Start by marking “A Love Hate Thing” as Want to Read:
A Love Hate Thing

A Love Hate Thing

When they’re stuck under one roof, the house may not be big enough for their hate…or their love.

When Tyson Trice finds himself tossed into the wealthy coastal community of Pacific Hills, he’s ready for the questions, the stares and the feeling of not belonging. Not that he cares. After recovering from being shot and surviving the rough streets of Lindenwood, he doesn’t
Expected publication: January 7th 2020 by Inkyard Press

To ask other readers questions about A Love Hate Thing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Love Hate Thing

rae ✌️
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
You were my Neverland.

I received an ARC from Netgalley and Harlequin TEEN in exchange for an honest review.

wow whitney grandison, way to come out swingin' with your debut! this was an absolute roller-coaster ride start to finish, and lowkey felt like i was watching a season of a delicious teen drama (and now reading the acknowledgements and seeing grandison was greatly inspired by the OC, it totally clicks!)

this love story is about two teenagers from completely opposite worlds. trice was
Fanna
Aug 17, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
As a fan of the hate-to-love trope, I'm ready for a book that has both 'love' and 'hate' in the title.
Tori
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tyson Trice, you deserve happiness and a love more consuming than the deepest ocean ❤

Review to come.

EDIT to include review - Sept 21, 2019

It was eminent. It stood against time. The love I felt for Queen was the closest I would ever feel for another person next to my mother. Looking into Queen's dark eyes, I felt peace and calm. I had found my kingdom. I was home.

CW: murder, domestic violence/abuse, child abuse, classism, racial stereotyping

Wow. It's been a while/>
Last Book Marauder
***Copy received from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review***

I am so sad that this book just did not work for me. It had everything going for it: beautiful cover, enemies-to-lovers, young adult. However, in spite of all of that, it felt like a chore to finish this.

Nandy is one of the worst characters I have ever read. She is a selfish, entitled, spoiled, rich girl and I never really came around to liking her. The reader is told many times that Nandy is actually very sweet and welcoming and incre***Copy
Jacquie
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Review
What happens when the poor kid finds himself living the dream?

When Tyson Trice’s father killed his mother, injured Trice, and turned the gun on himself, it rocked the foundation of Trice’s world. Suddenly he found himself staying with a family in an expensive subdivision at his dying grandfather’s bequest.

The Smiths are good people, but they can’t possibly understand what it was like to grow up in an abusive household on the wrong side of the tracks. Trice
Lauren
Sep 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Whitney D. Grandison’s ‘A Love Hate Thing’ is a coming-of-age tale revolving around a girl named Nandy and a boy named Trice. Childhood playmates, Nandy and Trice haven’t seen each other for ten years. When Trice suddenly moves in with Nandy’s family, he’s changed, and so has Nandy. As they both try to adjust to their new normal, they’ll rediscover the friendship they once had, plus a whole lot more.

There are a lot of things I liked about this novel, one of which is how it takes on socioeconomi
I really enjoyed this debut YA novel by Whitney Grandison. I thought the chemistry between Tyson Trice and Nandy Smith was captivating. I felt like the book centered more around Tyson's story and how he came to live with the Smiths; the author really dives in to his character, whereas I felt like Nandy just remained a self-centered teenager the entire time. She just wanted what she wanted and didn't care about anyone else; she really only "cared" when she felt like she had to. Although I felt li ...more
Nicole
Sep 03, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Copy received from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Review to come soon!
Sep 17, 2019
Orcagirl
Jul 08, 2019
Hillary
rated it did not like it
Aug 11, 2019
Jax
May 06, 2019
Michelle
May 08, 2019
Whitney D. Grandison is an American young adult fiction writer. Some of her works can be found on Wattpad, one of the largest online story sharing platforms, where she has acquired over 30,000 followers and has amassed over sixteen million reads. Outside of writing, she is a lover of Korean dramas, all things John Hughes, and horror films. Whitney currently lives in Akron, Ohio.