Start by marking “We Love Babies!” as Want to Read:
We Love Babies!

We Love Babies!

A wonderfully playful picture book showcasing adorable baby animals and celebrating their glorious diversity, from "paws and claws and little flippers" to "feet that look like fuzzy slippers!"

This hilarious picture book with rollicking, rhyming text reads like a crowd-pleasing call, pumping up readers' excitement for the cutest baby animals ever. Illustrated with lively
Published December 31st 2019 by National Geographic Society

To ask other readers questions about We Love Babies!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We Love Babies!

Start your review of We Love Babies!
Kailey (BooksforMKs)
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This adorable picture book features dozens of baby animals from familiar species like the Elephant and Rabbit, to strange species like the Long-Eared Jerboa and the Serval. The photographs of these cute little babies are colorful and sweet! There are tiny cartoon characters drawn into the corners of the pages who cheer for the babies.

The text describes all the things we love about animal babies, their soft fur, their stripes, and fins. Their hooves, and paws. Their snuffles and snorts, their
Vera Godley
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a cute book for young children. Using actual photographs of baby animals to illustrate their cuteness in a charming manner, the book rhythmically rollicks along with a cheerful, gleeful free rhyme that brings joy to the reader.

Cute little cartoonish cheerleaders join in as they chant "We love babies! Yes we do!" encouraging the listening child to cheer and chant along.

At the back of the book, a couple of pages are dedicated to identifying the baby animals.

This a fun book that introduces
Stacy Renee  (LazyDayLit)
We received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

We Love Babies features animal babies from all over the world along with poetic text that describes them and why we tend to love them!

Who doesn't love baby animals?!
This super cute book has so many adorable babies to look at--from geckos to hippos to jerboas--to keep your little one busy (and in love)!
There are also little illustrated animals that act as cheerleaders and
Norene Paulson
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What's NOT to love about WE LOVE BABIES? Colorful, adorable photos of baby animals paired with Esbaum's always "spot-on" rhyming text leaves the reader happily joining in the cartoon animals' cheer, "We love babies. Yes, we do! We love babies! How about you?" As an added bonus a Meet the Babies section is included that shows each of the fifty-four baby animals. A perfect opportunity to play "Who can find....the zebra or the elephant or the donkey?" This book is a must-have for any family ...more
JoAnn Macken
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This adorable picture book teaches children about the fascinating features of a variety of baby animals--in rhyme! ("We love snouts and bills and beaks, bendy trunks and whiskered cheeks.") Sure to please animal lovers of all ages!
Austin Gullett
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
At first glance, this is just a basic rhyming book about baby animals. This is true. However, it is a basic rhyming book about baby animals produced by the publisher that has the printing rights to the best pictures of baby animals in the world. So, there.
Beth
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
We love babies, yes we do. We love babies, how about you?

Having a bad day? Need some cuteness in your life? Look no further.
Kathryn
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
So cute
Aeicha
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
With fun, lyrical rhymes and the most adorable, squee-worthy pictures of baby animals, little readers will be absolutely charmed by We Love Babies! and want to read it again and again!
Elizabeth
Omg, this book is just the cutest!!
Danielle Hammelef
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Delightful and so much fun to look at all the babies! The text is so much fun to read and has surprises to keep readers turning pages.
Cheryl
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2020
Beautiful pictures of baby animals some of which are not the typical. My favorite was the baby sloth on the cover, but there was also a baby jerboa.
Megan McCloud

• National Geographic Readers: Susan B. Anthony
  • The Girl and the Dinosaur
  • I'm Not Millie!
  • With All My Heart
  • Breaking Through: How Female Athletes Shattered Stereotypes in the Roaring Twenties
  • Lawrence: The Bunny Who Wanted to Be Naked
  • Straw
  • Beehive
  • Just Like Me
  • What's Up, Maloo?
  • Bird Hugs
  • Almost Time
  • The Old Truck
  • The Book of Queens: Legendary Leaders, Fierce Females, and Wonder Women Who Ruled the World
  • Brown Baby Lullaby
  • Just Like a Mama
  • Fry Bread: A Native American Family Story
Jill Esbaum is a full-time writer and author of I am Cow, Hear Me Moo!, I Hatched!, Stanza, and Tom’s Tweet, among many others. She lives on a farm with her husband and children in Dixon, IA.