Start by marking “White Sheep of the Family (Scions of the Black Lotus, #2)” as Want to Read:
White Sheep of the Family (Scions of the Black Lotus, #2)

White Sheep of the Family

(Scions of the Black Lotus #2)

A lord has been assassinated, and only an awkward boy can uncover the mastermind.

Banished from the capital, ten-year-old Zheng Tian joins the Black Lotus Clan. As son of a great lord, he is utterly unprepared for this new life-- a fact complicated by his awkwardness. As of yet untrained in the arts of stealth, he is thrust into an investigation into a lord's murder.
Published June 1st 2019

Emily
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a really interesting story, I’ve never read read one quite like it before. Tian is a 10 year old boy who was banished from the city, so he joined the Black Lotus Clan. He grew up as a spoiled rich kid, so while he is well educated in some areas, others, such as the particulars of life on the street, are foreign to him. But he’s very smart and has an almost photographic memory, so he was recruited to Black Lotus to help solve a murder.

I loved Tian! He is absolutely adorable! It was reall
Lana
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love all the stories from the Legends of Tivara however stories relating to either Jie or Tian and the Black Lotus Clan I find particularly exhilarating. This story fills us in on the initiation of Tian into the clan after he was saved by the Head of the clan from an Imperial Death Sentence. Poor Tian was now banished from the Capital and from Princess Kaiya, the love of his life, who he had promised to marry.
In this story Tian is still a very young boy, extremely naive and although already v
The Mysterious Reader
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I adore the world created by JC Kang for his Legends of Tivara stories. He has convinced me that an Asian-centric world is vastly better for sword and sorcery tales than one with a Euro-centric base. I especially love any story involving half-elf Jie, though really if a story has either her or Tian and / or generally deals with the Black Lotus Clan I’m pretty happy. So now we get White Sheep of the Family (Scions of the Black Lotus, Book 2) which gives Tian’s story, which definitely involves Jia ...more
Iliana
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After the lost and betrayal of Lillian, and the sudden death of a prominent lord, Jie is left clutching at the pieces of her shattered life. While, young Tian, now banished from his home and from his love is left terrified with no where left to go but with the Black Lotus Clan. Although he holds a brilliant mind, his naive nature is a magnet for trouble and it will take all Jie has to keep him out of it. But when solving the mystery behind a murder, trouble is just the start.
Another Brilliant st
Diana Jimerson Ezechiels
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A must read.

This series is different then most of what I read. Took a bit an I'm enjoying the series. The story is fast pace an intriguing from a different world. I would definitely like to read more on Jie where she came from an how she became a Black Lotus. Also more on Tian an his back round. If u could put either at the front or back of the book what all terms mean. Like Eldest Sister, Pistols, Blossoms, Hummingbirds, Polishing Jade Dragon weaver magic. You get the idea Mr. Kang it would hel
Brittany
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! White Sheep of the Family is a home run! Little Tian was nothing short of magnificent. I loved reading about his younger, awkward, naive, innocent self. There is something so endearing about him in this piece and it makes me appreciate his character, young and old, all the more. And, as always, Jie's badassery made her absolutely phenomenal. The way this particular story was told had me on the edge of my seat hanging on every word until the very last page. The twists and turns were comparab ...more
Sharon Phelps
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Spectacular

Every good you want to read in a book. Sensational story that keeps you turning pages to see what is happening next. Exciting characters that you believe in. If if the book was a movie you would be on the edge of your seat. The action doesn't stop and is so well researched and thought out that it is seamless. Than ,already, shows his tactical and analytical ability even at 10. The story is a little cheeky, so adults only recommended. `
Janice Drake
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great back story of Jie and Tian that continues "The Thorn of the Nightblossoms' book. I love the characters that Kang writes. The flaws and problems they have make them seem alive and the mystery of the story is well done. I highly recommend this book. Can't wait for another. I received this book as an ARC and wished to leave a review because I loved it.
Phyllis
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tiang is suddenly thrust into a
world of bewilderment and mortal
danger.
His only asset is his uncanny ability
to see patterns and make mental
connections impossible for others.
This utterly innocent little boy must
somehow survive in a hostile world
where it seems that everyone is
against him.

Phyllis S.
Carole S.
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jie is my hero!

White Sheep of the Family continues the story after Lillian’s betrayal, the murder of a lord and a fire in the Floating World. Jie tries to put the pieces together of the how & why of the betrayal. These adventures fit together so well and just leave you wanting more!
Pat Wicks
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Continuing the saga of Jie we learn how Tien became a member of the Black Fist. Miss Kang’s writing style provides plenty of background information on the characters and the action is satisfying but intense and there’s always a twist. toward the end when you think you know who did it you don’t can’t wait to read the next one!
Shauna Joesten
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic read. A Lord has been assassinated and its up to a young boy to under cover the mystery. This is a fantastic read. The Author has done a fantastic job with the storyline. I love this type of reaf. Because its like putting a puzzle together. I highly recommend this read.
Shauna Joesten
Erica McHenry
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I abolished love Jie and Tian. These books gave me an idea of the circumstances that shaped these characters lives. We get to see them make mistakes and learn how to survive. I’m also happy to learn more of the environment in world of Cathay.
Chava Nechama
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fine read! Action and great characters packed into a twisty plot combines to make a page turner you can’t put down! One small disappointment: it ends too soon! You just want more of these characters and their world!
Jackie
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fascinating and too short story. Once a Lord is assassinated, surprisingly only a certain young boy can solve the mystery. Don’t miss out once it’s released.
Stephanie
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-copy, fantasy, novella
Fantastic!!! This is an absolutely fantastic addition to the Legends of Tivara series. I was absolutely blown away. If you haven't read the books from this series you should start ASAP! I can't wait to see what is in store for us next.

I was gifted an ARC and am voluntarily reviewing.
Rabid Reader
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: asian-fantasy
This is a great second book in the Scions of the Black Lotus series, it is full of surprises and twists. The naivety of Tian contrasts well with the sexual openness of the girls in the Floating World and highlights the differences in their upbringing. I loved how the author showed Tian’s intelligent and abilities, while at the same time illustrating how inept he was at a lot of things when compared to the Black Lotus girls. His ability to surmise is amazing. Jie is still suffering from self doub ...more
Tess
Carol B. A. Hull
Jul 09, 2019
Leah
Jul 11, 2019
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Changing a Book Cover 14 36 May 30, 2019 11:46PM

Scions of the Black Lotus (3 books)
  • Thorn of the Night Blossoms (Scions of the Black Lotus, #1)
  • Wretches of the Trench (Scions of the Black Lotus #3)