Start by marking “Rough Diamond” as Want to Read:

Rough Diamond

What is Rough Diamond all about?

Linda is a rich heiress who seems to have it all; beauty, brains, wealth and social standing.

Desired by men and envied by women, Linda’s life seems perfect. But, deep down inside, Linda longs for true love and contentment.

Trapped between the glamorous world that she was brought up in and the overwhelming desire to find solace, Linda finds
Paperback, First, 314 pages
Published March 2019 by Iman Publication

To ask other readers questions about Rough Diamond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rough Diamond

Start your review of Rough Diamond
Elvina Zafril
Apr 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Rough Diamond is a story about Linda who lived in London and studied there in Reading University. She's very pretty, wealthy and social standing.

I loved that this book talked about the journey of a girl who wants to find herself and make peace with God. Linda has a very social life. She has been drinking, partying and sleeping with men whenever she likes, even though she is a Muslim. One day, she felt very lost. She wants to learn more about Islam and she wants to change.

Linda learned
Fatini Zulkifli
Oct 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I loved this one. Siapa baca Heaven Sent dan Letters to God kena sambung baca yang ni sebab dalam novel ini ada cerita tentang Linda the rich heiress yang berubah jadi muslimah. Really loved her love story dengan Jaws Kelantanese. Perempuan beragama Islam yang kaya raya, minum arak dan mengamalkan seks bebas akhirnya kahwin dengan Jaws orang Kelantan yang islamik tapi mulut main lepas je.
The only thing that I don't like is the stereotype used in this novel. Perempuan free hair kaya mesti
Eyqa  Zaque (The Hundred Pages)
Rough Diamond

Huge thanks for Iman Publication in providing me a free copy in exchange with a honest review.

For all the bad things that we keep talking to ourselves, why does it stung more than ever when it comes from someone elses mouth?

RD is about Linda, mentioned before as a high class going overseas Malay in Heaven Sent & Letters to God by Norhafsah Hamid. I love how the author potraits Linda, and the title itself was actually straight forward regarding Linda's character development in
Irni Farid
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rough Diamond is a story about Linda, a socialite in her journey in searching the love of God and accepting the past and finding peace with oneself. This is the new series after Heaven Sent and Letters to God. Romantic series are my favourite type of genre. There are lessons to be learnt in every event of life as we all are rough diamonds too with polishing in progress. Background of the storyline is mostly in Reading and London.
Iris Ymra
Dec 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Linda was living a life she thought would fulfill her needs, she was a woman whom she thought that no guy would ever resist and was every girls' dream -- until she became the one who was wanting someone, wanting Jonah and only to end up getting rejected by him.

Realization hit even harder when Linda found out that the friends that she thought were her friend had never really seen her as one. And when her one close friend died over cancer without her even had any clue about it, did really bring
Norsyahirah Shahrir
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
suka ending dia! suka ending semua orang!
Noral
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pertama kali baca buku seperti ini. Ada penyampaian ilmu di sebalik kisah linda. Menarik juga kaedah ini. Bukunya tidak terlalu tebal, ringkas dan boleh dihabiskan dalam satu hari jika tiada aktiviti lain. Kesudahan ada untuk semua kecuali ada seorang itu? Buki seterusnya mungkin?
Safwanah
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I've read Letters to God and Heaven Sent too, and I have to say all three books made me emotional, especially rough diamond. From all 3 books I learned that we are all a work in progress. Doesn't matter if you are already a hafizah or a ustaz, at the end of the day we are all struggling to be a better muslim everyday. Being a good muslim doesn't happen overnight, it takes a lifetime. It also taught me that when we look after our relationship with Allah SWT, He will look after ours with others. ...more
Wan Nor Hanifah Hidayah Hanifah Hidayah Wan Kamaruddin

Linda berasal daripada keluarga yang kaya. Segala keperluan dan kehendaknya dituruti oleh ibu bapanya.
Sejak kecil lagi, Linda sudah dihantar untuk bersekolah di United Kingdom.
Oleh itu, Linda sudah lama didedahkan dengan kehidupan yang terlalu bebas.
Meminum arak dan sebagainya seolah-olah sudah sebati dalam dirinya.
Setelah cintanya ditolak oleh Jonah dan Rasyid. Dia tertanya-tanya apakah kekurangan yang ada pada dirinya.
Malah, dia berasa kekosongan dalam dirinya.
Dengan bantuan Mat Bond dan
ArinaLau
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story about how one wants to change for the better, Rough Diamond is about Linda who struggles to find solace and the path to happiness.

I can somewhat relate to Linda's story and struggles, because be it you are already a practicing Muslim, or you are on your path to be one, it is a struggle to be the better version of ourselves every day, to be haunted by our past and to not let it dictate our present and future.

