Start by marking “Mindcull” as Want to Read:
Mindcull

Mindcull

In a time when nothing is as real as virtual reality, sixteen-year-old Eila is short-listed in a competition by a global technology giant. But then law enforcement officers force her to spy for them, underground activists reveal a murderous plot and someone uses virtual reality to fill her head with a stranger’s thoughts.

Amid secrets, lies and distortions, Eila must decide
Published June 1st 2019 by Ford Street Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Mindcull, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mindcull

Start your review of Mindcull
Erica Rist
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fast paced teen sci fy novel. I couldn't put it down. Love Eila the strong independent female character in a world not far from ours. This has left me wanting more.
EthanTheBookCritic
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read Mindcull! This book is amazing. Action packed and fast moving this is a perfect read. I strongly recommended reading this book it’s AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bek Mcclellan
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love YA novels, and this one did not disappoint. The VR genre reminded me of James Dashner (who wrote Maze Runner) “Mortality Doctrine” series. I love the relatable, strong female protagonist, and will recommending this to my younger female friends as there are not enough books with strong, female characters. Hoping to learn more about this in the future, and looking forward to more book by KH Canobi.
Story
Hello Everybody and welcome back! The holidays are over and I spent a lot of time reading! Specifically, rereading many series I like (Fablehaven, The Threshold Series etc, I might tell you the details later ), but I did enjoy one new book!
Mindcull is by an awesome new Aussie author I know and this is her first book! It's not my typical genre but by the end I was pumped up and ready for more!
Right from the start I knew that it was really well written, I could see it in each sentence.
Eila is a
Charlie
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So I managed to get an early release of this amazing book and really loved it. Mindcull is a fast moving tension filled thriller which had me in its grip from the first page! The characters are powerful and the plot enthralling. I love action packed YA and this is one to have on your 2019 list when it’s released!
TDotReadALot
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such an amazing book! I couldn’t put it down! I would especially recommend for people who love technology but it is an amazing read for all! KH Canobi’s futuristic world in the book ties in perfectly with the story!
Cath Berryman
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved, loved, loved this book. What a cracking debut novel, KH Canobi. I couldn’t put it down. Whatever you do next, don’t stop writing!
Andrew Bradbeer
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mindcull sucked me in. This book is a very easy read. The prose is accessible for young readers. Descriptions of people and places are intentionally pared back, and the language and writing style do not make demands of older readers. It took me three or four pages to come to terms with this and to relax into the mood of the book.

The book is short, and the plot drives the narrative. The story is engaging, fast-paced and realistically futuristic. If that's a thing. I was very happy to immerse
Mels
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I like reading novels by Aussie authors. This one did not disappoint. It was engaging from the start and in the middle I had one of those "it's midnight & I need to get up early tomorrow" moments! I enjoyed the "not to distant future" VR and ever increasing time spent online-too close to real life for me. The exploration of that theme was the biggest positive from this novel for me (loved the strong female characters too). I will be recommending it to high our school students.
Helen
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Strong female protagonist with vulnerabilities - she felt very real. Surprising plot twists. Raised interesting questions about the intersection between virtual reality and the real world. I enjoyed the story and it made me think. Win!
Anne
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book, KH Canobi has created a really well rounded protagonist, strong and weak in ways that are so real it took me back to being a teenager myself. Can't wait to read what Canobi writes next.
Robert Martin
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. Explores some very profound questions of reality and identity which are very relevant to teens. Enjoyed it a lot.
Leonie Stephenson
More like 3 1.2 stars
Lol
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was really good I could not put it down it was exhilarating and is a must read.
Erin

• Whisper (Whisper, #1)
  • Everywhere, Everything, Everyone
  • Rayne & Delilah's Midnite Matinee
  • It Sounded Better in My Head
  • Crown of Coral and Pearl (Crown of Coral and Pearl, #1)
  • The Surprising Power of a Good Dumpling
  • Scars Like Wings
  • How It Feels to Float
  • Girls with Sharp Sticks (Girls with Sharp Sticks, #1)
  • Monuments
  • Land of Fences (Winter #3)
  • Everything I've Never Said
  • The Girl King (The Girl King, #1)
  • Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1)
  • I Am Change