doctrine” series. I love the relatable, strong female protagonist, and will recommending this to my younger female friends as there are not enough books with strong, female characters. Hoping to learn more about this in the future, and looking forward to more book by KH Canobi.
Story
Hello Everybody and welcome back! The holidays are over and I spent a lot of time reading! Specifically, rereading many series I like (Fablehaven, The Threshold Series etc, I might tell you the details later 😁), but I did enjoy one new book!
Mindcull is by an awesome new Aussie author I know and this is her first book! It's not my typical genre but by the end I was pumped up and ready for more!
Right from the start I knew that it was really well written, I could see it in each sentence.
Eila is a s
Charlie
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So I managed to get an early release of this amazing book and really loved it. Mindcull is a fast moving tension filled thriller which had me in its grip from the first page! The characters are powerful and the plot enthralling. I love action packed YA and this is one to have on your 2019 list when it’s released!
TDotReadALot
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such an amazing book! I couldn’t put it down! I would especially recommend for people who love technology but it is an amazing read for all! KH Canobi’s futuristic world in the book ties in perfectly with the story!
Cath Berryman
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved, loved, loved this book. What a cracking debut novel, KH Canobi. I couldn’t put it down. Whatever you do next, don’t stop writing!
Andrew Bradbeer
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mindcull sucked me in. This book is a very easy read. The prose is accessible for young readers. Descriptions of people and places are intentionally pared back, and the language and writing style do not make demands of older readers. It took me three or four pages to come to terms with this and to relax into the mood of the book.

The book is short, and the plot drives the narrative. The story is engaging, fast-paced and realistically futuristic. If that's a thing. I was very happy to immerse mys
Dimity Powell
May 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-lit
This is a curiously compelling thriller that sets your mind whirling with speculation. After an initial period of accustomization of where and why (and wrapping my head around a slew of acronyms I thought I had to remember), this YA thriller settled into a convincing mystery of deceit and apprehension.

Sixteen-year-old Eila is shortlisted to be the face of a global marketing campaign for a new virtual reality skinsuit, the kind never before seen in her futuristic world of VR and AR commonality. T
Mels
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I like reading novels by Aussie authors. This one did not disappoint. It was engaging from the start and in the middle I had one of those "it's midnight & I need to get up early tomorrow" moments! I enjoyed the "not to distant future" VR and ever increasing time spent online-too close to real life for me. The exploration of that theme was the biggest positive from this novel for me (loved the strong female characters too). I will be recommending it to high our school students. ...more
Liz Cummins
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The storyline of this book is very intriguing and keeps you engaged right until the very end. It is well crafted and entwines VR into an exciting adventure. Looking forward to another book by KH Canobi.
Kathbick
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A young adult fiction book that is set in a world where today’s technology might have evolved to. It was interesting to think about the virtual world of relationships versus relationships in real life. It got very exciting towards the end. Look forward to reading this author’s next book!
Helen
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Strong female protagonist with vulnerabilities - she felt very real. Surprising plot twists. Raised interesting questions about the intersection between virtual reality and the real world. I enjoyed the story and it made me think. Win!
Anne
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book, KH Canobi has created a really well rounded protagonist, strong and weak in ways that are so real it took me back to being a teenager myself. Can't wait to read what Canobi writes next.
Robert Martin
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. Explores some very profound questions of reality and identity which are very relevant to teens. Enjoyed it a lot.
Leonie Stephenson
More like 3 1.2 stars
Saara
Jun 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Refreshingly free of insta-love. An original story with familiar VR aspects and great intrigue. I really liked how it touched on some possible social and mental wellbeing impacts of AR and VR
Emma
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book!
Lol
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was really good I could not put it down it was exhilarating and is a must read.
TheCosyDragon
Apr 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Eila is short-listed in a Virtual Reality competition to become the Face of Pearl. All she needs to do is go to a luxurious English getaway and enjoy sessions in fully immersive VR SkinSuit technology. After being kidnapped and forced to spy for the law, Eila has to decide who are the right people to trust, and who to save.

I really liked the concept and entry to this novel – VR being used to camouflage the ugly and dead real world, and yet Eila still being pulled back by the simple method of som
Louise
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review originally published on my blog here!
A spectacular, fast-paced read! The writing was crisp, yet left me with enough detail!

This book provided me with a quite well-rounded and strong main character, Eila, as well as an interesting villain and side characters. The plot was also clearly well though out, and I just had to keep reading!

As a fan of tech-based stories, this book takes filled that need!

I 100% recommend this book for fans of the Insignia series (S.J. Kincaid) and Jinxed (Amy McCul
Melissa Wray
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fabulous debut novel that sets a fast pace to keep the pages turning and doesn't stop until the end! Canobi creates a world that allows the reader to be easily drawn in and follow Eila on her desperate journey to uncover a shocking truth.
Erin
Jul 05, 2019

• It Sounded Better in My Head
  • The Surprising Power of a Good Dumpling
  • The Erasure Initiative
  • Shatter City (Impostors, #2)
  • Aurora Burning (The Aurora Cycle, #2)
  • Nothing Much Happens: Cozy and Calming Stories to Soothe Your Mind and Help You Sleep
  • The Land of Roar