Start by marking “Here Comes the Son” as Want to Read:
Here Comes the Son

Here Comes the Son

When evil stirs in the shadow of the Rocky Mountains, heroes come in both ordinary and extraordinary packages.

Ignatius Faber knows a few things for absolute certain. He’s half-demon, his father is the unequivocal prince of darkness, and demons want to destroy his city. And if he doesn’t make the first move on his crush, they’re never going to be anything more than a teenag
ebook
Published July 27th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Here Comes the Son, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Here Comes the Son

Jul 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: camille
A Joyfully Jay review.

3 stars

Despite the juxtaposition of a hero whose father is literally the devil, I thought there was precious little to recommend this book. Initially, I liked some of Iggy’s commentary and the demon-hunter concept seemed like it would add some mystique. However, Iggy suffered from a couple of key character traits that were complete turn offs for me. First, although he’s about forty years old and has been best friends with Lalo, who is autistic, since high school, Iggy stil
Sanna
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020, mm, horror, x, paranormal
What a disappointment

Around 2.5

This title is MM Romance of supernatural horror variety.

I usually like that, my go to thing, my cup of thing totally.

Unfortunately despite the promising specs this one turned out to be a total miss. It's a horrible mess, train wreck, for me. I regret making myself wade through all that. I read it at daytime and had difficulties keeping myself awake while doing so. It was very repetitive, boring, and then the amount of incoherent babbling and endless rounds of fast
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Original, unpredictable and exciting! A unique and hilarious take on demon and Lucifer. I enjoyed the characters and the story itself. It did feel a little rushed at times like towards the end but overall it was different and enjoyable to read.
cupcakes and bookshelves
I always LOVE authenticity and detail Dahlia has in her books, it's so unique and refreshing to read, especially in this book. Here comes the Son was a delight to read full demon hunting, relationship shinangans and righting the world over meal times. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT, I'm left with some unanswered questions though and the need to know more.... but I'm hopeful that is because there might be another book in the horizon, maybe? Hope so, although if not, I wouldn't be disappointed.
4.5 Stars

*A
SunShiney10
Jun 11, 2020 rated it it was ok
This was a mess. This was weird und confusing...
J.V. Speyer
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-reads
This book has everything I love. It has Denver, which is arguably one of my favorite places to be. It has Lucifer with all of the ambiguity of tradition. Trust me, that’s important to the story (although he’s a bit of a dick. Don’t get me wrong. This is not a spoiler. He’s still, you know, Lucifer.) There is murder. Lots and lots of murder, in creative ways. There is fire. There are women, who love women, and who don’t exist just to be a crutch for men.

There is an autistic main character. He’s
Joyffree
Aug 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-tbr
This is my first time reading this author so I wasn't sure what to expect going in.
Turned out to be a fun afternoon with this gang.

Iggy is our resident demon slayer. His character was a touch self-absorbed, but not in an evil way, more of an oops I forgot the world doesn't revolve around me way. .. oh did I mention his pops was Satan? Seems he has a touch of dear old dad in him.

Lalo is a blast. He has his issues but he also had a dry wit to him that was hilarious. He also was quick to see thi
Becky Baldridge
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Childhood friends, a first crush turned into more, battles with demons, and more junk food than you can shake a stick at all done Dahlia Donovan style. HERE COMES THE SON is a little different than what I would normally expect from this author with its supernatural elements and loads of action, but it still has that same draw-you-in storytelling that she does so well.
Iggy and Lalo are terrific characters, and I couldn't help but root for them as they tiptoed around a relationship or defining sa
Julie
Ignatius (Iggy to his friends) is half demon, his father is the Prince of Darkness, Lucifer. His siblings (they numbered in their thousands) have been picked off one by one, and now his favourite brother lays slain in front of his own eyes. Iggy is a loner, and he likes it that way, he can’t afford to get too close to people. They can’t find out who or what he is.

Being an orphan that was moved from foster family to foster family. Lalo has difficulties bonding with the families, having autism, L
Josh Dale
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is a gem of a read. Why you ask? Let me try and tell you.
The story has all the good ingredients of a great story, you have good versus evil, multi-dimensional characters. One of which is autistic and the author has done a great job of showing us, how different life is for someone that is autistic, what they have to deal with on a daily basis, but the character is not just an autistic character he is a fully rounded sweet loving guy, that refuses to use bad language, which makes me smi
R
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, paranormal, reviewed
Iggy is roguishly handsome, his “I’d do me” attitude at odds with his demon killing abilities. Demons have killed all of Lucifer’s children, only Iggy is left. Trained by Jesuits, he’s not sure anymore if the priests are the good guys.