My only slight beef with the story is that it (view spoiler)
Mohmdfaiz_
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Bagi pembaca buku Letters to God. Ni sekuel dia.
_
Lama dh jugak buku ni, tapi nak letak jugak kat IG ni.hehe.
_
Abg beli sbb sebab minat cerita dia. Mesti tertanya-tanya kenapa tajuk dia camtu.
_
Kalau kita pikir logik ya, utk dapatkan sebuah permata yg cantik, mesti kena lalui tekanan yg sangat kuat utk boleh kan dia bertukar menjadi permata yg indah cantik. Tak ke begitu? .
_
Macam tu la digambarkan manusia.
_

Watak utama utk sekuel kali ni, adalah Linda, kiranya kisah mengenai penghijrahan si Linda ni
Aisyah Nur
Feb 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: life
I finished Rough Diamond in one sitting. It was short but well-packed. By using simple English, I can say it is appealing enough for every level of readers. It is great and I like this better than Letters to God. We can almost relate our wrongdoings and difficulties to change into a better muslim. Honorable mention : Siti, Mat Bond and Jaws.

There are also a few noticeable errors and I don't really prefer the way the accent dialogues are written but this is just a matter of preference. No big
Raihan Rashida
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rough diamond tells a story about Linda who struggles to find a solace and contentment in herself. A person who was brought in a socialite, trying to make peace with God. Rough diamond taught me that being a muslim is a lifetime lesson, it doesn't happen overnight. 4
I kinda envy the friendship of Mat Bond and Jaws, Sarah that holds up to her strong principles and Siti who fulls of emphaty, gentle and not judgemental.
Although the storyline is quite predictable but still I enjoyed light story and
Hanis Halim
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love the way the story of Rough Diamond focussing on how hidayah/guidance can change people 180 degrees.
Imagining myself as Linda is much more nearer than imagining myself as Sarah (because she’s just wayyy to perfect)

I really learn a lot from Linda determination to search and learn more about Islam.

Muslim doesn’t makes that you hv percents knowledge about Islam.

Keep learning about ur deen that’s the best key.
Thank you Norhafsah Hamid, looking forward to read Heaven Sent
Farah Mohd Noor
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a journey ! Definitely, everyone has their own past and own struggle in life, sometimes the reality lay down hard on you but not to other people. It takes courage and strength that you will never have which you must lay your hope and du'a to The Almighty.

Just like what Linda have been through, it's not up on us to judge people, past is something that should be learn and not to be used as some kind of tools for judgment.

I love how the writer plot the rough diamond part
It's so lovely
Norziati
Jun 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Jangkaan tinggi terhadap buku ini selepas menamatkan Letters to God. Namun gaya penyampaiannya tidak seperti Letters to God dan bersifat novel, justeru lebih kepada cerita. Mula-mula membacanya rasa kecewa tapi cuba menghabiskan kerana pasti ada yang cuba disampaikan penulis. Berkisar kepada Linda yang dalam Letters to God sekadar watak sampingan tetapi menjadi watak utama dalam Rough Diamond. Tidak terlalu mengujakan tapi oklah :)
Nur
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Inspirational book. There's a simple explanation for those who want to know more about Islam and a simple guideline for those who became a new Muslim. Linda's journey showed us if we want to become a good person, Allah always there to guide and send us good people. Sarah, Siti, Jaws, and Mat Bond always there to help and thanked them for not being the judge. Meanwhile Rasyid's (?)
Ayuni Rahman
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hi. I personally love this book but as for me, it can be better in Bahasa instead of English. After all, congratulations to the author for the good story line and all the positive vibes within these 311 pages :))
Fatin Izzati
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Light reading. Suitable for soul searching. I find myself related to the story from few angle. Even though it is not exactly similar but one can find that the story somehow will touch you even at minimal level.
Athirah Nazar
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Out of 3 books, Rough Diamond has an emotional story. I love it ...more
Fiza Aziz
Remarkable story.
bookishlydiya
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read this book after Letters to God and i definitely feel that Linda's story feel closer to me than Sarah's story. Maybe because Linda's struggles are more like my own struggles. Love her journey to find herself as a Muslim.

Also this book have kind of fast paced storyline i guess because i basically read this in one sitting.

Definitely recommend to read.
Rozaini Haji
Dec 18, 2019
Auni Zainal
Jun 08, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Karma (Sekuel Novel Stigma)
  • Signature Jalanan
  • Empayar: Hikayat Putera Tanpa Nama
  • Tales of Mothers 2: Of Love and Courage
  • Komik Gaza #2: Duka Palestin Saat Jatuhnya Empayar Islam
  • PSIKIK
Norhafsah Hamid was born in 1973 and received primary and secondary education in Malaysia. She then proceeded to pursue her studies in United Kingdom until she graduated with a law degree from Reading University, United Kingdom. She completer her Bar in Malaysia and went back to United Kingdom to work for a year. She then came back to Malaysia to commence her practice as an Advocate and Solicitor, ...more
“Weren't we all once a rough diamond, until we met the real purpose of life and finally living that purpose?” 0 likes