Lalo is autistic. Iggy’s best friend and possibly something else. Iggy tries not to push but he wants Lalo to be his. Lalo needs his routines to keep him balanced. Life is getting more confusing, adding Lucifer, several helpful friends, and his developing feelings
Michelle
Touted as an urban fantasy, I was actually fairly disappointed with this book. Ignatius is the son of Lucifer and fights demons for the Jesuits, but is not Catholic, but is gay and dating Lalo who is autistic and seems to be the number one focus of the book. The plot is scattered and no one ever really gets any answers to anything. Even Lucifer doesn't know having suffered a head injury in the 1980's, and most everyone else ending up dead before pertinent information can be shared. Our band of h ...more
Kathy Wideman
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have a lot of Dahlia’s books and I love them all. This one was no different. This book is M/M and supernatural. Ignatius is a half-demon and a son of the devil himself. Lalo is an orphan and has a hard time in life. Gardening and photography are his great passions. Iggy has loved Lalo for a long time. This book is different from any other book I have read involving the devil. Iggy and Lalo have been led to believe many things by a religious group. As things progress in the book, they realize n ...more
Victoria Taylor
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unexpected twist at the end...nice.

Interesting concept of a book. Loved Iggy and especially Lalo. There was a big good vs demon struggle that was big picture, but also oddly focused on playing out in Denver. The plot wandered a bit, and I was really interested in what happened after, which was fleshed out a bit in the epilogue. Maybe there is another book coming.
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love the premise of this book- M/M with a paranormal twist. Iggy and Lalo are meant to be. Their friendship blossoms into a real romantic relationship. Iggy is the half demon and the last son of Lucifer, but he constantly fights to keep Denver safe. He is so attentive to Lalo’s needs it’s just sweet. He is the perfect partner for Lalo and when they team up with the menagerie of others the real story kicks off. I can’t wait to see what this author has in store for us next!
Joscelyn Smith
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very engaging story

I loved Lalo, he and Iggy were great characters and they were lucky enough to have a kickass group of friends. I really liked how Lalo wasn't magically "cured" by what happened to him, he did everything he had to as himself. All in all a very enjoyable read with a totally unexpected ending.
Melanie
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

Rating: 4.75 stars out of 5
For the full review, visit https://wp.me/p220KL-hmI on 7/30

kfor all our reviews, visit http://scatteredthoughtsandroguewords...
Lee Hall
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book!

This is an entirely different take on demons and Lucifer. It has an autistic MC, a lesbian character and a non binary character. Absolutely loved reading this book!! No super smexy times, but a lot of love, affection and understanding.
Fran Zoch, LSoR
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome read, demon or at least half Iggy and his best friend Lalo , this story had chemistry action and brings a whole new light to autism.
Kaye
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very interesting resd.
K.R. Phoenix
🌟🌟🌟🌟 4.5 stars
🔥🔥 Heat Level: 2 (romance is an aside to the main story)

An awesome supernatural adventure, with wit, humor, and heart! I loved it!

I love Dahlia’s work. It’s real, raw and authentic, with just the right amount of sharp wit you can’t help but appreciate. This is an awesome adventure into the world of Lucifer and his children. Iggy and Lalo are fantastic characters and play off each other perfectly.

Iggy is charming and charismatic with a heart that has almost always belonged to Lalo.
Kathleen
Darwin
rated it it was ok
Sep 11, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• How to Shield an Assassin (Unholy Trifecta #1)
  • Not Dead Yet (Not Dead Yet #1)
  • Stacking the Deck (The Kings: Wild Cards, #1)
  • Angelo (The Marchesi Family #2)
  • Tallowwood (Tallowwood, #1)
  • Alpha Protect (J.T's Bar #4)
  • How to Lure a Hunter (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes #3)
  • Speed Dating the Boss (Cowboys and Angels, #1)
  • Alpha Chef (J.T's Bar, #2)
  • Pieces of You (Missing Pieces, #1)
  • How to Steal a Thief (Unholy Trifecta #2)
  • Giving Chase (Havenwood #1)
  • Alpha Barman (J.T's Bar #1)
  • Secretly Dating the Lionman (Cowboys and Angels #2)
  • The D- in 403B
  • Rules to Live By (The Lodge #1)
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • Kept in the Dark (Locke and Keyes Agency #1)
Dahlia Donovan wrote her first romance series after a crazy dream about shifters and damsels in distress. She prefers irreverent humour and unconventional characters. An autistic and occasional hermit, her life wouldn’t be complete without her husband and her massive collection of books and video games.